</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
WTB .22 LR Bolt Action
by Cuz-Pat. 04/23/24 09:19 PM
Iso Henry Golden boy
by AustinC. 04/23/24 08:32 PM
Basketball goal.... Free
by longshot. 04/23/24 06:18 PM
FS: Henry Single Shot
by Ron A.. 04/23/24 05:41 PM
Honda Foreman 4WD
by eeua90. 04/23/24 01:35 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/21/24 08:10 PM
Taxidermist called
by Mbrock. 04/21/24 04:58 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
108 registered members (square, GATA87, Aldecks1, dquick1, thayerp81, BigEd, ImThere, Mbrock, burbank, Whild_Bill, CatHeadBiscuit, donia, limabean, coldtrail, bamafarmer, GHTiger10, Narrow Gap, duxlayer, JohnG, klay, Showout, treemydog, Floorman1, AU7MM08, BOFF, Rolloverdave, Happysappy, CNC, Crawfish, JHL, Big Buck Video, catdoctor, Buck1976, Forrestgump1, hallb, gundoc, AustinC, jwalker77, 25-20, AU coonhunter, low wall, JCL, JohnnyLoco, HOYT3006, SouthBamaSlayer, 7x57_Mauser, sj22, BrandonClark, Big AL 76, wk2hnt, desertdog, dave260rem!, demp17, Droptine-13, Koba, Drycreek, BCLC, fish251, Young20, HURRICANE, AlabamaSwamper, GomerPyle, doghouse, Frankie, JSanford1974, T72, dsmc, Jweeks, bamaeyedoc, jake44, Jbf, Bigwhitey, trlrdrdave, MattIce, JAT, 300gr, FreeStateHunter, XVIII, CKyleC, 3006bullet, CCC, canine933, !shiloh!, 20XD, BentBarrel, gobbler, Gunpowder, canvasback, Raspy, Shmoe, DuckDown11, woodduck, wareagle22, Dean, billrv, 13 invisible), 686 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Christian music? #3519434
10/31/21 01:24 PM
10/31/21 01:24 PM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline OP
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline OP
Booner
M
Chilton County
One thing I never really considered until the last few years, is how well the Christian music that I listened to, actually contained lyrics that matched the Bible or the origins of the church or artist that it came from. It's so easy now to attach the name, "Christian", to anything and have it taken for granted that it is sound. There are, however, artists (Lauren Daigle, Ray Boltz, etc.) and churches (Hillsong, Bethel, etc.) that have beliefs and practices that run completely counter to Biblical teachings.

Disregard of scriptural teachings on homosexuality, having homosexual staff, the unbiblical practice of grave-soaking, covering up of sex crimes and bad theology in general all have occured with the aforementioned. It's important to make sure that we examine what we listen to and make sure it lines up with the teachings of Christ and does not support the ministries of false teachers and churches. We should be like the Bereans - "Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily, to see whether these things were so." (Acts 17:11 NASB)

https://bereanresearch.org/popular-christian-music-groups-teaching-heresy/

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Christian music? [Re: MarksOutdoors] #3519458
10/31/21 02:44 PM
10/31/21 02:44 PM
East Alabama
M
MorningAir Offline
8 point
MorningAir  Offline
8 point
M
East Alabama
This is a touchy topic. The ARC churches like church of the highlands and hillsong definitely have their problems, but their music absolutely has the opportunity to reach people. There are several court cases going on right now regarding pastors having affairs with staff and the ARC churches have full time employees who run cover ups for the pastors. There’s a pastor at COTH that’s actually a co defendant in one of the cases. Church of the highlands is building a 4.3 million dollar retreat facility to be used to rehabilitate pastors who’ve been caught up in adultery. I don’t know if these churches are right because the whole ARC church business model is a pyramid system, almost like a franchise. I do know that the music from some of these churches at the least gets people to evaluate their life and open a Bible, but there are some creepy things about this whole ARC movement and the showmen personalities that run it. It’s just like hillsongs lead pastor is totally against homosexuality but he wouldn’t directly speak against it in a news interview for fear of bad press and not looking woke. Data is showing that people are actually leaving ARC churches and going back to traditional churches, so it’s appeal, and the concert atmosphere is slowing down.

