</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Looking for Lowrance Ghost or 24v Ultrex
by bradbathome. 03/28/24 08:17 PM
Turkey loads/decoy
by Rem870s2. 03/28/24 04:41 PM
Wtb Browning 300 Mag
by desertdog. 03/28/24 03:36 PM
WTB Chevy 1500
by Okalona. 03/28/24 07:44 AM
Iso ruger american ranch
by AustinC. 03/27/24 08:20 PM
Serious Deer Talk
The Hollywood Buck.
by Mbrock. 03/28/24 08:56 PM
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by SEWoodsWhitetail. 03/28/24 10:45 AM
High Fencing
by RareBreed. 03/26/24 10:45 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by TensawRiver. 03/26/24 01:26 PM
What makes you happy?
by Fishduck. 03/26/24 10:25 AM
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
West Jefferson County hunting club
by Jmfire722. 03/18/24 08:36 AM
Western Ky farm
by todd w. 03/15/24 01:23 PM
Information on bibb county hunting club
by quickshot. 03/10/24 01:46 PM
Hunting Club
by Hibby. 03/08/24 04:34 PM
Mississippi club
by Gobl4me. 03/07/24 09:55 PM
Who's Online Now
43 registered members (sw1002, WhoMe, jaydub12, IDOT, slipperyrock, desertdog, Mjh97, AUdeer88, SEWoodsWhitetail, RareBreed, BCLC, Turkey_neck, Hunting-231, TamaDrumhead, CAL, Turkey, JustHunt, Claims Rep., MTeague, Tupi, BAR II .270, Bowhunter2011, jake44, RidgeRanger, Gunner211, doublefistful, phinfan, timberwolfe, Paxamus, Deerslayer33, Mack1, Birdman83, Jmkiper, jake5050, BREEZE1, headshot1, 7 invisible), 341 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #1978170
01/04/17 03:59 PM
01/04/17 03:59 PM
Over Yonder
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Over Yonder

I don't know Chuck Sykes from Adam's housecat. But I don't believe he is the sole reason all these things are happening and isn't the singular driving force behind them.

Remember, just like with the president or a governor, that person can do a few things on his own or pull a few levers here and there. But Congress-Legislatures and the backroom deals by power brokers and money-men often drive the train.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: ikillbux] #1978175
01/04/17 04:04 PM
01/04/17 04:04 PM
Alabama
W
whack-n-stack Offline
Booner
whack-n-stack  Offline
Booner
W
Alabama
Originally Posted By: ikillbux

rofl Y'all questioning Chuck Sykes again!!!

Dude's an ELITE level deer manager. I've concluded y'all aren't againt Chuck Sykes, you're against deer management.

I got a pair of knee pads I'll sell ya for $10. They're comfortable for a solid 8 hours.

Anyways, I'm all for govt being reduced. Unless it's ALDOT. Personally, I've seen more game around in the last 4 years than I ever have. Could be a result of the DCNR, or they are just capitalizing on it. But no matter where credit is due, a witch hunt always is the more entertaining option.

Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #1978179
01/04/17 04:06 PM
Luverne, AL
Skinny Offline
GUVNER
Skinny  Offline
GUVNER
Luverne, AL
I will use the terminology that the DCNR likes to use.

"User-Groups" - that is the term they use to describe the various aspects of the public they (the DCNR) deals with. i.e. Dog Hunters, Duck Hunters, Landowner deer hunters, Trophy Deer Hunters, Meat deer hunters, Bass fisherman, Hog Hunters, Hog-Dog Hunters, Nature walkers, Bird Watchers, etc... those are "User-Groups"

It is very obvious that under the Chuck Sykes administration a wide variety of different "User-Groups" are pissed-off at how things are being run right now.

Never Trust Government

"You can be broke but you cant be poor." Ruthie-May Webster
Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: crenshawco] #1978181
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted By: crenshawco

Dude's an ELITE level deer manager. I've concluded y'all aren't againt Chuck Sykes, you're against deer management.

