</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
WTB .22 LR Bolt Action
by Cuz-Pat. 04/23/24 09:19 PM
Iso Henry Golden boy
by AustinC. 04/23/24 08:32 PM
Basketball goal.... Free
by longshot. 04/23/24 06:18 PM
FS: Henry Single Shot
by Ron A.. 04/23/24 05:41 PM
Honda Foreman 4WD
by eeua90. 04/23/24 01:35 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/21/24 08:10 PM
Taxidermist called
by Mbrock. 04/21/24 04:58 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
46 registered members (Chancetribe, Whild_Bill, farmerjay, Booner Hunter, cullmanbamafan, DGAMBLER, Turkeyneck78, RareBreed, woodduck, TexasHuntress, Lonster, M48scout, BLP, top cat, Butchman205, turkey247, trlrdrdave, flounderpounder, BCLC, Forrestgump1, jake5050, auman, Mbrock, AU338MAG, Gobble4me757, BAR1225, Cactus_buck, twaldrop4, desertdog, Sixpointholler, Chaser357, SuperSpike, Dubie, bamabug, Mike0360, Tigger85, SEWoodsWhitetail, jaydub12, Hunting-231, DThrash, 6 invisible), 602 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 30 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 29 30
Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: bamaeyedoc] #2440761
03/21/18 10:14 AM
03/21/18 10:14 AM
Anytown. usa
pcamper Offline
10 point
pcamper  Offline
10 point
Anytown. usa
Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
What big $$$ is behind not wanting it to come to a vote?

Dr. B

Doc,

Was your son able to find out anything?

Lone Watie: I'm glad you stopped me when you did. I might have killed her
Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: bamaeyedoc] #2440764
03/21/18 10:17 AM
03/21/18 10:17 AM
Alabama
canvasback Offline
8 point
canvasback  Offline
8 point
Alabama
Very strange.....I don't get where people would be protecting "money interests" unless they want to keep the ability to fine for baiting.

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
What big $$$ is behind not wanting it to come to a vote?

Dr. B

Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: jawbone] #2440778
03/21/18 10:32 AM
03/21/18 10:32 AM

O
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
O

Wow..I dont bait deer but I know there is freaking corn everywhere in Alabama with the STUPID law as it is. Heck there was corn everywhere before the stupid supplemental feeding law even. Ive heard feeders since Ive hunted in Bama going off across property lines.

A TON of folks bait in Bama...and they always will.

My feeling is if people want to bait they will. Whether it is legalized, illegal or DISGUISED as "supplemental feeding".

Why are you so against it? If some folks want to do it..let them. I could care freaking less.

Personally I think it is a waste of time and money. How do I know? I hunt where baiting is LEGAL..in KY and we have NEVER killed a good deer there in freaking corn. We put out some corn last year in KY ... But all that use it during daylight hours after the opener of ARCHERY is Does. And even they only use it JUST before dark and are skittish as a cat on a hot tin roof around it.

IT IS NO MAGIC SILVER BULLET.

I hunt Texas,..they bait. I hunt Ohio..they bait. I hunt Wisconsin..they bait. I hunt Kansas..they bait. I hunt Florida..they bait...I hunt NH, they bait , Maine...bait......the list goes on and on. I have NEVER killed a deer over bait in any of those states either. WHY? because big bucks dont get big by being stupid. They know it is not natural and avoid it during daylight hours.

Either make it legal or ILLEGAl...meaning no dam corn out period. The law as it stands is a joke.

By the way...if you dont LIKE doing something..well then..DONT DO IT. Thats how I view things. I dont like baiting or even supplemental feeding during the season..so I DONT DO IT. It is my choice.

But trying to belittle those that do, call them names and rally against other folks that do like it, is a page right out of liberals handbook.

THE LIBERALS dont LIKE GUNS..so noone should be able to have them! Lets label THEM too! They are right wing radicals..clinging to their guns. Gun Nuts!

The LIBERALS dont like baiting bears in New England etc. Should that be illegal too? They sure spend alot of time and money trying to make it illegal.

YOU dont like bait..so noone should be able to use it! I know..lets LABEL them! They are Master baiters....cheating the system. Evil supplemental feeders. Scourge of the hunting community!

Same logic and approach to me. Id rather go by "to each his own".

It was the same with X bows...some folks are dead set against it...so NOONE should be able to use them. They WERE illegal in many states..still are in some. BUT GUESS WHAT? Some people NEED to use them.

Ive archery hunted since I was 13 with a Fred Bear long bow and a Fred bear recurve. Then went to a compound bow at around 22 yo.