Re: Christian music? [Re: MarksOutdoors] #3519460
10/31/21 02:51 PM
10/31/21 02:51 PM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline OP
Booner
Booner
M
Chilton County
You're right that it's a touchy subject. I can't speak of the inner workings or beliefs at COTH, but I have seen the high costs of opening franchise-like campuses and the fees that are charged for attending the classes. Regarding Hillsong, they have had openly homosexual staff members and their lead Pastor, Carl Lentz, was on record for side-stepping the issue of homosexuality. He was fired earlier this year for having an affair. I just think it's prudent to avoid any music whose proceeds support those kinds of music artists and churches no matter how good the musical or production talents, especially if they knowingly contradict the Bible.

Paul tell us in Galatians that a different Gospel is just like no Gospel, at all.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Christian music? [Re: MarksOutdoors] #3519575
10/31/21 06:54 PM
10/31/21 06:54 PM
limestone al
scrape Offline
10 point
scrape  Offline
10 point
limestone al
I make it a point to not listen to any christian music that sounds like a man fixing to cry, such as most of the popular stuff of the last 15 years. they want to turn us all into crybabies instead of strong men so that they can push their agendas while we are busy crying. As far as I know the southern baptist are still holding strong, I am pleased with the sbc for now for not giving in to social pressure.

Re: Christian music? [Re: MorningAir] #3519631
10/31/21 07:55 PM
10/31/21 07:55 PM
Moody, AL
willdo22 Offline
10 point
willdo22  Offline
10 point
Moody, AL
Originally Posted by MorningAir
This is a touchy topic. The ARC churches like church of the highlands and hillsong definitely have their problems, but their music absolutely has the opportunity to reach people. There are several court cases going on right now regarding pastors having affairs with staff and the ARC churches have full time employees who run cover ups for the pastors. There’s a pastor at COTH that’s actually a co defendant in one of the cases. Church of the highlands is building a 4.3 million dollar retreat facility to be used to rehabilitate pastors who’ve been caught up in adultery. I don’t know if these churches are right because the whole ARC church business model is a pyramid system, almost like a franchise. I do know that the music from some of these churches at the least gets people to evaluate their life and open a Bible, but there are some creepy things about this whole ARC movement and the showmen personalities that run it. It’s just like hillsongs lead pastor is totally against homosexuality but he wouldn’t directly speak against it in a news interview for fear of bad press and not looking woke. Data is showing that people are actually leaving ARC churches and going back to traditional churches, so it’s appeal, and the concert atmosphere is slowing down.

Do you have a link? I wouldn’t mind reading that.

A mans got to know his limitations.
Re: Christian music? [Re: MarksOutdoors] #3519639
10/31/21 08:13 PM
East Alabama
M
MorningAir Offline
8 point
MorningAir  Offline
8 point
M
East Alabama
Longingfortruth1 has a summary of it on YouTube. I don’t want to spread any misinformation about church of the highlands or ARC because I don’t go to church there anymore and I have no way of knowing what’s true other than what’s actually out there with the lawsuits I’ve read about. I have no axe to grind with them. Pastors at small churches cheat on their wives too. It’s concerning that church of the highlands has had so many pastors and related churches in the ARC named that have direct oversee connections to the Birmingham lead group. I’m all for redemption but all these cases and the way they move the pastors around and scrub the internet is odd. The millions of dollars these pastors make is odd too. Like that pastor at Elevation church , Furtick, the dude has a 4 million dollar lake house. I just can’t take advice from someone that lives like that. One of the highlands pastors is starting an ARC church in Atlanta and they bought him a 1.8 million dollar house and his wife drives a Lamborghini. That’s weird I don’t care who you are.

Re: Christian music? [Re: scrape] #3519641
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Online content
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Online Content
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL
Originally Posted by scrape
I make it a point to not listen to any christian music that sounds like a man fixing to cry, such as most of the popular stuff of the last 15 years. they want to turn us all into crybabies instead of strong men so that they can push their agendas while we are busy crying. As far as I know the southern baptist are still holding strong, I am pleased with the sbc for now for not giving in to social pressure.

What does “sounds like a man fixing to cry” even mean? Can you provide an example?

To the OP, I understand what you’re saying about music from churches that have beliefs contrary to one’s own, but at the same time, I’m not sure I’ve EVER attended a church that 100% agreed with everything that I do about the Bible (obviously small differences as I wouldn’t attend a church that I have major issues with). I believe that we can be blessed by music from any church as long as the music itself is Biblical.

