</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
truck
by jhix3734. 04/19/24 10:50 AM
Rem model 7 stainless 300WSM
by Thread Killer. 04/19/24 09:04 AM
Mathews lift 29.5
by Bows4evr. 04/18/24 09:53 PM
Trade or sell
by buzzbait. 04/18/24 05:07 PM
95 Ford F250 HD
by Rudy. 04/18/24 02:15 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Tdogs mount
by N2TRKYS. 04/19/24 12:26 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by Paint Rock 00. 04/19/24 05:54 AM
Windy.com
by quailman. 04/18/24 09:46 PM
First cwd transmission to human?
by donia. 04/18/24 06:53 AM
seems like
by donia. 04/17/24 04:01 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
G&E Hunting Club Questions
by booner. 04/11/24 01:11 PM
Who's Online Now
128 registered members (GomerPyle, johnv, 270wsm, Gunner211, akbejeepin, Ridge Life, Hunter454, Mbrock, rickyh_2, oakachoy, donia, trlrdrdave, Gobble4me757, Beebs, Gunpowder, Overland, Whitetaillane, leroyb, biglmbass, desertdog, bigfoot15, BPI, Shane99, Andalusia, Stoney, Thread Killer, NorthFork, fourfive45, Cactus_buck, BamaPlowboy, YellaLineHunter, Moose24, Fullthrottle, HSV. HUNTER, Atoler, Shaneomac2, Ray_Coon, CNC, Mjh97, Dean, cmontgomery, Eutaw, Herdbull, woodduck, turkey247, CAL, specialk, Narrow Gap, Daniel4191, bamapanic, seminole1, gastoka, Chaser357, HBWALKER14, mossyback, Okatuppa, CarbonClimber1, treemydog, booner, Bowfish, CatfishJunkie, twaldrop4, metalmuncher, cartervj, jsubrett6, NWFJ, CrappieMan, Cahabariverrat, Whild_Bill, Turberville, Big Game Hunter, buzzard, Turkeyhunter12, Sgiles, WEMOhunter, NICHOLS3, Jtide, jaydub12, Lockjaw, ALMODUX, CouchNapper, Bustinbeards, Skullworks, Birdman83, CAM, Turkeyneck78, bama_earl, Shotts, Bulls eye, Justice, Dempsey, beRAD, M48scout, leroycnbucks, deerman24, AJones, claybird, goodman_hunter, ALDawg, cdaddy14, BigA47, Keysbowman, Calvin, odocoileus, BrentsFX4, DGAMBLER, BhamFred, ImThere, UA Hunter, dave260rem!, SouthBamaSlayer, bug54, Birdfeathers, turfarmer, RebFormanUDA, Hotrod20, CCC, Fishduck, gene60, gobblebox, 8 invisible), 807 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: 257wbymag] #2711688
01/19/19 09:08 PM
01/19/19 09:08 PM
hamilton al marion
H
hvfs1118 Offline
spike
hvfs1118  Offline
spike
H
hamilton al marion
Originally Posted by 257wbymag
No ONE will step foot on my farm but me. I can promise you. [/q[quote=257wbymag]No ONE will step foot on my farm but me. I can promise you.

I wouldn't be to sure about that They sneak in and go around deer farms and crawl over high fences

Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Chad T] #2711703
01/19/19 09:16 PM
01/19/19 09:16 PM
N. Bama
257wbymag Offline
Boo Boo Head
257wbymag  Offline
Boo Boo Head
N. Bama
Bullschit they will

Quietly killing turkeys where youre not!!!
My tank full of give a fraks been runnin on empty
I'm the paterfamilias
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Shotts] #2711829
01/19/19 10:32 PM
01/19/19 10:32 PM
God's Country
S
Swampdrummin Offline
4 point
Swampdrummin  Offline
4 point
S
God's Country
Originally Posted by Shotts

Further I wouldn’t be quoting information from the local news and defending it without reading the damn study my self. The oral presentation plainly states 5kg repeatedly. I assume they were delivering an “acute” injection trying to obtain maximum effect. My comparison is based off of the data not a damn news article where some “journalist” sensationalized misstated or straight out lied about the results.

As for the full results being published they never are only a subset of researcher drawn conclusions. These same researchers depend on the next study to fund them and their next crop of grad students and post docs so they have a vested interest in perpetuating the research ask me how I know.

