</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Sig Suaer M400 Tread 5.56
by AL18. 04/19/24 02:44 PM
truck
by jhix3734. 04/19/24 10:50 AM
Rem model 7 stainless 300WSM
by Thread Killer. 04/19/24 09:04 AM
Mathews lift 29.5
by Bows4evr. 04/18/24 09:53 PM
Trade or sell
by buzzbait. 04/18/24 05:07 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Tdogs mount
by Tall Dog. 04/19/24 03:53 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by Paint Rock 00. 04/19/24 05:54 AM
Windy.com
by quailman. 04/18/24 09:46 PM
First cwd transmission to human?
by donia. 04/18/24 06:53 AM
seems like
by donia. 04/17/24 04:01 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
G&E Hunting Club Questions
by booner. 04/11/24 01:11 PM
Who's Online Now
124 registered members (Floorman1, Pwyse, Cuz-Pat, JAT, 7x57_Mauser, Dubie, jhardy, mathews prostaff, trailertrash, BradB, Bulls eye, Fishduck, Bull64, Dixiepatriot, BPI, OutdoorsAL, Lockwood, Mack1, Herdbull, brushwhacker, Camden86, SEWoodsWhitetail, Tree Dweller, donia, mzzy, Paint Rock 00, Luxfisher, MIB, HURRICANE, CNC, Gunner211, dustymac, AUtgr, Big Buck Video, Redman3, BhamFred, ts1979flh, Whild_Bill, AU7MM08, MC21, Big AL 76, Ryano, woodduck, BayedUp, lckrn, Cactus_buck, blade, geeb1, CCC, BC_Reb, fingers, gman, Crawfish, Reaper, Shaneomac2, BrentsFX4, Darrylcom, HollerHunter, oakachoy, cartervj, jprice, BentBarrel, klay, Turkeyhunter12, rutwad, Joe4majors, WhoMe, IDOT, Woody1, sloughfoot, J_K, Turberville, Fattyfireplug, PapaD, thayerp81, Wahoo, jsubrett6, 380jeff, JRigs10, Deerslayer33, ultratec00, top cat, sj22, brotech, odocoileus, ken1970, hosscat, Stacey, Holcomb, dave260rem!, aubigmac, DoeMaster, deadeye48, catdoctor, ronfromramer, gundoc, JSOG47, HawkPilot, GrandSlam, Ron A., Chancetribe, Bronco 74, metalmuncher, desertdog, BCLC, 3006bullet, Robert D., UncleHuck, DoubleB, jaredhunts, Todd1700, Uokman2014, 12 invisible), 772 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Another Low Weight Guntersville Tournament [Re: Jpipererp] #2115709
05/16/17 12:42 PM
05/16/17 12:42 PM
Shelby County
bloodtrail Offline
10 point
bloodtrail  Offline
10 point
Shelby County
Originally Posted By: Jpipererp
I think most people have not adapted to the style of fishing that Guntersville has been conditioned less to. Sure, used to catch them regularly using the same ole soft plastic presentation but they have become conditioned to that and the smaller younger fish aren't. Case and point, most people aren't willing to buy 3 or 4 bull shads to tie up for different depths and different lines but I can go out to a few places every morning and usually either get a big bass to boil over or hook up on it. Yeah it's a $50 bait but it works. Also, ledge fishing is as good as it ever was and will remain this way until the fish become conditioned to more people getting out deep and using electronics to locate shell beds and shad. Bigger fish react more to fishing pressure than the 14.5" squeakers

Fishing pressure is nothing new, ledge fishing is nothing new, 19lb to win a spring tournament is relatively new.

I wish the out of state folks would visit one of the NY glacier lakes in the summer. They can easily fill a limit of 4lb LM, multiple limits if they wanted.

Re: Another Low Weight Guntersville Tournament [Re: Jpipererp] #2115822
05/16/17 03:18 PM
05/16/17 03:18 PM
Scottsboro, Al
J
jbatey1 Offline
Lucky Bastage
jbatey1  Offline
Lucky Bastage
J
Scottsboro, Al

I think most people have not adapted to the style of fishing that Guntersville has been conditioned less to. Sure, used to catch them regularly using the same ole soft plastic presentation but they have become conditioned to that and the smaller younger fish aren't. Case and point, most people aren't willing to buy 3 or 4 bull shads to tie up for different depths and different lines but I can go out to a few places every morning and usually either get a big bass to boil over or hook up on it. Yeah it's a $50 bait but it works. Also, ledge fishing is as good as it ever was and will remain this way until the fish become conditioned to more people getting out deep and using electronics to locate shell beds and shad. Bigger fish react more to fishing pressure than the 14.5" squeakers

Beats me, I live a mile or less from the lake and On any given day that I fish during "ledge season" it's pretty well bumper to bumper out there. People have been ledge fishing with big baits as long as big bass have been living on the ledge. Pressure has a lot to do with the down cycle, but I wouldn't say that the fish are necessarily trained to avoid certain baits. They are just a dumb little fish, they eat when they are hungry or when opportunity prevails. Don't give them too much credit.

