Originally Posted By: Yelp softly
Top of the line is overrated. I killed more deer with an old McPherson bow shooting aluminum arrows than I have with my newer set-up. Speed means nothing if you can't get close to them and stay quiet.

Top of the line and quality are two different things. You need a bow that can out perform you, just like a rifle. My old diamond has killed 3 deer this year, but for whatever reason it started shooting inconsistently at longer ranges. I'd suggest watching craigslist and buying a newish bow for cheap. Most bows out there are pretty dang solid nowadays. I just bought a 2012 mathews heli-m for under $500 with a hdx dropaway rest, top end truglo sights, 6 arrows, hard case, scott release, and g5 quiver. You can find a steal if you watch the listings for a few weeks. Ebay is also a good place to buy. Go shoot some different bows pick 2 or 3 that you really like, then watch the classifieds and pick one up. If you buy right, you can shoot it for 4 or 5 years and re sell it for what you have in it.