</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
ISO Boat, fishing and pontoon
by klay. 04/19/24 05:31 PM
2008 kawasaki 750 brute force $3000
by CrappieMan. 04/19/24 05:02 PM
Hunting Club Lawn Mower 42" Tractor Style
by trailertrash. 04/19/24 04:40 PM
Sig Suaer M400 Tread 5.56
by AL18. 04/19/24 02:44 PM
truck
by jhix3734. 04/19/24 10:50 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Taxidermist called
by Frankie. 04/20/24 12:30 AM
Tdogs mount
by James. 04/20/24 12:17 AM
Neat IL buck Story
by Paint Rock 00. 04/19/24 05:54 AM
Windy.com
by quailman. 04/18/24 09:46 PM
First cwd transmission to human?
by donia. 04/18/24 06:53 AM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
G&E Hunting Club Questions
by booner. 04/11/24 01:11 PM
Who's Online Now
15 registered members (RareBreed, mcninja, Luvbowhuntn, Swamp Dog, NWFJ, Captain Howdy, BOFF, scrubbuck, akbejeepin, Holcomb, lckrn, Grokamole, David Ellis, desertdog, 1 invisible), 814 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Church rant [Re: Jakethesnake] #2413291
02/20/18 08:06 AM
02/20/18 08:06 AM
B
BPI Offline
14 point
BPI  Offline
14 point
B
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
Jesus's mission was to FIGHT corrupt government and corrupt churches. He even flipped over tables and such. He fought the bad government that killed him. Now we are suppose to turn the other cheek???? Jesus didnt turn the other cheek, he fought back to the point they killed him. But now the new testament says DO NOT fight back? It just dont add up to what Jesus did in his OWN actions. Food for thought.

His mission was to seek and to save that which was lost. Also, baptism doesn't save ( depending on who you talk to of course ). It's an act of obedience. Concerning the Old Testament saints, they were cleansed through faith, just as the New Testament saints were. The Old Testament saints had faith in what was to come ( Christ ) even though the crucifixion and resurrection hadn't happened yet it's coming was evident in the O.T. scriptures... The New Testament saints have faith in what has already happened. The book of Hebrews helps understand this.

Re: Church rant [Re: bill] #2413293
02/20/18 08:12 AM
02/20/18 08:12 AM
B
BPI Offline
14 point
BPI  Offline
14 point
B
Originally Posted by bill
Originally Posted by BPI
Man it's sad to see the way people view the body of Christ in this thread. It's almost as if it has no value to some. Just a thought... Can anyone tell me where in the bible it said that following Christ would be easy ? I guarantee you that most people who complain about being done wrong in church and left, wouldn't think twice if that happened at the workplace. They sure wouldn't stop coming to work, I will promise you that . Are there legitimate reasons for people being hurt by other in church ? Most certainly. But I am not quitting. It just can't be an option. Can you imagine what the world would look like without the church. Just think about it.

Also, this is just an opinion and I hope it doesn't tick anyone off. But if you can't find a good church within driving distance of your house in Alabama. YOU are most likely the problem. And starting a home church would change nothing.

I agree with most everything you said except the last part. The church isn't a building. It's believers. Believers can gather anywhere and hold worship and bible study and it's just as biblically sound as any gathering inside a local church building. That small group of believers can evangelize and do local missions work just like those who come from a traditional church building. To say it wouldn't change anything is short sighted in my opinion. A small group of believers with a heart for Christ and a passion to serve could have a bigger impact than a 1000 member church full of socialites there for the wrong reason. I do believe people give up on church too often instead of trying to help cure some of the issues that are causing problems. I also think some churches are beyond repair without a complete overhaul. One thing is for sure. Thousands of churches are closing their doors yearly. Is that because churches aren't "old school" enough these days or is it because those inside those walls are content with the status quo and aren't interested in reaching those on the outside for Christ? I don't care where a person chooses to worship if it's Christ centered and their group is focused on taking the Gospel to others. If they do that, eventually, their meeting place will have to be able to accommodate more than most houses allow.

You didn't hear me brother. I never said anything about a building. I have seen the most powerful church services you can imagine in the prisons of Africa or in a grass hut in the Amazon jungle. I've planted home churches so I absolutely have no issue with that at all. But what I'm saying is this. I would never plant a home church with a leader who had ought with the body of Christ. EVER. I hope that makes more sense.

