</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Basketball goal.... Free
by longshot. 04/23/24 06:18 PM
FS: Henry Single Shot
by Ron A.. 04/23/24 05:41 PM
Honda Foreman 4WD
by eeua90. 04/23/24 01:35 PM
Aimpoint Comp M5S with 2 mounts
by Turkeyneck78. 04/22/24 07:50 PM
Kubota Tractor M6060
by oakachoy. 04/22/24 04:59 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/21/24 08:10 PM
Taxidermist called
by Mbrock. 04/21/24 04:58 PM
Windy.com
by quailman. 04/18/24 09:46 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
G&E Hunting Club Questions
by booner. 04/11/24 01:11 PM
Who's Online Now
89 registered members (jarcher38, Bulls eye, JustHunt, GUT_SHOT, Atoler, ucmducks, COOTER, JRigs10, BCLC, Pwyse, Backwards cowboy, Safetyman, General, coldtrail, Ron A., deerman24, jhardy, Dean, KnightRyder, TEM, Bruno, skoor, trlrdrdave, dustymac, Whild_Bill, curt99rsv, PourIron12, cartervj, Jmoore77, doublefistful, dtmwtp, OutdoorsAL, Andalusia, Possum Hunter, ImThere, clayk, Floorman1, bamaguzzi, chill, TurkeyJoe, Phelps, fourfive45, CNC, hunterturf, Chiller, Bustinbeards, Bmyers142, Kang, Turkeyneck78, YellaLineHunter, Hester, cullbuck, Mdees, UncleHuck, BrentsFX4, Big AL 76, CeeHawk37, AJones, Cynical, BCD, jaydub12, Luxfisher, Sasquatch Lives, Alb, AustinC, JohnG, Booger, 7x57_Mauser, mossyback, jwalker77, fillmore, mw2015, Davyalabama, scrubbuck, bigtbuttery, canichols424, 13 invisible), 508 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Never wrestle with a pig in the mud. UPDATED with transcript #1284278
03/03/15 06:09 AM
03/03/15 06:09 AM
Near the Trussell
BPS Offline OP
10 point
BPS  Offline OP
10 point
Near the Trussell
Cause you both get muddy and only one of you likes it. I got into a debate with a distant relative and her vegan lawyer friend on hunting being cruel. I have the transcript of the entire debate on a PDF file that I would love to post on here. Is that possible?

Last edited by BPS; 03/03/15 08:48 AM.

If your decoy doesnt have holes in it, your not letting him get close enough... J.H.

"Life lessons are almost never found where you think they should be, sometimes they're in the middle of a small, muddy creek in the woods with steep banks"... DeadorAlive
Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud [Re: BPS] #1284287
03/03/15 06:14 AM
03/03/15 06:14 AM
Birmingham
Aaron_H Offline
6 point
Aaron_H  Offline
6 point
Birmingham
I don't know. But i sure hope so

Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud [Re: Aaron_H] #1284301
03/03/15 06:23 AM
03/03/15 06:23 AM
Near the Trussell
BPS Offline OP
10 point
BPS  Offline OP
10 point
Near the Trussell
Originally Posted By: Aaron_H
I don't know. But i sure hope so

Its a good one. I've blacked out all the names except for mine and I am going to reply one more time. I hoping to post it on here so that the Aldeer brothering can give me some more info to add to my already hated comments. Boff I'm gonna hope you chime in on it if we can get it posted.

If your decoy doesnt have holes in it, your not letting him get close enough... J.H.

"Life lessons are almost never found where you think they should be, sometimes they're in the middle of a small, muddy creek in the woods with steep banks"... DeadorAlive
Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud [Re: BPS] #1284306
03/03/15 06:26 AM
03/03/15 06:26 AM
Near the Trussell
BPS Offline OP
10 point
BPS  Offline OP
10 point
Near the Trussell
I could email the PDF to someone who is smarter than me and maybe they could figure out a way to post it.

Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud [Re: BPS] #1284313
03/03/15 06:31 AM
03/03/15 06:31 AM
Missouri
swamp_fever2002 Offline
Administrator
swamp_fever2002  Offline
Administrator
Missouri
Why can't you open the PDF and highlight the wording, right click, copy and paste ?

