</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
WTB RugerMK IV 22/45 tactical
by JLavender. 04/17/24 08:08 PM
2011 Toyota RAV4
by jsubrett6. 04/16/24 10:00 PM
Remington 700 SPS Buckmasters Edition
by Mbrock. 04/16/24 09:30 PM
44 Mag Ammo
by wew3006. 04/16/24 02:43 PM
Chevrolet Silverado - Low Miles
by Gulfcoast. 04/16/24 12:11 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Windy.com
by Tree Dweller. 04/18/24 05:15 AM
First cwd transmission to human?
by Wahoo. 04/17/24 06:40 PM
seems like
by donia. 04/17/24 04:01 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by jdhunter2011. 04/17/24 11:42 AM
Corn planting need Cnc advise
by cartervj. 04/11/24 05:24 AM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
G&E Hunting Club Questions
by booner. 04/11/24 01:11 PM
Who's Online Now
50 registered members (Mansfield, deadeye48, RCHRR, Pwyse, Tupi, graydw1, Eutaw, Skullworks, JAT, sw1002, Chaser357, !shiloh!, Tree Dweller, Dog, jaredhunts, Luxfisher, TEM, outdoorguy88, Claims Rep., PikeRoadHunter, BCLC, AJones, DuckDown11, T72, Snuffy, Cjunkin, shootnmiss, booner, Jmoore77, BPI, Dragfan66, AU7MM08, Bustinbeards, Bread, Wapiti55, eclipse829, BD, Reaper, having fun now, Geezer, tucker07, Smitty4Bama, claybird, imadeerhntr, 6 invisible), 399 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: tats [Re: Joe4majors] #2527784
07/14/18 10:51 AM
07/14/18 10:51 AM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline
Booner
M
Chilton County

To each his own, I guess. I'm not into them myself and strongly dislike them on the female body. I have read some studies that suggest a strong correlation between tattoos and risk-taking behaviors.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: tats [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #2527794
07/14/18 11:06 AM
07/14/18 11:06 AM
dothan
eskimo270 Offline
10 point
eskimo270  Offline
10 point
dothan
Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer
Goodness gracious people. Leviticus was only applicable to the Levites. If you think tattoos are a sin and the book of Leviticus is applicable to us still to this day, you need to change your whole life because Leviticus prohibits a lot of stuff we do on a daily basis.

I don’t have a tattoo, nor does my wife. I don’t like them or see the appeal of them, but I don’t care if you have them. I also don’t think they’re attractive on women, but to each his own!

Thanks for the info 👍, we can just rip that book out right?

Super Predator
Re: tats [Re: MarksOutdoors] #2527799
07/14/18 11:14 AM
07/14/18 11:14 AM
Clanton, AL
Out back Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Out back  Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Clanton, AL
Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors

To each his own, I guess. I'm not into them myself and strongly dislike them on the female body. I have read some studies that suggest a strong correlation between tattoos and risk-taking behaviors.

Well behaved women rarely make history.

My opinions and comments are my own. They do not reflect the position or political opinions of Aldeer or any of the Aldeer administration.
Re: tats [Re: Joe4majors] #2527804
07/14/18 11:28 AM
07/14/18 11:28 AM
N. Bama
257wbymag Offline
Boo Boo Head
257wbymag  Offline
Boo Boo Head
N. Bama
Well behaved women sure are cheaper to maintain tho.

Quietly killing turkeys where youre not!!!
My tank full of give a fraks been runnin on empty
I'm the paterfamilias
Re: tats [Re: eskimo270] #2527829
07/14/18 12:04 PM
07/14/18 12:04 PM
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL
Originally Posted by eskimo270
Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer
Goodness gracious people. Leviticus was only applicable to the Levites. If you think tattoos are a sin and the book of Leviticus is applicable to us still to this day, you need to change your whole life because Leviticus prohibits a lot of stuff we do on a daily basis.

I don’t have a tattoo, nor does my wife. I don’t like them or see the appeal of them, but I don’t care if you have them. I also don’t think they’re attractive on women, but to each his own!

Thanks for the info 👍, we can just rip that book out right?