Re: Church rant [Re: ford150man] #2413295
02/20/18 08:16 AM
02/20/18 08:16 AM
B
BPI Offline
14 point
BPI  Offline
14 point
B
Originally Posted by ford150man
Originally Posted by BPI

Also, this is just an opinion and I hope it doesn't tick anyone off. But if you can't find a good church within driving distance of your house in Alabama. YOU are most likely the problem.

Don't mean to tick you off either, as this isn't directed at you since I don't know you, but that's another one of a "good" church goers favorite crutch too.

You haven't in the least man. Don't worry about it. I hate what has happened to you. It's wrong and happens to people all the time. I don't pretend to know what you've gone through but I can sympathize. You wouldn't believe what I've seen by some church members. Notice I said church members and not Christians. I would encourage you in the fact that Jesus loves you and want's you to have joy and a place to worship. Don't give up. Jesus didn't give up on us and I know that I have done Him wrong more times than I can probably count. If you would like to go to church with me to see that they aren't all the way some are, then p.m. me ... I would love to meet you.

Re: Church rant [Re: Jakethesnake] #2413302
02/20/18 08:25 AM
02/20/18 08:25 AM
The Boonies a.k.a. Pickens cou...
300gr Offline
8 point
300gr  Offline
8 point
Originally Posted by ZS81
I consider myself a man of God and always have. I just cant believe if we arent saved then we are damned. I dont believe im goin to hell if im not baptised. It just dont make sense to me. As well as giving 10 or 20 percent of my income to a church. Lets meet outside and have church. Look at all that big money spent on church buildings and huge properties. It dont feel rite to me. Folks going hungry and poor and those huge churches everywhere. And then they pass the offering plate around. I see very few churches that arent about social status, games and baby sitting. I thought we gathered to learn God instead of 10 minutes of preaching and the rest playing

Maybe I have misunderstood, but your second sentence here is troubling. The Bible is very clear that there is only one way to Heaven.

Sooo...every single human that lived BEFORE Jesus came.....burned in Hell????? I believe in Jesus and believe his story was true. I have not been Baptised. I dont think God would send me to Hell because im not Baptised. If he loves me and im a decent human, fear him and respect him then why would he send me to Hell over this? I also believe that a lot of the new testament is man and government persuaded. No more eye for an eye talk. Sounds like they want to control us by brain washing us and to just roll over and take it. Its a lot easier to keep control of people with that kind of teaching. The government would benifit from that. Its like the government got rid of the old testament. They wrote the new testament. Over and over years ago. Picked pieces and discarded pieces. To keep control of the population. Back when the new bible was written, they were trying to control land and gain new land. So im not sure how much of it to believe when i cant read every piece of the literature that was written. Im a believer but in my mind a lot of it is to surrender and dont fight back. That scares me when i know that man fiddled with all the info and picked certain scriptures. But there are plenty of good churches. You just gotta find the rite one i guess. I have found good ones.

You're attempting to try to get to heaven your way. Hate to break it to you but if it's not per God's instructions it won't work

Two roads diverged in the woods and I took the one with deep ruts,hills and mud.It may be bumpy but WHAT A RIDE!
Re: Church rant [Re: Jakethesnake] #2413313
02/20/18 08:46 AM
02/20/18 08:46 AM
Anytown. usa
pcamper Offline
10 point
pcamper  Offline
10 point
Anytown. usa
Originally Posted by ZS81
I consider myself a man of God and always have. I just cant believe if we arent saved then we are damned. I dont believe im goin to hell if im not baptised. It just dont make sense to me. As well as giving 10 or 20 percent of my income to a church. Lets meet outside and have church. Look at all that big money spent on church buildings and huge properties. It dont feel rite to me. Folks going hungry and poor and those huge churches everywhere. And then they pass the offering plate around. I see very few churches that arent about social status, games and baby sitting. I thought we gathered to learn God instead of 10 minutes of preaching and the rest playing

Maybe I have misunderstood, but your second sentence here is troubling. The Bible is very clear that there is only one way to Heaven.