It takes a long time to grow an old friend.
Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud [Re: swamp_fever2002] #1284338
03/03/15 06:52 AM
03/03/15 06:52 AM
Pike County, AL
Fuzzy_Bunny Offline
Booner
Fuzzy_Bunny  Offline
Booner
Pike County, AL
Originally Posted By: swamp_fever2002
Why can't you open the PDF and highlight the wording, right click, copy and paste ?

This. It worked fine for 49er.

Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud [Re: BPS] #1284343
03/03/15 06:59 AM
03/03/15 06:59 AM
Near the Trussell
BPS Offline OP
10 point
BPS  Offline OP
10 point
Near the Trussell
I've tried that and When I do, I right click and my past option is not available. ??

Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud [Re: Fuzzy_Bunny] #1284348
03/03/15 07:09 AM
03/03/15 07:09 AM
Alabama
B
buck_buster Offline
10 point
buck_buster  Offline
10 point
B
Alabama
Originally Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny
Originally Posted By: swamp_fever2002

This. It worked fine for 49er.

He had it perfected laugh

I love the rut. The woods are like a bunch of roided up meatheads fighting over a girl.
Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud [Re: BPS] #1284389
03/03/15 08:00 AM
03/03/15 08:00 AM
Hartselle, AL
trlrdrdave Online happy
14 point
trlrdrdave  Online Happy
14 point
Hartselle, AL
google pdf to jpg converter..convert.. then post like a pic. You should be able to do like was said above. Highlight the text then right click on the text and hit copy. Then paste a reply in here. I just tried it on another pdf and it worked.

Last edited by trlrdrdave; 03/03/15 08:05 AM.

"In time of war, send me all the Alabamians you can get, but in time of peace, for Lord's sake, send them to somebody else." General Edward H. Plummer

"Blessed are those who, in the face of death, think only about the front sight." Jeff Cooper
Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud [Re: BPS] #1284427
03/03/15 08:30 AM
03/03/15 08:30 AM
Elmore County
Frankie Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
hunting is a trade off . we hunters control the populations by killing some in a humane fast way .

vegans want no hunting . witch means the herds run through cycles of boom and bust . in the end the deer die a sad death of starvation .

vegans also don't relise or care that millions of animals are killed in the production of their vegan diet .

Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud [Re: BPS] #1284432
03/03/15 08:34 AM
03/03/15 08:34 AM
Elmore County
Frankie Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
to a vegan all animal life is the same . thing is when you take meat out of the diet you really cause more animal death to replace the needed nutrients you got from the meat .

Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud... UPDATED and its long. [Re: BPS] #1284435
03/03/15 08:35 AM
03/03/15 08:35 AM
Near the Trussell
BPS Offline OP
10 point
BPS  Offline OP
10 point
Near the Trussell
Alright I figured out how to do it. The individual comments are separated every time you see a date. I've deleted the last names on everyone but me. I'm Brandon. George is my uncle and is a pastor. Good Guy. The OP is my 2nd cousin that I rarely ever see. After this its probably gonna be a little awkward at the next reunion. grin

smith shared For The Love Of Alex Inc's photo.

February 28 at 11:37pm · Edited ·
People that hunt these beautiful animals are no better than the bullies. I pity anyone who finds joy in taking an innocent life for "sport" or whatever lame excuse they can come up with to justify their actions. The bible plainly states "Thou shall not kill". Animals have just as much of a right to live as humans do, they just don't have the voice to express it nor the power to defend it.
Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man.”
(Arthur Schopenhauer)
For The Love Of Alex Inc

Jim I don't hunt, but the Bible also tells us that animals are to be eaten.

February 28 at 11:41pm · Unlike · 1
Deborah I don't hunt either and it is true the Bible does state that as well but , you have to kill it to eat it. I don't agree with people that go out hunting weekend after weekend just to see how many animals they can kill. More than they can eat. And giving a child a gun, taking them to the woods to kill a defensless animal, rubbing blood on their face and taking a picture for fb like they've done something to be proud of is wrong. Killing for survial is one thing, killing for "sport" is another.

March 1 at 12:25am · Like · 2

Jim I couldn't agree more and I've had that argument many times. I must admit that several hunters I've talked to made good points as to why hunting is needed though.

