</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
WTB RugerMK IV 22/45 tactical
by JLavender. 04/17/24 08:08 PM
2011 Toyota RAV4
by jsubrett6. 04/16/24 10:00 PM
Remington 700 SPS Buckmasters Edition
by Mbrock. 04/16/24 09:30 PM
44 Mag Ammo
by wew3006. 04/16/24 02:43 PM
Chevrolet Silverado - Low Miles
by Gulfcoast. 04/16/24 12:11 PM
Serious Deer Talk
First cwd transmission to human?
by Wahoo. 04/17/24 06:40 PM
seems like
by donia. 04/17/24 04:01 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by jdhunter2011. 04/17/24 11:42 AM
Corn planting need Cnc advise
by cartervj. 04/11/24 05:24 AM
Anybody tried a Buck Muffin?
by JohnG. 04/10/24 04:55 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
G&E Hunting Club Questions
by booner. 04/11/24 01:11 PM
Who's Online Now
25 registered members (winlamberth, Gobbler1, FX4, BeakBuster1500, BAR1225, Chancetribe, sbo1971, Tigger85, Captain Howdy, Gobble4me757, Semo, woodduck, Claims Rep., Geezer, Sgiles, IDOT, Shane99, bodock, NoHuntin, M48scout, Mack1, jchurch, 3 invisible), 359 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: mike35549] #2095147
04/22/17 04:20 PM
04/22/17 04:20 PM
KY
AUstan23 Offline
10 point
AUstan23  Offline
10 point
KY

Originally Posted By: mike35549
Originally Posted By: AUstan23

Originally Posted By: Deadwood
Sorry for the departure from the original topic of "round earth".

While we are on the subject, where did the piss and chit go from the animals on the ark? What did they have to eat and drink? Were there insects on the ark? Where did all that water go afterward? What did the animals eat after they got off the boat if everything was dead? There's a lot more to it than two of every animal got on a boat when you think about it.

You know it wasn't really two of every animal. Not sure how that false hood became common knowledge.

Are you referring to the "kinds vs. Species" debate? Or the clean animals by sevens and unclean by two, male and female, thing?

It is easier to fool a man than to convince him he has been fooled.
Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: Solo] #2095150
04/22/17 04:23 PM
04/22/17 04:23 PM
sellers, montgomery county
P
paulfish4570 Offline
12 point
paulfish4570  Offline
12 point
P
"a belief system based on getting into Heaven is selfish on our part and cruel on the part of God"

not when EVERYONE is invited. one only has to believe. utterly just on the part of the Father ... smile

paulfish4570
Joshua 1:9
Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: paulfish4570] #2095155
04/22/17 04:30 PM
04/22/17 04:30 PM
KY
AUstan23 Offline
10 point
AUstan23  Offline
10 point
KY

Originally Posted By: paulfish4570
"a belief system based on getting into Heaven is selfish on our part and cruel on the part of God"

not when EVERYONE is invited. one only has to believe. utterly just on the part of the Father ... smile

See I can jive with that but the way Out Back worded it was that people believe because they're afraid not to. Like I'm a believer so I can get into Heaven...That's the selfish part. See if it were me writing the rules as God, I would've made no mention of Heaven or Hell and observed a man's character when he doesn't know there's a reward at the end. I think that would be a more altruistic way of testing a person's Faith. Hopefully I explained that clearly.

Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: AUstan23] #2095164
04/22/17 04:36 PM
04/22/17 04:36 PM
dothan
eskimo270 Offline
10 point
eskimo270  Offline
10 point
dothan

Originally Posted By: Out back
AwwStan,
I wish we could all be as intelligent and enlightened as you.
I can pick certain parts of the Bible to ridicule and make jokes, too.
But what if you're wrong? What if the Bible is true, and you are wrong?
See, if I'm wrong, I just rot and become fertilizer. But if you're wrong, you burn in hell for eternity.
That's a serious gamble.

I'm not enlightened, and I'm not ridiculing anything. I'm acknowledging the parts of the story that no one talks about because they get scared to ask questions. Notice how no one attempted to explain what I highlighted. I'm an average guy that is thinking critically. I'm at a point where people telling me to "shut up" or "stop asking questions" or "talking dangerously" doesn't bother me.

