</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Aimpoint Comp M5S with 2 mounts
by Turkeyneck78. 04/22/24 07:50 PM
Kubota Tractor M6060
by oakachoy. 04/22/24 04:59 PM
Harley for Sale
by JA. 04/22/24 03:43 PM
2007 Ford F150 King Ranch 4x4 $6500
by chrismims. 04/22/24 01:54 PM
WTB 7-08 Rifle
by kaferhaus. 04/22/24 10:02 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Future of Camo
by hallb. 04/23/24 09:06 AM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/21/24 08:10 PM
Taxidermist called
by Mbrock. 04/21/24 04:58 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by Paint Rock 00. 04/19/24 05:54 AM
Windy.com
by quailman. 04/18/24 09:46 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
G&E Hunting Club Questions
by booner. 04/11/24 01:11 PM
Who's Online Now
133 registered members (Snuffy, 000buck, Blessed, CouchNapper, Antelope08, Sasquatch Lives, BCLC, ronfromramer, Cousneddy, duxlayer, TheVern, thayerp81, Exhoosier, burbank, Smitty4Bama, jeffhhub, gundoc, hamma, AMB, Whild_Bill, CCC, G/H, desertdog, C3SEAST, MarksOutdoors, buzzard, Chiller, Shaneomac2, YellaLineHunter, Reptar, slippinlipjr, FastXD, Mansfield, 7PTSPREAD, Colt1917, Gobble4me757, cullbuck, rickyh_2, Bronco 74, Dean, Narrow Gap, 280Rem., Lightfoot, Backwards cowboy, Spec, cbs, Chaser357, DThrash, Ant67, biglmbass, Lvlhdd, straycat, bowdean, dave260rem!, auwardamn, sj22, hunterturf, BigA47, Goose11, cchoque93, jawbone, claybird, FreeStateHunter, mossyback, Tree Dweller, johnv, JA, Stacey, hallb, Reaper, El_Matador, Floorman1, Nightwatchman, Lil_Fella, bama_earl, lckrn, StateLine, Josh77, Squadron77, Skillet, WMEC615, WDE, OutdoorsAL, fillmore, .308, donia, dtmwtp, Rockstar007, roll_tide_hunts, Mully, bamaeyedoc, Wahoo, Fishduck, JohnG, jwalker77, jtillery, Mike0360, BamaBoHunter, bama205, Mbrock, scrubbuck, Atoler, bald347, DoubleB, bholmes, bass1090, goodman_hunter, Stu, dirkdaddy, geeb1, Johnal3, jchurch, MoonDog, Kicker, bamapanic, hue, JustHunt, Hammertime7v2, Paxamus, tmhrmh1, BC, Bill H 280, 11 invisible), 618 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law #2631416
11/07/18 03:18 PM
11/07/18 03:18 PM
Prattville, Alabama
Skullworks Offline OP
Freak of Nature
Skullworks  Offline OP
Freak of Nature
Prattville, Alabama
That slippery slope we always talk about!!!!!!!

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...qtQTrR4klbL1viUyAdLMdpFTvSVQm2KwEtk4J2xM

"Maryland Man Shot and Killed by Police While Serving a Gun Violence Restraining Order

by Dan Zimmerman |

Nov 05, 2018 |

Gun Violence Restraining Order Police Shoot Gun Owner

courtesy Baltimore Sun

We’ve been saying this was going to happen since the first “gun violence restraining order” or “red flag” law went into effect in California. It was just a matter of time. Two Maryland police officers were attempting to enforce a red flag order and confiscate the guns of a 60-year-old Anne Arundel County man who didn’t want to turn over his firearms.

As the Baltimore Sun reports, two officers knocked on a gun owner’s door bright and early this morning . . .

Two Anne Arundel County police officers serving one of Maryland’s new “red flag” protective orders to remove guns from a house killed a Ferndale man after he refused to give up his gun and a struggle ensued early Monday morning, police said.

The subject of the protective order, Gary J. Willis, 60, answered his door in the 100 block of Linwood Ave. at 5:17 a.m. with a gun in his hand, Anne Arundel County Police said. He initially put it down next to the door, but “became irate” when officers began to serve him with the order, opened the door and picked up the gun again, police said.

That’s when a struggle ensued over the gun.

One of the officers struggled to take the gun from Willis, and during the struggle, the gun fired but did not strike anyone, police said. At that point, the other officer fatally shot Willis, police said. Neither officer was injured, police said.

The order was apparently issued following a family dispute.

Police had come to the house Sunday night to speak with Willis, a longtime resident of the neighborhood, said Michele Willis, who was on the scene Monday morning and identified herself as his niece. She attributed that visit by police to “family being family” but declined to elaborate.

