</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Mathews lift 29.5
by Bows4evr. 04/18/24 09:53 PM
Trade or sell
by buzzbait. 04/18/24 05:07 PM
95 Ford F250 HD
by Rudy. 04/18/24 02:15 PM
WTB RugerMK IV 22/45 tactical
by JLavender. 04/17/24 08:08 PM
2011 Toyota RAV4
by jsubrett6. 04/16/24 10:00 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Tdogs mount
by Jdkprp70. 04/18/24 09:55 PM
Windy.com
by quailman. 04/18/24 09:46 PM
First cwd transmission to human?
by donia. 04/18/24 06:53 AM
seems like
by donia. 04/17/24 04:01 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by jdhunter2011. 04/17/24 11:42 AM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
G&E Hunting Club Questions
by booner. 04/11/24 01:11 PM
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (oldknight, MoeBuck, Holcomb, AU coonhunter, Gut Pile 32), 628 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2230501
09/19/17 04:58 AM
09/19/17 04:58 AM
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
leroycnbucks Offline
Freak of Nature
leroycnbucks  Offline
Freak of Nature
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
I'm always more confused than before after I read one the religious threads on here.

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!
Re: The Ark? [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #2230518
09/19/17 05:07 AM
09/19/17 05:07 AM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer
Originally Posted By: ikillbux
Originally Posted By: AUstan23

I don't believe YOU translate scripture, I believe the Holy Spirit illuminates it to you, and He isn't going to show you one thing and me another.

You must have missed the other religious threads of past debates

Not hardly, all 5,000 of them annoyed me as bad as this one. And the same problem with all those arguments is/was the same problem with this. The REAL problem isn't whether or not dinosaurs lived. There is ZERO reason why it's necessary to believe in millions of years, it is not needed for ANYTHING else in scripture. You have no need for millions of years, nor some fantasy existence prior to Adam EXCEPT THAT YOU CONFIDENTLY BELIEVE MAN AND DOUBT GOD. Period, end of discussion. There literally is no debate, you CANNOT get anything other than a literal single day out of it, and more importantly there is no reason or need to. This whole thread now, which is 4 pages of complete nonsense, is a total straw man. Come on y'all, this is a matter of believe (or not) that Satan has dominion over this time. Of course he will teach anything and everything contradictory to scripture (it was his very first act with Eve). For Pete's sake, we still teach evolution in freakin' school as if there's no question about it. Nevermind that there has NEVER been ONE single piece of evidence to prove it the "theory", but every generation alive today has never been taught anything else.

We were just in here having a friendly discussion about dinosaurs, and you totally killed the mood. You should be able to discuss your position without getting defensive and upset. I was willing to discuss dinosaurs and man with anyone that wanted to, but too many people on here get all pissy when you challenge what they believe (not necessarily directed just at you ikillbux).

My bad, I apologize for coming across abrasively. I just get pretty animated about this kinda stuff (not creation vs evolution, or dinosaurs, but the whole fidelity of scripture stuff). I am not implying that I do know more, but I'm pretty bold in declaring that we are the most biblically ignorant generation that has ever lived. More than anything I was just heatedly moved that the real underlying motive wasn't to prove or disprove "dinosaurs", but to prove or disprove scripture. The ONE thing in this whole thread I'm defiantly confident about is that there is zero debate about the literal 6 day creation. Y'all can argue dinosaurs and unicorns all you want, I got no interest in that, but I'll wade out into the flow over the whole "a day could be a million years to God" junk. Anyway, I'll get myself worked up (LOL), again I apologize for being abrasive.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.
Re: The Ark? [Re: ikillbux] #2230522
09/19/17 05:10 AM
09/19/17 05:10 AM
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL

I don't believe YOU translate scripture, I believe the Holy Spirit illuminates it to you, and He isn't going to show you one thing and me another.

Not hardly, all 5,000 of them annoyed me as bad as this one. And the same problem with all those arguments is/was the same problem with this. The REAL problem isn't whether or not dinosaurs lived. There is ZERO reason why it's necessary to believe in millions of years, it is not needed for ANYTHING else in scripture. You have no need for millions of years, nor some fantasy existence prior to Adam EXCEPT THAT YOU CONFIDENTLY BELIEVE MAN AND DOUBT GOD. Period, end of discussion. There literally is no debate, you CANNOT get anything other than a literal single day out of it, and more importantly there is no reason or need to. This whole thread now, which is 4 pages of complete nonsense, is a total straw man. Come on y'all, this is a matter of believe (or not) that Satan has dominion over this time. Of course he will teach anything and everything contradictory to scripture (it was his very first act with Eve). For Pete's sake, we still teach evolution in freakin' school as if there's no question about it. Nevermind that there has NEVER been ONE single piece of evidence to prove it the "theory", but every generation alive today has never been taught anything else.

