</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
WTB .22 LR Bolt Action
by Cuz-Pat. 04/23/24 09:19 PM
Iso Henry Golden boy
by AustinC. 04/23/24 08:32 PM
Basketball goal.... Free
by longshot. 04/23/24 06:18 PM
FS: Henry Single Shot
by Ron A.. 04/23/24 05:41 PM
Honda Foreman 4WD
by eeua90. 04/23/24 01:35 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:46 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/21/24 08:10 PM
Taxidermist called
by Mbrock. 04/21/24 04:58 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
107 registered members (TurkeyJoe, 7PTSPREAD, Doeslayer44, Chiller, sj22, Lightfoot, AU338MAG, blazer625, Ruger7mag, CatHeadBiscuit, goodman_hunter, JAT, Mmiller, Backwards cowboy, cullbuck, geeb1, HHSyelper, Fishduck, BhamFred, Gav-n-Tn, BPI, leroycnbucks, XVIII, nate409, baitstop, outdoorguy88, Overland, Buck1976, Tracker, AU7MM08, Shaneomac2, Thread Killer, JPFlier, mw2015, Bamajoz, Reptar, Whitebone, Tree Dweller, hallb, Big AL 76, Justice, okfuski, johnv, StateLine, thayerp81, jawbone, JA, DEDTRKY, HURRICANE, BCLC, AustinC, mossyback, beRAD, effinacotton, RidgeRanger, deer3616, Shotts, Stonewall45, AUjerbear, Dragfan66, zgobbler5, healy4au, donia, Hunting-231, crenshawco, courseup, JohnG, Geeb, dustymac, BC_Reb, desertdog, Andalusia, SEWoodsWhitetail, Stacey, Downwind, Red Fox, BRP549, Morris, Bustinbeards, AMB, UAhunter, BamaBoHunter, johnmcgowan, Reaper, pickenstj, CeeHawk37, low wall, Beer Belly, JKlep, Shane99, specialk, kaferhaus, BD, IMISSALDEER, trlrdrdave, AJones, gman, rickyh_2, 9 invisible), 459 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Re: Conservation ID # [Re: bigt] #1827341
08/27/16 03:48 PM
08/27/16 03:48 PM
Sylacauga, AL
poorcountrypreacher Offline
Booner
poorcountrypreacher  Offline
Booner
Sylacauga, AL
Originally Posted By: bigt
Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
http://www.tndeer.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=31&sid=aa4c3de1a5399cf772afa1cb9ff9f5f7

That's a link to the forum where the TWRA answers questions on tndeer. Looks like they get 4 or 5 questions a week, so it's not something that takes them a lot of time. Skinny has said that he offered to do something similar for our dcnr, but they have no interest in interacting with the public. Skinny sure doesn't need me defending him, but I can understand his frustration with them. Obviously, the TWRA wants to support their state's a largest hunting forum, and obviously, the AL dcnr does not. They will travel around and tell hunters about the new rules they have made up for us, but don't seem interested in any interaction with us before they make them. Of course, I'm talking about the policy maker at the top and not the dcnr employees that post here.

FWIW, I've been posting on aldeer for over 13 years and I haven't seen any great change in it. It's always been the best place on the net for girly men to come and get their little feelings hurt. smile. Better have a thick skin if you wanta hang out here. What has changed is the dcnr. In my lifetime, I've seen it go from an agency that saw its mission as serving the people to one that wants to rule the people.

I understand his position on the Big dogs at the top not wanting to have an official participation on the site, but that has got nothing to do with employees posting on thier off time about "hunting" issues trying to help their fellow hunters. Hell I bet they wish their bosses would go for the official participation so they could get paid to help us hard headed jokers instead of doing it for free........ At least one of them were members here before they got their jobs with the State.

Bigt, that's a good point and I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I was just trying to put myself in Skinny's shoes and try to get everyone else to do the same. The attitude of the dcnr toward this site has ranged from ambivalent to hostile, yet it kinda appears they still use its services. This thread started by telling us not to gripe or complain on it; that it was for instructional purposes. I'm sure Nighthunter was only trying to help us, but it sure did sound like it was some sort of official posting. Considering that the dcnr has rejected every attempt to get them to use the site, I can see where Skinny would be bothered by it.i would hope everyone can see that.

