</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Turkey loads/decoy
by Rem870s2. 03/28/24 04:41 PM
Wtb Browning 300 Mag
by desertdog. 03/28/24 03:36 PM
WTB
by Okalona. 03/28/24 07:44 AM
Iso ruger american ranch
by AustinC. 03/27/24 08:20 PM
Ruger M77 6mm heavy barrel with Nikon Monarch
by bradbathome. 03/27/24 04:42 PM
Serious Deer Talk
The Hollywood Buck.
by Frankie. 03/28/24 04:46 PM
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by SEWoodsWhitetail. 03/28/24 10:45 AM
High Fencing
by RareBreed. 03/26/24 10:45 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by TensawRiver. 03/26/24 01:26 PM
What makes you happy?
by Fishduck. 03/26/24 10:25 AM
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
West Jefferson County hunting club
by Jmfire722. 03/18/24 08:36 AM
Western Ky farm
by todd w. 03/15/24 01:23 PM
Information on bibb county hunting club
by quickshot. 03/10/24 01:46 PM
Hunting Club
by Hibby. 03/08/24 04:34 PM
Mississippi club
by Gobl4me. 03/07/24 09:55 PM
Who's Online Now
121 registered members (dirtwrk, 300gr, J_K, Luxfisher, robinhedd, goodman_hunter, Whitetaillane, JHL, Etyson, Turkey, CrappieMan, duxlayer, gatorbait154, limabean, Buckwheat, Jdkprp70, rrice0725, BCLC, phinfan, CAM, AUjerbear, jwalker77, CNC, lefthorn, Whiskey9, NotsoBright, Scott4Hunting, quailman, Frankie, UA Hunter, cdaddy14, booner, curt99rsv, Ridge Life, ferbama, 3bailey3, mzzy, Possum Hunter, centralala, Calvin, AU7MM08, Okalona, PapaD, Jweeks, RCHRR, 7PTSPREAD, ImThere, Redman3, eclipse829, lpman, Young20, sj22, MS_Hunter, cartervj, square, capehorn24, desertdog, Forrestgump1, Dixiepatriot, Rainbowstew, AustinC, DGAMBLER, AUdeerhunter, AL18, crenshawco, JLMiller, Swamp Monkey, metalmuncher, Paxamus, turfarmer, BamaPlowboy, PastorJack, Andalusia, msims767, Cjunkin, RareBreed, bama_tacoma, bamaeyedoc, farmerjay, Jotjackson, 3Gs, coldtrail, sanderson, Bulls eye, bamacamp, Rem870s2, gregnbc, Narrow Gap, hawndog, BigEd, Sixpointholler, Showout, Big Bore, auman, doc bar, doublefistful, RayDog, jhardy, jbatey1, aubigmac, Paint Rock 00, abolthunter, Lonster, CatfishJunkie, Mbrock, oldforester, HOWTON21, Boathand, Chiller, 12 invisible), 532 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: Gobble4me757] #1828798
08/29/16 08:50 AM
08/29/16 08:50 AM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Online content
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Online Content
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
I wouldn't put it past Saban to just be messing with the other team and making them think that they don't need to scheme against a duel threat QB. I find it odd of him to tip his hand at all....but it may actually be down to those two. Seems a little odd that everyone says that Barnett hasn't done anything to look deserving of the job but he's somehow ahead of Hurts. I wouldn't be surprise to see Hurts early in the game or possibly coming out of half time. Coaches love to come out with new wrinkles after halftime.

The Corn Crash!!!
Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: CNC] #1828806
08/29/16 09:07 AM
08/29/16 09:07 AM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL
Originally Posted By: CNC
I wouldn't put it past Saban to just be messing with the other team and making them think that they don't need to scheme against a duel threat QB. I find it odd of him to tip his hand at all....but it may actually be down to those two. Seems a little odd that everyone says that Barnett hasn't done anything to look deserving of the job but he's somehow ahead of Hurts. I wouldn't be surprise to see Hurts early in the game or possibly coming out of half time. Coaches love to come out with new wrinkles after halftime.

What in Saban's past would make you think he's not being truthful about who the starting and backup qb's are? He's always been pretty straightforward, as I remember.

As for Barnett....the thing is that "everyone" isn't at regular practices. Even the credentialed media only get about a 5-10 minute viewing opportunity during warmups at practice, then they're ushered out. Our fanbase puts WAY too much emphasis on things like A-day, and REC scrimmages. Saban ain't showing anyone a damn thing in situations like that, because he knows it will be plastered all over the internet as it happens, or quickly thereafter. The decisions are made based on what happens during the real practices....not controlled, semi-private scrimmages.

