</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Coon dogs.
by Lonster. 04/25/24 12:17 AM
WTB .22 LR Bolt Action
by Cuz-Pat. 04/23/24 09:19 PM
Iso Henry Golden boy
by AustinC. 04/23/24 08:32 PM
Basketball goal.... Free
by longshot. 04/23/24 06:18 PM
FS: Henry Single Shot
by Ron A.. 04/23/24 05:41 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/21/24 08:10 PM
Taxidermist called
by Mbrock. 04/21/24 04:58 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
21 registered members (Dubie, Chiller, deadeye48, AMB, PapaD, TurkeyJoe, Dead down wind, cartervj, Gobble4me757, jlbuc10, Cactus_buck, brushwhacker, russellb, JLMiller, BC, Herdbull, coosabuckhunter, Hunting15, 3 invisible), 472 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Edgewood Academy folks, what is going on? [Re: crenshawco] #1775714
07/01/16 07:22 PM
07/01/16 07:22 PM
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
jawbone Offline OP
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline OP
Freak of Nature
Originally Posted By: crenshawco
If I were a betting man, I'd bet Autauga will be whipping everybody around in 3 years if he stays there

Absolutely, especially if Autauga is willing to go to Nigeria and Canada for players like Edgewood.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Edgewood Academy folks, what is going on? [Re: bill] #1775723
07/01/16 09:03 PM
07/01/16 09:03 PM
jawbone Offline OP
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline OP
Freak of Nature
Originally Posted By: bill
You guys have beat around the bush enough without saying it but the insinuation is clear enough.I know Bobby and while I'm not willing to say it's impossible Bobby was in the wrong , I'd be much more inclined to believe the school was probably at fault, here. I doubt Bobby was messing with a student as has been insinuated but I just wish the people that love the drama and keeping the rumour going would remember he has a family and a kid that is seeing all of it.

Unfortunately, if the rumors are not true, I'm afraid they will persist unti a plausible reason is given for the seperation. The fact that the rumors are sourced from Edgewood parents would indicate some very ill will somewhere. What for? He was doing what they wanted by winning big. Any insight on the reason?

Re: Edgewood Academy folks, what is going on? [Re: jawbone] #1775805
07/02/16 05:16 AM
07/02/16 05:16 AM
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature

Originally Posted By: jawbone
You guys have beat around the bush enough without saying it but the insinuation is clear enough.I know Bobby and while I'm not willing to say it's impossible Bobby was in the wrong , I'd be much more inclined to believe the school was probably at fault, here. I doubt Bobby was messing with a student as has been insinuated but I just wish the people that love the drama and keeping the rumour going would remember he has a family and a kid that is seeing all of it.

Unfortunately, if the rumors are not true, I'm afraid they will persist unti a plausible reason is given for the seperation. The fact that the rumors are sourced from Edgewood parents would indicate some very ill will somewhere. What for? He was doing what they wanted by winning big. Any insight on the reason?

You're privy to all the gossip but not to an actual news story on the reason?

http://m.wsfa.com/wsfa/db_344805/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=L6nqwUp8

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard
Re: Edgewood Academy folks, what is going on? [Re: bill] #1775914
07/02/16 09:34 AM
07/02/16 09:34 AM
jawbone Offline OP
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline OP
Freak of Nature

You're privy to all the gossip but not to an actual news story on the reason?

http://m.wsfa.com/wsfa/db_344805/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=L6nqwUp8

That is why I said a "plausible" reason. The story would have you believe he was fired for doing what they have been doing and doing it very well. 71 straight games well and everyone there was loving it. Then they can't decide whether he was forced out or resigned. Obviously more to it. The lawyers are involved over the school trying to force the students wishing to transfer now, to pay a $1300 transfer fee before releasing their transcripts.

Re: Edgewood Academy folks, what is going on? [Re: jawbone] #1802831
08/01/16 04:51 PM
08/01/16 04:51 PM
jawbone Offline OP
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline OP
Freak of Nature
Well Edgewood backed out of their big southern private school showdown with the team from Jackson MS and picked up Morgan for an August 19 game at Faulkner. I'm looking forward to football but not looking forward to middle of August football.

I hope everyone at Edgewood left and went with Carr. Well, maybe not since we'll play Autauga later on down the road. I guess our coach was thinking of the elation of stopping the nations longest winning streak (if they can upset them) when he agreed to it. I guess this would be the best opportunity to beat them if we are anytime soon. New coach, new QB that is not Carr's son, an off season or turmoil, supposedly losing a lot of players. Still not overly confident, but you never know.

Re: Edgewood Academy folks, what is going on? [Re: jawbone] #1802863
08/01/16 05:31 PM
08/01/16 05:31 PM
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature
Looks like all the gossip about Carr was just that....or slander. I heard Edgewood only has about 19 players on Varsity. They are definitely going to get a big dose of reality this year.