I think for the most part your assessment is correct. Most folks don't want or need the government telling them how to manage their land and it's resources. You keep on rocking the dream that Chuckie is going to make Bama the next Pike Co. IL though.

Most folks think a track with dew claws is a "buck track", and clumped poop is "buck poop". So let's pump the brakes on pounding our chests.

And I boldly disagree with this correlation that attempting to manage a herd for better sex and age distribution is equivalent to "trying to make Alabama (fill in Midwest state)". Come on y'all, that's the worst straw man argument out there.

Last edited by ikillbux; 01/04/17 04:07 PM.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.
Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #1978208
01/04/17 04:21 PM
01/04/17 04:21 PM
A
Atoler Offline
14 point
Atoler  Offline
14 point
A

There are might be better ways to govern our dcnr, but doing away with it is absolutely ignorant.

Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: NightHunter] #1978220
01/04/17 04:29 PM
01/04/17 04:29 PM
Sylacauga, AL
poorcountrypreacher Offline OP
Booner
poorcountrypreacher  Offline OP
Booner
Sylacauga, AL
Originally Posted By: NightHunter
popcorn

The war on drugs to the war on no safety vests. I see this ending well...

Carry on thumbup

Interesting analogy. smile

Nixon started the war on drugs and used the full force of government. I think most anyone will agree its been a miserable failure. I'm not aware of the war on safety vests, but I'd assume that is a libertarian idea and the libertarians have already lost that one, so another failed war.

But, there is good news of a successful war! The War to Make Me Get a Permit to Invite Some Friends Over to My Property To Follow Our Squirrel Dogs Thru the Woods With No Guns has been a rousing success. Congratulations on your latest victory! smile

Mr. Sykes has a new column out about GC. In it, he says that there were 2 groups against GC - those who were misinformed, and those who would never be happy with anything. He said he could put a buck behind every tree and these would complain that there wasn't enough trees. Clem and 2Dogs, I'm pretty sure he was talking about you guys. smile So apparently, there is no legitimate reason to oppose any of his ideas because all of them are awesome.

Here it is for your reading enlightenment:

http://www.alafarmnews.com/index.php/from-wildlife-and-freshwater-fisheries

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: ikillbux] #1978230
01/04/17 04:34 PM
01/04/17 04:34 PM
A
Atoler Offline
14 point
Atoler  Offline
14 point
A

I think for the most part your assessment is correct. Most folks don't want or need the government telling them how to manage their land and it's resources. You keep on rocking the dream that Chuckie is going to make Bama the next Pike Co. IL though.

Most folks think a track with dew claws is a "buck track", and clumped poop is "buck poop". So let's pump the brakes on pounding our chests.

And I boldly disagree with this correlation that attempting to manage a herd for better sex and age distribution is equivalent to "trying to make Alabama (fill in Midwest state)". Come on y'all, that's the worst straw man argument out there.

Im in the same boat as you. Kind of at a loss as to how this administration is trying to create the Midwest. To my knowledge the only major changes they've implemented are 100yd corn rule, extra days in February, game check, and doe days in a few north Alabama counties. Two of those four rules create more freedom than hunters previously had. I haven't heard many people complain about the doe days in north Bama, I understand they need it for the most part, excluding a few areas like 257's. So, it seems that what people are really pissed off about is game check. They would rather have no government, but if they are forced to have one, they want it throwing darts at a board.

Side note, I've heard no complaints about the dcnr out of anyone "in person", except for the February rule and that corn should be completely legalized. The second, is in the legislators hands as I understand it.

Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: centralala] #1978233
01/04/17 04:38 PM
Alabama
J
jmj120 Offline
10 point
jmj120  Offline
10 point
J
Alabama
Originally Posted By: centralala
Originally Posted By: jmj120
I just want Chuck gone. He's let this power go to the head. Like he's a dictator.