And the second part of your statement refers to Pascal's Wager in which he acknowledges everyone hedges on their belief system being right. The idea that we'd accept a belief system based on getting into Heaven is selfish on our part and cruel on the part of God. Faith as fear dressed up as virtue is in my mind not admirable. I could write pages on these concepts but that's my short-handed response cuz I just don't feel like writing a lot.

*And I don't know if Heaven and Hell is real in whatever form that might be. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. From my position, the Bible is written and influenced by men in another attempt to make sense of it all.

from your posts that I have read, I don't believe that you are a critical thinker that is doing so with integrity . Why do you not hold the theory of evolution to the same critical standard that you do the belief of a Creator? In fact, I have come to the conclusion, because of the way that you pounce on every post about God, that deep down you believe in a Creator but you choose to rebel against Him. People that believe someone else's world view is wrong don't tend to attack that world view at every opportunity the way that you do, they just laugh and move on.

Super Predator
Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: Shaw] #2095166
04/22/17 04:40 PM
04/22/17 04:40 PM
dothan
eskimo270 Offline
10 point
eskimo270  Offline
10 point
dothan

Originally Posted By: Shaw
Hell, we've got some folks on here that believe the world is only a few thousand years old and dinosaur bones are fake. crazy
I tell you what is crazier than that, I believe in a Man that was killed, laid in a tomb for 3 days and then came back to life.

Super Predator
Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: eskimo270] #2095180
04/22/17 04:54 PM
04/22/17 04:54 PM
KY
AUstan23 Offline
10 point
AUstan23  Offline
10 point
KY

Originally Posted By: eskimo270

AwwStan,
See, if I'm wrong, I just rot and become fertilizer. But if you're wrong, you burn in hell for eternity.
That's a serious gamble.

I'm not enlightened, and I'm not ridiculing anything. I'm acknowledging the parts of the story that no one talks about because they get scared to ask questions. Notice how no one attempted to explain what I highlighted. I'm an average guy that is thinking critically. I'm at a point where people telling me to "shut up" or "stop asking questions" or "talking dangerously" doesn't bother me.

And the second part of your statement refers to Pascal's Wager in which he acknowledges everyone hedges on their belief system being right. The idea that we'd accept a belief system based on getting into Heaven is selfish on our part and cruel on the part of God. Faith as fear dressed up as virtue is in my mind not admirable. I could write pages on these concepts but that's my short-handed response cuz I just don't feel like writing a lot.

*And I don't know if Heaven and Hell is real in whatever form that might be. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. From my position, the Bible is written and influenced by men in another attempt to make sense of it all.

from your posts that I have read, I don't believe that you are a critical thinker that is doing so with integrity . Why do you not hold the theory of evolution to the same critical standard that you do the belief of a Creator? In fact, I have come to the conclusion, because of the way that you pounce on every post about God, that deep down you believe in a Creator but you choose to rebel against Him. People that believe someone else's world view is wrong don't tend to attack that world view at every opportunity the way that you do, they just laugh and move on.

I don't jump down everyone's post about God. I didn't say a word about Easter and all the paganism muddled in with it, etc when all those threads were up. And I don't completely believe God doesn't exist. I don't know. Evolution has its holes. Its a work in progress, and it is very difficult to piece together the entirety of existence from physics, chemistry, biology, fossil record, etc. Scientists make mistakes constantly, and fame/money can taint it like anything else. I'm not better than anyone, and I don't think debating is a bad thing. If you legit think I'm wrong, jump in and defend your stance. I'll listen and prolly learn something. Otherwise I'm not gonna just be quiet because it makes someone uncomfortable.

Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: AUstan23] #2095194
04/22/17 05:10 PM
04/22/17 05:10 PM
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL

AwwStan,
That's a serious gamble.

