</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
WTB
by Okalona. 03/28/24 07:44 AM
Iso ruger american ranch
by AustinC. 03/27/24 08:20 PM
Ruger M77 6mm heavy barrel with Nikon Monarch
by bradbathome. 03/27/24 04:42 PM
Carpet Installation Equipment
by hunter84. 03/27/24 07:12 AM
$20013hp all-power side shaft generator motor
by HollerHunter. 03/26/24 07:43 PM
Serious Deer Talk
The Hollywood Buck.
by Backwards cowboy. 03/28/24 09:30 AM
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by Mbrock. 03/27/24 07:53 PM
High Fencing
by RareBreed. 03/26/24 10:45 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by TensawRiver. 03/26/24 01:26 PM
What makes you happy?
by Fishduck. 03/26/24 10:25 AM
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
West Jefferson County hunting club
by Jmfire722. 03/18/24 08:36 AM
Western Ky farm
by todd w. 03/15/24 01:23 PM
Information on bibb county hunting club
by quickshot. 03/10/24 01:46 PM
Hunting Club
by Hibby. 03/08/24 04:34 PM
Mississippi club
by Gobl4me. 03/07/24 09:55 PM
Who's Online Now
128 registered members (alhawk, CeeHawk37, RidgeRanger, Skullworks, Quack Quack Bang, JCL, BCLC, dawgdr, Whitebone, Treelimb, clayk, HOWTON21, roll_tide_hunts, foldemup, deepwoods44, dixiebuck29, Fishduck, PossumPecker, HawkPilot, sj22, Captain Howdy, IMISSALDEER, sevenup, Lockjaw, Reaper, Gunpowder, outdoorguy88, 7PTSPREAD, ttsam, DoeMaster, Paxamus, GomerPyle, jake5050, jdhunter2011, ALScott, lefthorn, BBD23, Ray_Coon, thayerp81, deerchop, BC_Reb, Canterberry, jwalker77, KHOOKS, BrandonClark, beeline08, Raspy, doublefistful, Smitty4Bama, hallb, Zzzfog, Skillet, MadMallard, Autseed, ShaftOne, Luxfisher, 000buck, rblaker, booner, znix123, Whild_Bill, mikewhandley, Powers, oldbowhunter, desertdog, PourIron12, cgardner, jaredhunts, Boathand, Uokman2014, Paint Rock 00, Joe4majors, Scout308, Backwards cowboy, NorthFork, BhamFred, knock him down, 3Gs, chill, slim68, burbank, odocoileus, Noler_Swamp, St. Clair FF, Big AL 76, brushwhacker, Big Al, BamaBoHunter, johnv, AustinC, deadeye48, Livintohunt19, rutwad, HBWALKER14, Shack84, bamaeyedoc, NVM1031, Atoler, dirkdaddy, headshot1, Gut Pile 32, fillmore, UA Hunter, abamadude, coldtrail, headshot, Ant67, Tailwalk7, Hunter454, buzzard, toothdoc, AL18, MAG, buck_buster, hunterturf, 13 invisible), 494 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: Wiley Coyote] #3169911
07/16/20 09:24 PM
07/16/20 09:24 PM
North Alabama
W
Wiley Coyote Offline OP
Freak of Nature
Wiley Coyote  Offline OP
Freak of Nature
W
North Alabama
lol

I firmly believe that a double gallows should be constructed on the East Lawn of The White House. Politicians who willfully and shamelessly violate their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America should be swiftly tried and, upon conviction, publicly hanged at sunup the day after conviction. If multiple convicts are to be hanged they can choose with whom to share the gallows or names shall be drawn from the hangman's hat to be hanged 2 at a time.

NRA Life Member
Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: TickaTicka] #3169915
07/16/20 09:29 PM
07/16/20 09:29 PM
Dale County, AL
G
Groundhawg Offline
10 point
Groundhawg  Offline
10 point
G
Dale County, AL
Originally Posted by TickaTicka
I haven't talked to a single MD who thinks mask ordinance is a good idea. I'm sure they are out there, just like there's probably a reasonable news anchor out there.

The evidenced based data says masks don't work for viral particles, the infected or the non-infected. We have decades of data proving this.

The lawyers are running the show.

So if the single MDs do not think it help how about the married MDs? Really how many doctors have you spoke to?

Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: MC21] #3169952
07/16/20 10:15 PM
07/16/20 10:15 PM
Cullman, AL
R
Ryano Offline
10 point
Ryano  Offline
10 point
R
Cullman, AL
Originally Posted by MC21
Because the mask doesn’t prevent you from getting it. It’s to help prevent you from spreading it. When taking care of Covid patients were supposed to completely suite up with n95, gowns, gloves, face shield, hair shield etc. the surgical mask is worn in patients rooms who we suspect don’t have Covid and as stated above that’s not always the case.

I understand the n95. I am mask dumb but I know the n95 was used prior to this crap by first responders. If I was direct contact with someone with a transferable illness, I would want one. I don't uh understand the other masks especially the makeshift masks that folks are using and most likely not washing daily. It's kinda like putting the same pair of underwear on and thinking your pants will smell clean on day 5. Reckon we can roundup the socks from the bell font tower poacher and make us a mask?

Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: Ryano] #3169959
07/16/20 10:24 PM
07/16/20 10:24 PM
Central Alabama
MC21 Offline
10 point
MC21  Offline
10 point
Central Alabama
Originally Posted by Ryano
Originally Posted by MC21
Because the mask doesn’t prevent you from getting it. It’s to help prevent you from spreading it. When taking care of Covid patients were supposed to completely suite up with n95, gowns, gloves, face shield, hair shield etc. the surgical mask is worn in patients rooms who we suspect don’t have Covid and as stated above that’s not always the case.

I understand the n95. I am mask dumb but I know the n95 was used prior to this crap by first responders. If I was direct contact with someone with a transferable illness, I would want one. I don't uh understand the other masks especially the makeshift masks that folks are using and most likely not washing daily. It's kinda like putting the same pair of underwear on and thinking your pants will smell clean on day 5. Reckon we can roundup the socks from the bell font tower poacher and make us a mask?

I agree with you about the home made mask not being as effective as the surgical mask. My other post explained the reasoning behind the surgical mask. It’s so the particles they are breathing out does not travel as far.

Last edited by MC21; 07/16/20 10:31 PM.
Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: Wiley Coyote] #3169997
07/16/20 11:53 PM
07/16/20 11:53 PM
AL, Wetumpka
J
jake5050 Online IMG_0051.GIF
10 point
jake5050  Online IMG_0051.GIF
10 point
J
AL, Wetumpka
I'm a nurse too and I take my mask off as soon as I'm out the door. If your scared wear a damn mask it's that simple.

Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: Wiley Coyote] #3170019
07/17/20 06:14 AM
07/17/20 06:14 AM
Prattville, Alabama
Skullworks Online content
Freak of Nature
Skullworks  Online Content
Freak of Nature
Prattville, Alabama

"I'm not near as critical about how big they are as I once was. Smiles are more important now! We will grow more deer."
Jimmy G.
Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: green river 123] #3170026
07/17/20 06:47 AM
07/17/20 06:47 AM
Lee County
R
RCHRR Offline
14 point
RCHRR  Offline
14 point
R
Lee County
Originally Posted by green river 123
wiley i am new here just joined recently.long time stalker.have really enjoyed reading and keeping up with the deer hunters especially.the mask we wear in hospitals while taking care o covid patients are different than the ones you see everyone wearing . all the other nurses wearing regular mask.fox news had a interesting report on this last night. we wear n95 mask and suit up like we just made a lunar landing when taking care of covid patient. big problem with nurrses catching it is when you take care of a patient for a week before they realize patient has it.

Don’t know where you work but I can assure you that’s not the norm. We’re required to wear the surgical mask throughout the hospital but I’ve gotten so many patients that have gotten to the floor and admitted only to be sent to the Covid floor or have them 3-4 day then the test positive. Covid floor and ICU are the only places N-95 mask are worn. If it’s bad enough for one person to dress like they are going on a space walk then all should. Floor nurses are at greater risk than anyone because they play Russian roulette with patients on whether they have it or not. At least on they Covid floors and Covid ICU they know it.

