</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Turkey loads/decoy
by Rem870s2. 03/28/24 04:41 PM
Wtb Browning 300 Mag
by desertdog. 03/28/24 03:36 PM
WTB Chevy 1500
by Okalona. 03/28/24 07:44 AM
Iso ruger american ranch
by AustinC. 03/27/24 08:20 PM
Ruger M77 6mm heavy barrel with Nikon Monarch
by bradbathome. 03/27/24 04:42 PM
Serious Deer Talk
The Hollywood Buck.
by Frankie. 03/28/24 04:46 PM
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by SEWoodsWhitetail. 03/28/24 10:45 AM
High Fencing
by RareBreed. 03/26/24 10:45 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by TensawRiver. 03/26/24 01:26 PM
What makes you happy?
by Fishduck. 03/26/24 10:25 AM
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
West Jefferson County hunting club
by Jmfire722. 03/18/24 08:36 AM
Western Ky farm
by todd w. 03/15/24 01:23 PM
Information on bibb county hunting club
by quickshot. 03/10/24 01:46 PM
Hunting Club
by Hibby. 03/08/24 04:34 PM
Mississippi club
by Gobl4me. 03/07/24 09:55 PM
Who's Online Now
122 registered members (CNC, doghouse, Coosa buck, cartervj, HHSyelper, BrentsFX4, Rem870s2, !shiloh!, Squeaky, 3006bullet, courseup, Jmoore77, Andalusia, bward85, BigEd, bamaguzzi, Butchman205, Mbrock, BamaPlowboy, BentBarrel, MarksOutdoors, Rainbowstew, Possum Hunter, twaldrop4, mzzy, klay, Drycreek, Safetyman, jawbone, Remington270, bowkl, firemandc, ImThere, Rooster600, mjs14, Dubie, GATA87, centralala, Deesskuchen10, Reaper, Atoler, BCLC, sportrep, desertdog, Gobble4me757, CarbonClimber1, wareagle22, SC53, Swamp Monkey, 3Gs, Showout, Noler_Swamp, trlrdrdave, Strictlybow, Cousneddy, Fullthrottle, Jweeks, cmontgomery, oldbowhunter, Okalona, treemydog, brushwhacker, mashburn, laylandad, 300gr, MS_Hunter, AustinC, jaydub12, taggedout, Paint Rock 00, akbejeepin, canichols424, HappyHunter, JRF, stuball, Fishbones, HOWTON21, BradB, Scout308, CKyleC, ridgestalker, sanderson, Turkey, Snuffy, Bread, jwalker77, aucountry, curt99rsv, Chaser1, 700ltr308, low wall, Young20, Beer Belly, Forrestgump1, jake44, Whitetaillane, Crawfish, JohnG, cullbuck, Peach, timberman56, .308, Gunner211, Paxamus, Livintohunt19, donia, woodduck, Narrow Gap, sawdust, sj22, 12 invisible), 561 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: globe] #2234091
09/22/17 02:50 PM
09/22/17 02:50 PM
Central Alabama
W
WIDGEON Offline
10 point
WIDGEON  Offline
10 point
W
Central Alabama

Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: BhamFred] #2234094
09/22/17 02:52 PM
Smith Lake
300Ruger Offline
10 point
300Ruger  Offline
10 point
Smith Lake
Originally Posted By: BhamFred
hell no

No chit. Too many costly variables out there... maybe.

Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: Rocket62] #2234095
TN
Reaper Online happy
14 point
Reaper  Online Happy
14 point
TN
Originally Posted By: Rocket62
Under no circumstances will I ever willingly turn over a sample of my DNA for recording to anyone. Maybe I'm a cynic but that stuff will eventually fall into the hands of all sorts of folks that can do damage to me. Government, scammers, etc ... They all will eventually have it on record

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer but don't ya'll think that is something to be concerned about?

Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: NFHunter] #2234106
09/22/17 02:59 PM
09/22/17 02:59 PM
Alabama
R
Rmart30 Offline
10 point
Rmart30  Offline
10 point
R
Alabama

Originally Posted By: NFHunter
I did ancestory.com for my daughter. Found out I'm so white that I am the cause of all the world's problems and I should glow in the dark. Seriously, my wife did 23 & me, which gives, in my opinion, much more useful information.

Wonder if they share results with others also?
I guess you sign your write away to privacy with most of them in the fine print.

Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching - even when doing the wrong thing is legal. Aldo Leopold .. (except when it comes to trailer tags)
Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: 300Ruger] #2234117
09/22/17 03:03 PM
09/22/17 03:03 PM
N. Bama
257wbymag Offline
Boo Boo Head
257wbymag  Offline
Boo Boo Head
N. Bama

Originally Posted By: 300Ruger
hell no

I'm with yall

Quietly killing turkeys where youre not!!!
My tank full of give a fraks been runnin on empty
I'm the paterfamilias
Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: globe] #2234123
09/22/17 03:06 PM
09/22/17 03:06 PM
Land of the free because of th...
mike35549 Offline
12 point
mike35549  Offline
12 point
Land of the free because of th...
I haven't but have been wanting to.