This sums it up.

Tonight I will resubscribe to AFOA!

Yeah. I think I'm going to join also.

Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: Atoler] #1978234
Sylacauga, AL
Booner
Booner
Sylacauga, AL
Originally Posted By: Atoler

There are might be better ways to govern our dcnr, but doing away with it is absolutely ignorant.

I disagree with you, but that's the beauty of aldeer; everyone can express their opinion.

With the plan that I have proposed - seasons set by a Board elected by license holders, there is no way that our deer herd would have been allowed to be wiped out the way it has in some AL areas. Hunters who have been insisting for years that the 2 doe a day limit is insanity would have been heard and changes would have already been made in those areas. There would have been no need for something like GC; elected Reps would have had to listen to their people or get voted out.

We certainly need a state agency to manage the parks and such, but putting the power to actually govern into the hands of duly elected representatives is not as radical of an idea as some seem to think. I would argue that its the type of government that we were supposed to have all along; not a system controlled by unelected bureaucrats.

Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #1978240
01/04/17 04:41 PM
01/04/17 04:41 PM
Alabama
W
whack-n-stack Offline
Booner
whack-n-stack  Offline
Booner
W
Alabama
The big talking point is "navigable", when it comes to the recent EPA cases.

The state has some good property held for hunting. The natnl forests are icing on the cake. If the state/dcnr wants to bring in more revenue, bring in more tourism. Play the dumb kuntry card and let people pay $1000+ for a weekend to laugh about.

Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: NightHunter] #1978259
01/04/17 04:55 PM
01/04/17 04:55 PM
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
jawbone Offline
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline
Freak of Nature
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
popcorn

Carry on thumbup

Interesting analogy. One of the biggest mistakes Reagan made was using the term "War on Drugs". The reason it was a mistake is because you never enter into a war that you know will have no end. Wars are supposed to have definitive endings, with one side winning and one side losing. Same for "The war On Terrorism". Terrorism isn't going to end short of the Second Coming. Poor terminology by the leaders at that time.

Does this analogy mean we can't beat the DCNR? We have to accept and like the decisions handed down by Mr. Sykes and the CAB? I don't think so. I think that with the right voices behind us, we can work for more representation for the common-man hunter.

Personally, I would just like to be convinced the changes are for the better before they make them.

For the record, I support mandatory Orange regs.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: Atoler] #1978318
01/04/17 05:18 PM
01/04/17 05:18 PM
Luverne, AL
Skinny Offline
GUVNER
Skinny  Offline
GUVNER
Luverne, AL

I are agree with you.

Never Trust Government

"You can be broke but you cant be poor." Ruthie-May Webster
Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #1978341
01/04/17 05:30 PM
01/04/17 05:30 PM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
I am not against anybody shooting any deer they want to kill any time they want to kill it. I simply want a better age and sex structure statewide, and that's just not compatible with the former. Can't have both.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.
Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: ikillbux] #1978351
01/04/17 05:37 PM
01/04/17 05:37 PM
dothan
eskimo270 Offline
10 point
eskimo270  Offline
10 point
dothan

there are some who would question why they are managing for better sex and age distribution since the legislature has made it clear that this is not part of their responsibility.

Super Predator
Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: Atoler] #1978365
01/04/17 05:44 PM
01/04/17 05:44 PM
dothan
eskimo270 Offline
10 point
eskimo270  Offline
10 point
dothan

Kind of at a loss as to how this administration is trying to create the Midwest.

It's been several years, but some members of the cab have justified their position on some of the changes they have made by commenting that it is a shame that Alabama hunters have to go out west to kill a 150" buck and that it is their responsibility to make Alabama like those Midwestern states.

Super Predator
Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #1978372
01/04/17 05:51 PM
01/04/17 05:51 PM
A
Atoler Offline
14 point
Atoler  Offline
14 point
A
Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

I disagree with you, but that's the beauty of aldeer; everyone can express their opinion.