March 1 at 12:26am · Like · 1
Deborah Goldensmith I've heard those "points" many times and your right they make good points to justify their actions. Doing things in excess that you enjoy. You can come up with some great justification. Get rich quick schemes sound great but, they rarely support themselves in the end. I just believe that people need to have more compassion and respect. We all need to help those that can't help themselves and treat others the way they want to be treated being animal or human.

March 1 at 12:41am · Like · 1
Brandon Burgett Genesis 27.3: King James Bible
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; This is a subject that I am very proud of. Not to argue with you but I'm a prime example of the people who you are talking negatively about. I hunt deer, turkey's, rabbits, squirrels and hogs. I killed 4 deer this year. My oldest son (12) killed one but he has killed several before this year and my youngest son (8) has killed 2. I can tell you that we have a freezer full of natural, organic meat that we will eat on all year or at least until we run out. Its lean and contains no preservatives like the meat that you buy at the store. Everything I/we harvest either gets put in the freezer or given to those less fortunate that will gladly accept them to put in their freezer for them to eat. I can assure you that every game animal that I harvest gets eaten. Never have I cut the horns off a deer and threw the rest in a ditch. Wasn't raised that way and find it terrible to those who do. Let me also say that this season was the first season in 7yrs that I didn't harvest a buck. All of ours were does. Was I disappointed that I didnt kill a buck? Heck no. I had a great season. I saw plenty of bucks but nothing that was big enough for me to mount and place on my wall. But I have a freezer full of meat so my family is happy. Fortunately I hunt a piece of property that has thousands of deer and hogs and every other game animal you can think of. The hogs are taking over and are like the plague. They multiply like rats. West Jefferson and Oak Grove already have them so you will begin to see what kind of damage they can and will do to your property. I will tell you that all the hogs I kill, and I will kill everyone I can does not go to waste. I dont bring them home but I have 3 family's that live next to my property. They have kids and probably make less money in a year than you and I make in 3 months. I've taken them dozens of hogs and squirrels over the years. They love to see me pull up and are overly thankful when I do. It gives me a great feeling to know I get to bless them with food. Thats food that they wont have to buy at the store and can spend that money on other essentials. Another point I'd like to make. You obviously love animals. May surprise you that I love animals too. I am a steward of the land and put weeks of hard work into the land to better the habitat for the animals. Just because I kill them does not mean that I dont love them (except hogs). I want nothing more than for them to have the best habitat possible. Hogs destroy the habitat for all the others which is why I dont like them. But as stated before, even though I cant stand a hog doesn't mean that I drag them over to a ditch after killing one. Another point I'd like to make is that we as hunters are stewards of the land. If we dont hunt them and they become overpopulated then you should see how cruel mother nature can be. Google "Blue Tongue Disease". Thats what happens when deer become overly populated and the habitat doesn't provide enough food for the numbers and they die a slow, cruel and awful death. It can wipe out thousands. As hunters we help control the numbers and help prevent that from happening. Also the millions of dollars we hunters spend on buying tags and licenses is put back into the land to better the habitat. As far as looking at hunting as a sport is a little off center. Its a God given right. No where in the bible does it say that I can not enjoy going out and harvesting an animal to feed my family. It takes a lot of work and luck to be able to go and kill anything. The fact that it is fun makes it even better. If anything I feel I can get closer to God during a day in the woods than I ever will at a day of work. To hear the woods come alive in the spring hoping to hear a turkey gobble. The birds chirping, grass turning green again and maybe if i'm lucky I'll hear a turkey gobble. Even luckier if I am able to harvest one. All those little things that I see and hear out their in those woods remind me of just how awesome our creator is. Last but not least, both my kids have their own rifles. It made me so proud of them when they harvested their first deer. Sitting right there beside them before they pulled the trigger, my heart was about to explode with excitement. Putting a little blood on their face after that first deer is a tradition. A right of passage into the world of hunting. Its no different than blowing out the candles on your birthday cake. Its a celebration and should be looked at as such. I will agree with you that I am against any type of animal cruelty but don't look at hunting as being cruel. Hunting is a lot less cruel than mother nature can be.

March 1 at 7:06am · Edited · Like · 2
Melanie Also, the Bible was written by Man and passed down by Man. The Bible has many passages that seem against eating animals. When the world was created it was vegan and Heaven is vegan, so God intended it to be vegan. Men's sins is the only reason that animals ever were eaten. Man will always make excuses.