We were just in here having a friendly discussion about dinosaurs, and you totally killed the mood. You should be able to discuss your position without getting defensive and upset. I was willing to discuss dinosaurs and man with anyone that wanted to, but too many people on here get all pissy when you challenge what they believe (not necessarily directed just at you ikillbux).

My bad, I apologize for coming across abrasively. I just get pretty animated about this kinda stuff (not creation vs evolution, or dinosaurs, but the whole fidelity of scripture stuff). I am not implying that I do know more, but I'm pretty bold in declaring that we are the most biblically ignorant generation that has ever lived. More than anything I was just heatedly moved that the real underlying motive wasn't to prove or disprove "dinosaurs", but to prove or disprove scripture. The ONE thing in this whole thread I'm defiantly confident about is that there is zero debate about the literal 6 day creation. Y'all can argue dinosaurs and unicorns all you want, I got no interest in that, but I'll wade out into the flow over the whole "a day could be a million years to God" junk. Anyway, I'll get myself worked up (LOL), again I apologize for being abrasive.

No worries. So how old do you believe that the earth really is?

Re: The Ark? [Re: leroycnbucks] #2230551
09/19/17 05:45 AM
09/19/17 05:45 AM
KY
AUstan23 Offline
10 point
AUstan23  Offline
10 point
KY

Originally Posted By: leroycnbucks
I'm always more confused than before after I read one the religious threads on here.

Its good for a chuckle. We all just trying to make sense outta this rock in space.

It is easier to fool a man than to convince him he has been fooled.
Re: The Ark? [Re: ikillbux] #2230563
09/19/17 05:57 AM
09/19/17 05:57 AM
northport
deadeye48 Offline
Booner
deadeye48  Offline
Booner
northport

I took it as your stance on what you believe and nothing more and I never said the creation story wasn't true or a literal/figurative 6 days, I did say that there was a preadamite world that had people on it and I wont back away from that either. I honestly believe debates like these strengthen our faith by causing us to dig deeper into Gods word. I think its a dangerous thing just to take someones/anyones word for anything pertaining to our life in Christ

When I need expert advice I tend to talk to myself
The older I get the better I used to be
Re: The Ark? [Re: jbc] #2230567
09/19/17 06:01 AM
09/19/17 06:01 AM
West Florida
westflgator Offline
10 point
westflgator  Offline
10 point
West Florida
Originally Posted By: jbc
Originally Posted By: westflgator
Originally Posted By: deadeye48

Originally Posted By: Remington270
Why would there even be a debate whether or not dinosaurs were on the ark because there is nothing definitive in scripture concerning the animals on there. Didn't Marco Polo write about seeing large flying reptiles ??

I don't know about Marco Polo, but many a mariner did write about seeing Mermaids.

Dinosaurs predated man by millions of years. No overlap. You're right, it's not really a debate.

You do know there are cave drawings depicting dinosaur like animals and there is a dry riverbed in (Texas) i think ...it has fossilized human and dinosaur tracks in it?

There are also human and dinosaur fossils in the same fossil beds found relatively close together. The whole argument of evolutionists is that different strata mean different time periods. There is evidence all over the world to debunk that but it's still taught to our kids regardless. An example would be fossilized trees going through multiple layers of strata (supposed millions of years worth) upside down with the roots facing upward. These have been found in multiple places around the world but you see a picture of one in a science book because it doesn't fit their agenda.

Link?

We have a video series on creation vs. evolution and the scientific evidence that supports creation. I don't have a link to it, but in the series, he does source all of the info he puts forth. I will try and watch them again and write down all his main sources. The trees are fairly common and there are pics of them that can probably be found and a simple search.

Here's a link. And yes I know this guy got convicted of tax evasion and it definitely hurt his ministry. However, he still puts forth very solid evidence for creation and for a worldwide flood. He also holds his own very well with the evolutionist that I've seen him debate. I would say he won all of the debates that I've watched (videos not in person).

