</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Iso ruger american ranch
by AustinC. 03/27/24 08:20 PM
Ruger M77 6mm heavy barrel with Nikon Monarch
by bradbathome. 03/27/24 04:42 PM
Carpet Installation Equipment
by hunter84. 03/27/24 07:12 AM
$20013hp all-power side shaft generator motor
by HollerHunter. 03/26/24 07:43 PM
250 gallon propane tank $225
by HollerHunter. 03/26/24 07:30 PM
Serious Deer Talk
The Hollywood Buck.
by Tree Dweller. 03/28/24 02:38 AM
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by Mbrock. 03/27/24 07:53 PM
High Fencing
by RareBreed. 03/26/24 10:45 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by TensawRiver. 03/26/24 01:26 PM
What makes you happy?
by Fishduck. 03/26/24 10:25 AM
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
West Jefferson County hunting club
by Jmfire722. 03/18/24 08:36 AM
Western Ky farm
by todd w. 03/15/24 01:23 PM
Information on bibb county hunting club
by quickshot. 03/10/24 01:46 PM
Hunting Club
by Hibby. 03/08/24 04:34 PM
Mississippi club
by Gobl4me. 03/07/24 09:55 PM
Who's Online Now
154 registered members (timberman56, jb20, Sixpointholler, Remington270, Forrestgump1, HBWALKER14, bates2rw, JDW25, misfire, Last Soldier, oakachoy, Gotcha1, SC53, MCbama, PourIron12, BearBranch, fingers, 3Gs, Geezer, Fleahopmayor, Deer Crossing, jbatey1, NoHuntin, clayk, Young20, MarkCollin, gastoka, NotsoBright, crenshawco, SouthBamaSlayer, 7x57_Mauser, robinhedd, Exhoosier, Ragu, sawdust, wareagle22, laylandad, Paxamus, Turberville, fillmore, Dead down wind, Tree Dweller, Dixiepatriot, BradB, mossyback, rickyh_2, CeeHawk37, JustHunt, AustinC, BCLC, kyles, taggedout, jhardy, G/H, Mbrock, Chickenrig, Floorman1, Doeslayer44, BuckRidge17, gregnbc, Dragfan66, Skullworks, cartervj, wk2hnt, highliner, jtillery, m97, brett.smith, abolt300, hunter84, Jay512, Buckwheat, Shack84, Remi296, klay, 10 POINT, BBD23, TurkeyJoe, Scooter7, MadMallard, dirkdaddy, Paint Rock 00, Gobl4me, deepwoods44, cullbuck, Ben2, SuperSpike, Tall Dog, HOWTON21, YellaLineHunter, trlrdrdave, need2hunt, Coosa1, Tracker, Turkey_neck, UAhunter, oldforester, Treelimb, capehorn24, Jotjackson, Nmonk23, Teacher One, billrv, snakebit, mjs14, AUHoss79, CarbonClimber1, fish_blackbass, btfl, scrape, dtmwtp, Brian_C, Andalusia, 7PTSPREAD, M48scout, AWT6, DEADorALIVE, Dog, nomercy, coldtrail, JohnG, StateLine, Smitty4Bama, RCHRR, El_Matador, eclipse829, hallb, mdf, HDS64, Gobble4me757, 202P&Y, Raspy, cchoque93, Ol Backwoods Boy, wareagul, Beer Belly, Justice, Bowfish, hosscat, 15 invisible), 514 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Backsliding from your faith #2065056
03/21/17 10:26 AM
03/21/17 10:26 AM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline OP
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline OP
Booner
M
Chilton County
In my early twenties I was a backslidden Christian. I believed in there was a God but didn't make any attempt to live like it. Of course, He didn't move, but I had.

After a nasty divorce I realized that I needed God to take care of me and my three year old daughter that I had just been granted custody. I had just relocated with my job, worked 55 hours a week, including weekends and didn't have a relative in the state.

Since I placed my faith back into his hands, he has taken care of me in ways I can't even begin to explain. I was a doubter, but the way that everything in the world operates with such complexity has left no doubt in my mind that it was created by a Divine Being.

Anyone else found their way back?

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Backsliding from your faith [Re: MarksOutdoors] #2065068
03/21/17 10:42 AM
03/21/17 10:42 AM
F
ford150man Offline
Old Mossy Horns
ford150man  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
F
One of my new favorite passages I stumbled across not long ago, while struggling with "life". This is a psalm of David, when Nathan came to him after David had committed adultery with Bathsheba. I haven't committed adultery but it's a great passage about giving your brokenness to God.