Sooo...every single human that lived BEFORE Jesus came.....burned in Hell????? I believe in Jesus and believe his story was true. I have not been Baptised. I dont think God would send me to Hell because im not Baptised. If he loves me and im a decent human, fear him and respect him then why would he send me to Hell over this? I also believe that a lot of the New Testament is man and government persuaded. No more eye for an eye talk. Sounds like they want to control us by brain washing us and to just roll over and take it. Its a lot easier to keep control of people with that kind of teaching. The government would benifit from that. Its like the government got rid of the old testament. They wrote the new testament. Over and over years ago. Picked pieces and discarded pieces. To keep control of the population. Back when the new bible was written, they were trying to control land and gain new land. So im not sure how much of it to believe when i cant read every piece of the literature that was written. Im a believer but in my mind a lot of it is to surrender and dont fight back. That scares me when i know that man fiddled with all the info and picked certain scriptures. But there are plenty of good churches. You just gotta find the rite one i guess. I have found good ones.

Anytime a human attempts to “out think” or “out reason” God is really sad... Your thought process is nothing more than you simply trying to justify being lost. It is your right to make your own decision but I think what the majority of post are trying to say is that thought process is dangerous my friend. But as I said, Its your decision and only yours.

Lone Watie: I'm glad you stopped me when you did. I might have killed her
Re: Church rant [Re: Jakethesnake] #2413325
02/20/18 09:23 AM
02/20/18 09:23 AM
Tuscaloosa
Booger Offline
Picker
Booger  Offline
Picker
Tuscaloosa
Originally Posted by Booger
I believe before Jesus died and was resurrected people had to live by the laws set forth in the Old Testament. There were lots of them and it felt more like a "religion" I'm sure. When Christ came to this earth and died for our sins then the law was done away with and we were allowed to have not just a religion but a relationship with the Father, if we accepted Christ as our savior.

When Jesus was alive there was no christianity. It hadnt been formed yet because he...Christ was still alive. Jesus was a Jew. He read the Quran and prayed to the Jewish church. Thats a fact

That's right. Kind of. He didn't pray to the Jewish church, but he did pray to His Father. Christ(speaking of Peter) said that, "Upon this rock I will build my church." A lot of scholars believe that Peter's belief in Christ and his ultimate salvation through Christ's death and resurrection to be the foundation of the "church". The "church" consists of ALL believers in Christ. The church on the street corners around us are due to the evolution of meetings among Christians.

GO NOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Church rant [Re: ford150man] #2413332
02/20/18 09:34 AM
02/20/18 09:34 AM
M
mman Offline
8 point
mman  Offline
8 point
M
I am convinced that most people don't want the truth, they only want what they want. It was that way before Jesus, while Jesus was here, and after he ascended. Jesus, the perfect example and teacher, couldn't convince everyone so some people are not reachable. We have God's word and it is powerful, but when people ignore, discount or reject it, what chance do I have.

If it was good enough for _________ (Mama, Daddy, whoever???), then it's good enough for me, is the thinking of many folks. So many people take easy to understand passages that they don't agree with and try and explain them away because it conflicts with their prior teaching. Some people hold on to one passage at the exclusion of all others. Truth consists of all that God had to say on a subject and it is all in harmony with all other passages. Religious groups teach different doctrines. One or both are wrong. Division is condemned. The only way to unity is to use the bible as the only source of authority, to worship like they did in the first century by using approved examples, commands and instructions and necessary inferences.

Jesus said the narrow way was difficult and few there would be that find it. The broad way is easy and many are going in, including religious folks. Jesus tells us there will be sincere people who believe and work for him that are lost and will be arguing with him on the day of judgment (Matt 7:21ff). Just who are these sincere lost people???

We are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together (Heb 10:25). The Lord adds people to the church (Acts 2:47). We are saved by grace through faith (Eph 2:8-9). We are children of God through faith because we have been baptized (Gal 3:26-27). Jesus said that a person must believe and be baptized to be saved (Mark 16:16). They came together on the first day of the week (Sunday) to break bread (Partake of the Lord's supper) (Acts 20:7). Collections of money are done on the first day of the week (I Cor 16:1-2).

God's ways are not our ways nor His thoughts, our thoughts...

Re: Church rant [Re: jono23] #2413390
02/20/18 10:56 AM
02/20/18 10:56 AM
Grant, Alabama, USA
TR Offline
10 point
TR  Offline
10 point
Grant, Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by jono23

but every Christian needs community and fellowship, learning and worshipping and studying together. Don't think it matters how it looks.

I agree with this statement. Spot on!