I've always appreciated the dcnr employees that would post here. Back in 2003, there were a lot more that did but they didn't let people know who they were. I've been told that the dcnr ordered some of them to quit posting even though they were anonymous. I don't understand the dcnr attitude towards this place.

This is the state's largest hunting site, and I think the dcnr ought to embrace it instead of what they are doing.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Re: Conservation ID # [Re: bigt] #1827354
08/27/16 03:54 PM
08/27/16 03:54 PM
Parts Unknown
Cletus Offline
10 point
Cletus  Offline
10 point
Parts Unknown
Originally Posted By: whack-n-stack
Big dogs at the top...they're supposed to serve the people.

Our elected officials are supposed to serve the people but those that are hired to run the adncr are supposed to manage the resources so they will be there for future generations. A big difference that some just can't comprehend. In a way that is serving the people but not the way some believe. They should not base their decisions on what makes the masses happy but rather what will provide the best management practices for a very non renewable resource. Sometimes the masses agree and sometimes they don't ,but hopefully they are doing what they do for the right reasons. I know I don't always agree with them, but getting to know some of their employees has helped me come to believe that they are doing what they think is best for the resource. Only time will tell if it helps or not.......

The big dogs at the top of the DCNR are appointed......not hired. Before we begin to think for ourselves we should know the facts. Looking in to what they do for a living and what they have voted on in the past may help as well.

Re: Conservation ID # [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #1827361
08/27/16 03:57 PM
08/27/16 03:57 PM
Parts Unknown
Cletus Offline
10 point
Cletus  Offline
10 point
Parts Unknown
Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
http://www.tndeer.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=31&sid=aa4c3de1a5399cf772afa1cb9ff9f5f7

That's a link to the forum where the TWRA answers questions on tndeer. Looks like they get 4 or 5 questions a week, so it's not something that takes them a lot of time. Skinny has said that he offered to do something similar for our dcnr, but they have no interest in interacting with the public. Skinny sure doesn't need me defending him, but I can understand his frustration with them. Obviously, the TWRA wants to support their state's a largest hunting forum, and obviously, the AL dcnr does not. They will travel around and tell hunters about the new rules they have made up for us, but don't seem interested in any interaction with us before they make them. Of course, I'm talking about the policy maker at the top and not the dcnr employees that post here.

FWIW, I've been posting on aldeer for over 13 years and I haven't seen any great change in it. It's always been the best place on the net for girly men to come and get their little feelings hurt. smile. Better have a thick skin if you wanta hang out here. What has changed is the dcnr. In my lifetime, I've seen it go from an agency that saw its mission as serving the people to one that wants to rule the people.

PCP gets it. And I believe he is 100% correct that 8 years of backwardism has changed how people think. Groupthink=game check

Re: Conservation ID # [Re: Cletus] #1827363
08/27/16 03:58 PM
08/27/16 03:58 PM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
Quote:
The big dogs at the top of the DCNR are appointed......not hired

The commissioner is appointed and serves at the pleasure of the governor, as per the Attorney General's ruling.

The DCNR staff is hired including the directors of the divisions. They're not appointed.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Conservation ID # [Re: Clem] #1827366
08/27/16 04:01 PM
08/27/16 04:01 PM
Parts Unknown
Cletus Offline
10 point
Cletus  Offline
10 point
Parts Unknown
Originally Posted By: Clem
Quote:
The big dogs at the top of the DCNR are appointed......not hired

The commissioner is appointed and serves at the pleasure of the governor, as per the Attorney General's ruling.

The DCNR staff is hired including the directors of the divisions. They're not appointed.

The CAB members are appointed and was what I was talking about. No one ever confused the fact the staff are hired...........unless you think they are big dogs!

Last edited by Cletus; 08/27/16 04:02 PM.
Re: Conservation ID # [Re: Skinny] #1827371
08/27/16 04:03 PM
Tennessee
ETNHUNTER Offline
4 point
ETNHUNTER  Offline
4 point
Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Skinny
Nighthunter and Matt are fine people
But their bosses have been relying on them to communicate official dcnr business here in a very unoffocial capacity for a very long time. Contuing to do so is eventually going to cause problems not just for aldeer but for them as well.