You read a POWER POINT, dear lord. Now, you say you listened to the presentation which you clearly didn't. It's ok. I went and did the legwork for you.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...erns-human-susceptibility-cwd/430046001/

Here's a newspaper that links to the actual presentation, given by the actual researcher who says they fed them, and I'm quoting here:

"Muscle tissue, animals received 5 kilograms of muscle, the macques, over a period of two years, roughly 200g, eaten once a month".

That translates to a 7.05479 ounce steak, once a month, for two years gave the maques CWD.

Now, maybe they made it all up. I guess that's possible. Now that you mention it, that little old researcher lady looks the type. She probably doesn't even need those glasses. That's totally a fake swedish accent too.

Quack quack.
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: centralala] #2711865
01/19/19 10:51 PM
01/19/19 10:51 PM
God's Country
S
Swampdrummin Offline
4 point
Swampdrummin  Offline
4 point
S
God's Country
Originally Posted by centralala
Originally Posted by Swampdrummin
It's been a good discussion and I appreciate all the feedback. 2 things for sure is it will always kill the individual deer but has never wiped out a herd. That never wiped out a herd is a big misconception that I had myself. I thought when CWD hits all the deer die. I think a lot of the casual hunters believe this. It's bad, we don't need it, but it's not the end of deer.

There is absolutely nothing I do or not do that is a direct threat of spreading this disease. Not that is known or speculated as spreading it at the moment anyway.

One thing that I keep going back to is how the very first animal got it? I've read the term "spontaneous naturally" several times as a possibility on how some animals get it. I just don't how this can not be true, especially with the very first animal. And if it happened once, surely it can happen again.

Come again? Is this some contest to plant the most misconception? How much are they paying you to dribble together random nonsense? Who are you even replying to?

I'm waiting on you to explain these misconceptions.

Individual deer get it die.
Herds have never been wiped out by the disease itself.
Some people believe it will wipe out the entire herd.
Nothing I'm currently doing will have an effect on the disease spreading.

HA, you know what I was talking about.

Quack quack.
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Chad T] #2711887
01/19/19 11:16 PM
01/19/19 11:16 PM
West Alabama
Ant67 Offline
10 point
Ant67  Offline
10 point
West Alabama
What are the symptoms of a CWD infected deer?

Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Swampdrummin] #2711905
01/19/19 11:41 PM
01/19/19 11:41 PM
Hamilton/Auburn
Shotts Online content
8 point
Shotts  Online Content
8 point
Hamilton/Auburn

Further I wouldn’t be quoting information from the local news and defending it without reading the damn study my self. The oral presentation plainly states 5kg repeatedly. I assume they were delivering an “acute” injection trying to obtain maximum effect. My comparison is based off of the data not a damn news article where some “journalist” sensationalized misstated or straight out lied about the results.

As for the full results being published they never are only a subset of researcher drawn conclusions. These same researchers depend on the next study to fund them and their next crop of grad students and post docs so they have a vested interest in perpetuating the research ask me how I know.

You read a POWER POINT, dear lord. Now, you say you listened to the presentation which you clearly didn't. It's ok. I went and did the legwork for you.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...erns-human-susceptibility-cwd/430046001/

Here's a newspaper that links to the actual presentation, given by the actual researcher who says they fed them, and I'm quoting here:

"Muscle tissue, animals received 5 kilograms of muscle, the macques, over a period of two years, roughly 200g, eaten once a month".

That translates to a 7.05479 ounce steak, once a month, for two years gave the maques CWD.

Now, maybe they made it all up. I guess that's possible. Now that you mention it, that little old researcher lady looks the type. She probably doesn't even need those glasses. That's totally a fake swedish accent too.

Yet again quote a third party news agency instead of reading it your self you are a genius! Requoting a newspaper instead of the actual work is not leg work. It’s ok I recently watched one of your class of geniuses quote a simulation output as data. Quoting a newspaper that references another news article must make it true i mean it’s the news lord knows CNN never embellishes one quoting the other just makes it a circular reference.

As for the lead researcher falsifying it either her briefing to a peer reviewed conference is wrong or the newspaper journalist isn’t wrong I know which my money is on. When I get to the office Monday I will ask for myself.