I don't jump down everyone's post about God. I didn't say a word about Easter and all the paganism muddled in with it, etc when all those threads were up. And I don't completely believe God doesn't exist. I don't know. Evolution has its holes. Its a work in progress, and it is very difficult to piece together the entirety of existence from physics, chemistry, biology, fossil record, etc. Scientists make mistakes constantly, and fame/money can taint it like anything else. I'm not better than anyone, and I don't think debating is a bad thing. If you legit think I'm wrong, jump in and defend your stance. I'll listen and prolly learn something. Otherwise I'm not gonna just be quiet because it makes someone uncomfortable.

There's no evidence for macro evolution. They can't explain how cells went from anaerobic to aerobic, the "missing link" is made up and there's no archaeological proof to even create a theory about it, there's nothing to support that fish grew legs and started breathing air instead of water, and the theory that at some point plants started growing from the same cell that animals grew from is just crazy.

Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #2095201
04/22/17 05:23 PM
04/22/17 05:23 PM
Madison
BowtechDan Offline
Old Mossy Horns
BowtechDan  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Madison

Nathan Carl Goff 19 Sept 2016 - 14 Jan 2017.
Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #2095240
04/22/17 06:53 PM
04/22/17 06:53 PM
KY
AUstan23 Offline
10 point
AUstan23  Offline
10 point
KY

Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

AwwStan,
That's a serious gamble.

There's no evidence for macro evolution. They can't explain how cells went from anaerobic to aerobic, the "missing link" is made up and there's no archaeological proof to even create a theory about it, there's nothing to support that fish grew legs and started breathing air instead of water, and the theory that at some point plants started growing from the same cell that animals grew from is just crazy.

You are right. Evolutionary theory has its missing pieces, although I think you're making some broad assertions that there is zero evidence outside of micro-evolution within a single species. Here's a link that I think is a good place to start. It's a lot of reading. I haven't it made all the way through it. Any researcher worth his/her salt will admit there is no absolute truth in the scientific community. We can only continue to build off of what we know.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

I think it's difficult for us to conceptualize the time-scale of the Earth being over 4 billion years old. I mean that is an extremely long time for gradualism to take place, not to mention punctuated equilibrium interjecting into the process via natural disasters like earthquakes etc. That's one thing to consider. 4,000,000,000 years vs. 80 year human life time.

It is not thought that humans came from apes but rather we share a common ancestor way back down the phyletic tree. Do we have every single fossil of every single organism and an explanation for every single piece of the puzzle? No. Like I said, trying to piece the entirety of all existence given a changing planet influencing variation over billions of years is extremely daunting. I think that's where people get lost in the scale of it because they're expecting to see a half elephant-whale or something. It's really not something you can boil down to a single sentence given the sheer mass of varying influential factors involved over time.

But, people want things to be simple to understand. They want to have it all figured out because when they realize they don't it's terrifying, humbling, and awe-inspiring all at the same time.

Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: Solo] #2095245
04/22/17 07:53 PM
04/22/17 07:53 PM
Chelsea, AL
straycat Offline
Old Mossy Horns
straycat  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Chelsea, AL
Austan,

Repost what you highlighted that no one has answered yet. I don't see it.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams
Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: eskimo270] #2095254
04/22/17 09:28 PM
04/22/17 09:28 PM
Prattville
D
Dkhargroves Offline
Booner
Dkhargroves  Offline
Booner
D
Prattville

AwwStan,
That's a serious gamble.

I was just thinking this as I was reading this thread and you beat me to it

Originally Posted by Johntravis89
There is 2 different high fence. 1 small and one big! Mine was free range in the big pen and was not a breeder buck. Why does it have to be twisted around??
Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: Solo] #2095311
04/23/17 02:45 AM
04/23/17 02:45 AM
Shelby Co, AL
CatHeadBiscuit Offline
14 point
CatHeadBiscuit  Offline
14 point
Shelby Co, AL
AUstan23
Just as you've thought you will not be going to heaven when you die.

Last edited by CatHeadBiscuit; 04/23/17 02:47 AM.