Psalm 51:15-17
Open my lips, Lord, and my mouth will declare your praise. 16) You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. 17) My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.

There is a lot of comfort in those few verses right there. The absolute best thing we can take to God is our brokenness, because it shows we absolutely depend solely on Him. There is a real sense of peace when you do that.

If voting made any difference, they wouldn’t let us do it.-Mark Twain
Re: Backsliding from your faith [Re: MarksOutdoors] #2065187
03/21/17 12:23 PM
03/21/17 12:23 PM
Chelsea, AL
straycat Offline
Old Mossy Horns
straycat  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Chelsea, AL
I grew up in the church as an infant. All my family were believers as were the vast majority of everyone I knew really until I was in high school. I knew the Truth. Yet I rebelled in my teenage years until I was a married adult. I wasn't confused about what was true, I just refused to live the life God was calling me to live. I can see now where I was neither hot nor cold, but that detestable "luke warm".

When Samuel was born in 1999 my life was altered. I realized I had a vast amount of head knowledge with very little heart understanding. God drew me to him over and above my objections and stiff-necked philosophy. He started a work in me that changed me little by little over time. The scales fell off one by one as I allowed Him to be Lord of my life. When we started home schooling from a Biblical perspective about 9 years ago, I experienced so much growth in my walk that it is mind blowing. We changed churches soon after to get deeper teaching.

Today, I'm still a sinner with my own struggles and failures. I stumble and I'm so stupid sometimes. But my heart longs to be found faithful even when I cave to worldly passions of the flesh or allow Satan to ensnare me. God has enabled me to share my faith through writings and discussions and is still working on me everyday.

Psalm 25: 4-5
4 Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
teach me your paths.
5 Lead me in your truth and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all the day long.

When we submit to Him, he is faithful to lead us in Truth.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams
Re: Backsliding from your faith [Re: MarksOutdoors] #2065304
03/21/17 02:09 PM
03/21/17 02:09 PM
The Boonies a.k.a. Pickens cou...
300gr Offline
8 point
300gr  Offline
8 point
The Boonies a.k.a. Pickens cou...
The prodigal son and the way Peter acted give us all hope. He will always be there to welcome us back if we repent.
Peter lied to Jesus when he said he would never deny him.Peter did deny him. But it's obvious he repented and was accepted back.
The prodigal son son wanted to live his life as HE wanted. He had worldly desires which would have been disastrous for him except he realized the error of his ways and repented. Both came back before it was too late.

Last edited by 300gr; 03/21/17 02:10 PM.

Two roads diverged in the woods and I took the one with deep ruts,hills and mud.It may be bumpy but WHAT A RIDE!
Re: Backsliding from your faith [Re: MarksOutdoors] #2065324
03/21/17 02:28 PM
03/21/17 02:28 PM
Eclectic
DoeNut Offline
8 point
DoeNut  Offline
8 point
Eclectic
Yup, been there and done that. Was raised in church until 12 when my father quit going so I did too. Even while serving on the honor guard and attending many funerals I walked past many doors that He opened for me. It was not until I met my second, current and favorite wife and she asked if I would go to church with her did the change begin. Everytime I thought that I got it and was feeling good about myself, the Lord humbled me. When I surrendered, I realized that my heart is so light when not burdened with my struggle to make it on my own. And when I went on the Walk to Emmaus last year and experienced Agape love I was overwhelmed and long to be close to Jesus always. I pray that I will always walk through the doors he opens for me.

Re: Backsliding from your faith [Re: MarksOutdoors] #2065752
03/22/17 02:35 AM
03/22/17 02:35 AM
Old Florida
Geno Offline
Booner
Geno  Offline
Booner
Old Florida
I never backslid that I am aware of but there were 200 or so belief systems in the area where I grew up. All of them seemed to hate each other and none of them other than the Buddhists were nice to everyone. Of course, they practice a philosophy and not a religion.

I remain unaffiliated and am amazed every day that anyone would pay someone else to tell them how to live their life. I do give a few coins to the orange clad monks if they have a can out - they do good work.