"Make a difference, take a kid hunting".
Re: Church rant [Re: ford150man] #2413413
02/20/18 11:32 AM
02/20/18 11:32 AM
B'ham
Goatkiller Offline
14 point
Goatkiller  Offline
14 point
B'ham
I'm convinced that possibly a majority of Christians don't truly understand what they believe in. It is the outcome of indoctrination and socialization. There is no objectivity in what most believe and they seem to believe it just because that's what they believe. But they really don't know why and they immediately are offended and close their mind/thoughts completely to anything that could call any aspect of what they believe into question. Some can blindly believe in their heart and never question. I wish I was one of those people. I would make life so much more simple when it comes to faith. Unfortunately however, I am not one of those people..

I believe Christianity is on the decline because the Western countries are mostly developed at this point. However the religion has not evolved such as it has in the past. I think that's a product of science and understanding having come at us so fast that the religion has not had the chance to catch up. Maybe to take that a step further it hasn't even really tried. There is a culture to remain steadfast in the face of insurmountable odds. To me that is what will lead to Christianity's demise as a dominate religion in the world.

Christianity evolved when the Roman's adopted it. It was written by people who believed the world was flat, that there were dragons, that if you were sick you could cut their arm and they could bleed out the illness,.... I could go on. That is undeniable. They had no idea there were dinosaurs, no concept of old the earth really was, no concept of evolution... this was not a modern civilization or privy to modern science. There was no running water, no electricity. I think we loose sight of that. We are beating on the scripture every Sunday but we don't dare call anything into question. We are afraid we'd be labeled as some sort of Heretic. We'd be shunned by our fellow church members and thus we don't discuss it. It is viewed as that thing.... Shhhh! Don't say that. Nobody talks about that.

Within the Church itself there was also varying opinion and interpretation and that still exists today. Prior to 396AD Saint Augustine, who was one of the main scholars of the early church believed in Predestination among other things that we no long believe today. He was a Catholic scholar and one of many. There were also Protestant Scholars and Secular Scholars. That's why we have different sects within Christianity. "Baptists" as a group were not even around until the 17th century and rooted in the English Separatists movement. Until the 1600's Baptists didn't even exist. But we believe today that every word was written by the hand of God and that this is the absolute truth word for word and that there is only one interpretation. That interpretation is whatever we individually believe and it varies significantly. Well... this type of viewpoint.... it wasn't always been that way. From one Christian to another we don't even believe exactly the same points. If you don't understand that you might want to look into that a little bit. Because in my opinion you don't fully understand what you believe in.

That being said I attend Church believe in God and in Jesus Christ, have been Baptized in the name of the Lord and I honestly think I could teach a College level course on either the Old or New Testament. I'm not calling anyone's faith into question. I'm simply concerned that there seems to be ZERO deeper understanding of our faith.

Last edited by Goatkiller; 02/20/18 11:35 AM.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.
Re: Church rant [Re: mman] #2413421
02/20/18 11:42 AM
02/20/18 11:42 AM
300gr Offline
8 point
300gr  Offline
8 point
Originally Posted by mman
I am convinced that most people don't want the truth, they only want what they want. It was that way before Jesus, while Jesus was here, and after he ascended. Jesus, the perfect example and teacher, couldn't convince everyone so some people are not reachable. We have God's word and it is powerful, but when people ignore, discount or reject it, what chance do I have.

If it was good enough for _________ (Mama, Daddy, whoever???), then it's good enough for me, is the thinking of many folks. So many people take easy to understand passages that they don't agree with and try and explain them away because it conflicts with their prior teaching. Some people hold on to one passage at the exclusion of all others. Truth consists of all that God had to say on a subject and it is all in harmony with all other passages. Religious groups teach different doctrines. One or both are wrong. Division is condemned. The only way to unity is to use the bible as the only source of authority, to worship like they did in the first century by using approved examples, commands and instructions and necessary inferences.

Jesus said the narrow way was difficult and few there would be that find it. The broad way is easy and many are going in, including religious folks. Jesus tells us there will be sincere people who believe and work for him that are lost and will be arguing with him on the day of judgment (Matt 7:21ff). Just who are these sincere lost people???

We are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together (Heb 10:25). The Lord adds people to the church (Acts 2:47). We are saved by grace through faith (Eph 2:8-9). We are children of God through faith because we have been baptized (Gal 3:26-27). Jesus said that a person must believe and be baptized to be saved (Mark 16:16). They came together on the first day of the week (Sunday) to break bread (Partake of the Lord's supper) (Acts 20:7). Collections of money are done on the first day of the week (I Cor 16:1-2).