Now , Im older. Ive torn my rotator cuff part way thru last archery season and CANNOT shoot my bows anymore. I HAVE to use a CROSSBOW now. Do I like having to..NO. But it sure is better then NOT hunting!

Well a lot of traditional archers DONT LIKE COMPOUND bows. Think your lame if you use one.
Using your logic..should they be illegal? Should Xbows be illegal if YOU dont like them as well?

Some people are against FOOD PLOTS! Well..I guess they need to rally and make them ILLEGAL too...nothing but dam bait anyway they say.

I have an idea...let people hunt the way THEY want to..not the way YOU want to. Thats how I view everything. Im not the authority or regulator of others actions. I COULD CARE LESS.

People need to just do their thing and let others do theirs IMO.

One thing for sure..the 100 yards , out of line of site law is a freaking joke. Too ambiguous and up to each wardens "discretion or interpretation".

Id rather they pass it, make it legal and the dam wardens can do some real work..catching dam poachers...not ranging peoples "piles" to see if it is over 100 yards.

We dont have enough wardens to police that BS law as it is. Make it legal, and free them up for Road hunters, spotlighters, nighthunters, trespassers, etc.

Hunters need to stick together,...not act like crying liberals over everything THEY dont agree with and try to rally to make it ILLEGAL. We are truly our own worse enemies with all the bickering over gear, bait, food plots, X bows, non traditional archery gear, corn piles, etc.

Again thats my opinion...but the liberal approach of EVERYONE has to do things the way I LIKE TO is ridiculous. Again, to each his own. We have enough dam rules and regulations already.

It is funny to me that so many "self professed Less government Conservatives" are on here crying for more govt intrusion..instead of LESS. SMDH.

Rant over.

Last edited by outdoorobsession; 03/21/18 10:39 AM.
Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: ] #2440792
03/21/18 10:47 AM
03/21/18 10:47 AM
NW Fl
F
Fl_Cracker Offline
3 point
Fl_Cracker  Offline
3 point
F
NW Fl
Originally Posted by outdoorobsession
Wow..I dont bait deer but I know there is freaking corn everywhere in Alabama with the STUPID law as it is. Heck there was corn everywhere before the stupid supplemental feeding law even. Ive heard feeders since Ive hunted in Bama going off across property lines.

My feeling is if people want to bait they will. Whether it is legalized, illegal or DISGUISED as "supplemental feeding".

Why are you so against it? If some folks want to do it..let them. I could care freaking less.

Personally I think it is a waste of time and money. How do I know? I hunt where baiting is LEGAL..in KY and we have NEVER killed a good deer there in freaking corn. We put out some corn last year in KY ... But all that use it during daylight hours after the opener of ARCHERY is Does. And even they only use it JUST before dark and are skittish as a cat on a hot tin roof around it.

I hunt Texas,..they bait. I hunt Ohio..they bait. I hunt Wisconsin..they bait. I hunt Kansas..they bait. I hunt Florida..they bait...I hunt NH, they bait , Maine...bait......the list goes on and on. I have NEVER killed a deer over bait in any of those states either. WHY? because big bucks dont get big by being stupid. They know it is not natural and avoid it during daylight hours.

Either make it legal or ILLEGAl...meaning no dam corn out period. The law as it stands is a joke.

By the way...if you dont LIKE doing something..well then..DONT DO IT. Thats how I view things. I dont like baiting or even supplemental feeding during the season..so I DONT DO IT. It is my choice.

But trying to belittle those that do, call them names and rally against other folks that do like it, is a page right out of liberals handbook.

THE LIBERALS dont LIKE GUNS..so noone should be able to have them! Lets label THEM too! They are right wing radicals..clinging to their guns. Gun Nuts!

The LIBERALS dont like baiting bears in New England etc. Should that be illegal too? They sure spend alot of time and money trying to make it illegal.

YOU dont like bait..so noone should be able to use it! I know..lets LABEL them! They are Master baiters....cheating the system. Evil supplemental feeders. Scourge of the hunting community!

It was the same with X bows...some folks are dead set against it...so NOONE should be able to use them. They WERE illegal in many states..still are in some. BUT GUESS WHAT? Some people NEED to use them.

Ive archery hunted since I was 13 with a Fred Bear long bow and a Fred bear recurve. Then went to a compound bow at around 22 yo.

Now , Im older. Ive torn my rotator cuff part way thru last archery season and CANNOT shoot my bows anymore. I HAVE to use a CROSSBOW now. Do I like having to..NO. But it sure is better then NOT hunting!

