</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Aimpoint Comp M5S with 2 mounts
by Turkeyneck78. 04/22/24 07:50 PM
Kubota Tractor M6060
by oakachoy. 04/22/24 04:59 PM
Harley for Sale
by JA. 04/22/24 03:43 PM
2007 Ford F150 King Ranch 4x4 $6500
by chrismims. 04/22/24 01:54 PM
WTB 7-08 Rifle
by kaferhaus. 04/22/24 10:02 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Future of Camo
by hallb. 04/23/24 09:06 AM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/21/24 08:10 PM
Taxidermist called
by Mbrock. 04/21/24 04:58 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by Paint Rock 00. 04/19/24 05:54 AM
Windy.com
by quailman. 04/18/24 09:46 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
G&E Hunting Club Questions
by booner. 04/11/24 01:11 PM
Who's Online Now
123 registered members (BurningBright, Josh77, longshot, Downwind, RSF, Gut Pile 32, jake44, blade, UARandy3, hamma, Dixiepatriot, Shaneomac2, BamaBoHunter, Ridge Life, 3Gs, bfoote, BhamFred, TurkeyJoe, 7PTSPREAD, oldbowhunter, Brent, Whild_Bill, BuckRidge17, gobblebox, WEMOhunter, woodduck, 3006bullet, Turkey, Takeum, Bowfish, mathews prostaff, Duck, gatorbait154, Stu, wareagul, courseup, Overland, Snuffy, sawdust, Turberville, johnv, NVM1031, CouchNapper, Irishguy, thayerp81, cbs, mzzy, fillmore, bass1090, RidgeRanger, canine933, Skillet, Ron A., TwentySeven, jawbone, Cousneddy, Hammertime7v2, specialk, Colt1917, shootnmiss, 280Rem., Antelope08, bama_earl, DThrash, BCD, ridgestalker, JCL, AustinC, Luxfisher, RebFormanUDA, Gobble4me757, Ol’Tom, jchurch, Strictlybow, C3SEAST, BPI, Blessed, BCLC, Thread Killer, Smitty4Bama, slippinlipjr, Exhoosier, TheVern, FastXD, geeb1, duxlayer, 000buck, Sasquatch Lives, ronfromramer, burbank, jeffhhub, gundoc, AMB, CCC, G/H, desertdog, MarksOutdoors, buzzard, Chiller, YellaLineHunter, Reptar, Mansfield, cullbuck, rickyh_2, Bronco 74, Dean, Narrow Gap, Lightfoot, Backwards cowboy, Spec, Chaser357, 12 invisible), 551 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2232018
09/20/17 10:52 AM
09/20/17 10:52 AM
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
The definition of mentality is "the characteristic attitude or way of thinking"
If you took it as an insult then I'd have to ask why. Unless you think your characteristic attitude is insulting? Anyway , it's deleted now so I'll have to take your word for why it was deleted.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard
Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2232107
09/20/17 12:57 PM
09/20/17 12:57 PM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there

We're so close to having 10 Comman ... er, pages.

C'mon! Get to discussin' lusty 6,000-year-old dinosaurtdactyls ridden by Noah's offspring on the Ark!

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2232292
09/20/17 03:59 PM
09/20/17 03:59 PM
Dothan/Hartford,Al
87dixieboy Offline
10 point
87dixieboy  Offline
10 point
Dothan/Hartford,Al
Triceratops

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Re: The Ark? [Re: 87dixieboy] #2232310
09/20/17 04:11 PM
09/20/17 04:11 PM
Past Ol’ man Finley’s plac...
Southwood7 Offline
Booner
Southwood7  Offline
Booner
Past Ol’ man Finley’s plac...
Originally Posted By: 87dixieboy
Triceratops

Nailed it.