Whoever is happy will make others happy too. Anne Frank
Re: Backsliding from your faith [Re: MarksOutdoors] #2065870
03/22/17 04:19 AM
03/22/17 04:19 AM
Arab/Stevenson AL
Recurve Offline
10 point
Recurve  Offline
10 point
Arab/Stevenson AL
I did. Started partying at a young age and made a lot of mistakes. Drove as drunk as I could plenty of times. Then in Atlanta in 2009 at the Bama/VT game, I series of events transpired that put me where I am now. Basically, I left the game and went to Hard Rock Café with 10 of my buddies. I was pretty drunk, but still had my wits about me. There was a race that weekend as well as some other event so the place was packed. I was planning on running down the street and getting a hotel that night. But, one of the waiters lost my debit card. I didn’t carry a credit card or any other form of payment so I complained enough and they gave me the meal free. One thing I left out is my buddies had already left. I told them I would find it and they were drunk so they didn’t think to stay around. Dumb move on all our parts. Anyway, I walked out of HR and tried to call my buddies but my phone died in the middle of the call and I didn’t know where they were staying. I either had to sleep in my truck in downtown Atlanta or try to drive back to Birmingham. So, I decided to drive back to Birmingham. My phone was dead so I didn’t have GPS and not being familiar with Atlanta I took a wrong turn and ended up on the wrong interstate. I realized it and was just looking for a turn around. I was also going through one of their speed traps and looked behind me and had blue lights. I wasn’t flying, but was going 70 (hey I thought I was doing great) and thought I was obeying the speed limit. Long story short, I ended up in a ghetto Atlanta jail on a weekend. The jail phones wouldn’t call outside of a radius enough to get in touch with my parents so I had to call a bondsman who called my parents.

Fast forward to April 2014 and I have thankfully moved back to my home town and was dating a girl. I had bought an engagement ring. She was good looking and a teacher. We had already planned the engagement party and all that when I found out some things about her. I won’t go into too much detail, but there is a confirmed video out there. I confronted her about it and she showed no remorse. It wasn’t “I made a terrible mistake and I’m sorry.” Given there was no remorse I had to break it off. Fast forward to August and my dad was getting some weird test results back from a recent physical. He went to Huntsville Hospital for more test and we got the feared news that it was an incurable form of cancer. This is a man who has never been sick in his life. We were devastated. It’s not enough that it was cancer, it was he has cancer and it will kill him one day. Granted, with God’s grace he knocked it into complete remission in only 4 months of treatment. Fast forward to the next month, September. I get called into my boss’ office and he tells me they are making cuts to my department. I have only been there 8 months so I am first on the chopping block. So basically, a DUI in September 2013, break up of epic proportions, dad diagnosed with cancer, and losing my job. All within a year.

It was a tough. But, in the middle of all that, a friend of mine called me around the first of July 2014. She told me she had a friend home for the summer from UAB she wanted me to meet. I had just gone through what was the worst break up of my life so I wasn’t too happy about the idea. She said “no she went through a breakup of a 5 year relationship around the same time you did so she isn’t interested in dating either. Her condo in Vestavia flooded though so she’s home with nothing to do. I just thought you 2 could hang out with us so you’ll both have something to do and not feel like a 3rd wheel.” We went out on July 19 on 2014 and have been together ever since. We are getting married on May 27 of this year (she is pictured below). She is a girl of very strong faith and God put her in my life at a time I needed that. I know that isn’t the greatest testimony anyone has ever heard, but it amazes me to think back about how things transpired in my life. It was a situation where I definitely deserved to be given up on…but He didn’t give up on me and blessed me in the middle of a storm.

It’s funny, after the DUI I rededicated my life. Shortly after rededicating my life I ran into all those problems. I remember praying to God, and asking him what the deal was. I rededicated my life and now I’m getting gut punch after gut punch. Then I got back in my bible and read about Job and remembered that sometimes He allows us to be tested in ways that we don’t understand. It isn’t that I didn’t deserve all that, I knew I wasn’t blameless. But, I had a stupid view of what a life dedicated to Christ was like. Luckily the instruction manual says it won’t be easy. I remembered what my pastor grandfather told me, “He promises us the land of milk and honey, but he doesn’t promise us we won’t have to milk a cow or fight off a few bees.” I knew during that time that I had been whipped. I realized after getting angry that I had to go through all of this that God wanted a better reaction. So, I prayed. I realized people in my own community were hurting from situations much worse than what I had experienced. A lot of them, don’t have a Bible to read and find peace in the promise. Not only did I pray, I got involved. Make no mistake, I came out strong from these experiences because of God. I know people who aren’t of faith make it through tough times without asking God for help. I don’t know how I would have made it through. For the first time I rested on my faith and trusted God.