She said one of her aunts requested the protective order to temporarily remove his guns.

Gun control advocates have pushed for these laws in states all across the country over the last few years as a way to get firearms out of the hands of those who friends or family members claim shouldn’t have access to them. The problem is that none of these laws have adequate due process protections for the targets of the confiscation orders. They’re enforced first and then the burden is on the gun owner to prove why he or she should have their firearms returned.

Mr. Willis won’t be the last gun owner to object to a knock on the door by police officers attempting to confiscate his firearms, no matter what the circumstances behind the order.

"I'm not near as critical about how big they are as I once was. Smiles are more important now! We will grow more deer."
Jimmy G.
Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: Skullworks] #2631586
11/07/18 06:07 PM
11/07/18 06:07 PM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
When I go down,I will take several with me.

Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: R_H_Clark] #2631606
11/07/18 06:19 PM
11/07/18 06:19 PM
Clanton, AL
Out back Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Out back  Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Clanton, AL
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

The problem is that you'll be aiming at police officers just doing their job.
This kind of nonsense is totally unconstitutional. This is why we can't find common ground across the isle, we have to become radical to fight the radicals. I don't want to wage war with a police officer who likely feels the same way I do about my rights. I want wage war with the leftist morons who railroad this illegal bullschit through our state legislatures, or city councils, quietly in back room deals

My opinions and comments are my own. They do not reflect the position or political opinions of Aldeer or any of the Aldeer administration.
Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: R_H_Clark] #2631607
11/07/18 06:20 PM
11/07/18 06:20 PM
ArmPit of the south
D
DeerNutz0U812_ Offline
Booner
DeerNutz0U812_  Offline
Booner
D
ArmPit of the south
Roll Tide buddy.... beers

Did you know that Beer Nutz are over a Dollar...and Deer Nutz are under a Buck...

Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: Out back] #2631612
11/07/18 06:30 PM
11/07/18 06:30 PM
Santa Rosa/Conecuh
hallb Online content
Booner
hallb  Online Content
Booner
Santa Rosa/Conecuh
Originally Posted by Out back

This kind of nonsense is totally unconstitutional. This is why we can't find common ground across the isle, we have to become radical to fight the radicals. I don't want to wage war with a police officer who likely feels the same way I do about my rights. I want wage war with the leftist morons who railroad this illegal bullschit through our state legislatures, or city councils, quietly in back room deals

Those police officers should refuse to carry out their orders when they are unconstitutional.

Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: hallb] #2631614
11/07/18 06:33 PM
11/07/18 06:33 PM
Satsuma
kodiak06 Offline
Booner
kodiak06  Offline
Booner
Satsuma
Originally Posted by hallb

Those police officers should refuse to carry out their orders when they are unconstitutional.

Not gonna happen when they have mouths to feed and mortgages/rent every month.

Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: Skullworks] #2631616
11/07/18 06:36 PM
Longwood, FL
J
jlbuc10 Offline
Booner
jlbuc10  Offline
Booner
J
Longwood, FL
This seems like a baker act type situation. Family asked the police to come and temporarily remove the guns from a mentally unstable man that may have been a danger to himself or others.

Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: kodiak06] #2631618
Gee's Bend/At The Hog Pen
James Offline
Freak of Nature
James  Offline
Freak of Nature
Originally Posted by kodiak06
Originally Posted by hallb

Not gonna happen when they have mouths to feed and mortgages/rent every month.

True everyone uses this excuse, And it's also the reason nothing will ever change

How many people am i willing to sacrifice for freedom?
Everyone. All of them...

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: jlbuc10] #2631620
11/07/18 06:38 PM
11/07/18 06:38 PM
Clanton, AL
Out back Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Out back  Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Clanton, AL
Originally Posted by jlbuc10
This seems like a baker act type situation. Family asked the police to come and temporarily remove the guns from a mentally unstable man that may have been a danger to himself or others.

Not when the man has been denied due process. There was no evidence to mental condition and no judgment of his competence. Only an accusation from an unhappy niece.

My opinions and comments are my own. They do not reflect the position or political opinions of Aldeer or any of the Aldeer administration.
Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: Out back] #2631621
11/07/18 06:41 PM
11/07/18 06:41 PM
James Offline
Freak of Nature
James  Offline
Freak of Nature

Not when the man has been denied due process. There was no evidence to mental condition and no judgment of his competence. Only an accusation from an unhappy niece.

Yep....Guess i better change my Avatar eek

How many people am i willing to sacrifice for freedom?
Everyone. All of them...