If you have been in the military in the last 20 years they already have your DNA.

If you're gonna be stupid you better be tough.
Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: globe] #2234320
09/22/17 05:46 PM
09/22/17 05:46 PM
Pelham Al
T
Tigger85 Online IMG_0051.GIF
12 point
Tigger85  Online IMG_0051.GIF
12 point
T
Pelham Al
Shaw did his and it went back to Keeblers elves, Perch has his done but it was a straight line to Cheetah in the Tarzen movies. smile

Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: globe] #2234369
09/22/17 07:34 PM
09/22/17 07:34 PM
Guntersville
AC870 Offline
Old Mossy Horns
AC870  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Guntersville
If we was dogs we'd all be "Heinz 57" sounds like. I know there's some Scot and German on my dad's side. That's enough for me.

Last edited by AC870; 09/22/17 07:35 PM.

“Killing tomorrow’s trophies today.”

On the distance I like to walk to my stands:
“The first 100 yards is also the last 100 yards.”
Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: 257wbymag] #2234484
09/23/17 04:42 AM
09/23/17 04:42 AM
dothan
eskimo270 Offline
10 point
eskimo270  Offline
10 point
dothan

Originally Posted By: 257wbymag

Originally Posted By: 300Ruger
hell no

I'm with yall
I'm with you fellers

Super Predator
Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: globe] #2234507
09/23/17 05:09 AM
09/23/17 05:09 AM
AL
C
Cummins Offline
4 point
Cummins  Offline
4 point
C
AL
Our family back in the early 1900's migrated over from Dahlonega, GA to Birmingham, AL. Digging for gold didn't work out too well I was told, and moved to Birmingham, AL. They came for Mining and US Steel. Cherokee Indian in me and my kids. My Dad who is now deceased looked like an Italian....very dark skin and jet black hair. One of my great grandmothers who I knew was adopted. Seems like when women got pregnant out of wedlock...it was viewed really bad, I was told.

Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: coldtrail] #2234529
09/23/17 05:23 AM
09/23/17 05:23 AM
Arab/Stevenson AL
Recurve Offline
10 point
Recurve  Offline
10 point
Arab/Stevenson AL
Originally Posted By: coldtrail
I'm the one that found out that I had a 30 year old daughter due to Ancestry.com. Thing is I would never had put my DNA out there. But my first cousin on my fathers side and a distant cousin on my mothers side did. My daughter used ancestry as a last resort. Her biological mother put her up for adoption and never told me she was pregnant. I really wasn't even sure who her momma was at first.

It's worked out though.We stay in contact. She is a lot like my oldest daughter with wife. It's almost spooky the interest and gifts that are inherited.

That's insane but good it turned out ok. The lady that gave birth to me was able to find me because of relations. It's really random and a long story but I will keep it as short as possible. My parents did the whole adoption process and ended up getting a call about me being available for adoption in Augusta GA, where I was born and lived the first year of my life. The guy who got my birth mom pregnant was also from GA. Weird thing is, my dad and his dad's side are all from Augusta so he ended up going back to his hometown to pick up his new son. What are the chances? Anyway, I think through several people my birth mom was able to figure out what family I belonged to and contacted me on facebook. I didn't reply and even blocked her because that is just not something I want to bring in my life. The first blood relative I'm going to have a relationship with in my life will be my first child.

I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There�s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts. � Ronald Reagan
Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: Recurve] #2234540
09/23/17 05:27 AM
09/23/17 05:27 AM
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
jawbone Online content
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Online Content
Freak of Nature
Originally Posted By: Recurve
I'm the one that found out that I had a 30 year old daughter due to Ancestry.com. Thing is I would never had put my DNA out there. But my first cousin on my fathers side and a distant cousin on my mothers side did. My daughter used ancestry as a last resort. Her biological mother put her up for adoption and never told me she was pregnant. I really wasn't even sure who her momma was at first.

It's worked out though.We stay in contact. She is a lot like my oldest daughter with wife. It's almost spooky the interest and gifts that are inherited.

That's insane but good it turned out ok. The lady that gave birth to me was able to find me because of relations. It's really random and a long story but I will keep it as short as possible. My parents did the whole adoption process and ended up getting a call about me being available for adoption in Augusta GA, where I was born and lived the first year of my life. The guy who got my birth mom pregnant was also from GA. Weird thing is, my dad and his dad's side are all from Augusta so he ended up going back to his hometown to pick up his new son. What are the chances? Anyway, I think through several people my birth mom was able to figure out what family I belonged to and contacted me on facebook. I didn't reply and even blocked her because that is just not something I want to bring in my life. The first blood relative I'm going to have a relationship with in my life will be my first child.

