</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Rem model 7 stainless 300WSM
by Thread Killer. 04/19/24 09:04 AM
Mathews lift 29.5
by Bows4evr. 04/18/24 09:53 PM
Trade or sell
by buzzbait. 04/18/24 05:07 PM
95 Ford F250 HD
by Rudy. 04/18/24 02:15 PM
WTB RugerMK IV 22/45 tactical
by JLavender. 04/17/24 08:08 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Tdogs mount
by Shaneomac2. 04/19/24 08:19 AM
Neat IL buck Story
by Paint Rock 00. 04/19/24 05:54 AM
Windy.com
by quailman. 04/18/24 09:46 PM
First cwd transmission to human?
by donia. 04/18/24 06:53 AM
seems like
by donia. 04/17/24 04:01 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
G&E Hunting Club Questions
by booner. 04/11/24 01:11 PM
Who's Online Now
116 registered members (Turkeyhunter12, Fedex 1, abolt300, UncleHuck, Sself161, Gunpowder, Powers, AU7MM08, Lil_Fella, hayman, huntndad, Luxfisher, Ray_Coon, hallb, Jdkprp70, Safetyman, turkey247, Whitebone, goodman_hunter, SwampHunter, Beer Belly, jsubrett6, donia, BigEd, BC, BurningBright, Shack84, Deer Crossing, Snuffy, 25-20, JRigs10, Rainbowstew, tombo51, AustinC, Overland, Andalusia, MMPineLevel, TurkeyJoe, Turkey Petter, oakachoy, CeeHawk37, UARandy3, 3Gs, Birdman83, buzzard, Austin1, crenshawco, Turkey, 202P&Y, GomerPyle, BhamFred, Team_Stuckem, russellb, Floorman1, kodiak06, mossyback, sj22, Dano, hamma, Mmiller, wareagul, Ron A., hyco, Mbrock, Wildboar14, Booger, Geeb, Tracker, Hunting-231, woodduck, CarbonClimber1, Thread Killer, Shaneomac2, Turberville, brushwhacker, Chaser357, trlrdrdave, Woody1, BCLC, Exhoosier, mdavis, catdoctor, Beadlescomb, toothdoc, Dubie, JSanford1974, buck_buster, BearBranch, Ryano, ronfromramer, Whild_Bill, cmontgomery, jchurch, coldtrail, fur_n_feathers, ALDawg, NVM1031, Squadron77, WEMOhunter, Rockstar007, BamaBoHunter, DEADorALIVE, Jus_me, KEITH, Okatuppa, JohnG, BPI, Zzzfog, Solothurn, Koba, HBWALKER14, jake44, 4 invisible), 882 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: GomerPyle] #2675066
12/17/18 04:44 AM
12/17/18 04:44 AM
Your mom’s house
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Your mom’s house
I’m am going to say again. Their is no law making it illegal to have a loaded long gun in your vehicle no matter if you are on private or public property. No suck law exist. Long guns are not covered under a pistol license (CCP). The law specifically says, it is illegal to carry a handgun in a vehicle unless it is unloaded and stored, or you have a permit. It says nothing about long guns.

Again, I don’t care what a GW told you, I don’t care what you think, I don’t care what your daddy always said. There is no crime in having a loaded long gun in your vehicle.

Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: GomerPyle] #2675092
12/17/18 07:21 AM
12/17/18 07:21 AM
alabama
BhamFred Online mad
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Online Mad
Freak of Nature
alabama
lay it on em Scott.....

one more time..there ain't no such damn law.

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: BhamFred] #2675097
12/17/18 07:30 AM
12/17/18 07:30 AM
Clanton, AL
Out back Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Out back  Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Clanton, AL
Originally Posted by BhamFred
lay it on em Scott.....

We also don't know the GWs side of this story.
But, it's also perfectly legal to have, and drink, alcohol on private land.
So, if indeed it happened as described I would be on the phone, this morning, with everyone from Blankenship to Kay Ivey.

My opinions and comments are my own. They do not reflect the position or political opinions of Aldeer or any of the Aldeer administration.
Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: Out back] #2675101
12/17/18 07:39 AM
12/17/18 07:39 AM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
Originally Posted by Out back
lay it on em Scott.....

So, if indeed it happened as described I would be on the phone, this morning, with everyone from Blankenship to Kay Ivey.

I would be posting a copy of that warning ticket all over the WWW.

Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: centralala] #2675104
12/17/18 07:45 AM
12/17/18 07:45 AM
Northport, AL
GomerPyle Online content OP
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
GomerPyle  Online Content OP
Northport, AL
Originally Posted by centralala
Originally Posted by Out back
lay it on em Scott.....

I would be posting a copy of that warning ticket all over the WWW.

Y'all are preaching to the choir, and it's pretty much the exact same thing I told them. Make some phone calls, but whether they do or not is up to them.