March 1 at 6:43am · Like · 2
Melanie Christianity also supports veganism as well. Before the Exodus from paradise, they were Vegan thus to regain status of living in paradise, one must be Vegan.

Genesis 1:29-30
Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to everything that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food", and it was so.

Romans 14:21
It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble.

Acts 15:29
That you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, & from blood, & from what has been strangled, & from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.

For what happens to the sons of men also happens to animals; one thing befalls them: as one dies, so dies the other. Surely, they all have one breath; man has no advantage over animals, for all is vanity.
Ecclesiastes 3:18-20

In an evolution of thought, the prophet cried, "I care nothing for your sacrifices or experiments, your systems, your findings, your information, your prizes."

I swear to you on this burning mountain by the words that loosened Isaiah's tongue there are only four things that matter to God from one end of this earth to the other: justice, mercy, holiness and the majesty of His creation.

Veganism is a more ethical and compassionate lifestyle. Vegans chose to stop consuming & using animals on an ethical basis.

Vegans believe it is morally wrong to kill & use animals when it's completely unnecessary to do so. Vegans don't like participating in the senseless killing of animals when we know that nutritionally, animal foods serve no purpose to live healthfully. In fact, it actually benefits us to avoid them. Not to mention it's arguably the single-most important thing one person can do to protect the environment.

If the familiar tastes & textures of animal foods can be replicated from 100% plant-based sources, there exists no moral dilemma against consuming the food at hand. Vegans are in no way being hypocritical, or proving they are suppressing their desires by eating "fake" meats. In fact, they are being morally consistent & enjoying their food just like everyone else, sans the animal products.

A global shift towards a vegan diet is vital to save the world from hunger, fuel poverty & the worst impacts of climate change.

As the global population surges towards a predicted 9.1 billion people by 2050, western tastes for diets rich in meat & dairy products are unsustainable, says the report from United Nations Environment Programme's (UNEP) international panel of sustainable resource management.

It says: "Impacts from agriculture are expected to increase substantially due to population growth increasing consumption of animal products. Unlike fossil fuels, it is difficult to look for alternatives: people have to eat. A substantial reduction of impacts would only be possible with a substantial worldwide diet change, away from animal products."

Professor Edgar Hertwich, the lead author of the report, said: "Animal products cause more damage than [producing] construction minerals such as sand or cement, plastics or metals. Biomass & crops for animals are as damaging as [burning] fossil fuels."

The recommendation follows advice last year that a vegetarian diet was better for the planet from Lord Nicholas Stern, former adviser to the Labour government on the economics of climate change. Dr. Rajendra Pachauri, chair of the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), has also urged people to observe one meat-free day a week to curb carbon emissions.

The panel of experts ranked products, resources, economic activities & transport according to their environmental impacts. Agriculture was on a pair with fossil fuel consumption because both rise rapidly with increased economic growth, they said.

Ernst Von Weizsaecker, an environmental scientist who co-chaired the panel, said: "Rising affluence is triggering a shift in diets towards meat & dairy products - livestock now consumes much meat of the world's crops & by inference a great deal of freshwater, fertilisers & pesticides.

March 1 at 6:49am · Like · 1
George The first recorded act of killinganimals was God when he gave Adam and Eve skins to cover themselves

March 1 at 7:05am · Unlike · 3
Jim Brown I have to assume that Melanie and I have different Bibles. Some of that "scripture" seems kind of off to me.

March 1 at 7:17am · Unlike · 2
Melanie,George, yeah, that is after the apple was forbidden to be eaten and was eaten. "After sin." God made Adam and Eve vegan. God created free will and allows us to do what we will. It does not mean he condones it.

Jim, there are many translations of the Bible. Lol.

March 1 at 7:36am · Like · 1
Brandon Burgett When a group of these show up and destroy your yard you might change your opinion just a little.

Brandons photo.

March 1 at 8:19am · Like
Melanie Brandon, they are only there because man is taking their land for livestock. Please do research to see how much land and resources it takes to feed livestock. It takes 1/10 for a vegan diet which is proven healthier.

March 1 at 8:20am · Like · 1
Jim If the animal population weren't managed you wouldn't be able to have a vegan diet. The animals would eat or destroy all crops.