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Job 33:4
Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2232319
09/20/17 04:15 PM
09/20/17 04:15 PM
Chelsea, AL
lefthorn Offline
14 point
lefthorn  Offline
14 point
Chelsea, AL
Leviathan

Re: The Ark? [Re: 87dixieboy] #2232336
09/20/17 04:27 PM
09/20/17 04:27 PM
Lake View, AL
Joe4majors Offline
14 point
Joe4majors  Offline
14 point
Lake View, AL
Originally Posted By: 87dixieboy
Triceratops

Triceratops may have simply been a juvenile torosaurus, but that's debatable. grin

Last edited by Joe4majors; 09/20/17 04:28 PM.
Re: The Ark? [Re: lefthorn] #2232497
09/21/17 01:23 AM
09/21/17 01:23 AM
northport
deadeye48 Offline
Booner
deadeye48  Offline
Booner
northport

Originally Posted By: lefthorn
Leviathan

http://www.earnestlycontendingforthefait...gTheWord02.html

Here is a good link for you to look at dealing with the pre-adamite world. I hopeyou guys choose to read Clarence larkin and his thoughts/revelations on what possibly was
I happen to believe he's right

When I need expert advice I tend to talk to myself
The older I get the better I used to be
Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2232545
09/21/17 02:58 AM
09/21/17 02:58 AM
Chelsea, AL
lefthorn Offline
14 point
lefthorn  Offline
14 point
Chelsea, AL
There was no pre adamite people

Scripture says "in the beginning " and then Goes on to tell about 7 literal days

Re: The Ark? [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #2232550
09/21/17 03:02 AM
09/21/17 03:02 AM
Huntsville
jono23 Offline
14 point
jono23  Offline
14 point
Huntsville

Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted By: ikillbux
Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
The only thing that concerns me about the Ark recreation and the young earth theory is that a few of the people that I know and go to church with that fully believe it, are so adamant about it that one in particular throws out sayings such as: "if you don't believe that the Creation event happened in 6 literal days, what other parts of the Bible do you not believe?" It's that type of "my way" thinking that drives wedges between believers. IMO, there is no place for that in Christianity. There's already a dump truck full of wedges that get driven between believers of different denominations, we don't need more. Like you, my faith isn't based on the Creation event, it's based on the Cross.

Fur, I want you to hear me saying this with a humorous tone of voice (I'm not jabbing at you), but that's what I call "Rodney King Christianity"....can't we all just get along? It isn't a matter of getting along, or I think what I want to say is I will subordinate getting along to being doctrinally sound. Guys, there are some things that are mysteries, and some things that aren't. The creation account is NOT a mystery, it isn't even remotely a debatable topic, and that's why this is such a big deal. There has never been a reason FROM SCRIPTURE for any man to even think it meant something other than a literal single day. This debate is ALWAYS and ONLY an attack on scripture, and (if I make no other point ever again on this site) you do not know God or His gospel without scripture. If it's common to twist the portion of scripture regarding the creation, then what makes you think you don't believe a twisted understanding of "the gospel"? Things that are mysteries are things that aren't in scripture. For example, what does Jesus look like? Should we do contemporary or traditional music? See where I'm going? It's not about the dogma of my opinion, it's very much like Martin Luther risking his very life to correct the theology of the mainstream church in that day. Actual scriptural accounts aren't matters of opinion, they are matters of theology, and (like I've been saying) a lack of theology will be the indictment of our generation. If it takes me (lovingly) disagreeing with others to defend scripture, then I must do so. Doctrine does divide, it's intent is to do so (like a two edged sword). Scripture is as clear about the literal 6-day creation as it is that we no longer need a mediator priest.

You know, oddly, I am far more tolerant of someone who is confident about wrong theology than I am someone who doesn't believe it matters. And I really bristle at the "there are just some things we can't know" remark. This usually comes from that person who just isn't interested in theology. There are innumerable answers in scripture, but we are so theology-averse today that we wouldn't know otherwise.