With the plan that I have proposed - seasons set by a Board elected by license holders, there is no way that our deer herd would have been allowed to be wiped out the way it has in some AL areas. Hunters who have been insisting for years that the 2 doe a day limit is insanity would have been heard and changes would have already been made in those areas. There would have been no need for something like GC; elected Reps would have had to listen to their people or get voted out.

We certainly need a state agency to manage the parks and such, but putting the power to actually govern into the hands of duly elected representatives is not as radical of an idea as some seem to think. I would argue that its the type of government that we were supposed to have all along; not a system controlled by unelected bureaucrats.

Sounds like you are actually agreeing with me lol. We need some form of governing body, because as history proves, we wipe the game out without it. Your suggestion is one of several potemtial ways to structure that governing body.....

Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #1978388
01/04/17 05:59 PM
01/04/17 05:59 PM
Tuscaloosa Co.
N
N2TRKYS Offline
Booner
N2TRKYS  Offline
Booner
N
Tuscaloosa Co.

Management by popular opinion is fine, as long as it's good for the sustainability of the resources. Once that opinion goes against that sustainability, then there's problems.

83% of all statistics are made up.

Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: jawbone] #1978399
01/04/17 06:13 PM
Holly Pond, AL
NightHunter Offline
10 point
NightHunter  Offline
10 point
Holly Pond, AL
Originally Posted By: jawbone
popcorn

Carry on thumbup

Interesting analogy. One of the biggest mistakes Reagan made was using the term "War on Drugs". The reason it was a mistake is because you never enter into a war that you know will have no end. Wars are supposed to have definitive endings, with one side winning and one side losing. Same for "The war On Terrorism". Terrorism isn't going to end short of the Second Coming. Poor terminology by the leaders at that time.

Does this analogy mean we can't beat the DCNR? We have to accept and like the decisions handed down by Mr. Sykes and the CAB? I don't think so. I think that with the right voices behind us, we can work for more representation for the common-man hunter.

Personally, I would just like to be convinced the changes are for the better before they make them.

For the record, I support mandatory Orange regs.

I wasn't referring to the DCNR. I was making light of the fact you all want to abolish the DCNR and traditional LE forces- Trooper, Sheriff, Local Municipalities are the ones waging wars on drugs, texting, speeding, seat belts but y'all want them to enforce game laws/management. Just saying...

And by waging wars, I mean doing their primary duties...

I'm out. I have nothing else educated or otherwise to add.

Last edited by NightHunter; 01/04/17 06:30 PM.
Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #1978400
Right Behind You
W
William Offline
Booner
William  Offline
Booner
W
Right Behind You
How did we license the right to hunt and fish? How did we allow the state to own and manage our fish and game? Land owners should be allowed to manage their own properties without interference from the state.

Honestly, the regs have gotten so confusing that I don't even try to keep up any more. It's a damn shame what we've let them turn hunting and fishing into.

"The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing... compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."

Joan Robinson
Re: Momentum Builds to Abolish the dcnr [Re: Atoler] #1978410
01/04/17 06:22 PM
01/04/17 06:22 PM
Sylacauga, AL
Booner
Booner
Sylacauga, AL

Sounds like you are actually agreeing with me lol. We need some form of governing body, because as history proves, we wipe the game out without it. Your suggestion is one of several potemtial ways to structure that governing body.....

Indeed, we agree in many ways, and I don't want a move to a European model where the landowner owns the game. The American model is that the People own the game. I just want the People to be able to elect those that set the seasons, and specifically the People who are the "user group" that has an active interest.

I'll admit it's an idea that will likely never happen just as I have presented it, but a year ago I was certain Jeff Sessions would never be the Attorney General. Things can change in America when people start talking about change. Our biggest need is a governor with the desire to lead it.

So who on aldeer wants to run for governor? smile

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.