March 1 at 8:21am · Unlike · 1
George Yes but did he not also say I have made clean that with was unclean to eat

March 1 at 8:23am · Unlike · 2
Melanie We breed the livestock so they are not overpopulated and as for hunters arguing that if they were to stop hunting, the deer population would explode. This is a false argument, because if hunting were to stop, we would stop the practices that increase the deer population. State wildlife management agencies artificially boost the deer population in order to increase recreational hunting opportunities for hunters. By clear cutting forests, planting deer-preferred plants and requiring tenant farmers to leave a certain amount of their crops unharvested in order to feed the deer, the agencies are creating the edge habitat that is preferred by deer and also feeding the deer. If we stop hunting, we would also stop these tactics that increase the deer population.

If we stopped hunting, we would also stop breeding animals in captivity for hunters. Many non-hunters are unaware of state and private programs that breed quail, partridges, and pheasants in captivity, for the purpose of releasing them in the wild, to be hunted.

All wildlife populations fluctuate according to the number of predators and available resources. If human hunters are removed from the picture and we stop breeding game birds and manipulating deer habitat, the wildlife will adapt and fluctuate and reach a balance with the ecosystem. If the deer population were to explode, it would then collapse from lack of resources and continue to fluctuate, naturally.

March 1 at 8:24am · Like · 1
Melanie I actually have deer breeders who live a mile away from my house!!!!

March 1 at 8:24am · Like · 1

George Look at oak mountain state park

March 1 at 8:26am · Unlike · 1
Jim This collapse in deer population sounds nice, until you look at the fact that this collapse would most likely be the result of starvation and disease.

March 1 at 8:27am · Unlike · 1
Dee Dee Omg!

March 1 at 8:39am · Like · 1
George, Debbie you stirred up some people this morning . Hehe

March 1 at 8:41am · Unlike · 2
Brandon Burgett Melanie, apparently the only thing that I will ever agree with you on is the deer breeders. To me, as a "free chase hunter" I dont agree with breading them and killing them in a fence. Now if that fence surrounds 1000 or 20000 acres that changes things. Its the breading part that I do not like. That changes hunting from the way God intended to be to the way man wants it to be. Growing a 220" deer in 3yrs in not natural so you will never see me killing one. BUT as long as it is legal, then to each his own. Its just not for me. In the meantime continue to enjoy your green peas, pita bread and nuts. If thats the diet you choose then by all means enjoy it. I have no problem with your decision and would never try to tell you that its wrong as its your life. As for my family we will be having grilled deer tenderloin wrapped in bacon for dinner and I cant wait to fire up the grill.

March 1 at 8:56am · Like
Melanie Like I said before I believe God did not intend people to eat animals. He gave free will. Since, you throw God into your debate, I guess you only eat what you hunt and do not EVER eat anything from slaughter houses and dairy farms? I know you do not think God intended all of that suffering with animals. Lol

You obviously do not understand that vegans eat just like meat eaters but without animal products so to list what I will enjoy eating is very ignorant.

Also, I am the healthiest of my doctor's patients. I guess I could say enjoy heart disease, obesity, diabetes, ect as the list can go on.

Enjoy your day but millions of animals wont.

March 1 at 9:50am · Like · 1
Melanie I'm not going in circles with anyone else. You need to educate yourself as eating meat is certainly what we need to worry about as we are running out of resources and land because of eating meat. We are living like we have 2 earths and we only have one. Watch Cowspiracy and other educated documentaries. I do not have time talking to brick walls. Good day.

March 1 at 10:19am · Like
Brandon Burgett "Cowspiracy" = Tinfoil hat.

Probably gonna pass on that one.

March 1 at 10:24am · Edited · Like · 3
Melanie Last comment, Donna, it also says to not eat animals. God gave free will. Doesn't mean he condones it. Also, the Bible has many translations so which do you read and go by. Lol. My God is merciful and doesn't condone what you are doing to these innocent creatures created by HIM.

March 1 at 10:27am · Like
Melanie, Donna, your are just too funny. I'm not liberal. I'm just not a redneck as you. I'm actually educated. Just continue to believe what makes you able to sleep at night. As for me, I will live a compassionate life like I KNOW GOD WOULD WANT.

March 1 at 12:02pm · Like
Melanie, You called me a liberal which is name calling. "Foot in mouth, Donna." I actually am painting today so do not have time to go in circles with you. Why don't you do some reading today!!!