With that same humorous voice, I would argue that there is far, far more scriptural evidence for the idea that Jesus died for the sins of the world than there is for 24 hr days in Genesis 1. And yet you believe that Christ died only for the elect. I very seriously doubt that you reached that idea by simply reading the Bible - it was taught to you by another person. That's because it is entirely a man-made system that falls apart when held to the Light of the Word.

Sola scriptura? Get back to me after reading 1John 2:2. wink

Boom.

Re: The Ark? [Re: Clem] #2232567
09/21/17 03:19 AM
09/21/17 03:19 AM
HSV AL
jmudler Offline
Freak of Nature
jmudler  Offline
Freak of Nature
HSV AL
Originally Posted By: Clem

We're so close to having 10 Comman ... er, pages.

C'mon! Get to discussin' lusty 6,000-year-old dinosaurtdactyls ridden by Noah's offspring on the Ark!

OK

Does the Bible validate science or does science validate the Bible?

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Re: The Ark? [Re: jono23] #2232638
09/21/17 04:12 AM
09/21/17 04:12 AM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted By: jono23

Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
The only thing that concerns me about the Ark recreation and the young earth theory is that a few of the people that I know and go to church with that fully believe it, are so adamant about it that one in particular throws out sayings such as: "if you don't believe that the Creation event happened in 6 literal days, what other parts of the Bible do you not believe?" It's that type of "my way" thinking that drives wedges between believers. IMO, there is no place for that in Christianity. There's already a dump truck full of wedges that get driven between believers of different denominations, we don't need more. Like you, my faith isn't based on the Creation event, it's based on the Cross.

Fur, I want you to hear me saying this with a humorous tone of voice (I'm not jabbing at you), but that's what I call "Rodney King Christianity"....can't we all just get along? It isn't a matter of getting along, or I think what I want to say is I will subordinate getting along to being doctrinally sound. Guys, there are some things that are mysteries, and some things that aren't. The creation account is NOT a mystery, it isn't even remotely a debatable topic, and that's why this is such a big deal. There has never been a reason FROM SCRIPTURE for any man to even think it meant something other than a literal single day. This debate is ALWAYS and ONLY an attack on scripture, and (if I make no other point ever again on this site) you do not know God or His gospel without scripture. If it's common to twist the portion of scripture regarding the creation, then what makes you think you don't believe a twisted understanding of "the gospel"? Things that are mysteries are things that aren't in scripture. For example, what does Jesus look like? Should we do contemporary or traditional music? See where I'm going? It's not about the dogma of my opinion, it's very much like Martin Luther risking his very life to correct the theology of the mainstream church in that day. Actual scriptural accounts aren't matters of opinion, they are matters of theology, and (like I've been saying) a lack of theology will be the indictment of our generation. If it takes me (lovingly) disagreeing with others to defend scripture, then I must do so. Doctrine does divide, it's intent is to do so (like a two edged sword). Scripture is as clear about the literal 6-day creation as it is that we no longer need a mediator priest.

You know, oddly, I am far more tolerant of someone who is confident about wrong theology than I am someone who doesn't believe it matters. And I really bristle at the "there are just some things we can't know" remark. This usually comes from that person who just isn't interested in theology. There are innumerable answers in scripture, but we are so theology-averse today that we wouldn't know otherwise.

With that same humorous voice, I would argue that there is far, far more scriptural evidence for the idea that Jesus died for the sins of the world than there is for 24 hr days in Genesis 1. And yet you believe that Christ died only for the elect. I very seriously doubt that you reached that idea by simply reading the Bible - it was taught to you by another person. That's because it is entirely a man-made system that falls apart when held to the Light of the Word.

Sola scriptura? Get back to me after reading 1John 2:2. wink

Boom.

Alright, I said I would avoid this fray, but I can't control my compulsion grin crazy

First, just some philosophical points about cherry-picking singular verses, then I'll (as briefly as I can) explain how that verse in no way denies the election of saints.