Hell. Send them a bill

Re: Conservation ID # [Re: Skinny] #1827372
GREENSBORO, ALABAMA
T
tonyfan14 Offline
3 point
tonyfan14  Offline
3 point
T
GREENSBORO, ALABAMA
But their bosses have been relying on them to communicate official dcnr business here in a very unoffocial capacity for a very long time. Contuing to do so is eventually going to cause problems not just for aldeer but for them as well.

really?? you think the STATE OF ALABAMA is relying on 3,4,5 to 8 people to communicate with alabama hunters what the publish in magazines, on the OUTDOOR ALABAMA webpage and multiple other avenues of media. wishful thinking there. these men are doing it out of the kindness of their own heart to try and paint a clear picture when other wise its a muddy puddle. if no game warden or DCNR worker ever posted here you would have all kinds of questions being answered by people who have no clue. these state employees i honestly believe are just helping out and trying to prevent people from getting in a bind

Re: Conservation ID # [Re: Cletus] #1827373
08/27/16 04:04 PM
08/27/16 04:04 PM
Gulfcrest
bigt Offline
14 point
bigt  Offline
14 point
Gulfcrest
Originally Posted By: Cletus

Our elected officials are supposed to serve the people but those that are hired to run the adncr are supposed to manage the resources so they will be there for future generations. A big difference that some just can't comprehend. In a way that is serving the people but not the way some believe. They should not base their decisions on what makes the masses happy but rather what will provide the best management practices for a very non renewable resource. Sometimes the masses agree and sometimes they don't ,but hopefully they are doing what they do for the right reasons. I know I don't always agree with them, but getting to know some of their employees has helped me come to believe that they are doing what they think is best for the resource. Only time will tell if it helps or not.......

The big dogs at the top of the DCNR are appointed......not hired. Before we begin to think for ourselves we should know the facts. Looking in to what they do for a living and what they have voted on in the past may help as well.

I am not talking about the CAB I am talking about the directors and the other top level employees....that is the facts I am talking of wink The Commish and CAB come and go with the political wind.

Last edited by bigt; 08/27/16 04:06 PM.

Life is too short to be small !!

http://crshuntingclub.webs.com/
Re: Conservation ID # [Re: bigt] #1827380
08/27/16 04:09 PM
Parts Unknown
Cletus Offline
10 point
Cletus  Offline
10 point
Parts Unknown

I am not talking about the CAB I am talking about the directors and the other top level employees....that is the facts I am talking of wink The Commish and CAB come and go with the political wind.

I guess those top level employees that aren't the commish and CAB get to make the rules and regs? Carry on.

Re: Conservation ID # [Re: BhamFred] #1827381
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
leroycnbucks Online happy
Freak of Nature
leroycnbucks  Online Happy
Freak of Nature
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
Originally Posted By: BhamFred
jeeeze louise

Montgomery does NOT tell any employees to get on here on their own time and answer questions, matter of fact they would prefer they NOT get on here.

and not one damn thing any of them has said on here will stand up in court if you get arrested. NOT ONE THING.

What Troy said is 100 % correct. Most state agencies don't want you discussing any state business in regards to their policies and procedures on the internet or the press unless you are the head of that agency or an official spokesperson. Some will even have you sign a document stating so.

That's why I appreciate what Jeremy, Matt and Jon plus others when they come on this site and answer questions that we as hunters have but don't have access to an official spokesman or agency director.

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!
Re: Conservation ID # [Re: ETNHUNTER] #1827386
08/27/16 04:13 PM
08/27/16 04:13 PM
Tennessee
ETNHUNTER Offline
4 point
ETNHUNTER  Offline
4 point
Tennessee
Originally Posted By: ETNHUNTER

Hell. Send them a bill

What if they paid you 600 bucks a year. Would there be a problem?

Re: Conservation ID # [Re: Cletus] #1827396
08/27/16 04:19 PM
08/27/16 04:19 PM
Gulfcrest
bigt Offline
14 point
bigt  Offline
14 point
Gulfcrest

I guess those top level employees that aren't the commish and CAB get to make the rules and regs? Carry on.

Who do you think does the research and recommends the rules and regs? Carry on.......but back on the original topic of this post was referencing the big dogs that did not want to have official participation on this site. I doubt that the CAB makes that decision. Now the commish might have the final say, but I can assure you he relies on the opinions of his top level staff members for making those decisions. And sense we have had different commissioners I would have to believe there is some long time top level employees that are against it.