March 1 at 12:05pm · Like
Donna, God have mercy on you Melanie...

March 1 at 12:06pm · Like
Melanie You too, Donna. As I will come to Him with clean hands. Lol

March 1 at 12:15pm · Like · 1
Donna You are so passionate, I give u that, but are you concerned about humans? pro choice?

March 1 at 12:18pm · Like
Melanie Of course I am concerned with humans as that is another reason to be Vegan. Really watch Cowspiracy. Everyone in the world could be fed on a vegan diet. Also, I am 7 months pregnant and his name is Noah. I think people are monsters who kill their babies. That is why I am not liberal. I am not a cookie cutter anything. I did not vote for Obama if that is your next question. Humans are not being murdered. Only animals so I chose to be their voice since they have none. Just like women, Jews and blacks at one time. I believe in equality for all beings.

March 1 at 12:23pm · Like · 1
Jim I must have missed some "Donna" posts. I'm confused.

March 1 at 12:43pm · Unlike · 1
Donna Not really worth your time...

March 1 at 12:44pm · Like
Jim If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

March 1 at 12:56pm · Unlike · 1
Brandon Burgett Beat me to it Jim!

March 1 at 1:17pm · Edited · Like · 1
Brandon Burgett I sleep well at night knowing that I'm an uneducated redneck that lives in the woods with to many guns used for putting food on the table for my family. Come to think of it, I could also feed my dog and cats if things ever got bad because they are just like one of my kids. Melanie I'm glad you are the healthiest patient your doctor sees. That is awesome. I hope baby Noah grows up to be big, strong, healthy and as passionate as you are. Maybe he will be passionate about the outdoors and hunting and fishing. If he ever wants to go hunting or fishing feel free to look me up. I love introducing and teaching kids how to hunt and fish.

March 1 at 1:47pm · Edited · Like · 2
Deborah Wow! I had no idea so many people actually read my post. To be honest I have felt completely ignored when I post anything. I posted the information about the squirrel for awareness that there is something very wrong with the way society views life as a whole. Also the entitlement that seems so acceptiable that people have the right to decide if another living creature lives or dies. Thank you for reading it, at least I know that I did make a few people aware of it. Whether you agree with me or not really doesn't matter, it's not going to change the outcome tomorrow but, awareness will. As far as the picture of the deer, I took that one in my back yard. I will do what ever it takes to protect them. I understand if they are outside of my property lines there's not much I can do but, if they are within them they will not be harmed as long as there is breath within my body. You will never convince me that they are just animals that were put here for you to hunt for fun and that their life does not matter. As far as the statement under it I didn't write it but, I do agree with the majority of it. If I had wrote it I would have probably ended it with you can not have a pure heart or something there alike. As I stated before hunting for survial in one thing and the thrill of the kill is another. Yes I do believe if you go out and kill something just for excitement or thrill there is something very wrong with you and in my eyes it does tarnish your character as far a I see you. To me your actions are showing a lack of compassion and empathy. Brandon Burgett as far as talking negatively about hunting, I don't agree with it an if that's being negative then so be it. Everything in life is not positive. Your either for or against and I'm against on this issue. Your right about the blue tongue and mother being cruel but, we have cancer and other diseases and people are not being hunted down and killed to keep it from spreading. There are children starving and diseased in other countries and they are not being killed because of it. I think that is wonderful that you are helping provide for other families but, I have seen your hunting pictures and to be honest your freezer would have to be the size of a house to store all that meat. As for you sons I have thrilled your proud of them, you should be. I do have a questions for you about being proud of them taking their first deer. What part of giving a child a gun and encouraging them to take a life makes you proud? I am not arguring with you either but, I really would like to know. I am glad you are spending time with them alot of fathers wouldn't do that so I do praise you for it. I just don't understand why killing something is what you choose to teach them. I really do respect your opion and I know yours is just as important as mine. I feel just as strongly about animal rights as you do about hunting and I will not back down or give up either. Thank you Brandon Burgett, Melanie, Jim, Donna, George Golden and Dee Dee, for stating your views. Interesting to see the different views.

March 1 at 9:15pm · Like · 3
Brandon Burgett I will answer this but not tonight. It's late and I have to get up early to go to work. In the mean time we can calmly agree to disagree.