Re: Christian music? [Re: MorningAir] #3519645
10/31/21 08:15 PM
10/31/21 08:15 PM
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Online content
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Online Content
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL
Longingfortruth1 has a summary of it on YouTube. I don’t want to spread any misinformation about church of the highlands or ARC because I don’t go to church there anymore and I have no way of knowing what’s true other than what’s actually out there with the lawsuits I’ve read about. I have no axe to grind with them. Pastors at small churches cheat on their wives too. It’s concerning that church of the highlands has had so many pastors and related churches in the ARC named that have direct oversee connections to the Birmingham lead group. I’m all for redemption but all these cases and the way they move the pastors around and scrub the internet is odd. The millions of dollars these pastors make is odd too. Like that pastor at Elevation church , Furtick, the dude has a 4 million dollar lake house. I just can’t take advice from someone that lives like that. One of the highlands pastors is starting an ARC church in Atlanta and they bought him a 1.8 million dollar house and his wife drives a Lamborghini. That’s weird I don’t care who you are.

You realize that a lot of these pastors don’t take a salary from the church right? Pastor Chris at COTH doesn’t receive a dime from tithe money. All of his money is from his books.

Re: Christian music? [Re: MarksOutdoors] #3519656
10/31/21 08:26 PM
10/31/21 08:26 PM
East Alabama
M
MorningAir Offline
8 point
MorningAir  Offline
8 point
M
East Alabama
Yeah. They make a lot of money off their book sales. I’m not knocking them, I just think it’s creepy and not for me man. I think they do a lot of good for some people, but I’ve been reading up on all this pastor abuse and it’s concerning. The michan Carter guy they moved from Washington state to Birmingham, they fired him because he had an affair with a church staff member. Supposedly the ARC pastors knew about it for 18 months and let him keep preaching in Birmingham. Sleep with a woman at a regular job and your unemployed before the next payroll runs and don’t get a second chance. That’s all I was saying. The other guy josh mauney that they all worked with got charged with some sex abuse and people were showing how they scrubbed Twitter of anything with his name. I enjoyed church of the highlands when I attended for a couple of years.

Re: Christian music? [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #3519658
10/31/21 08:27 PM
10/31/21 08:27 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Online confused
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Online Confused
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer

You realize that a lot of these pastors don’t take a salary from the church right? Pastor Chris at COTH doesn’t receive a dime from tithe money. All of his money is from his books.

There was a well known pastor in gardendale who would regularly promote his books from the pulpit. He got a salary too though. There will definitely be some things to answer for some day. There are also some churches and pastors who are legitimately trying to win souls to Christ

Re: Christian music? [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #3519665
10/31/21 08:36 PM
10/31/21 08:36 PM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline OP
Booner
Booner
M
Chilton County
Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer
Originally Posted by scrape

What does “sounds like a man fixing to cry” even mean? Can you provide an example?

To the OP, I understand what you’re saying about music from churches that have beliefs contrary to one’s own, but at the same time, I’m not sure I’ve EVER attended a church that 100% agreed with everything that I do about the Bible (obviously small differences as I wouldn’t attend a church that I have major issues with). I believe that we can be blessed by music from any church as long as the music itself is Biblical.

I'm not contending over personal beliefs. I'm contending over beliefs and practices that are completely contrary to the Bible. I mentioned Hillsong's soft stance on homosexuality and employing homosexual church staff. https://www.churchclarity.org/updat...speaks-on-experience-with-unclear-policy Additionally, former lead Pastor Carl Lentz has publicly stated, on record, that not accepting Christ as Lord and Savior is "ok". https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...search=moderate&setlang=en&cc=US
Hillsong also ordained women as Pastors in defiance of 1 Timothy 2:12.

These are not issues of secondary Biblical doctrine. These are major doctrinal issues. We are instructed that light should have no fellowship with darkness. Their music should be avoided if it supports false teaching.
Lastly, the object of worship music is not for us to be blessed but for Christ to be glorified.

-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Christian music? [Re: MarksOutdoors] #3519668
10/31/21 08:37 PM
10/31/21 08:37 PM
Madison
3bailey3 Offline
10 point
3bailey3  Offline
10 point
Madison
On the day me and my wife lost our 16 year old son in a car wreck he listen to 5 songs before he walked out the door that day, first was country, next was some old rock then some alternative rock i guess, then some NWA, yes unreal but the last song he listen to was Mercycry, I can only imagine! When we listen to it later we knew our son was dancing and singing for the Son! Don't have nothing to do with the op post but made me feel somewhat ok..