Last edited by RCHRR; 07/17/20 11:28 AM.
Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: RCHRR] #3170051
07/17/20 07:57 AM
07/17/20 07:57 AM
Hampton Cove
foldemup Online content
14 point
foldemup  Online Content
14 point
Hampton Cove
Originally Posted by RCHRR
Originally Posted by green river 123
wiley i am new here just joined recently.long time stalker.have really enjoyed reading and keeping up with the deer hunters especially.the mask we wear in hospitals while taking care o covid patients are different than the ones you see everyone wearing . all the other nurses wearing regular mask.fox news had a interesting report on this last night. we wear n95 mask and suit up like we just made a lunar landing when taking care of covid patient. big problem with nurrses catching it is when you take care of a patient for a week before they realize patient has it.

Don’t know where you work but I can assure you that’s not the norm.

Well, it should be the norm if it’s a KNOWN Covid patient. We do the same thing. The problem lies when you don’t know the patient is positive. You get exposed and find out 5 days later you had an exposure. How many people have you crossed paths with in the past 5 days without being 100% conscious of possible contamination? I’m required to wear a face covering at all times on work property with the exception of eating. I only wear it because I have to. I’m not wearing it anywhere else prior to the new public area mandate BS

If you want to always win, never play anyone better than you!
Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: Wiley Coyote] #3170125
07/17/20 09:52 AM
07/17/20 09:52 AM
Meridianville
DryFire Offline
14 point
DryFire  Offline
14 point
Meridianville
A large part of our nursing staff contracted the c19 from outside the hospital. Most cases were from infected family members that spread it in the home before they realized they had contracted it from somewhere else. We just released a video on our Huntsville Hospital website that shows how we are trying our best to protect both patients and staff from c19.

Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: Wiley Coyote] #3170136
07/17/20 10:14 AM
07/17/20 10:14 AM
mobile
C
charlie Offline
12 point
charlie  Offline
12 point
C
mobile
Its so widespread no one knows where they got it. Its a guessing game especially with the amount of asymptomatic carriers and different incubation periods.

Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: Wiley Coyote] #3170179
07/17/20 10:54 AM
07/17/20 10:54 AM
In your head
D
DaffyDucksWorstNightmare Offline
4 point
DaffyDucksWorstNightmare  Offline
4 point
D
In your head
Having a wife that works for Huntsville Hospital and it's a SLIPPERY SLOPE with the Covid situation. My wife gets tested and comes back positive she has to be out of work 21 days, NO PAY unless she uses her leave or unless she can somehow prove she caught it at the hospital. She has to have 2 negative results before she can return, and if she test positive that 21 days starts over again. one co worker has been out 8 weeks because "they" test positive every time "they" got checked, no symptoms just a positive test. 8 weeks without pay; not every family can sustain that lost income. Workers are getting thrown into a very stressful situation, treat this Covid patient but if you test positive you get thrown to the side like you don't matter, and the next worker comes in same thing happens.

With that said my wife refuses to wear the mask outside of work and now Aunt Bee is making her do it if she goes to the grocery store. Just a sad state of affairs at how much control our politicians have now.

Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: DaffyDucksWorstNightmare] #3170180
07/17/20 10:56 AM
07/17/20 10:56 AM
Clanton, AL
Out back Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Out back  Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Clanton, AL
Originally Posted by DaffyDucksWorstNightmare
Having a wife that works for Huntsville Hospital and it's a SLIPPERY SLOPE with the Covid situation. My wife gets tested and comes back positive she has to be out of work 21 days, NO PAY unless she uses her leave or unless she can somehow prove she caught it at the hospital. She has to have 2 negative results before she can return, and if she test positive that 21 days starts over again. one co worker has been out 8 weeks because "they" test positive every time "they" got checked, no symptoms just a positive test. 8 weeks without pay; not every family can sustain that lost income. Workers are getting thrown into a very stressful situation, treat this Covid patient but if you test positive you get thrown to the side like you don't matter, and the next worker comes in same thing happens.

With that said my wife refuses to wear the mask outside of work and now Aunt Bee is making her do it if she goes to the grocery store. Just a sad state of affairs at how much control our politicians have now.

Ain't Bea isn't making anybody wear a mask. She doesn't have the authority to break the law.
She said, herself, it's not enforceable.