Did I say that?

Re: tats [Re: Joe4majors] #2527849
07/14/18 12:38 PM
07/14/18 12:38 PM
Holly Pond Alabama
C
Cullman_bamahunt Offline
4 point
Cullman_bamahunt  Offline
4 point
C
Holly Pond Alabama
At 18 I got a browning confederate flag(me being rebilious)
At 19 I got a minute man and "we the people
At 20 I got my daughters initials
At 21 I got my anniversary date in roman numerals
Got 1 per shoulder and one per inside forearm

Re: tats [Re: Joe4majors] #2527850
07/14/18 12:42 PM
07/14/18 12:42 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
I just looked through the book of leviticus trying to find where Moses addressed it to the levites. I couldnt find that. It did say tell the children of Isreal these things. That could open a whole new can. I just always assumed all the Bible was good for all people.

Re: tats [Re: !shiloh!] #2527852
07/14/18 12:43 PM
07/14/18 12:43 PM
Dale County, AL
G
Groundhawg Offline
10 point
Groundhawg  Offline
10 point
G
Dale County, AL
Originally Posted by !shiloh!
I have a butterfly tattooed right above my butt crack. seemed like a good idea at the time...

Problem is that the butterfly on your back at 20 looks like a buzzard in your crack at 50!

Re: tats [Re: 257wbymag] #2527860
07/14/18 12:58 PM
07/14/18 12:58 PM
Clanton, AL
Out back Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Out back  Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Clanton, AL
Originally Posted by 257wbymag

Not been my experience. Rowdy women are much cheaper to please.

My opinions and comments are my own. They do not reflect the position or political opinions of Aldeer or any of the Aldeer administration.
Re: tats [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #2527862
07/14/18 01:00 PM
07/14/18 01:00 PM
Sylacauga, AL
poorcountrypreacher Offline
Booner
poorcountrypreacher  Offline
Booner
Sylacauga, AL

I don't have any and don't want any, but I don't think the biblical argument against them is very strong. The same chapter in Leviticus also says to not mix different seeds together. The standard aldeer deer plot of small grains and clover is just as sinful as a tattoo if you believe that we still under the Law.

The NT says very clearly that we are no longer under law, but under grace. That statement is either true or it isn't. If it's true, and I believe that it is, then you can't pick and choose OT laws and try to put us under some of them while ignoring others. Well, you can, and people do, but I believe that it makes for a very inconsistent theology.

I still don't understand why anyone wants a tattoo, but there is a lot I don't understand.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Re: tats [Re: Out back] #2527863
07/14/18 01:01 PM
07/14/18 01:01 PM
N. Bama
257wbymag Offline
Boo Boo Head
257wbymag  Offline
Boo Boo Head
N. Bama
Originally Posted by Out back
Originally Posted by 257wbymag

Not been my experience. Rowdy women are much cheaper to please.

I'm speaking in terms of divorces, bar bills, broken out winders ETC

Quietly killing turkeys where youre not!!!
My tank full of give a fraks been runnin on empty
I'm the paterfamilias
Re: tats [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #2527868
07/14/18 01:08 PM
07/14/18 01:08 PM
Lake View, AL
Joe4majors Offline OP
14 point
Joe4majors  Offline OP
14 point
Lake View, AL
Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher

I don't have any and don't want any, but I don't think the biblical argument against them is very strong. The same chapter in Leviticus also says to not mix different seeds together. The standard aldeer deer plot of small grains and clover is just as sinful as a tattoo if you believe that we still under the Law.

The NT says very clearly that we are no longer under law, but under grace. That statement is either true or it isn't. If it's true, and I believe that it is, then you can't pick and choose OT laws and try to put us under some of them while ignoring others. Well, you can, and people do, but I believe that it makes for a very inconsistent theology.

I still don't understand why anyone wants a tattoo, but there is a lot I don't understand.

Sounds spot on to me.