Re: Christian music? [Re: MarksOutdoors] #3519685
10/31/21 08:48 PM
10/31/21 08:48 PM
Gurley, Alabama
S
Standbanger Offline
12 point
Standbanger  Offline
12 point
S
Gurley, Alabama
Some people build mansions on earth. Being in the world and of the world.

Re: Christian music? [Re: MarksOutdoors] #3519686
10/31/21 08:50 PM
10/31/21 08:50 PM
Alabaster, AL
Darrylcom Offline
8 point
Darrylcom  Offline
8 point
Alabaster, AL
Awake and alive by skillet. It’s a good one.

Re: Christian music? [Re: MarksOutdoors] #3519704
10/31/21 09:07 PM
10/31/21 09:07 PM
St. Clair County
F
Farmer Brown Offline
8 point
Farmer Brown  Offline
8 point
F
St. Clair County
We only sing hymns and only have traditional music. To each his own.

Re: Christian music? [Re: MarksOutdoors] #3519709
10/31/21 09:13 PM
10/31/21 09:13 PM
East Alabama
M
MorningAir Offline
8 point
MorningAir  Offline
8 point
M
East Alabama
I like Bethel and the Upper Room. Both of those church’s have some good songs. I’ve heard some people say that it’s copied after Hindu chants call krishmali and the churches use that music method to draw listeners. I still think it’s good music. We only sing hymns and gospel at our church because the elderly meme nerd would throw a fit if we played anything else.

Re: Christian music? [Re: Farmer Brown] #3519711
10/31/21 09:14 PM
10/31/21 09:14 PM
Northport, AL
GomerPyle Online content
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
GomerPyle  Online Content
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
Northport, AL
Originally Posted by Farmer Brown

Anything more “contemporary” than a good old fashioned Gregorian Chant is hippy church music....

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft
Re: Christian music? [Re: Farmer Brown] #3519733
10/31/21 09:28 PM
10/31/21 09:28 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Online confused
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Online Confused
Pumpkin
blount county alabama

I prefer it this way myself. Our real song leader has been out for a while due to the covid and ive been filling in for him for about a year now. Im not a singer but i love singing songs of praise. I like all kinds of music, all kinds. But for one reason or another i just dont like much contemporary Christian music.

Re: Christian music? [Re: jwalker77] #3519736
10/31/21 09:29 PM
10/31/21 09:29 PM
Northwest Bama
R
Ridge Life Offline
14 point
Ridge Life  Offline
14 point
R
Northwest Bama
Originally Posted by jwalker77

I prefer it this way myself. Our real song leader has been out for a while due to the covid and ive been filling in for him for about a year now. Im not a singer but i love singing songs of praise. I like all kinds of music, all kinds. But for one reason or another i just dont like much contemporary Christian music.

Red book all we sing.

Re: Christian music? [Re: MarksOutdoors] #3519933
11/01/21 09:47 AM
11/01/21 09:47 AM
muscle shoals
todd w Offline
10 point
todd w  Offline
10 point
muscle shoals
I have bounced back and forth on whether to weigh in on this, but here I am.

As far as the practice of playing worship music, we must examine the scriptures to make sure it is acceptable or not. Does it conform to God's word or does it violate it? I have very few songs that have been published that I can sit and say are blatant errors and violate the scriptures. Your personal preference or thoughts on the person who wrote the music should not play into the fact that these songs either agree or disagree with scripture. God uses flawed people everyday to accomplish His goals. God even uses non-christians to speak to me and show me things we wants me to learn. Discernment is key and no blanket statements can be accurate all the time.

Now, as far as the lifestyle and beliefs of the church/authors of the songs, if i were going to pay them to come speak at my church or attend a live event where they had the freedom to say whatever they wanted, I would be more interested in their personal beliefs/values. While, yes it can be a slippery slope if discernment is not applied, you can use their material without bringing their lifestyle into it.

It all comes down to your motivation for worship. If it is honoring God, I cannot see where a limitation could or should be placed on it. Note I said honoring God, not self/culture.

Lastly, i will add that if you cannot find yourself closer to God when you worship Him you are doing it wrong. While the purpose is not to bless ourselves, we definitely should be blessed when we enter His presence.

It is what it is.

Inspect what you Expect.

Hunting TN, AL, KY, and IL.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.