My opinions and comments are my own. They do not reflect the position or political opinions of Aldeer or any of the Aldeer administration.
Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: DaffyDucksWorstNightmare] #3170224
07/17/20 11:40 AM
07/17/20 11:40 AM
A
abolt300 Offline
Booner
abolt300  Offline
Booner
A

And keep in mind that every single time she gets that positive result on her re-test to try to get back to work, it is entered as its own seperate case in both the state and the nationwide totals. Tests are not cataloged to a specific individual within a state's database or the CDC. Each test is viewed as a stand alone case and the results are added to the totals as either positive or negative. Wonder why cases are spiking? Now that widespread testing is available, how many people are getting re-tested so they can get back to work? I've got a single guy that works for us that personally accounts for 6 of Florida's confirmed covid tests. He's one person that ended up being tested 7 times. It took him 6 re-tests over a 3 week period before he finally got a negative so he could come back to work. I'm sure it is common everywhere.

Last edited by abolt300; 07/17/20 11:42 AM.
Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: Wiley Coyote] #3170249
07/17/20 12:12 PM
07/17/20 12:12 PM
Tuscaloosa, AL
Nightwatchman Offline
8 point
Nightwatchman  Offline
8 point
Tuscaloosa, AL
So here’s something on the masks:
I’ve been in a maternity ward for the past 36 hours. I’ve seen probably 15 different doctors and nurses come in and out tending to mrs nightwatchman and little night jr. every single one of them have had masks on and I am getting so sick and tired of straining to hear what they’re saying and asking them to repeat themselves. I haven’t vocalized this out loud because I don’t wanna sound ungrateful; they’re doing a great job of taking care of us, but I’ve been straining so hard to figure out what they’re saying through the mask it’s giving me a headache. Aggravating as heck and I get the idea that hospital staff are getting tired of repeating themselves. I’ve had a couple of them express some disdain for the masks themselves. I haven’t rendered my mask opinion to them because I don’t wanna come off as a whiny little sis but it does suck

Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: abolt300] #3170267
07/17/20 12:35 PM
07/17/20 12:35 PM
In your head
D
DaffyDucksWorstNightmare Offline
4 point
DaffyDucksWorstNightmare  Offline
4 point
D
In your head
Originally Posted by abolt300

And keep in mind that every single time she gets that positive result on her re-test to try to get back to work, it is entered as its own seperate case in both the state and the nationwide totals. Tests are not cataloged to a specific individual within a state's database or the CDC. Each test is viewed as a stand alone case and the results are added to the totals as either positive or negative. Wonder why cases are spiking? Now that widespread testing is available, how many people are getting re-tested so they can get back to work? I've got a single guy that works for us that personally accounts for 6 of Florida's confirmed covid tests. He's one person that ended up being tested 7 times. It took him 6 re-tests over a 3 week period before he finally got a negative so he could come back to work. I'm sure it is common everywhere.

You sir are absolutely correct. Each test is counted as a positive new case. Take in consideration that if that happens on a 100 re test when you see that 800 people test positive in 24hrs 100 of those already had it. And i am willing to bet a 100 retest is a SMALL sample size of how many people are actually retested.

Last edited by DaffyDucksWorstNightmare; 07/17/20 12:39 PM.
Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: Wiley Coyote] #3170268
07/17/20 12:40 PM
07/17/20 12:40 PM
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
jawbone Offline
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline
Freak of Nature
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
My wife actually had some minor outpatient work yesterday at Jackson in Montgomery and we noticed that a number of the nurses weren't wearing masks inside the hospital and told her that they weren't going to either. She wasn't being Karenish to them she just asked why the patients had to and they didn't? One of them just said the whole thing was ridiculous and she wasn't wearing one. Good enough.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: Wiley Coyote] #3170300
07/17/20 01:20 PM
07/17/20 01:20 PM
blount county alabama
I
imadeerhntr Offline
14 point
imadeerhntr  Offline
14 point
I
blount county alabama
If it’s mandatory mask now then should visitors not be allowed back into the hospital? I mean if everyone is wearing the cure all mask there should be no issues allowing them in.

Re: Hospital staff wear masks [Re: imadeerhntr] #3170302
07/17/20 01:22 PM
07/17/20 01:22 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Online confused
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Online Confused
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Originally Posted by imadeerhntr
If it’s mandatory mask now then should visitors not be allowed back into the hospital? I mean if everyone is wearing the cure all mask there should be no issues allowing them in.

Thats pretty dang good reasoning there, but no.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.