I am adamantly against the practice of pulling out singular verses as some "end all / be all" to any given debate. My primary opinion about Arminian theology is that it is nothing but eisegesis to begin with (you imputing YOUR preheld bias into the meaning), and you are basically certain to do that when using singular verses. Who was the audience? What was the topic? What was the authoritorial intent of the larger passage? Was it for all people at all times, or a specific group? Was it even referencing the topic you're using as ammunition for? Nothing concerns me more than the incessant "Oh yeah, what about XXX verse???" I know your motive is pure, to use scripture to defend your belief, but it's so dangerous to be uncontextual like that. I never use single verses, you'll almost always hear me speak in terms of "overall narratives" or "broader passages". You just can't form your whole doctrine from one verse!

Now, about 1 John 2:2 - Let's remember, the foremost battle that "most" of scripture always dealt with was that the Gentiles now have access to God. God wasn't just the God of the Jews. That Jesus' atoning work was for "every tribe, and tongue, and nation" (not for everybody in every tribe, tongue, and nation). That's the "overall narrative" I spoke about above. I could stop there, point is made. This is always a problem of lazy (or nasty) hermeneutics. But look at all of John's writings, his "shtick" seemed to predominantly be the nature of Christ's work being for all people groups (not just the Jews). And that's specifically what was being talked about in the broader passage surrounding 1 John 2:2. This is certainly how John's audience would have understood it. Now I don't want to be argumentative, I understand that when you read that verse alone, your view is logical (I don't disagree). But if you start waaaay before that and read waaaay past it, your view doesn't fit what's even being taught there. That's the "broader passage" I spoke about. If your view of a single verse is seemingly out of place compared the meta-narrative of all scripture, and surely from the more immediate surrounding passage, please reconsider and study that view.

One more "foremost battle" that most of scripture dealt with was Jesus' constant contrast between Christianity and Judaism. Remember, it wasn't the unchurched who demanded Jesus' death (they frankly didn't know or care), it was the church!!! And what they really didn't like wasn't Jesus' claim to be God (that's what they said, but it was a smokescreen), it was because Jesus removed their control and autonomy from their religion. The basest notion of sin is "self", it's the purest form of sin. I am my own god, I do the work, I am good, I am etc. Yes, Jesus is my savior, but I always attend church, I read my bible for an hour each morning, I am a deacon, I cut the grass at church, I don't cuss or drink, I, I, I. I owe Jesus, I perform, I accept Him or not, I. Jesus + my white-knuckle grip on obedience. This was the constant battle of the new Testament (heck, read Galatians!!!). And this Arminian notion of "I have free will" is nothing more than that age-old practice of Judaism. It stirs man's deepest idol to take away his "will" to accept or refuse Christ. THAT is your beef with my view, you certainly don't have a theological point.

Last edited by ikillbux; 09/21/17 04:51 AM.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.
Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2232639
09/21/17 04:13 AM
09/21/17 04:13 AM
Slidell, La
perchjerker Offline OP
Freak of Nature
perchjerker  Offline OP
Freak of Nature
Slidell, La
This was just a quick thread about the ARK, it's turned into a monster!

Thomas Jefferson. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Life is too short to only hunt and fish on weekends!

If being a dumbass was fatal some of you would be on your death bed!

Re: The Ark? [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #2233411
09/21/17 05:06 PM
09/21/17 05:06 PM
limestone al
scrape Offline
10 point
scrape  Offline
10 point
limestone al

Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Question for you. If the creation timeline is absolutely not debatable, you believe in a 6 day creation, correct? If so, why is there absolutely no scientific evidence that man and dinosaur roamed the earth together?
SBS, There is proof, they just disregard it in university's and schools

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2233414
09/21/17 05:08 PM
09/21/17 05:08 PM
Madison
BowtechDan Offline
Old Mossy Horns
BowtechDan  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Madison
Originally Posted By: perchjerker
Anyone been? What say you? I don't agree that dinosaurs were on the Ark or that the earth is only 6000 yrs old. A day, a month a years are measurements made by man. A day for God could be a million man years.
I do however believe the Bible and that God flooded the earth. Remember the KNOWN earth was only the Middle east, Asia and Europe.
I'd love to see it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuGKl7lgh40

The real Ark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IwXy9uEEQ0

All shucks gets blown out of proportion when folks don't understand.