March 1 at 9:28pm · Like · 1
Deborah I am calm and I do agree with you on that.

March 1 at 9:30pm · Like
Sandra I have deer that I feed that come up in my yard. I just love them.

Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud... UPDATED and its long. [Re: BPS] #1284480
03/03/15 09:12 AM
03/03/15 09:12 AM
Elmore County
Frankie Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
there are a few "bibles" non say you must be vegan . lol

yep she's a vegan . you should have brought up that many animals die to feed her . them harrows cuts up a lot of rats , moles . ect

Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud... UPDATED and its long. [Re: BPS] #1284486
03/03/15 09:17 AM
03/03/15 09:17 AM
Elmore County
Frankie Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
her play book is straight of , "beyond vegan"

Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud. UPDATED with transcript [Re: BPS] #1284495
03/03/15 09:25 AM
03/03/15 09:25 AM
Wedowee
M
mirage243 Offline
6 point
mirage243  Offline
6 point
M
Wedowee
You got a phugged up family, I wouldn't worry about family re-unions, hell I wouldn't go. grin

Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud... UPDATED and its long. [Re: BPS] #1284496
03/03/15 09:28 AM
03/03/15 09:28 AM
Marion County, Alabama
V
Vernon Tull Offline
10 point
Vernon Tull  Offline
10 point
V
Marion County, Alabama
Dang. That's a long argument. I had to eat a second Big Mac to get through it all.

At any rate, anytime you've got progressive, secular-minded people in an argument with a more traditional person who replies with "But the Bible says . . . ", you're at an impasse where two conflicting ideologies will seldom agree.

Last edited by Vernon Tull; 03/03/15 09:30 AM.
Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud. UPDATED with transcript [Re: mirage243] #1284503
03/03/15 09:40 AM
03/03/15 09:40 AM
Near the Trussell
BPS Offline OP
10 point
BPS  Offline OP
10 point
Near the Trussell
Originally Posted By: mirage243
You got a phugged up family, I wouldn't worry about family re-unions, hell I wouldn't go. grin

WRONG! I've got a great family full of good people and a lot of hunters in mine and her pedigree. She's obviously the oddball. I say she's my second cousin but she might be my 3rd. I've only met her 4-5X in my life.

As far as my final reply I've got a whole list of things to bring up. Leather, makeup, soap etc... All come from animals and animal fat.

Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud. UPDATED with transcript [Re: BPS] #1284518
03/03/15 09:52 AM
03/03/15 09:52 AM
north Alabama
biglmbass Offline
14 point
biglmbass  Offline
14 point
north Alabama
Way too long, but then I get bored easily. The older I get the more I realize it's just not worth my time & effort to try to sway folks to my way of thinking. Despite best efforts some/most you won't reach anyway.

Originally Posted by hillmp
The left lane is for the the purpose of moving the flow of traffic forward regardless of the speed limit. If your impeding the flow of traffic get your ass in the right lane. It's really that simple...

Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud. UPDATED with transcript [Re: BPS] #1284542
03/03/15 10:17 AM
03/03/15 10:17 AM
Sumter County
sumpter_al Offline
10 point
sumpter_al  Offline
10 point
Sumter County
Originally Posted By: BPS
Originally Posted By: mirage243

WRONG! I've got a great family full of good people and a lot of hunters in mine and her pedigree. She's obviously the oddball. I say she's my second cousin but she might be my 3rd. I've only met her 4-5X in my life.

As far as my final reply I've got a whole list of things to bring up. Leather, makeup, soap etc... All come from animals and animal fat.

I accepted Jesus into my life a long time ago. Many of the things she (and other anti-hunters) speaks of in the Bible are from the old testament.

Lots of things were different in the Old Testament, however when Jesus died for our sins everything changed.

I vaguely remember a story about loaves and fishes. You remember it don't you... something about a guy feeding thousands with meager amounts. Who was the guy? I cant seem to remember... its right on the tip of my tongue. (Yes that is smart ass sarcasm).

These people are idiots. I wish they would stop eating my foods food.

I love my country, but don't trust my government.
Re: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud. UPDATED with transcript [Re: BPS] #1284569
03/03/15 11:01 AM
03/03/15 11:01 AM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
In Genesis 3:21 God made clothes for Adam and Eve out of animal skins.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.