Well a lot of traditional archers DONT LIKE COMPOUND bows. Think your lame if you use one.
Using your logic..should they be illegal? Should Xbows be illegal if YOU dont like them as well?

Some people are against FOOD PLOTS! Well..I guess they need to rally and make them ILLEGAL too...nothing but dam bait anyway they say.

I have an idea...let people hunt the way THEY want to..not the way YOU want to. Thats how I view everything. Im not the authority or regulator of others actions. I COULD CARE LESS.

One thing for sure..the 100 yards , out of line of site law is a freaking joke. Too ambiguous and up to each wardens "discretion or interpretation".

Id rather they pass it, make it legal and the dam wardens can do some real work..catching dam poachers...not ranging peoples "piles" to see if it is over 100 yards.

We dont have enough wardens to police that BS law as it is. Make it legal, and free them up for Road hunters, spotlighters, nighthunters, trespassers, etc.

Hunters need to stick together,...not act like crying liberals over everything THEY dont agree with and try to rally to make it ILLEGAL. We are truly our own worse enemies with all the bickering over gear, bait, food plots, X bows, non traditional archery gear, corn piles, etc.

Again thats my opinion...but the liberal approach of EVERYONE has to do things the way I LIKE TO is ridiculous. Again, to each his own. We have enough dam rules and regulations already.

It is funny to me that so many "self professed Less government Conservatives" are on here crying for more govt intrusion..instead of LESS. SMDH.

Rant over.

what he said ^^^

Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: Fl_Cracker] #2440832
03/21/18 11:41 AM
03/21/18 11:41 AM
Dale County, AL
G
Groundhawg Offline
10 point
Groundhawg  Offline
10 point
G
Dale County, AL
Originally Posted by Fl_Cracker
Originally Posted by outdoorobsession

Rant over.

what he said ^^^

But, but, but he made vailid points and common sense. Who here wants to listen to that?

Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: teamduckdown] #2440854
03/21/18 12:34 PM
03/21/18 12:34 PM
NW AL
H
hhsdc78 Offline
spike
hhsdc78  Offline
spike
H
NW AL
If it comes to a vote it WILL pass and those 4 Senators know that. Filibustering is the only way they can stop it.

Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: hhsdc78] #2440866
03/21/18 12:51 PM
03/21/18 12:51 PM
Hoover
burbank Offline
Booner
burbank  Offline
Booner
Hoover
Originally Posted by hhsdc78
If it comes to a vote it WILL pass and those 4 Senators know that. Filibustering is the only way they can stop it.

Thanks for the insight. How long can they filibuster a bill?

Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: hhsdc78] #2440869
03/21/18 12:54 PM
03/21/18 12:54 PM
Northport, Alabama
Z
ZS81 Offline
3 point
ZS81  Offline
3 point
Z
Northport, Alabama
Originally Posted by hhsdc78

Call their bluff and let them filibuster. They may blab for 15 minutes and run out of anything to say. Sounds like this is about the equivalent of a toddler having a temper tantrum.

Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: jacannon] #2440894
03/21/18 01:16 PM
03/21/18 01:16 PM
Montgomery
WmHunter Offline
14 point
WmHunter  Offline
14 point
Montgomery
[quote=] The only change I see is not having to look over your shoulder .... [/quote]

^^ That is the bottom line reality: the illegal corn baiters want to have their illegal hunting activities legalized
so that they "don't have to look over their shoulder."

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

" Chuck Sykes is a dictator control freak like Vladimir Putin " WmHunter

Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: teamduckdown] #2440915
03/21/18 01:35 PM
03/21/18 01:35 PM
Pine Hill, Al
T
Todd1700 Offline
12 point
Todd1700  Offline
12 point
T
Pine Hill, Al
Naaaa, some of us just dislike vague and inconsistent laws. Especially when no one can state a valid reason why it should have ever been illegal in the first place.

On the other hand some people are mindless unquestioning sheep who never question the "why" of anything. If the government says something is bad or has to be illegal they just accept it without question. People like you will be the first in line to turn in your guns if they ever get banned. Thank goodness our forefathers were not like you or we would still be a British colony.

Last edited by Todd1700; 03/21/18 01:37 PM.