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: Skullworks] #2631632
11/07/18 06:58 PM
11/07/18 06:58 PM
Morgan Co.
Dixiepatriot Offline
Freak of Nature
Dixiepatriot  Offline
Freak of Nature
Morgan Co.
All I know to suggest is don’t live in a chithole state like Maryland.

http://familyfoundationfund.org
Proud descendant of confederate soldiers.
Auburn elitist
Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: Skullworks] #2631643
11/07/18 07:19 PM
11/07/18 07:19 PM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Online content
Booner
goodman_hunter  Online Content
Booner
coffee county
To bad he didn't make them earn it. Even though the tyrants were just doing there job, by breaking an oath and violating the Constitution. Gotta get home safe, even if you gotta put down some innocent civilians in their own home. I hope the guys sister has a miserable rest of her life.

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: Out back] #2631647
11/07/18 07:26 PM
11/07/18 07:26 PM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama

Yea, that's what the Nazis said,but you got to start somewhere.

Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: Out back] #2631659
11/07/18 07:37 PM
11/07/18 07:37 PM
Longwood, FL
J
jlbuc10 Offline
Booner
jlbuc10  Offline
Booner
J
Longwood, FL

“Those efforts recently led to Maryland passing a law providing for “extreme risk protective orders,” also known as a “red flag” law. Such laws allow family members, law enforcement and others to seek a court order to temporarily prohibit people’s access to firearms when they show red flags that they are a danger to themselves or others.”

Guess this makes me a snowflake, but I’m ok with this. I had a friend that was going through alcohol withdrawals and was having delirium tremmens. He was living with my brother and tried to stab me when I went to help him. Called the cops and when they arrived he told them there wasn’t anything wrong with him and there was nothing they could do. I wish I could’ve got a court order to temporarily remove his fire arms

Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: jlbuc10] #2631663
11/07/18 07:43 PM
11/07/18 07:43 PM
Clanton, AL
Out back Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Out back  Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Clanton, AL

“Those efforts recently led to Maryland passing a law providing for “extreme risk protective orders,” also known as a “red flag” law. Such laws allow family members, law enforcement and others to seek a court order to temporarily prohibit people’s access to firearms when they show red flags that they are a danger to themselves or others.”

Guess this makes me a snowflake, but I’m ok with this. I had a friend that was going through alcohol withdrawals and was having delirium tremmens. He was living with my brother and tried to stab me when I went to help him. Called the cops and when they arrived he told them there wasn’t anything wrong with him and there was nothing they could do. I wish I could’ve got a court order to temporarily remove his fire arms

I wouldn't say it makes you a snowflake but what you're advocating certainly would be illegal. If this guy was living in your brother's house then the obvious recourse would be to put him out of the house, or press charges for assault. But taking his personal belongings is theft.

Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: jlbuc10] #2631672
11/07/18 07:54 PM
11/07/18 07:54 PM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Online content
Booner
goodman_hunter  Online Content
Booner
coffee county

So you'd be ok with the cops coming out and shooting him? If someone breaks the law, sure. But if your MIL or Dem sister or ex wife says you are dangerous. Your ok with them coming and taking your guns?

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: jlbuc10] #2631674
11/07/18 07:57 PM
11/07/18 07:57 PM
Santa Rosa/Conecuh
hallb Online content
Booner
hallb  Online Content
Booner
Santa Rosa/Conecuh

So, some guy tried to stab you but the cops just shrugged it off? Mmmmkay. So did he end up using his guns for something that deserved to have them taken away from him?

Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: Skullworks] #2631678
11/07/18 07:59 PM
11/07/18 07:59 PM
behind my Dillon
dave260rem! Online content
Skinny’s Ex
dave260rem!  Online Content
Skinny’s Ex
behind my Dillon
So your ok with nontrained folks making mental health decisions for you? That what be a NO for me.

Only hits count.
Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: Skullworks] #2631684
11/07/18 08:07 PM
11/07/18 08:07 PM
USA
M
marshmud991 Offline
14 point
marshmud991  Offline
14 point
M
USA
Here in La the only way we take a weapon is if it was used in a crime. If the family is concerned about the safety of a family member it's up to them to remove the weapons. If a subject threatens to harm themselves we remove subject and get medical or psychiatric help. Was ask the family to remove weapons but we do not remove them for the family. Also I will be unemployed if ever ordered to remove someone's weapons if no crime has been committed with said weapon.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chews your a$$ all day long.

Re: Man Killed by Police following Red Flag law [Re: Skullworks] #2631687
11/07/18 08:09 PM
11/07/18 08:09 PM
Chilton
P
Powpow65 Offline
10 point
Powpow65  Offline
10 point
P
Chilton
2nd amendment says "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." IMO any law restricting firearms is unconstitutional.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.