-
Bauvard
Re: Edgewood Academy folks, what is going on? [Re: bill] #1802868
08/01/16 05:42 PM
08/01/16 05:42 PM
jawbone Offline OP
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline OP
Freak of Nature
Looks like all the gossip about Carr was just that....or slander. I heard Edgewood only has about 19 players on Varsity. They are definitely going to get a big dose of reality this year.

"So you're telling me there's a chance?"

Couldn't get the YouTube clip to copy.

Why would the gossip be necessarily not true? It certainly wasn't something the school was going to publicize and it wasn't necessarily illegal, so it is possible that it is true and something that isn't going to be made public.

Re: Edgewood Academy folks, what is going on? [Re: jawbone] #1802901
08/01/16 06:40 PM
08/01/16 06:40 PM
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature

"So you're telling me there's a chance?"

Couldn't get the YouTube clip to copy.

Why would the gossip be necessarily not true? It certainly wasn't something the school was going to publicize and it wasn't necessarily illegal, so it is possible that it is true and something that isn't going to be made public.

You think the school wouldn't make it public instead of the school, staff and parents, being painted as racist? The race story went public as the reason Edgewood and Carr parted ways. I'm thinking if the school had some other way to save face they would have took it.

-
Bauvard
Re: Edgewood Academy folks, what is going on? [Re: jawbone] #1803000
08/02/16 02:30 AM
08/02/16 02:30 AM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
I don't know if it was true or not as stated earlier. I haven't heard anything on Gov. Bentley/Rebecca Mason lately either. That doesn't mean it was or wasn't true. Just people are moving on to the next fact or rumor. It doesn't make sense for him to take such a big step down either. But he will be the head coach at AA or another school within 3 years since nothing has been proven true at this point.

Re: Edgewood Academy folks, what is going on? [Re: centralala] #1803022
08/02/16 02:59 AM
08/02/16 02:59 AM
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature

Originally Posted By: centralala
I don't know if it was true or not as stated earlier. I haven't heard anything on Gov. Bentley/Rebecca Mason lately either. That doesn't mean it was or wasn't true. Just people are moving on to the next fact or rumor. It doesn't make sense for him to take such a big step down either. But he will be the head coach at AA or another school within 3 years since nothing has been proven true at this point.

AA is just a place for him to work while he's getting his degree so he can coach in public school. That was a big part of what he was pushing for at Edgewood, from my understanding. The parents and administration wanted to keep dominating the small private schools and Carr wanted to move into the more competitive public school league.

-
Bauvard
Re: Edgewood Academy folks, what is going on? [Re: bill] #1803174
08/02/16 06:00 AM
08/02/16 06:00 AM
jawbone Offline OP
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline OP
Freak of Nature

Originally Posted By: centralala

AA is just a place for him to work while he's getting his degree so he can coach in public school. That was a big part of what he was pushing for at Edgewood, from my understanding. The parents and administration wanted to keep dominating the small private schools and Carr wanted to move into the more competitive public school league.

That is true. He wanted them in AHSAA but the school was all about having the longest winning streak in the nation. From what I'm told by parents, there was a faction that wanted him gone and when they were given indisputable proof of poor judgment, the powers that wanted him kept, had no other choice. Let me be clear, what I'm told is he made some poor decisions, but nothing involving race or illegal activity. I hope he does finish his degree and moves on to bigger and better things. He can sure produce QBs. It would be fun to see what he could do at a big school.

BTW, the race card was thrown out by the lawyer that represented the parents that didn't want to pay the $1300 transfer fee to leave. That is the only time I've heard race being an issue.

There must be other issues going on with the school too. When Carr left one of his assistants took a job here at Morgan as the Baseball coach and assistant football. A week later he quit Morgan and said he was going back to Edgewood. Another week or so later he was back at Morgan wanting the job back. He was told "not this time". No idea what he saw over there to make him run away. I would speculate if there is a mass exodus that scared him.

I do know that they have one of, if not the, toughest schedule in AISA. If it is true they only have 19 players, they are probably in for a long year. We thought our coach was crazy to agree to play them again, but with Morgan going to be better (can't help it since they had to play a lot of young kids for two years and now they are going to be the upper classmen)and EA apparently falling on tough times, maybe he's smarter than the parents, including me.

Re: Edgewood Academy folks, what is going on? [Re: jawbone] #1803346
08/02/16 08:40 AM
08/02/16 08:40 AM
Dallas Co
Little Foot Offline
12 point
Little Foot  Offline
12 point
Dallas Co
I hear only 12 remain from the Varsity squad!

Re: Edgewood Academy folks, what is going on? [Re: Little Foot] #1803413
08/02/16 09:39 AM
08/02/16 09:39 AM
jawbone Offline OP
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline OP
Freak of Nature
Originally Posted By: Little Foot
I hear only 12 remain from the Varsity squad!

But their JV has been good enough to beat some teams varsity in the past. I know Carr's son was one of the better JV QBs I saw last year.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.