The best index to a person’s character is (a) how he treats people who can’t do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can’t fight back.
- Abigail van Buren
Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: teamduckdown] #2440945
03/21/18 02:08 PM
03/21/18 02:08 PM
Elmore county
GKelly Offline
10 point
GKelly  Offline
10 point
Elmore county
Ive never heard one good arguement why corn should be illegal its always just somebody that thinks their neighbor is gonna draw their deer away with a corn pile i personaly think once they legalize it it aint gonna be no different than hunting a green field because corns gonna be everywhere not just in a few hidden spots down in the bottom. Its gonna be harder to draw them to the corn when they got 10 other piles laying around. So with that said i hope they keep it illegal so itll keep working grin

Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: teamduckdown] #2440957
03/21/18 02:13 PM
03/21/18 02:13 PM
Pine Hill, Al
T
Todd1700 Offline
12 point
Todd1700  Offline
12 point
T
Pine Hill, Al
So with that said i hope they keep it illegal so itll keep working grin

Hey, all kidding aside, I have no doubt that is actually true of some that are opposed to it being legal. It's a selfish reason but at least it makes more sense than any other reason they have offered.

The best index to a person’s character is (a) how he treats people who can’t do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can’t fight back.
- Abigail van Buren
Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: teamduckdown] #2440968
03/21/18 02:22 PM
03/21/18 02:22 PM
Florida
J
jacannon Offline
10 point
jacannon  Offline
10 point
J
Florida
Some folks are just too self righteous.

Grandma said...Always keep a gun close at hand, you just never know when you might run across some varmint that needs killing...
Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: teamduckdown] #2440984
03/21/18 02:39 PM
03/21/18 02:39 PM
Pine Hill, Al
T
Todd1700 Offline
12 point
Todd1700  Offline
12 point
T
Pine Hill, Al
Finally a diagram explaining why some still think baiting should remain illegal.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Todd1700; 03/23/18 04:20 AM.

- Abigail van Buren
Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: teamduckdown] #2440988
03/21/18 02:44 PM
03/21/18 02:44 PM
Pine Hill, Al
T
Todd1700 Offline
12 point
Todd1700  Offline
12 point
T
Pine Hill, Al
[Linked Image]

Relax, the government doesn't need to explain to you why something is illegal. Just accept that they know what's best for you and go back to grazing on the grass.

- Abigail van Buren
Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: teamduckdown] #2440990
03/21/18 02:50 PM
03/21/18 02:50 PM
J
jallencrockett Offline
8 point
jallencrockett  Offline
8 point
J
Just substitute CORN for Crossbows and the link sums up this debate..
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10215837001978342&id=1243943516&fs=4#

Last edited by jallencrockett; 03/21/18 02:56 PM.
Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: teamduckdown] #2441494
03/22/18 07:43 AM
03/22/18 07:43 AM
Montana Bound
K
Karl9 Offline
4 point
Karl9  Offline
4 point
K
Montana Bound
I haven't read this whole thread so if this has been covered I apologize.

Why would they expect to get paid over lost revenue from the fines of hunting over bait? It's not the only game crime in town and the time wasted on chasing baiters can be used to go after night hunters
and other game violations. They are not losing revenue. I would bet that the money spent flying around the state looking for baiters is more then the 143k they get from the fines.

Off to Big Sky Country
Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: teamduckdown] #2441718
03/22/18 11:36 AM
03/22/18 11:36 AM
Hayden, Alabama
H
HHSyelper Offline
10 point
HHSyelper  Offline
10 point
H
Hayden, Alabama
so is the leg. back in session today?

To God Be The Glory!
Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: teamduckdown] #2441739
03/22/18 12:00 PM
03/22/18 12:00 PM
PDL, Fl
T
timbercruiser Offline
Freak of Nature
timbercruiser  Offline
Freak of Nature
T
PDL, Fl
They convened at 10:00 this morning.

Re: Rumor coming thru.. (Baiting Bill) [Re: Karl9] #2441767
03/22/18 12:34 PM
03/22/18 12:34 PM
Oak Grove
BREEZE1 Offline
10 point
BREEZE1  Offline
10 point
Oak Grove
Originally Posted by Karl9
I haven't read this whole thread so if this has been covered I apologize.

Why would they expect to get paid over lost revenue from the fines of hunting over bait? It's not the only game crime in town and the time wasted on chasing baiters can be used to go after night hunters
and other game violations. They are not losing revenue. I would bet that the money spent flying around the state looking for baiters is more then the 143k they get from the fines.

Why in the world wouldn't they legalize night hunting to. Maybe not riding around in a truck but normal style hunting most us work days. I think it would still be tougher to hunt at night than during the day and should make deer not so nocturnal. Really thinking about it more who are they to tell us we cant ride in a truck and shoot them at night? I mean its a free country. I really don't know how people own land and can keep people from hunting it. I also think we should be able to hunt anywhere we want to as long as its in the US.

Page 23 of 30 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 29 30

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.