I'm not adopted but can understand why you don't want contact. I think it is good however, that you know who birthed you just in case you need that info for some reason later in life.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: globe] #2234541
09/23/17 05:28 AM
09/23/17 05:28 AM
Old Florida
Geno Offline
Booner
Geno  Offline
Booner
Old Florida
I was in navy for a while. No way I'm putting mine out until the possible kids are old enough I don't have to pay the mommas.

Whoever is happy will make others happy too. Anne Frank
Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: mike35549] #2234548
09/23/17 05:32 AM
09/23/17 05:32 AM
chasing pirates
velvet tines Offline
Doe
velvet tines  Offline
Doe
chasing pirates
Originally Posted By: mike35549
I haven't but have been wanting to.

If you have been in the military in the last 20 years they already have your DNA.

actually, it's longer than 20 years that blood has been collected in the military.

anyways, my family was contacted by a group administrator of this big DNA testing project. our family was very well documented by several genealogists - books had been written, town named after us when they crossed over, some type of archaeological study on the wood of a house in north carolina that proved it was "our house" and not that of another family, blah, blah, blah.

folks started submitting their swabs and the results started rolling in and it was discovered that there were 6 distinct lines of our name. we knew who we were descended from but it was sure nice to "know" for sure.

before pops died, i sent in his swab and a check to cover the most advanced test they could do at that time. my grandmother, pop's mom, was illegitimate and my great-grandmother never told anyone who the father of her daughter was - just that it was an itinerant fiddle player she met at a church revival one day/evening/night/whatever shocked . this was back in 1891, well before my time and my aunt's and uncle's time. story goes is that my great-grandmother never told anyone his name (heck, maybe she didn't know) and thus, my grandmother never knew her father frown . i was hoping to find some relatives from that fiddle player but so far, it's been a no go. he did pass on his musical genes to several members of the family, pop's included, but it seems to have skipped me as i can't carry a tune in a bucket crazy.

my mom was athabascan eskimo so there's not a lot of written lineage to trace there. our part of that family is documented as best as possible with ANSCA and the Bureau of Indian Affairs.

Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: jawbone] #2234554
09/23/17 05:35 AM
09/23/17 05:35 AM
Arab/Stevenson AL
Recurve Offline
10 point
Recurve  Offline
10 point
Arab/Stevenson AL
Originally Posted By: jawbone

I'm not adopted but can understand why you don't want contact. I think it is good however, that you know who birthed you just in case you need that info for some reason later in life.

Agreed. I have wondered due to medical reasons. I don't really know what's in my family so I talked to my GP and he told me I'm not the first and there are plenty of test we can do every year to catch most anything so I don't worry too much about it.

As far as ancestry, I know very little other than what she sent me in repetitive facebook messages to get me to respond. My great great grandparents came over on the boat. One side from Catania (Sicily) and the other from Stazzo (Sicily). Their kids married people from Sicily and then their kids married married Sicilians. So, I know I'm at least full blown minus whatever my birth father was. I mean, I really like spaghetti. I should probably fill out a mafia application rofl

I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There�s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts. � Ronald Reagan
Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: Recurve] #2234561
09/23/17 05:44 AM
09/23/17 05:44 AM
jawbone Online content
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Online Content
Freak of Nature

Agreed. I have wondered due to medical reasons. I don't really know what's in my family so I talked to my GP and he told me I'm not the first and there are plenty of test we can do every year to catch most anything so I don't worry too much about it.

As far as ancestry, I know very little other than what she sent me in repetitive facebook messages to get me to respond. My great great grandparents came over on the boat. One side from Catania (Sicily) and the other from Stazzo (Sicily). Their kids married people from Sicily and then their kids married married Sicilians. So, I know I'm at least full blown minus whatever my birth father was. I mean, I really like spaghetti. I should probably fill out a mafia application rofl

Hah! That's exactly what I was thinking reading your story. At least you also know that if employment is needed, you are qualified for another line of work. I've been rewatching The Sopranos and thinking that I could be a good Mafia Don, except for the occasional whacking part. Sadly though, I don't meet the qualifications.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: globe] #2234954
09/23/17 12:35 PM
09/23/17 12:35 PM
Kennedy, al
G
globe Offline OP
Booner
globe  Offline OP
Booner
G
Kennedy, al
So does the 23 and me test tell you that you are "American Indian" or ?

Everything woke turns to shucks
Re: Any of you ever done a DNA/ancestry test? [Re: jawbone] #2235432
09/23/17 06:41 PM
09/23/17 06:41 PM
Arab/Stevenson AL
Recurve Offline
10 point
Recurve  Offline
10 point
Arab/Stevenson AL

Hah! That's exactly what I was thinking reading your story. At least you also know that if employment is needed, you are qualified for another line of work. I've been rewatching The Sopranos and thinking that I could be a good Mafia Don, except for the occasional whacking part. Sadly though, I don't meet the qualifications.

I've met a few people that needed whacking but yeah that's where I would fail in the interview. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Probably turning states witness! And you can't beat Sopranos with a stick. Awesome show. Hard to imagine there are really people living that life. Crazier to think of the power they once had.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.