Re: tats [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #2527902
07/14/18 02:06 PM
07/14/18 02:06 PM
dothan
eskimo270 Offline
10 point
eskimo270  Offline
10 point
dothan

I am a simple person with a simple outlook. When someone asks me about what I believe the Christians worldview and stance should be concerning issues of life like the death penalty, marriage, alcohol, tattoos, abortion or any other issue my response is to always encourage them to stand where the Scriptures tell us that God Himself stands on that particular issue.

Concerning tattoos, the only word that we have, the only insight given to us on what God desires concerning this issue is the verse found in Leviticus where He says don’t tattoo your bodies. Many of the OT prohibitions we see listed by other posters, like the pork prohibition, we see God address in the New Covenant. Some like stealing, murder and the such remains.

I thank God for His grace and it is my desire to live under His grace not His law it is also my desire because of His grace towards me to live a life pleasing to Him in all things and this means for me to not do things that He has clearly said not to do.

Super Predator
Re: tats [Re: Irishguy] #2527930
07/14/18 02:55 PM
07/14/18 02:55 PM
Gurley, Alabama
S
Standbanger Offline
12 point
Standbanger  Offline
12 point
S
Gurley, Alabama
Originally Posted by Irishguy
I trimmed my beard, sideburns and touched a Boston butt all on the same day. May God have mercy on my soul.

Asking for prayers from the Aldeer prayer warriors.

Praying for Irish.......

Re: tats [Re: eskimo270] #2527943
07/14/18 03:32 PM
07/14/18 03:32 PM
Sylacauga, AL
poorcountrypreacher Offline
Booner
poorcountrypreacher  Offline
Booner
Sylacauga, AL

I am a simple person with a simple outlook. When someone asks me about what I believe the Christians worldview and stance should be concerning issues of life like the death penalty, marriage, alcohol, tattoos, abortion or any other issue my response is to always encourage them to stand where the Scriptures tell us that God Himself stands on that particular issue.

Concerning tattoos, the only word that we have, the only insight given to us on what God desires concerning this issue is the verse found in Leviticus where He says don’t tattoo your bodies. Many of the OT prohibitions we see listed by other posters, like the pork prohibition, we see God address in the New Covenant. Some like stealing, murder and the such remains.

I thank God for His grace and it is my desire to live under His grace not His law it is also my desire because of His grace towards me to live a life pleasing to Him in all things and this means for me to not do things that He has clearly said not to do.

I agree with your last paragraph 100%, and that is my desire as well.

But I don't think I am being obedient to my calling if I try to tell others to follow rules that I honestly don't think we are required to follow as Christians. The prohibition against mixing seeds is right there in the same chapter. That text just as clearly says to not mix crops as it does to not get a tattoo, yet I have never once heard anyone say that this law should be applied to modern agriculture. Honest question - how can we advise others that the Bible demands we follow one rule and yet we feel free to ignore the other?

It may seem like it's better to be on the safe side and advise people that tattoos are sinful; maybe it is. But we also are in danger of turning people who are into tattoos away from being willing to hear the message of the gospel, and I think it's very possible that can happen when we have such flimsy scriptural evidence on an issue. And be sure the world will notice when the evidence is flimsy.

There is also an OT passage that could possibly be understood to support a tattoo for the right reason:

Isaiah 44:5 New International Version (NIV)
5 Some will say, ‘I belong to the Lord’;
others will call themselves by the name of Jacob;
still others will write on their hand, ‘The Lord’s,’
and will take the name Israel.

That's not exactly an endorsement, but some folks understand it that way.

My belief is that the Law was given to Israel for a specific people living in a specific time and a specific place. It was fulfilled in Christ and was never intended to be used by anyone else. I believe that is what the NT teaches; not just an idea I had. That is the reason I can eat catfish, wear clothes made of different fabrics, and plant wheat and clover in the same field.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Re: tats [Re: Joe4majors] #2527971
07/14/18 04:33 PM
07/14/18 04:33 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
First of all I do not think I am better than anyone and I understand I sin every day and my sin is as bad as anyones.......... Now everybody keeps talking about disregarding parts of the bible because it dont make sense in todays culture, or because nobody does it that way any more, or because this group of people said its ok now so God must have changed his mind. God plainly says "do not do this". How can a human being who never had the right to decide right and wrong say that doesnt matter any more because on the next page he sais not to do this too and everybody does that now. Thats a bunch of comprimising crap. The only instance in the bible where a tatoo is mentioned is where God said dont do it. Whether or not its a sin by todays standards, it plainly shows that God is against it. God would rather we didnt do that along with alot of other stuff we have decided we can do now for reasons we have made up in our own minds. The only problem is we dont make up the rules. If we would spend half the energy trying to be obedient that we spend trying to figure out how to justify the things we want to do, I bet alot of things would be alot better. I say to each his own my self. I would never look down on anybody because of a tatoo. But the bible says what it says.