As I posted in the other "Looks like it's Hurts" thread you started....folks need to pump the brakes on him. He's very talented, but he's still a freshman who is operating with a limited playbook and occasionally struggles to get the offense lined up correctly and make reads....you know, the stuff that drives Saban up the wall, but you don't see that in scripted, controlled scrimmages. I have zero doubts that he will start at qb one day, but he's just not there yet mentally. It will come, though. He's learning fast.

And Bateman can't throw it over 20 yards? That's just crazy talk.

"You think I care? Roll Damn Tide"

Have you tried Google?
Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: hunterbuck] #1828886
08/29/16 10:59 AM
08/29/16 10:59 AM
Hoover
burbank Offline
Booner
burbank  Offline
Booner
Hoover
Non of this matters until Jimmy Sexton's neighbor weighs in. You KNOW this!

Originally Posted By: hunterbuck

What in Saban's past would make you think he's not being truthful about who the starting and backup qb's are? He's always been pretty straightforward, as I remember.

As for Barnett....the thing is that "everyone" isn't at regular practices. Even the credentialed media only get about a 5-10 minute viewing opportunity during warmups at practice, then they're ushered out. Our fanbase puts WAY too much emphasis on things like A-day, and REC scrimmages. Saban ain't showing anyone a damn thing in situations like that, because he knows it will be plastered all over the internet as it happens, or quickly thereafter. The decisions are made based on what happens during the real practices....not controlled, semi-private scrimmages.

As I posted in the other "Looks like it's Hurts" thread you started....folks need to pump the brakes on him. He's very talented, but he's still a freshman who is operating with a limited playbook and occasionally struggles to get the offense lined up correctly and make reads....you know, the stuff that drives Saban up the wall, but you don't see that in scripted, controlled scrimmages. I have zero doubts that he will start at qb one day, but he's just not there yet mentally. It will come, though. He's learning fast.

Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: Gobble4me757] #1828904
08/29/16 11:17 AM
08/29/16 11:17 AM
Between the coosa and cahaba
!
!shiloh! Offline
14 point
!shiloh!  Offline
14 point
!
Between the coosa and cahaba
Saban said it's between Bateman and Barnett

ggg
Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: Gobble4me757] #1828905
08/29/16 11:20 AM
08/29/16 11:20 AM
Wetumpka, AL
ColeT Offline
10 point
ColeT  Offline
10 point
Wetumpka, AL
Sagan is playing those mind games once again

Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: Gobble4me757] #1828954
08/29/16 12:19 PM
08/29/16 12:19 PM
Northport, AL
Phil_Army Offline
12 point
Phil_Army  Offline
12 point
Northport, AL
Obviously the offense has another leader other than QB. Sabah usually has an offensive lineman as the "leader" so that the QB's are plug and play

Broker/Owner and Area Representative for 1st Class Real Estate
2018's #1 Real Estate Agent according to the Tuscaloosa News
Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: hunterbuck] #1828968
08/29/16 12:35 PM
08/29/16 12:35 PM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Online content
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Online Content
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL

I hear you…I hear you…..Like I said though, I find it odd for Saban to tip his hand at all. I fully expected not to know who was going to be QB until the game started. The fact that he’s supposedly taking the running/dual threat QB off the table is giving the other team a little heads up that’s unlike him. Why not just say nothing at all and let them keep guessing? That would be more like Saban. I’ll be happy whoever is in there as long as they perform. I just haven’t ever seen much from Bateman or Barnett that gives me lots of confidence.

The Corn Crash!!!
Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: CNC] #1828998
08/29/16 01:20 PM
08/29/16 01:20 PM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL
[
I hear you…I hear you…..Like I said though, I find it odd for Saban to tip his hand at all. I fully expected not to know who was going to be QB until the game started. The fact that he’s supposedly taking the running/dual threat QB off the table is giving the other team a little heads up that’s unlike him. Why not just say nothing at all and let them keep guessing? That would be more like Saban. I’ll be happy whoever is in there as long as they perform. I just haven’t ever seen much from Bateman or Barnett that gives me lots of confidence.

1. Saban releases a depth chart every year on the Monday before the first game. This year is no different. Same as ever.
2. I don't think Saban's ever been known to really be into the "mind" games (keep 'em guessing). I think he's always been more like..."well, what you see is what you get".
3. Did anyone see anything out of Jake Coker in pre-season last year to give them a lot of confidence....or Blake Sims the year before that?