I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There�s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts. � Ronald Reagan
Re: Backsliding from your faith [Re: MarksOutdoors] #2065873
03/22/17 04:22 AM
03/22/17 04:22 AM
Gurley, Alabama
S
Standbanger Offline
12 point
Standbanger  Offline
12 point
S
Gurley, Alabama
Put your faith in the Power of The Lord not the power of man and things in your life will change

Re: Backsliding from your faith [Re: MarksOutdoors] #2065881
03/22/17 04:35 AM
03/22/17 04:35 AM
Past Ol’ man Finley’s plac...
Southwood7 Offline
Booner
Southwood7  Offline
Booner
Past Ol’ man Finley’s plac...
Recurve, Thanks for sharing your testimony. I am so encouraged when I read other believers stories like yours.

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Job 33:4
Re: Backsliding from your faith [Re: Recurve] #2065884
03/22/17 04:38 AM
03/22/17 04:38 AM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline OP
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline OP
Booner
M
Chilton County
“He promises us the land of milk and honey, but he doesn’t promise us we won’t have to milk a cow or fight off a few bees.”

Awesome testimony and quote.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Backsliding from your faith [Re: MarksOutdoors] #2065922
03/22/17 05:11 AM
Arab/Stevenson AL
Recurve Offline
10 point
Recurve  Offline
10 point
Arab/Stevenson AL
Originally Posted By: MarksOutdoors
“He promises us the land of milk and honey, but he doesn’t promise us we won’t have to milk a cow or fight off a few bees.”

Awesome testimony and quote.

Thanks. He was a heck of man. I'm fortunate to have had his example although I didn't always follow it. He passed 2008 and the last words he said to the EMT as he was loading him up was "the higher the mountain, the greater the victory." He had a lot of wisdom that came from faith and a lot of tragedy. His son was killed in a car wreck 2 years after returning from Vietnam, and 4 years later my grandmother was diagnosed with lymphoma in stage 4 (she beat it and passed away in 2000). He's lost 2 brothers to cancer. All of that time going through what I did I always remembered the grace he handled life with.

I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There�s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts. � Ronald Reagan
Re: Backsliding from your faith [Re: Southwood7] #2065923
Arab/Stevenson AL
Recurve Offline
10 point
Recurve  Offline
10 point
Arab/Stevenson AL
Originally Posted By: Southwood7
Recurve, Thanks for sharing your testimony. I am so encouraged when I read other believers stories like yours.

Thanks, South. I've always been told having a boring testimony is a good thing...I'm just glad mine wasn't more exciting. haha

Re: Backsliding from your faith [Re: MarksOutdoors] #2065935
03/22/17 05:23 AM
03/22/17 05:23 AM
Over Yonder
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Over Yonder

Great testimony, Recurve. And you outkicked your coverage, obviously. laugh

Atlanta ghetto jail, eh? How was that?

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Backsliding from your faith [Re: Clem] #2065966
03/22/17 05:51 AM
03/22/17 05:51 AM
Arab/Stevenson AL
Recurve Offline
10 point
Recurve  Offline
10 point
Arab/Stevenson AL
Originally Posted By: Clem

Great testimony, Recurve. And you outkicked your coverage, obviously. laugh

Atlanta ghetto jail, eh? How was that?

See I guess I was wrong...I always tell people she outkicked hers! haha slap

It was rough man. I felt like I was in gen pop at Sing Sing. Nah, I didn't have any trouble...I told one of the guys I was in because I pistol whipped an officer with his gun and fought off 2 others. I wasn't in long but wanted them to know I was dangerous. lol In all seriousness, it was an experience I won't forget. There were some characters in there and we were all in a big room. The troublemakers were all in separate rooms so I really didn't have any problems. Didn't make it any less of a bad experience though. The worst part was my parents picking me up. I got off easy though. My parents shouldn't have, but paid a lot of money for the best attorney they could find. He got it moved from city to Fulton county where they're overworked with serious offenders. They had 2 years to file charges according to the state of GA. They filed them at 3:30 the afternoon of the last day to file. The next March was my court date. Found out the officer had quit and moved to Ohio. I was in the courtroom 5 min and they called my name. My attorney said he would like the charges dropped because of statue yada yada and the judge signed off on it. 2 years of worrying though.

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.