Re: tats [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #2527991
07/14/18 05:40 PM
07/14/18 05:40 PM
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...

I agree with your last paragraph 100%, and that is my desire as well.

But I don't think I am being obedient to my calling if I try to tell others to follow rules that I honestly don't think we are required to follow as Christians. The prohibition against mixing seeds is right there in the same chapter. That text just as clearly says to not mix crops as it does to not get a tattoo, yet I have never once heard anyone say that this law should be applied to modern agriculture. Honest question - how can we advise others that the Bible demands we follow one rule and yet we feel free to ignore the other?

It may seem like it's better to be on the safe side and advise people that tattoos are sinful; maybe it is. But we also are in danger of turning people who are into tattoos away from being willing to hear the message of the gospel, and I think it's very possible that can happen when we have such flimsy scriptural evidence on an issue. And be sure the world will notice when the evidence is flimsy.

There is also an OT passage that could possibly be understood to support a tattoo for the right reason:

Isaiah 44:5 New International Version (NIV)
5 Some will say, ‘I belong to the Lord’;
others will call themselves by the name of Jacob;
still others will write on their hand, ‘The Lord’s,’
and will take the name Israel.

That's not exactly an endorsement, but some folks understand it that way.

My belief is that the Law was given to Israel for a specific people living in a specific time and a specific place. It was fulfilled in Christ and was never intended to be used by anyone else. I believe that is what the NT teaches; not just an idea I had. That is the reason I can eat catfish, wear clothes made of different fabrics, and plant wheat and clover in the same field.

thumbup

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard
Re: tats [Re: Joe4majors] #2528032
07/14/18 06:23 PM
07/14/18 06:23 PM
Montgomery
bamaeyedoc Offline
Old Mossy Horns
bamaeyedoc  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Montgomery
Back in my frat days, I thought about getting the Greek letters of my frat tattooed on my ankle. Thankfully it was only a fleeting thought during a Miller Lite binge but I must have found something better to do at that moment in time. I cannot understand the attraction for tats but I know several people that claim they are addictive. They say once you get one, you always want another and another. I don't have anything against folks that have them it's just not my thing.

Honestly, I had never heard of the OT law that prohibited tats but I don't proclaim to know all the OT laws. What I do know is that God is not going to turn anyone away from his reward if they have truly accepted Christ as their savior, regardless if their entire body is inked up.

Dr. B

AKA: “Dr. B”
Aldeer #121
8-3-2000
Proud alum of AUM, UAB, and UA
Member of Team 10 Point
2023-2024 ALdeer Deer Contest Winners

Glennis Jerome "Jerry" Harris
1938-2017
UGA Class of 1960
BS/MS Forestry
LTJG, USNR

Re: tats [Re: Turkey_neck] #2528051
07/14/18 06:41 PM
07/14/18 06:41 PM
Lickskillet, AL
Irishguy Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Irishguy  Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Lickskillet, AL
Originally Posted by Turkey_neck
[Linked Image][/img]
Looks better then what it covered up.

You look like you "...could commit a murder or start a religion..."

(Extra Aldeer points for anyone who knows where that line's from.)

Last edited by Irishguy; 07/14/18 06:44 PM.
Re: tats [Re: MarksOutdoors] #2528055
07/14/18 06:44 PM
07/14/18 06:44 PM
Lickskillet, AL
Irishguy Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Irishguy  Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Lickskillet, AL
Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors

Personally I like a woman who can make a decision that she'll regret later.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.