"Arguing on the internet is like playing chess with a pigeon. You may be good at chess, but the pigeon is just going to knock all the pieces down, take a crap on the table, and strut around like its victorious."--Anonymous
Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: AUstan23] #2095314
04/23/17 02:53 AM
04/23/17 02:53 AM
USA
Jlu509 Offline
Ginzu Ninja
Jlu509  Offline
Ginzu Ninja
USA

AwwStan,
That's a serious gamble.

It is important for people on this board to realize that people have different opinions. In fact, I find myself in a similar boat as Stan. If Stan ruffles your feathers, you would have your panties in a wod with most other non-believers/agnostics etc etc. I have never seen him step out of line or take a personal jab at anyone for their beliefs. I would expect a decent person to return the favor.

" What's that old saying.....
Never let your spouse leave the house horny or hungry, because their is always a whore with a sandwich out there. "
Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: CatHeadBiscuit] #2095315
04/23/17 02:54 AM
04/23/17 02:54 AM
USA
Jlu509 Offline
Ginzu Ninja
Jlu509  Offline
Ginzu Ninja
USA
Originally Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit
AUstan23
Just as you've thought you will not be going to heaven when you die.

loco

" What's that old saying.....
Never let your spouse leave the house horny or hungry, because their is always a whore with a sandwich out there. "
Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: Solo] #2095325
04/23/17 03:10 AM
04/23/17 03:10 AM
Huntsville
jono23 Offline
14 point
jono23  Offline
14 point
Huntsville
Not that this matters, but I enjoy reading AUstan23's posts.

Thinking freely is a beautiful thing.

Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: jono23] #2095332
04/23/17 03:22 AM
04/23/17 03:22 AM
Opp Alabama
bward85 Offline
12 point
bward85  Offline
12 point
Opp Alabama
Originally Posted By: jono23
Not that this matters, but I enjoy reading AUstan23's posts.

Thinking freely is a beautiful thing.

^^^^This^^^^

Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: Solo] #2095334
04/23/17 03:26 AM
04/23/17 03:26 AM
Harpersville, AL
tfd1224 Offline
14 point
tfd1224  Offline
14 point
Harpersville, AL
If the earth is flat then who controls the light switch for the sun? Why does the sun rise in the east and set in the west. Why is it daylight in China and dark here? How did anyone fly or sail around the earth?

Yeah c’mon. Daniel White
Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: Solo] #2095636
04/23/17 09:44 AM
04/23/17 09:44 AM
P
paulfish4570 Offline
12 point
paulfish4570  Offline
12 point
P
i WAS austan earlier in my life, so i doubly appreciate his posts ... smile

paulfish4570
Joshua 1:9
Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: Solo] #2096346
04/24/17 04:35 AM
04/24/17 04:35 AM
HSV AL
jmudler Offline
Freak of Nature
jmudler  Offline
Freak of Nature
HSV AL
The earth is flat.....cause Guam can tip over.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Re: So I've got this buddy.... [Re: AUstan23] #2096525
04/24/17 07:28 AM
04/24/17 07:28 AM
dothan
eskimo270 Offline
10 point
eskimo270  Offline
10 point
dothan

Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Op

Any researcher worth his/her salt will admit there is no absolute truth in the scientific community. We can only continue to build off of what we know.
let me say this as nicely and tenderly as I can. .....this is a lie.....THIS IS A DAMNED LIE.......THIS IS A DAMNED LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL. Every hypothesis and theory is based upon some absolute truths. We know what time the sun will rise tomorrow, not because of our great knowledge or our great skills in forecasting, but because of absolute truths. We can determine when the sun will set next week, next year and so forth, we know when the moon will be full because there are absolute truths. If you jump from your tree stand you know what will happen because of an absolute truth. And it is because of these things amongst many examples that led Paul to pen his words to the Romans which said you are without excuse for the invisible hand of God is clearly seen in the visible things .

A critical thinker, which you claim to be, could never ever embrace evolution. There is not a single example, that I am aware of, where you see organization come from disorganization, a critical thinker can never get past this single point alone. But by faith, you are able to. By faith you are able to embrace the evolutionary theory. By faith you are able to accept the latest scientific thought. How are you able to do so? By making a wrong turn. The wrong turn you took is believing that truth is relative and not absolute.

Super Predator
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.