God's ways are not our ways nor His thoughts, our thoughts...

This!!!! Amen and amen

Two roads diverged in the woods and I took the one with deep ruts,hills and mud.It may be bumpy but WHAT A RIDE!
Re: Church rant [Re: MarksOutdoors] #2413426
02/20/18 11:47 AM
02/20/18 11:47 AM
West Florida
westflgator Offline
10 point
westflgator  Offline
10 point
West Florida
Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors

Two of the problems with most churches is that they are not restrictive about church membership (only true Christians should be admitted as members) and are restrictive about applying church discipline.

Hit the nail on the head...A lot of churches only follow the Bible when it is easy or convenient.

Re: Church rant [Re: Fattyfireplug] #2413428
02/20/18 11:48 AM
02/20/18 11:48 AM
Panhandle Florida
PaschalBD Offline
Used to be TiderBD
PaschalBD  Offline
Used to be TiderBD
Panhandle Florida
Our ministry (church) gathers at the local park, under a pavilion every Sunday for worship. We are a church without walls.

A servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ.

USAF Veteran
Re: Church rant [Re: ford150man] #2413458
02/20/18 12:35 PM
02/20/18 12:35 PM
Lincoln, Alabama
B
blumsden Offline
12 point
blumsden  Offline
12 point
B
Lincoln, Alabama
Biggest problem, I have with religion and church's is that they all think their better than the other religions and church's.

Re: Church rant [Re: ford150man] #2413468
02/20/18 12:55 PM
02/20/18 12:55 PM
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
leroycnbucks Offline
Freak of Nature
leroycnbucks  Offline
Freak of Nature
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
Church is a business also. Some bigger than others. Just look at the house the pastor lives in and sends his kids to private school while the majority of tithers in the church struggle to make ends meet. I know this from being a former president of the men's club plus being a board member. But you don't keep those positions long when you call folks out for playing church politics.

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!
Re: Church rant [Re: leroycnbucks] #2413476
02/20/18 01:05 PM
02/20/18 01:05 PM
Gadsden
D
desertdog Online content
8 point
desertdog  Online Content
8 point
D
Gadsden
[quote=leroycnbucks]Church is a business also. Some bigger than others. Just look at the house the pastor lives in and sends his kids to private school while the majority of tithers in the church struggle to make ends meet. I know this from being a former president of the men's club plus being a board member. But you don't keep those positions long when you call folks out for playing church politics.

One thing I have always wondered is what some of these pastors at some of the mega churches make just in Ala. Has anyone ever heard and I wonder if you picked up the phone and called a few church offices and ask if they would tell you.

Re: Church rant [Re: blumsden] #2413487
02/20/18 01:15 PM
02/20/18 01:15 PM
B
BPI Offline
14 point
BPI  Offline
14 point
B
Originally Posted by blumsden
Biggest problem, I have with religion and church's is that they all think their better than the other religions and church's.

Okay ? How ?

Re: Church rant [Re: ford150man] #2413500
02/20/18 01:42 PM
02/20/18 01:42 PM
Lincoln, Alabama
B
blumsden Offline
12 point
blumsden  Offline
12 point
B
Lincoln, Alabama
By talking to them.They gossip and judge more than anybody I know.

Re: Church rant [Re: blumsden] #2413510
02/20/18 01:48 PM
02/20/18 01:48 PM
Northport, AL
GomerPyle Offline
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
GomerPyle  Offline
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
Northport, AL

[Linked Image]

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft
Re: Church rant [Re: leroycnbucks] #2413516
02/20/18 01:55 PM
02/20/18 01:55 PM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline
Booner
M
Chilton County
Originally Posted by leroycnbucks
Church is a business also. Some bigger than others. Just look at the house the pastor lives in and sends his kids to private school while the majority of tithers in the church struggle to make ends meet. I know this from being a former president of the men's club plus being a board member. But you don't keep those positions long when you call folks out for playing church politics.

I know there may be SOME like this, but the vast majority of pastors that I've ever known were bi-vocational. Everyone of them had wives that worked. None of the ones I've known have kids in private schools.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Church rant [Re: blumsden] #2413567
02/20/18 03:22 PM
02/20/18 03:22 PM
B
BPI Offline
14 point
BPI  Offline
14 point
B
By talking to them.They gossip and judge more than anybody I know.

Your talking to the wrong ones. PM me and let's chat. Maybe I can be the exception.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.