Again...we're talking about Saban here. Sit back and enjoy the ride. I'm not really sure why everyone is foaming at the mouth for a dual-threat qb anyway. Clemson came into the NC game last year with the #1 defense in the nation, granted, it was against ACC competition. Did our pro-style offense putting up *only* 38 points on them not impress anyone other than me?

#Spoiledfanbase

Have you tried Google?
Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: hunterbuck] #1829118
08/29/16 03:18 PM
08/29/16 03:18 PM
Jackson County
B
BrentM Offline
Mr. Turkey
BrentM  Offline
Mr. Turkey
B
Jackson County

I'm not really sure why everyone is foaming at the mouth for a dual-threat qb anyway.

#

I've never figured that out myself...... Lots of Alabama fans always make fun of other teams' dual threat qb's and talk about how stupid they are and that no matter how talented they are they end up making some stupid decisions that eventually cost their team a game....... But then the same folks bitch cause Alabama don't have a dual threat quarterback. Unless you have a once in a generation player like newton or Watson, I'd much rather see a pro-style offense

Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: BrentM] #1829132
08/29/16 03:26 PM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL
Originally Posted By: BrentM

I'm not really sure why everyone is foaming at the mouth for a dual-threat qb anyway.

#

I've never figured that out myself...... Lots of Alabama fans always make fun of other teams' dual threat qb's and talk about how stupid they are and that no matter how talented they are they end up making some stupid decisions that eventually cost their team a game....... But then the same folks bitch cause Alabama don't have a dual threat quarterback. Unless you have a once in a generation player like newton or Watson, I'd much rather see a pro-style offense

I guess some are tired of playing for and winning NC's in a boring way all the time, and want to shake it up by starting a true freshman who can find a way to lose 3 or 4 games....but, by God, it would be EXCITING!!!

Have you tried Google?
Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: BrentM] #1829133
Awbarn, AL
CNC Online content
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Online Content
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
....... But then the same folks bitch cause Alabama don't have a dual threat quarterback.

Who’s bitching? Why do we have to always be labeled as “bitching” for just having a different opinion. I’m just talking football. Roll Tide and God bless Nick Saban. thumbup

Last edited by CNC; 08/29/16 03:26 PM.

The Corn Crash!!!
Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: Gobble4me757] #1829159
08/29/16 03:40 PM
08/29/16 03:40 PM
AL
Gobble4me757 Offline OP
10 point
Gobble4me757  Offline OP
10 point
AL
I think the reason I'm just excited for hurts is his arm and the snap he puts on the ball...Bateman has no snap and plays scared...yes he can throw over 20yards but the ball floats on him past that distance...Barnett has a long throwing motion and floats the ball on rollouts...I'm just talkin pure arm strength and throwing motion...

Last edited by Gobble4me757; 08/29/16 03:40 PM.

2017 Team Aldeer Turkey Contest Champion
2018 Team Aldeer Turkey Contest Champion
Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: CNC] #1829163
08/29/16 03:41 PM
08/29/16 03:41 PM
Jackson County
B
BrentM Offline
Mr. Turkey
BrentM  Offline
Mr. Turkey
B
Jackson County

....... But then the same folks bitch cause Alabama don't have a dual threat quarterback.

Who’s bitching? Why do we have to always be labeled as “bitching” for just having a different opinion. I’m just talking football. Roll Tide and God bless Nick Saban. thumbup

Sorry CNC I was talking about you or anybody else in particular in this thread. It's been very civil. I was talking about the guys that jump off their couch and yell "we need a dadgum running quarterback" and throw something at the television every time a smart pro style qb makes a good decision and throws the ball 2 rows up in the stands when he doesn't see something he likes.

Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: Gobble4me757] #1829191
08/29/16 03:52 PM
08/29/16 03:52 PM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL
Originally Posted By: Gobble4me757
I think the reason I'm just excited for hurts is his arm and the snap he puts on the ball...Bateman has no snap and plays scared...yes he can throw over 20yards but the ball floats on him past that distance...Barnett has a long throwing motion and floats the ball on rollouts...I'm just talkin pure arm strength and throwing motion...

We all want to see that arm strength Hurts has. But if he can't get the team lined up correctly and make the proper checks, as Saban reiterated is the concern today, what good is having a strong arm and a pretty release? Ability is not his problem...he's got that in spades. The mental part isn't there yet. It's coming quickly, though.