Life is difficult
Science prevails over bulldoodoo and superstition every time
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Ant67] #2711907
01/19/19 11:43 PM
01/19/19 11:43 PM
God's Country
S
Swampdrummin Offline
4 point
Swampdrummin  Offline
4 point
S
God's Country
Originally Posted by Ant67
What are the symptoms of a CWD infected deer?

Basically, for the first 18-24 months they don't have any symptoms that you can see, then they start losing weight and all their bodily functions start to go till eventually they're walking around with their head down drooling. Here's a couple links to a buck and cow elk near the end game: Whitetail buck with CWD. Cow elk with CWD

Per the USGS:

"What are the visual signs of chronic wasting disease?

Chronic wasting disease (CWD) has an extended incubation period averaging 18–24 months between infection and the onset of noticeable signs. During this time frame animals look and act normal. The most obvious sign of CWD is progressive weight loss. Numerous behavioral changes also have been reported, including decreased social interaction, loss of awareness, and loss of fear of humans.Diseased animals also may exhibit increased drinking, urination, and excessive salivation."

Quack quack.
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Shotts] #2711925
01/20/19 12:19 AM
01/20/19 12:19 AM
God's Country
S
Swampdrummin Offline
4 point
Swampdrummin  Offline
4 point
S
God's Country

Yet again quote a third party news agency instead of reading it your self you are a genius! Requoting a newspaper instead of the actual work is not leg work. It’s ok I recently watched one of your class of geniuses quote a simulation output as data. Quoting a newspaper that references another news article must make it true i mean it’s the news lord knows CNN never embellishes one quoting the other just makes it a circular reference.

As for the lead researcher falsifying it either her briefing to a peer reviewed conference is wrong or the newspaper journalist isn’t wrong I know which my money is on. When I get to the office Monday I will ask for myself.

You are making this very difficult. Luckily, I am a patient man. As I said, the newspaper article contains a LINK to the ACTUAL PRESENTATION that they based their article on, which is the presentation given by the ACTUAL RESEARCHER. You know, a video of what she actually said. Straight from the horses mouth as they say. Go look. Go watch the presentation.

You know what, I'm going to make this real easy. Here's the link to the actual presentation on the study which was given at the Prion 2017 Conference in Edinburgh: [video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vtt1kAVDhDQ[/video]You know what, i'm going to make it even easier. Click play. That's the little sideways triangle button at the bottom left of the screen. Now, it's a long video. A whole day's worth. Don't worry. Like I said, I did the legwork. Go to 1:36:56 / 8:25:25.

There's your quote, thereby resolving this whole scuffle between us irrefutably. The macaque monkeys got CWD from eating a tad bit more than a 7 oz steak, once per month, for two years.

Now, if you want to start a new scuffle, like say, the researcher looks like a 3 out of 10 when she is clearly a 7 then I am all for it. Now, to be fair, I guess that's a little subjective because some men, myself included, like their women a little older. Either way she's a solid 7 but you're probably gonna dispute that. Centralala probably will too. In which case, please direct me to research that she's not a 7.

Quack quack.
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Swampdrummin] #2711932
01/20/19 01:06 AM
01/20/19 01:06 AM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
It's been a good discussion and I appreciate all the feedback. 2 things for sure is it will always kill the individual deer but has never wiped out a herd. That never wiped out a herd is a big misconception that I had myself. I thought when CWD hits all the deer die. I think a lot of the casual hunters believe this. It's bad, we don't need it, but it's not the end of deer.

There is absolutely nothing I do or not do that is a direct threat of spreading this disease. Not that is known or speculated as spreading it at the moment anyway.

One thing that I keep going back to is how the very first animal got it? I've read the term "spontaneous naturally" several times as a possibility on how some animals get it. I just don't how this can not be true, especially with the very first animal. And if it happened once, surely it can happen again.

Come again? Is this some contest to plant the most misconception? How much are they paying you to dribble together random nonsense? Who are you even replying to?

I'm waiting on you to explain these misconceptions.

Individual deer get it die.
Herds have never been wiped out by the disease itself.
Some people believe it will wipe out the entire herd.
Nothing I'm currently doing will have an effect on the disease spreading.

HA, you know what I was talking about.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I will ask you one more time to please explain what misconceptions you are talking about? And who are "they" that would be paying me? You are running your mouth, now put up or shut up.

Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: centralala] #2711937
01/20/19 01:33 AM
01/20/19 01:33 AM
God's Country
S
Swampdrummin Offline
4 point
Swampdrummin  Offline
4 point
S
God's Country
You paint a rosy picture but it’s a fairytale. Payment was an exaggeration. CWD is going to ravage the whitetail deer herd in this country. It’s not going to be ok but there are things hunters can do to stave off the end. Fostering an attitude that this isn’t a big deal, deer will persevere, there’s nothing we can do, etc is only going to foster resistance to tHe measures that are going to be necessary to attempt to prolong CWD free hunting.

Quack quack.
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Swampdrummin] #2711938
01/20/19 01:39 AM
01/20/19 01:39 AM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
You paint a rosy picture but it’s a fairytale. Payment was an exaggeration. CWD is going to ravage the whitetail deer herd in this country. It’s not going to be ok but there are things hunters can do to stave off the end. Fostering an attitude that this isn’t a big deal, deer will persevere, there’s nothing we can do, etc is only going to foster resistance to tHe measures that are going to be necessary to attempt to prolong CWD free hunting.

Show me where I said that it's no big deal and I'll Show you where I said it's a bad thing and we don't need it. Show me 1 time the disease itself has ravaged the deer herd. Now is your time to really shine here. Show me where I said any misconceptions.

Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Chad T] #2711941
01/20/19 03:37 AM
01/20/19 03:37 AM
God's Country
S
Swampdrummin Offline
4 point
Swampdrummin  Offline
4 point
S
God's Country
Show me where I said any misconceptions.
I did, you just couldn’t see it.

Quack quack.
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Chad T] #2711956
01/20/19 06:39 AM
01/20/19 06:39 AM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
Show me where I said any misconceptions.
I did, you just couldn’t see it.

Be specific. Spell it out. Say what it is. I'll say again, put up or shut up. Tell me what specifically i said was incorrect. This is your chance to really show your depth of knowledge on this subject.

But I'm afraid you had some misconcepeptions, you googled it, and found out you are wrong. Therefore, you will keep dodging the question of what specifically i said that was wrong. Then....we will know..... Rock has returned!

Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Chad T] #2712097
01/20/19 10:43 AM
01/20/19 10:43 AM
alabama
BhamFred Online mad
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Online Mad
Freak of Nature
alabama
ya'll two go get a room..... loco

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: BhamFred] #2712114
01/20/19 11:03 AM
01/20/19 11:03 AM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
Originally Posted by BhamFred

Since you have felt the need to comment I will also give you the chance to say which of the following comments are incorrect:

Individual deer that get cwd die.
A deer herd has never been wiped out by the disease itself.
Some people believe it will wipe out the herd.
Nothing I am currently doing will have an effect on the spread of the disease.

Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Chad T] #2712119
01/20/19 11:14 AM
01/20/19 11:14 AM
alabama
BhamFred Online mad
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Online Mad
Freak of Nature
alabama
all true^^^^^^^^^^^

ya'll ain't argueing on the same page......

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Chad T] #2712126
01/20/19 11:17 AM
01/20/19 11:17 AM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
Well, put me on the right page because I really have no idea what the misconceptions I'm spreading he's refering to.

Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Chad T] #2712128
01/20/19 11:18 AM
01/20/19 11:18 AM
alabama
BhamFred Online mad
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Online Mad
Freak of Nature
alabama
I didn't say I KNEW what page, just that ya'll ain't on the same one! grin

proud Cracker-Americaan

Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: BhamFred] #2712134
01/20/19 11:23 AM
01/20/19 11:23 AM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
I didn't say I KNEW what page, just that ya'll ain't on the same one! grin

Well, at least I can challenge you and get an intelligent conversation back and good food for thought whether we agree or not. You can at least explain your answers. This guy cant.

Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: centralala] #2712161
01/20/19 11:39 AM
01/20/19 11:39 AM
hamilton al marion
H
hvfs1118 Offline
spike
hvfs1118  Offline
spike
H
hamilton al marion

Since you have felt the need to comment I will also give you the chance to say which of the following comments are incorrect:

Individual deer that get cwd die.
A deer herd has never been wiped out by the disease itself.
Some people believe it will wipe out the herd.
Nothing I am currently doing will have an effect on the spread of the disease.

Why do they worry about cwd when we loose hundreds or thousands to blue tongue and ehd ?? A few years ago along the Milk river and in Nebraska and in Alabama last year lost thousands, but Alabama game and fish said they don't care about our deer

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.