</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Coon dogs.
by Lonster. 04/25/24 12:17 AM
WTB .22 LR Bolt Action
by Cuz-Pat. 04/23/24 09:19 PM
Iso Henry Golden boy
by AustinC. 04/23/24 08:32 PM
Basketball goal.... Free
by longshot. 04/23/24 06:18 PM
FS: Henry Single Shot
by Ron A.. 04/23/24 05:41 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/21/24 08:10 PM
Taxidermist called
by Mbrock. 04/21/24 04:58 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
6 registered members (brushwhacker, OlTimer, Tree Dweller, Gulfcoast, Forrestgump1, hallb), 512 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: timbercruiser] #2031599
02/18/17 05:39 AM
02/18/17 05:39 AM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
Originally Posted By: timbercruiser
Get ready for the tags in a few years.

Maybe a few years but I doubt that long.

And for the lifetime license holders and the "entitlement program" people, we will have to purchase the tags. When you bought those lifetime license and thought you were through purchasing for life, guess what?

Since I am not required to have a license (at this point), IF tags come and at a cost, the lifetime license for me will have been a bad purchase.

Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: Skinny] #2031604
02/18/17 05:49 AM
02/18/17 05:49 AM
Prattville Al.
C
capehorn24 Offline
10 point
capehorn24  Offline
10 point
C
Prattville Al.
Ok PCP, deer season is 4 months long 3 bucks and prettt much all the does you care to put in a cooler, where is the issue with government?

Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: crenshawco] #2031614
02/18/17 06:05 AM
02/18/17 06:05 AM
Alabama
J
jmj120 Offline
10 point
jmj120  Offline
10 point
J
Alabama
Originally Posted By: crenshawco
Hell no. He doesn't have the stones to stand up to the torching he'd get here. The poor biologists from the state can't even make it trying to stand up for the ridiculous decisions he's forcing on us

One of his employees has been on the facebook deer hunting page defending little Chucky.

Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: Skinny] #2031619
02/18/17 06:14 AM
02/18/17 06:14 AM
Elmore County
Frankie Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
so ,,,, i gotta ask !!!!!

what percentage of the population was killed . rofl

Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: Frankie] #2031652
02/18/17 07:20 AM
02/18/17 07:20 AM
Jefferson
F
Fun4all Offline
10 point
Fun4all  Offline
10 point
F
Jefferson
Originally Posted By: Frankie
so ,,,, i gotta ask !!!!!

what percentage of the population was killed . rofl

Ooooo ooooo oooo, can I answer, can I answer PLEASE????

Let's see, we take a guess at the number of deer we estimate were alive sometime during in the past year, then we make a guess at the percentage of people that we think used the Government MANDATED Game Check system to check dead deer, then we guess at some random number of bucks and does that were killed, then extrapolate that out to a highly accurate scientific specific number of random guessed at BS and call that a rousing success of nothing!! Woohoo, let's pat ourselves on our backs for doing absolutely noting while the PEASANTS grovel at our feet wanting more of the same!!!!

Did that answer the question?????? NO? Well then we need more guessing and estimating and regulations and chicanery to keep the peasants blinded by the tomfoolery!! Way to go Chucky!!

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: capehorn24] #2031666
02/18/17 07:53 AM
02/18/17 07:53 AM
Sylacauga, AL
poorcountrypreacher Offline
Booner
poorcountrypreacher  Offline
Booner
Sylacauga, AL
Originally Posted By: capehorn24
Ok PCP, deer season is 4 months long 3 bucks and prettt much all the does you care to put in a cooler, where is the issue with government?

That's a fair question; our regulations are not yet nearly as onerous as those of many other states. I was so against the buck limit because it was obviously the first step to the end of the AL system of wildlife management. I would define that system as one in which the state allowed generous seasons and limits in the hope that landowners would have the incentive to truly manage their land for wildlife. It worked extremely well, and we had the largest turkey harvest of any state and a whole lot of deer. Voluntary qdm had already resulted in more does being killed than bucks. There was no good reason to change that system. I remember that BSK said he had some wealthy clients that wanted to buy land in AL because it was the one state that really allowed the landowner to manage the deer on their property.

But we got the limit anyway. One of the committee members said it was a good first step. Voluntary GC was the next step, then mandatory GC. I've never heard our current director even once acknowledge the role of landowners in wildlife management. He seems to see it as a zero sum game where wildlife populations will be the same regardless of the rules, and it's up to him to decide who does what.

We are now about a decade into this change in philosophy and the result is a much smaller deer harvest, and we are once again killing more bucks than does. Who would have favored buck limits if you knew this would be the result?

But as I said earlier, the director's comments concern me far more than his actions. My fear is that we ain't seen nothing yet. Who knows what new regulations he dreams of at night? smile

Last edited by poorcountrypreacher; 02/18/17 07:54 AM.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: Skinny] #2031686
02/18/17 08:32 AM
02/18/17 08:32 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there

Aw, c'mon now PCP. This is progress! PROGRESS!