Most Bass fishermen that I know have no problem spending money on bull shads or any bait for that matter and cost is usually the least of the factors.

This area trying to kill every stitch of grass in the lake for the last few years, lack of stocking programs and unrealistic pressure from tourneys/ anglers are all reasons for the down cycle. Sure, it may be a "natural" cycle in nature, but man have definitely helped.

On a different note, I've seen ALOT more grass this year in a few coves that I fish regularly than the last few years. These were coves that they completely eradicated the grass in the last few years. Will that stuff come back thicker after they get rid of it? Kind of like after an area gets logged?

The fool tells me his reasons; the wise man persuades me with my own.
Re: Another Low Weight Guntersville Tournament [Re: jbatey1] #2115862
05/16/17 04:07 PM
05/16/17 04:07 PM
Scottsboro Al
T
TravisBatey Offline
10 point
TravisBatey  Offline
10 point
T
Scottsboro Al
Originally Posted By: jbatey1

Beats me, I live a mile or less from the lake and On any given day that I fish during "ledge season" it's pretty well bumper to bumper out there. People have been ledge fishing with big baits as long as big bass have been living on the ledge. Pressure has a lot to do with the down cycle, but I wouldn't say that the fish are necessarily trained to avoid certain baits. They are just a dumb little fish, they eat when they are hungry or when opportunity prevails. Don't give them too much credit.

Most Bass fishermen that I know have no problem spending money on bull shads or any bait for that matter and cost is usually the least of the factors.

This area trying to kill every stitch of grass in the lake for the last few years, lack of stocking programs and unrealistic pressure from tourneys/ anglers are all reasons for the down cycle. Sure, it may be a "natural" cycle in nature, but man have definitely helped.

On a different note, I've seen ALOT more grass this year in a few coves that I fish regularly than the last few years. These were coves that they completely eradicated the grass in the last few years. Will that stuff come back thicker after they get rid of it? Kind of like after an area gets logged?

Found this online about the weed spraying program. Looks like a cut back may be happening.
http://www.waff.com/story/35091236/tva-to-cut-back-weed-spraying-program-for-lake-guntersville

Re: Another Low Weight Guntersville Tournament [Re: TravisBatey] #2115889
05/16/17 04:25 PM
05/16/17 04:25 PM
Scottsboro, Al
J
jbatey1 Offline
Lucky Bastage
jbatey1  Offline
Lucky Bastage
J
Scottsboro, Al
Originally Posted By: TravisBatey
Originally Posted By: jbatey1

Found this online about the weed spraying program. Looks like a cut back may be happening.
http://www.waff.com/story/35091236/tva-to-cut-back-weed-spraying-program-for-lake-guntersville

Marina Owners and big wigs that live on the lake looking for someone else to keep the lake sprayed loco . Figures. I could definitely tell that City/County Park and the whole Roseberry Creek area are more grown up than the last few years.

The fool tells me his reasons; the wise man persuades me with my own.
Re: Another Low Weight Guntersville Tournament [Re: William] #2115937
05/16/17 05:26 PM
05/16/17 05:26 PM
N. Bama
257wbymag Offline
Boo Boo Head
257wbymag  Offline
Boo Boo Head
N. Bama
I wish more folks would fish and leave the turkeys alone!

Quietly killing turkeys where youre not!!!
My tank full of give a fraks been runnin on empty
I'm the paterfamilias
Re: Another Low Weight Guntersville Tournament [Re: William] #2116023
05/17/17 01:54 AM
05/17/17 01:54 AM
Trussville, Al
J
Jpipererp Offline
10 point
Jpipererp  Offline
10 point
J
Trussville, Al
I never said the grass spraying wasn't a problem. All I'm saying is that the habitats are changing and it will take new( to you) approaches to finding them.

Bass Bandito
Re: Another Low Weight Guntersville Tournament [Re: William] #2116607
05/17/17 01:21 PM
05/17/17 01:21 PM
North Alabama
W
Wiley Coyote Offline
Freak of Nature
Wiley Coyote  Offline
Freak of Nature
W
North Alabama
There may be hope for bream fishermen after all. I hope the weights keep dropping.

I firmly believe that a double gallows should be constructed on the East Lawn of The White House. Politicians who willfully and shamelessly violate their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America should be swiftly tried and, upon conviction, publicly hanged at sunup the day after conviction. If multiple convicts are to be hanged they can choose with whom to share the gallows or names shall be drawn from the hangman's hat to be hanged 2 at a time.

NRA Life Member
Re: Another Low Weight Guntersville Tournament [Re: Wiley Coyote] #2116935
05/18/17 02:07 AM
05/18/17 02:07 AM
Guntersville
K
klay Online IMG_0051.GIF
10 point
klay  Online IMG_0051.GIF
10 point
K
Guntersville
Originally Posted By: Wiley Coyote
There may be hope for bream fishermen after all. I hope the weights keep dropping.

Man, that's just plain mean.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.