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft
Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: GomerPyle] #2675110
12/17/18 07:50 AM
12/17/18 07:50 AM
Athens, AL
W
WallyGator0928 Offline
4 point
WallyGator0928  Offline
4 point
W
Athens, AL
Correct me if I’m wrong but if he observed the guy hunting over corn that right there gives the Warden probable cause to search anything he wants because the guy has displayed a propensity for breaking the law. Am I missing something?

As far as the warning it sounds like they got that one wrong but not overreaching on searching the cooler

Last edited by WallyGator0928; 12/17/18 07:52 AM.
Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: GomerPyle] #2675112
12/17/18 07:53 AM
12/17/18 07:53 AM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
Ask if you can get a copy of the warning and post it on here. Black out names or anything he ask to remain left out.

Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: WallyGator0928] #2675118
12/17/18 08:02 AM
12/17/18 08:02 AM
Northport, AL
Northport, AL
Originally Posted by WallyGator0928
Correct me if I’m wrong but if he observed the guy hunting over corn that right there gives the Warden probable cause to search anything he wants because the guy has displayed a propensity for breaking the law. Am I missing something?

Dont know how that works, but in this case they checked the cooler and truck beds first. The camp/parking area is about 100yds inside the gate. The hunters were further into the property. Also, the truck beds and cooler that were checked were not his, they belonged to other people.

The way it was explained to me......

3 guys hunting:

1 got a baiting ticket because there was some corn on the ground under an empty trough feeder

1 was told they'd already searched truck beds when they first got there, looking for beer in coolers(???)

Then, the hunters and GWs went back to camp, GW asked the 3rd hunter if the rifle in the back of his vehicle was loaded...he told him the mag was, but not chambered, and he was given a warning for that.

I hope I'm wrong or the stories have been twisted......I'd much rather that be the case than to have GWs running around making stuff up on the fly....I'm just posting what I was told.

3. Taxation Is Theft
Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: GomerPyle] #2675121
12/17/18 08:08 AM
12/17/18 08:08 AM
Athens, AL
W
WallyGator0928 Offline
4 point
WallyGator0928  Offline
4 point
W
Athens, AL
Originally Posted by GomerPyle

Dont know how that works, but in this case they checked the cooler and truck beds first. The camp/parking area is about 100yds inside the gate. The hunters were further into the property. Also, the truck beds and cooler that were checked were not his, they belonged to other people.

3 guys hunting:

1 got a baiting ticket because there was some corn on the ground under an empty trough feeder

1 was told they'd already searched truck beds when they first got there, looking for beer in coolers(???)

Then, the hunters and GWs went back to camp, GW asked the 3rd hunter if the rifle in the back of his vehicle was loaded...he told him the mag was, but not chambered, and he was given a warning for that.

I hope I'm wrong or the stories have been twisted......I'd much rather that be the case than to have GWs running around making stuff up on the fly....I'm just posting what I was told.

I completely understand how stuff gets mixed.... especially when people are upset. I thought I had seen a post earlier by someone that says the GW had been observing them for so long they watched them take a poop which made me assume they saw the corn before entering the property. Even if they searched it on the way in I could see it from a GW perspective that they wanted to get the frame of mind of who they're going to walk in on. I have to put myself in their shoes.... they're risking their lives for less than $30k a year so if looking into a cooler is what it takes to know if they're walking in on someone who may be drunk as a skunk with a loaded high power rifle then by all means check it because they got kids too, and they also have a job to do. I personally really appreciate the work a lot of them do because (this year in particular) they have helped keep trespassing and poaching off my lease property and done so as if it were their own. I hate to see us as a hunting community at war with the GW because they aren't our enemy..... our enemy is law breakers and the GW wants to help us with that problem.

Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: WallyGator0928] #2675124
12/17/18 08:11 AM
12/17/18 08:11 AM
Northport, AL
Northport, AL

3 guys hunting:

I completely understand how stuff gets mixed.... especially when people are upset. I thought I had seen a post earlier by someone that says the GW had been observing them for so long they watched them take a poop which made me assume they saw the corn before entering the property. Even if they searched it on the way in I could see it from a GW perspective that they wanted to get the frame of mind of who they're going to walk in on. I have to put myself in their shoes.... they're risking their lives for less than $30k a year so if looking into a cooler is what it takes to know if they're walking in on someone who may be drunk as a skunk with a loaded high power rifle then by all means check it because they got kids too, and they also have a job to do. I personally really appreciate the work a lot of them do because (this year in particular) they have helped keep trespassing and poaching off my lease property and done so as if it were their own. I hate to see us as a hunting community at war with the GW because they aren't our enemy..... our enemy is law breakers and the GW wants to help us with that problem.

Lol they did tell them they were observing them from outside the gate before hand and watched one move a tractor and take a dump. Then after they left the camp to go to the stands, the GWs came in to look around, so I'm told.

3. Taxation Is Theft
Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: WallyGator0928] #2675126
12/17/18 08:12 AM
12/17/18 08:12 AM
Hoover (poor section)
J
Johnal3 Offline
it froze over
Johnal3  Offline
it froze over
J
Hoover (poor section)

As far as the warning it sounds like they got that one wrong but not overreaching on searching the cooler

If he was in that vehicle or had driven it to the stand, maybe. I don’t know where that line is drawn. This one sided story sounds like he would’ve searched the guys house, wife’s car, dog’s arse, etc.