Have you tried Google?
Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: BrentM] #1829215
08/29/16 04:04 PM
08/29/16 04:04 PM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Online content
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Online Content
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
Sorry CNC I was talking about you or anybody else in particular in this thread. It's been very civil. I was talking about the guys that jump off their couch and yell "we need a dadgum running quarterback" and throw something at the television every time a smart pro style qb makes a good decision and throws the ball 2 rows up in the stands when he doesn't see something he likes.

It’s all good. At the end of the day….we all wear crimson. thumbup

The Corn Crash!!!
Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: hunterbuck] #1829271
08/29/16 04:32 PM
08/29/16 04:32 PM
AL
Gobble4me757 Offline OP
10 point
Gobble4me757  Offline OP
10 point
AL

We all want to see that arm strength Hurts has. But if he can't get the team lined up correctly and make the proper checks, as Saban reiterated is the concern today, what good is having a strong arm and a pretty release? Ability is not his problem...he's got that in spades. The mental part isn't there yet. It's coming quickly, though.

Your exactly right man...I appreciate your comments on this, I was just gettin maybe a lil too excited about the idea of Hurts but you have been pretty spot on about the whole situation...Like CNC said, we all wear Crimson at the end of the day! I hope we just win the game saturday regardless of the qb!

Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: Gobble4me757] #1829275
08/29/16 04:35 PM
08/29/16 04:35 PM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL

Your exactly right man...I appreciate your comments on this, I was just gettin maybe a lil too excited about the idea of Hurts but you have been pretty spot on about the whole situation...Like CNC said, we all wear Crimson at the end of the day! I hope we just win the game saturday regardless of the qb!

Roll Tide, brother. thumbup

Have you tried Google?
Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: Gobble4me757] #1829352
08/29/16 05:36 PM
08/29/16 05:36 PM
North Jackson
R
ridgestalker Offline
14 point
ridgestalker  Offline
14 point
R
North Jackson
Sit back and enjoy the man has a plan.

"The Heavens declare the glory of God;and the firmament sheweth his handiwork" Pslam 19:1
Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: Gobble4me757] #1829524
08/30/16 03:45 AM
08/30/16 03:45 AM
In your head
D
DaffyDucksWorstNightmare Offline
4 point
DaffyDucksWorstNightmare  Offline
4 point
D
In your head
Maybe I am wrong here and I understand Bateman/Barnett are more TRUE pocket passers BUT I believe Bateman is the fastest QB out of ALL 3 and at one point they moved him over to receiver because of depth concerns at that position; Bateman is an athlete, don't be fooled by what the media throws at you. As for Barnett the kids was once considered a Dual Threat QB and either the 1st or 2nd top rated QB coming out of H.S., the kid has serious talented. Everybody can scream about the turn overs in practice but remember on paper (AT THIS POINT) this Alabama Defense maybe the fastest and best ever, let the sink in for a bit. CNS gets paid 7M a year and won 5 NC (1 at LSU), he hasn't accomplished that by mistake!

Last edited by DaffyDucksWorstNightmare; 08/30/16 03:46 AM.
Re: Really Looks like it's Hurts... [Re: DaffyDucksWorstNightmare] #1829607
08/30/16 05:04 AM
08/30/16 05:04 AM
AL
Gobble4me757 Offline OP
10 point
Gobble4me757  Offline OP
10 point
AL

Originally Posted By: DaffyDucksWorstNightmare
Maybe I am wrong here and I understand Bateman/Barnett are more TRUE pocket passers BUT I believe Bateman is the fastest QB out of ALL 3 and at one point they moved him over to receiver because of depth concerns at that position; Bateman is an athlete, don't be fooled by what the media throws at you. As for Barnett the kids was once considered a Dual Threat QB and either the 1st or 2nd top rated QB coming out of H.S., the kid has serious talented. Everybody can scream about the turn overs in practice but remember on paper (AT THIS POINT) this Alabama Defense maybe the fastest and best ever, let the sink in for a bit. CNS gets paid 7M a year and won 5 NC (1 at LSU), he hasn't accomplished that by mistake!

Your right about them both being able to run and all and that Bateman is really fast...he is just scared honestly...go back to the ole miss game with all the zone reads we ran and he didn't run the ball a single time even when the whole defense crashed on Henry...Just pointing that out but your right about the d and Saban...but those turnovers could easily be made by a team like lsu...just sayn...

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.