Nathan Carl Goff 19 Sept 2016 - 14 Jan 2017.
Re: The Ark? [Re: scrape] #2233502
09/22/17 02:01 AM
09/22/17 02:01 AM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted By: scrape

Question for you. If the creation timeline is absolutely not debatable, you believe in a 6 day creation, correct? If so, why is there absolutely no scientific evidence that man and dinosaur roamed the earth together?

Why do we teach evolution in public schools when there is absolutely no scientific evidence of it? It's the THEORY of evolution, and basically all "evidence" is just forced to fit. Any creationist can simply flip the script. The answer to your question is because to teach the opposite is unthinkable to a world who is scandalously opposed to God. Said another way, creation isn't taught not for a lack of evidence, hell there's no evidence for evolution (but they teach it). You fill in the blanks. They are teaching what they WANT to teach.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.
Re: The Ark? [Re: ikillbux] #2233507
09/22/17 02:11 AM
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL

Why do we teach evolution in public schools when there is absolutely no scientific evidence of it? It's the THEORY of evolution, and basically all "evidence" is just forced to fit. Any creationist can simply flip the script. The answer to your question is because to teach the opposite is unthinkable to a world who is scandalously opposed to God. Said another way, creation isn't taught not for a lack of evidence, hell there's no evidence for evolution (but they teach it). You fill in the blanks. They are teaching what they WANT to teach.

So there's no evidence for evolution, but you don't believe it... and there's no evidence for men roaming with dinosaurs, yet you believe that one? I'm confused here. Don't think that I'm an evolutionist, because I'm not at all.

Scrape, there is no evidence. I've had plenty of Christian teachers throughout my science classes in higher education, and that's one topic that pretty much every geologist/archaeologist agrees on, religion thrown aside.

Re: The Ark? [Re: ikillbux] #2233508
Smith Lake
300Ruger Offline
10 point
300Ruger  Offline
10 point
Smith Lake

What kind of evidence would you need for you to consider evolution to be plausible? The 6,000 some-odd fossil skeletons are pretty compelling, in my opinion.

Re: The Ark? [Re: 300Ruger] #2233512
09/22/17 02:20 AM
09/22/17 02:20 AM
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL

Originally Posted By: 300Ruger

What kind of evidence would you need for you to consider evolution to be plausible? The 6,000 some-odd fossil skeletons are pretty compelling, in my opinion.

What skeletons are you referring to?

Re: The Ark? [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #2233524
09/22/17 02:43 AM
09/22/17 02:43 AM
Smith Lake
300Ruger Offline
10 point
300Ruger  Offline
10 point
Smith Lake

Originally Posted By: 300Ruger

What skeletons are you referring to?

In this case, all of the "homo" genus.

Men are generally taller now and live longer than even just 150 years ago. It's still happening, and will continue to happen.

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2233528
09/22/17 02:45 AM
09/22/17 02:45 AM
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
jawbone Online content
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Online Content
Freak of Nature
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
Seriously, y'all have gotten me almost to the point of not being able to follow along in the debate. No one knows the answer definitively, so just adopt my philosophy on this. Don't let it shake your faith if you are a Christian. Don't let it prevent you from being a Christian if you aren't. I firmly believe that The Bible doesn't tell us everything we would like to know, but it does tell us everything we need to know. The rest we'll just have to take on faith and accept that it will be revealed to us one day, when it will be so insignificant it won't matter anymore.

I find that I am a better Christian when I don't overthink it and follow the KISS method.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.