Originally Posted by BPS
This is Aldeer! The place people come to vent their frustrations and completely change their stance a few minutes later... grin
Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: GomerPyle] #2675130
12/17/18 08:16 AM
12/17/18 08:16 AM
Gee's Bend/At The Hog Pen
James Offline
Freak of Nature
James  Offline
Freak of Nature

3 guys hunting:

Lol they did tell them they were observing them from outside the gate before hand and watched one move a tractor and take a dump. Then after they left the camp to go to the stands, the GWs came in to look around, so I'm told.

Well Gomer i mentioned a few years ago about a buddy of mine getting a baiting ticket for a few kernels a few feet away from his shooting house. But he paid, cause it wasn't worth the hassle (in business for himself) of going to court

How many people am i willing to sacrifice for freedom?
Everyone. All of them...

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: GomerPyle] #2675132
12/17/18 08:17 AM
12/17/18 08:17 AM
alabama
BhamFred Online mad
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Online Mad
Freak of Nature
alabama
1. there is no law/reg that prohibits drinking while hunting. A case could be made for reckless endangerment IF you are drunk and doing something reckless with a firearm.

2. there is no law prohibiting having a fully loaded long gun in/on any vehicle.( Bham PD does not know this and may arrest you for "having a gun".....)
other than Bham grinyou can lay a fully loaded rifle on the dash and drive thru Montgomery legally. You can drive all over yer land with it there. You can drive around the club likewise. GW tells you it is illegal TELL HIM TO SHOW YOU THE LAW/REG. It doesn't exist.

3. It is illegal to hunt with the aid of a motor vehicle. It used to be enforced all around, no sitting on/in while hunting. That changed around 1985-1990, allowing you to park on the gas line, engine running while hunting. (kind of like the "salt is legal" enforcement. If you are driving around a big pasture looking for deer, stopping and glassing, sticking gun out the window to look, you could be arrested for hunting from a motor vehicle.

Shooting from a public road from the vehicle could get you a public road ticket, motor vehicle ticket, permit ticket (if on someone else land with no permission).

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: GomerPyle] #2675138
12/17/18 08:26 AM
12/17/18 08:26 AM
Thomasville, AL
H
Hogwild Offline
Booner
Hogwild  Offline
Booner
H
Thomasville, AL
Just a guess.....

But, I kinda suspect the GW’s probably observed some activity that indicated suspicion.......or, possibly even guilt, but, the gun had been unloaded prior to them actually getting to see it.

But, maybe not??

If it is such an issue, and they feel wronged, take it before a Judge and/or Jury.

Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: Hogwild] #2675141
12/17/18 08:29 AM
12/17/18 08:29 AM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
Originally Posted by Hogwild
Just a guess.....

But, I kinda suspect the GW’s probably observed some activity that indicated suspicion.......or, possibly even guilt, but, the gun had been unloaded prior to them actually getting to see it.

But, maybe not??

If it is such an issue, and they feel wronged, take it before a Judge and/or Jury.

How do you take a warning to court?

Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: Hogwild] #2675145
12/17/18 08:33 AM
12/17/18 08:33 AM
James Offline
Freak of Nature
James  Offline
Freak of Nature
Just a guess.....

I agree. But most folks aren't going to go to court because of having to miss work and all the added cost, when it's much easier to pay the fine.

Everyone. All of them...

Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: James] #2675148
12/17/18 08:34 AM
12/17/18 08:34 AM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
Originally Posted by James
Just a guess.....

I agree. But most folks aren't going to go to court because of having to miss work and all the added cost, when it's much easier to pay the fine.

Once again, how do you carry a warning to court?

Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: GomerPyle] #2675151
12/17/18 08:39 AM
12/17/18 08:39 AM
alabama
BhamFred Online mad
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Online Mad
Freak of Nature
alabama
you can't carry a warning to court. It carries no weight.

proud Cracker-Americaan

Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: centralala] #2675152
12/17/18 08:40 AM
12/17/18 08:40 AM
James Offline
Freak of Nature
James  Offline
Freak of Nature
Originally Posted by centralala
Originally Posted by James
Just a guess.....

Once again, how do you carry a warning to court?

Yeah i wasn't really referring to the warning ticket, kinda typing out loud lol, there's a lot of responses telling people to take it to court, but that can be especially hard for someone when they may possibly hunt 2 or even 3 counties away from home, so they end up just paying, even when they may have possibly been wronged...

Everyone. All of them...

Re: Game Warden encounter [Re: BhamFred] #2675157
12/17/18 08:51 AM
12/17/18 08:51 AM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
you can't carry a warning to court. It carries no weight.

Yea, I know that. No court date. No fine. But with the carry it to court made me wonder if I had missed something. What I have seen, especially with GWs, it is used as a tool to drive home a teaching point when they feel education is best.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.