Don't you feel all tingly about helping be progressive? You should be ecstatic about the monumental 35% participation rate and success of GC. Thirty five percent, man! Maybe, they think. Possibly. Could be less, of course. Because WTH knows? And no one needs more than three bucks or a few does. Why the hell should you be greedy and take more than one "nice" buck a season? And remember, someone on here this season believed the state "doe limit" was five because that's how many lines were available on the "harvest" record. That's progressive movement, man! Getting people on board with all these progressive management changes and mandates ... you should be ashamed to not be on pins and needles about the future.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #2031707
02/18/17 09:00 AM
02/18/17 09:00 AM
A
Atoler Offline
14 point
Atoler  Offline
14 point
A
Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

That's a fair question; our regulations are not yet nearly as onerous as those of many other states. I was so against the buck limit because it was obviously the first step to the end of the AL system of wildlife management. I would define that system as one in which the state allowed generous seasons and limits in the hope that landowners would have the incentive to truly manage their land for wildlife. It worked extremely well, and we had the largest turkey harvest of any state and a whole lot of deer. Voluntary qdm had already resulted in more does being killed than bucks. There was no good reason to change that system. I remember that BSK said he had some wealthy clients that wanted to buy land in AL because it was the one state that really allowed the landowner to manage the deer on their property.

But we got the limit anyway. One of the committee members said it was a good first step. Voluntary GC was the next step, then mandatory GC. I've never heard our current director even once acknowledge the role of landowners in wildlife management. He seems to see it as a zero sum game where wildlife populations will be the same regardless of the rules, and it's up to him to decide who does what.

We are now about a decade into this change in philosophy and the result is a much smaller deer harvest, and we are once again killing more bucks than does. Who would have favored buck limits if you knew this would be the result?

But as I said earlier, the director's comments concern me far more than his actions. My fear is that we ain't seen nothing yet. Who knows what new regulations he dreams of at night? smile

Here is my issue. You are making statements about harvest and hunting in this state as if they are facts, when really it's all guesses. Every statement you made is individual perception and or guesstimated numbers. No one really knows whether our turkey population is one of the largest, whether we kill more bucks than does, or just how many deer we had in 2000. Is game check the answer? I don't know.

Here is what I do know. Neither one of these models will work well for everyone.

A. We manage our shared wildlife resources by individuals. This means backing off all regulations to the bare minimum to sustain some wildlife and letting the individual do whatever they want. My issue with this, is the rich are the only ones that can achieve their personal goals. Hunting will start taking the shape of Western Europe

Or

B. We allow the state to manage the shared wildlife resource. Two problems with this. They don't have a clue as to what they are actually managing (see my statement about guesses images). Secondly, there are no checks and balances in place to make sure their actions are in line with what the majority desires.

What's the solution? A state run wildlife agency, with accurate numbers and information to base decisions off of, whose leaders are elected by hunting license holders. In that format, a community resource can be regulated, within the desires of the people enjoying it.

Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: Skinny] #2031709
02/18/17 09:03 AM
02/18/17 09:03 AM
Kennedy, al
G
globe Offline
Booner
globe  Offline
Booner
G
Kennedy, al
No way it's 35%. If my life depended on it I'd say 20%. No offense to anyone, but if you think it's close to being 50%,60%, or higher, then you don't get out much.
I'd say there was 400,000+ deer killed this year easy. I know I live in an area where people love to hunt and WE kill a LOT of deer, but I can't imagine other areas are void of deer.
It's a joke of a guesstimate........

Everything woke turns to shucks
Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #2031711
02/18/17 09:04 AM
02/18/17 09:04 AM
A
Atoler Offline
14 point
Atoler  Offline
14 point
A
Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

On another note, with hunting leases going for a higher rate than we've ever seen in the past, I'd say that landowners have the most incentive currently to manage for wildlife. One thing that we have to consider with the Charles Kelly model, is the amount of corporate owned land now vs then. $10/acre is a great incentive for a small landowner to manage according to wildlife, but it's only a drop in the bucket for a timber company with other goals.

Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: Atoler] #2031721
02/18/17 09:11 AM
02/18/17 09:11 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
Quote:
A. We manage our shared wildlife resources by individuals. This means backing off all regulations to the bare minimum to sustain some wildlife and letting the individual do whatever they want. My issue with this, is the rich are the only ones that can achieve their personal goals. Hunting will start taking the shape of Western Europe

We basically had this for decades: minimal regulations, landowners/hunters managing within the state's laws/regs/guidelines, and it worked well. People were happy and it worked well for turkeys and deer. Argue about it if you wish, but hunter satisfaction was strong.

Then the Management-Trophy crowd got going stronger and began nonstop with the "that chit's outdated, old, won't work, doesn't work, can't work, man can't run this and the pros need to do it, don't keep doing this, we need bigger deer, need real hunting and management" and they got their people in the right places to get what they wanted and what we have now.