Life is too short to be small !!

http://crshuntingclub.webs.com/
Re: Conservation ID # [Re: ETNHUNTER] #1827403
08/27/16 04:24 PM
08/27/16 04:24 PM
Fosters, Alabama, USA
Shaw Offline
Administrator
Shaw  Offline
Administrator
Fosters, Alabama, USA

Hell. Send them a bill

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." Captain Woodrow F. Call

ShawBuilt Custom Bowstrings
Re: Conservation ID # [Re: bigt] #1827444
08/27/16 04:47 PM
08/27/16 04:47 PM
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
leroycnbucks Online happy
Freak of Nature
leroycnbucks  Online Happy
Freak of Nature
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
bigt you are wasting your time. There are some on here that have all the answers on managing the states deer heard based on how they hunt on their land or lease.

They also are convinced that Gunter Guy, Curtis Jones and Chuck Sykes run the DCNR for the sole benefit of a few select individuals that they may or may not have a friendship with or a vested business interests. And the high fence operations.

Also, how many of you on here that have ever stop at an DCNR station near you and talked to a warden and a biologist about your questions or concerns on deer hunting and the decision being made in Montgomery? You are more than welcomed too. I have in an unofficial capacity because I don't agree with every decision they make and want to have a better understanding of the end result. After all the deer in this state is a public resource for all of us to enjoy hunting and not a select group of people.

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!
Re: Conservation ID # [Re: bward85] #1827457
08/27/16 04:57 PM
08/27/16 04:57 PM
Montgomery / Luverne
crenshawco Online content
Booner
crenshawco  Online Content
Booner
Montgomery / Luverne
Originally Posted By: bward85
This site is not what it used to be. It use to be about members. Not anymore. Just bout if i can i make a dollar anymore.

This^^^^^ this is what I been trying to say.

WTF do either of you know? Yall haven't been members very long to be passing that judgement

Re: Conservation ID # [Re: crenshawco] #1827508
08/27/16 05:39 PM
08/27/16 05:39 PM
GREENSBORO, ALABAMA
T
tonyfan14 Offline
3 point
tonyfan14  Offline
3 point
T
GREENSBORO, ALABAMA
Originally Posted By: crenshawco
This site is not what it used to be. It use to be about members. Not anymore. Just bout if i can i make a dollar anymore.

WTF do either of you know? Yall haven't been members very long to be passing that judgement

so now you have to be a tenured veteran to judge someone.. what if they have more knowledge of an individual then you do but only been a member for 6 months

Re: Conservation ID # [Re: NightHunter] #1827529
08/27/16 05:58 PM
08/27/16 05:58 PM
alabama
BhamFred Online mad
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Online Mad
Freak of Nature
alabama
it helps if yer over 13 years old.....

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: Conservation ID # [Re: crenshawco] #1827546
08/27/16 06:19 PM
08/27/16 06:19 PM
Opp Alabama
bward85 Offline
12 point
bward85  Offline
12 point
Opp Alabama

Don't have to be a member long to know when shucks ain't quite right but that's just my opinion...not passing judgement...just stating facts.....It is still FREE to voice ones opinion around here ain't it....or do they charge for that too?

Re: Conservation ID # [Re: tonyfan14] #1827548
08/27/16 06:21 PM
08/27/16 06:21 PM
Fosters, Alabama, USA
Shaw Offline
Administrator
Shaw  Offline
Administrator
Fosters, Alabama, USA

Originally Posted By: tonyfan14

so now you have to be a tenured veteran to judge someone.. what if they have more knowledge of an individual then you do but only been a member for 6 months

So you've been a member a little over two months and you're bitching about how things have changed around here. Right......rolleyes

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." Captain Woodrow F. Call

ShawBuilt Custom Bowstrings
Re: Conservation ID # [Re: NightHunter] #1827553
08/27/16 06:25 PM
08/27/16 06:25 PM
GREENSBORO, ALABAMA
T
tonyfan14 Offline
3 point
tonyfan14  Offline
3 point
T
GREENSBORO, ALABAMA
yes member for 2 months but been looking and buying on here probably for the last 4 years before registering. yes from reading stuff then and now it has changed a lot

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.