Re: The Ark? [Re: deadeye48] #2230578
09/19/17 06:11 AM
09/19/17 06:11 AM
KY
AUstan23 Offline
10 point
AUstan23  Offline
10 point
KY

I took it as your stance on what you believe and nothing more and I never said the creation story wasn't true or a literal/figurative 6 days, I did say that there was a preadamite world that had people on it and I wont back away from that either. I honestly believe debates like these strengthen our faith by causing us to dig deeper into Gods word. I think its a dangerous thing just to take someones/anyones word for anything pertaining to our life in Christ

Alright you gotta go a little more in depth with this preadamite theory because it opens up a whole new can of worms. Adam and Eve survived the first flood? Or were made after everyone else pre-Adam was dead? This narrative seemingly exists without having any documentation to pull from.

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2230601
09/19/17 06:38 AM
09/19/17 06:38 AM
northport
deadeye48 Offline
Booner
deadeye48  Offline
Booner
northport
They were created after flood one and told to Replenish the earth.
Replenish means to restock, resupply, refill and plenish means to stock, supply or fill

Re: The Ark? [Re: deadeye48] #2230604
09/19/17 06:47 AM
09/19/17 06:47 AM
KY
AUstan23 Offline
10 point
AUstan23  Offline
10 point
KY

Replenish means to restock, resupply, refill and plenish means to stock, supply or fill

Why did the first flood occur?

Re: The Ark? [Re: deadeye48] #2230609
09/19/17 06:52 AM
09/19/17 06:52 AM
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL

You're getting all that info from the first three verses of Genesis?

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2230613
09/19/17 06:56 AM
09/19/17 06:56 AM
northport
deadeye48 Offline
Booner
deadeye48  Offline
Booner
northport
Not at all..apparently you have ready my previous post or you have refused to answer my questions in them. As far as those words got referring to will you ignore them as well?

Re: The Ark? [Re: deadeye48] #2230619
09/19/17 07:02 AM
09/19/17 07:02 AM
KY
AUstan23 Offline
10 point
AUstan23  Offline
10 point
KY

Not at all..apparently you have ready my previous post or you have refused to answer my questions in them. As far as those words got referring to will you ignore them as well?

Answer my question

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2230625
09/19/17 07:04 AM
northport
deadeye48 Offline
Booner
deadeye48  Offline
Booner
northport
Answer mine

Re: The Ark? [Re: deadeye48] #2230626
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL

I read them, and all you mentioned that I could find was the first three verses of Genesis.

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2230630
09/19/17 07:07 AM
09/19/17 07:07 AM
northport
deadeye48 Offline
Booner
deadeye48  Offline
Booner
northport
The first flood occurred because of lucifers rebellion. When he tried to exalt his throne above the throne of God. God destroyed the kingdom lucifer was ruling over ..the heavens and earth.. hence the Re creation of both

Re: The Ark? [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #2230631
09/19/17 07:08 AM
09/19/17 07:08 AM
KY
AUstan23 Offline
10 point
AUstan23  Offline
10 point
KY

I read them, and all you mentioned that I could find was the first three verses of Genesis.

Ditto. You're theory is vague. Just answer why the first flood occurred. Google it so you got your ducks in a row. We'll wait.

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2230632
09/19/17 07:10 AM
Chelsea, AL
lefthorn Offline
14 point
lefthorn  Offline
14 point
Chelsea, AL
Where do you see that they were told to "replenish"?

My ESV says "be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth"

Re: The Ark? [Re: deadeye48] #2230635
KY
AUstan23 Offline
10 point
AUstan23  Offline
10 point
KY

The first flood occurred because of lucifers rebellion. When he tried to exalt his throne above the throne of God. God destroyed the kingdom lucifer was ruling over ..the heavens and earth.. hence the Re creation of both

I don't even know where to begin dissecting this

Re: The Ark? [Re: lefthorn] #2230637
09/19/17 07:11 AM
09/19/17 07:11 AM
KY
AUstan23 Offline
10 point
AUstan23  Offline
10 point
KY

Originally Posted By: lefthorn

Same. I read that last night then googled other translations and got nothing.

Re: The Ark? [Re: lefthorn] #2230648
09/19/17 07:14 AM
09/19/17 07:14 AM
northport
deadeye48 Offline
Booner
deadeye48  Offline
Booner
northport

Originally Posted By: lefthorn

Wow really?? The KJV is all I study. It was taken from the Septuagint and from the Hebrew texts. Don't misunderstand that with any language translation there will be transliteration and the further you get from the original the worse that gets

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.