We didn't have hunting anarchy. We didn't have "rich European" hunting.

But we have what we have now, so unless the common man gets changes made (unlikely) then we'll move along with it.

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: Skinny] #2031723
02/18/17 09:16 AM
02/18/17 09:16 AM
J
jallencrockett Offline
8 point
jallencrockett  Offline
8 point
J
Every processor I talked to said they were down HUNDREDS of deer processed !!!

I tried to download Gamecheck but my phone didn't have enough memory to complete download and installation. I had the choice of deleting photos of my children or deleting other installations that I use to stay in contact with my children. In the end I did not download gamecheck because of its excessive memory requirements.

Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: Clem] #2031744
02/18/17 09:53 AM
02/18/17 09:53 AM
A
Atoler Offline
14 point
Atoler  Offline
14 point
A
Originally Posted By: Clem
Quote:

We basically had this for decades: minimal regulations, landowners/hunters managing within the state's laws/regs/guidelines, and it worked well. People were happy and it worked well for turkeys and deer. Argue about it if you wish, but hunter satisfaction was strong.

Then the Management-Trophy crowd got going stronger and began nonstop with the "that chit's outdated, old, won't work, doesn't work, can't work, man can't run this and the pros need to do it, don't keep doing this, we need bigger deer, need real hunting and management" and they got their people in the right places to get what they wanted and what we have now.

We didn't have hunting anarchy. We didn't have "rich European" hunting.

But we have what we have now, so unless the common man gets changes made (unlikely) then we'll move along with it.

The time that it was a near free for all, is when the majority of the damage to the population was done. The 40 years prior to that, doe harvest was regulated county by county. That affects people like me a lot. Didn't make a whole lot of difference to my friend who leases 4500 acres with 6 other people.

Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: Skinny] #2031799
02/18/17 12:09 PM
02/18/17 12:09 PM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
OK. Glad we're progressive now. Everything is rainbows and unicorns, and the Management-Trophy Crowd is in charge. The future will be incredible.

Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: Skinny] #2031820
02/18/17 01:01 PM
02/18/17 01:01 PM
Land of the free because of th...
mike35549 Offline
12 point
mike35549  Offline
12 point
Land of the free because of th...
I would guess 20-25 percent of the deer kills was reported. Which is a dang shame. I put those people that didn't report there kills in the same boat as spotlighters, people that kill over 3 bucks. and folks that hunt over corn. They are all against the law. I don't think you should pick and choose which and just follow the ones you like. If it is going to me mandatory then it should be enforced. Game wardens should be at processing places and checking folks when they show up and when They come to pick up there meat.

If you're gonna be stupid you better be tough.
Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: Clem] #2031821
02/18/17 01:02 PM
02/18/17 01:02 PM
Jefferson
F
Fun4all Offline
10 point
Fun4all  Offline
10 point
F
Jefferson
Originally Posted By: Clem
OK. Glad we're progressive now. Everything is rainbows and unicorns, and the Management-Trophy Crowd is in charge. The future will be incredible.

Next steps, tags and feeders, because we can't manage people without them and people are too dumb or lazy to learn how to hunt, but that's the progressive way!

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: mike35549] #2031831
02/18/17 01:08 PM
02/18/17 01:08 PM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
Originally Posted By: mike35549
I would guess 20-25 percent of the deer kills was reported. Which is a dang shame. I put those people that didn't report there kills in the same boat as spotlighters, people that kill over 3 bucks. and folks that hunt over corn. They are all against the law. I don't think you should pick and choose which and just follow the ones you like. If it is going to me mandatory then it should be enforced. Game wardens should be at processing places and checking folks when they show up and when They come to pick up there meat.

Well, I spotlight and hunt over corn. Both legally. How does that put me in an illegal activity group?

Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: mike35549] #2031853
02/18/17 01:36 PM
02/18/17 01:36 PM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
Quote:
Game wardens should be at processing places and checking folks when they show up and when They come to pick up there meat.

When this happens, processors will raise hell to legislators or close. Or both.

Do police go to mechanic shops to check on drivers' insurance and licenses? No.

Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: Skinny] #2031868
02/18/17 01:42 PM
02/18/17 01:42 PM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there

I love how we ended the season at 5:54 pm (if I recall right) on Feb. 10, and the 48-hour reporting window ended at the same time on Feb. 12.

And here we are six days later will deer still being added to the "harvest" total on the GC site. It has increased every day since the 48-hour window ended.

Re: Game Check Press Release [Re: Skinny] #2031929
02/18/17 02:39 PM
02/18/17 02:39 PM
Moss Creek
Gotcha1 Offline
Bright Eyes
Gotcha1  Offline
Bright Eyes
Moss Creek
Dammit. Y'all pick one of the afore mentioned topics and let's work on it. My head is spinning.

Matt Brock wears knock-off Crocs.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.