</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
WTB
by Okalona. 03/28/24 07:44 AM
Iso ruger american ranch
by AustinC. 03/27/24 08:20 PM
Ruger M77 6mm heavy barrel with Nikon Monarch
by bradbathome. 03/27/24 04:42 PM
Carpet Installation Equipment
by hunter84. 03/27/24 07:12 AM
$20013hp all-power side shaft generator motor
by HollerHunter. 03/26/24 07:43 PM
Serious Deer Talk
The Hollywood Buck.
by Frankie. 03/28/24 12:50 PM
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by SEWoodsWhitetail. 03/28/24 10:45 AM
High Fencing
by RareBreed. 03/26/24 10:45 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by TensawRiver. 03/26/24 01:26 PM
What makes you happy?
by Fishduck. 03/26/24 10:25 AM
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
West Jefferson County hunting club
by Jmfire722. 03/18/24 08:36 AM
Western Ky farm
by todd w. 03/15/24 01:23 PM
Information on bibb county hunting club
by quickshot. 03/10/24 01:46 PM
Hunting Club
by Hibby. 03/08/24 04:34 PM
Mississippi club
by Gobl4me. 03/07/24 09:55 PM
Who's Online Now
128 registered members (BCLC, Simpleman, clayk, crocker, BC_Reb, sw1002, ImThere, mathews prostaff, NICHOLS3, SuperSpike, NWFJ, Shmoe, Jmfire722, MMPineLevel, desertdog, doublefistful, tombo51, Uokman2014, bamaeyedoc, deadeye48, oakachoy, PanolaProductions, hyco, Quack Quack Bang, Sgiles, dawgdr, ShootemupTex, 3Gs, SpineDoc77, sloughfoot, 7PTSPREAD, Driveby, Chiller, joe sixpack, Turkeyneck78, Lockjaw, gobblebox, Squadron77, M48scout, AU7MM08, Chancetribe, Beulahboy, JLMiller, kyles, CeeHawk37, William, hawndog, geeb1, Skullworks, CNC, Livintohunt19, trailertrash, Remington270, Ryano, Chaser1, Ant67, Overland, Frankie, PineTop, WEMOhunter, turkey247, Brian_C, Uncle10point, JKlep, Blessed, BrandonClark, MarkAlan, hallb, JDW25, outdoorguy88, CarbonClimber1, Dragfan66, CAL, jlbuc10, hippi, WhoMe, leroyb, abolt300, znix123, jacannon, buck_buster, foldemup, BamaGuitarDude, Okatuppa, Fishduck, PourIron12, Coosa1, hunter84, Beadlescomb, South Ala Hunter, Turkey_neck, BradB, cartervj, ts1979flh, MS_Hunter, headshot, brushwhacker, Heath, BhamFred, Kang, bayouturkey, Tailwalk7, sanderson, BCD, oldbowhunter, Floorman1, AustinC, Ridge Life, Keysbowman, Showout, rutwad, Rockstar007, Big Bore, Shaneomac2, trlrdrdave, fur_n_feathers, Coosa buck, 11 invisible), 537 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: CNC] #3160973
07/04/20 09:48 PM
07/04/20 09:48 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
I can remember leaving parties when I was a teenager so high on pot I was hallucinating. I was very lucky to make it home. I understand most people build a tolerance quickly. There is a period of time when a person first starts smoking pot where it puts them in a state where they are not able to function properly. Certainly not able to drive. I know a few people who smoked pot once, freaked out on it and never wanted more. I know people who have done meth for decades and you would never know it. I have known people who work all week and reward themselves with a half an eight of crack on friday night, get up on saturday morning and go on about their business. I have a friend who has had a bad pot addiction, to the point it ruined his life, he would strongly disagree with what you say. Ive helped council alot of addicts addicted to everything you can imagine. Ive done drugs with people hooked on everything you can imagine. God didnt tell us so many times in the bible to "be sober" because its ok to get high a little. Heck, statistically alcohol does more harm to people in America than any of the drugs weve discussed. Very few people will even admit alcohol is a drug. Ive been on both sides of it and I feel like I have a pretty good perspective. If you considered all there is to consider without your own enjoyment of using it yourself, im sure your views would be atleast a little different. Im not condemning you for getting a buzz. Ive got plenty of problems of my own, I have no room to judge anyone. I just give the best advise I can based on my experiences.

Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: CNC] #3160978
07/04/20 10:02 PM
Central Alabama
MC21 Offline
10 point
MC21  Offline
10 point
Central Alabama
You don’t even have to smoke it any more. One day I’m going to try edibles. I’ve smoked weed probably less than 10 times in my life but I enjoyed it. Makes you more relaxed, helps you forget your problems, makes food taste 10 times better and everything seems funny

Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: kodiak06] #3160979
Awbarn, AL
CNC Online content OP
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Online Content OP
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
Originally Posted by kodiak06
PFFF, It's legal here, people smoke it and east of me in Portland is a large majority of the dumbasses in the U.S. I do see ya point though

People always jump straight to blaming it on the drugs.....but the truth is that most of the those folks were probably dumbasses long before they ever smoked pot. grin

The Corn Crash!!!
Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: jwalker77] #3160980
07/04/20 10:04 PM
07/04/20 10:04 PM
Central Alabama
MC21 Offline
10 point
MC21  Offline
10 point
Central Alabama
Originally Posted by jwalker77
I can remember leaving parties when I was a teenager so high on pot I was hallucinating. I was very lucky to make it home. I understand most people build a tolerance quickly. There is a period of time when a person first starts smoking pot where it puts them in a state where they are not able to function properly. Certainly not able to drive. I know a few people who smoked pot once, freaked out on it and never wanted more. I know people who have done meth for decades and you would never know it. I have known people who work all week and reward themselves with a half an eight of crack on friday night, get up on saturday morning and go on about their business. I have a friend who has had a bad pot addiction, to the point it ruined his life, he would strongly disagree with what you say. Ive helped council alot of addicts addicted to everything you can imagine. Ive done drugs with people hooked on everything you can imagine. God didnt tell us so many times in the bible to "be sober" because its ok to get high a little. Heck, statistically alcohol does more harm to people in America than any of the drugs weve discussed. Very few people will even admit alcohol is a drug. Ive been on both sides of it and I feel like I have a pretty good perspective. If you considered all there is to consider without your own enjoyment of using it yourself, im sure your views would be atleast a little different. Im not condemning you for getting a buzz. Ive got plenty of problems of my own, I have no room to judge anyone. I just give the best advise I can based on my experiences.

Well said.

Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: jwalker77] #3160989
07/04/20 10:18 PM
07/04/20 10:18 PM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Online content OP
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Online Content OP
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
Originally Posted by jwalker77

A certain percentage of society is born with a gene or type of personality that reacts differently to these situations than the rest of society, I tend to believe its a gene because my grandmother had 8 kids and each of them had 2-4 each and now they have kids.....and you can see the same traits running strong through much of the blood line. Many different personalities with a few common traits that lead to the same reaction to things like drugs. My mother has always said that the reason she doesn't drink or this or that is because she recognizes the she too has the same personality type and that she would likely react the same way as everyone else. It tends to be folks who are naturally high strung ......Now, with that being said.....there are also some folks who are just bad decision makers and it wouldn't matter if they lived life straight sober....their still gonna do stooped chit for some reason....

The Corn Crash!!!
Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: CNC] #3160992
07/04/20 10:23 PM
07/04/20 10:23 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Alot of sense in that too.

Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: CNC] #3161075
07/05/20 07:31 AM
07/05/20 07:31 AM
Lickskillet, AL
Irishguy Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Irishguy  Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Lickskillet, AL
I think Cannabis should have been legal a long time ago. If Alcohol is legal then Cannabis should be too.

I'm pretty much a Libertarian when it comes to most issues in that I feel that people should have the right to do pretty much anything they want as long as it doesn't affect other's rights to do the same or affect them negatively. Somebody smoking pot does not affect me, unless they are driving or working under the influence, and that's where the line is crossed and the government (Law enforcement) steps in and makes a law and enforces it. But if you want to smoke a doob on your back deck... Go for it.

Last edited by Irishguy; 07/05/20 07:32 AM.
Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: Irishguy] #3161080
07/05/20 07:43 AM
07/05/20 07:43 AM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Originally Posted by Irishguy
I think Cannabis should have been legal a long time ago. If Alcohol is legal then Cannabis should be too.

I'm pretty much a Libertarian when it comes to most issues in that I feel that people should have the right to do pretty much anything they want as long as it doesn't affect other's rights to do the same or affect them negatively. Somebody smoking pot does not affect me, unless they are driving or working under the influence, and that's where the line is crossed and the government (Law enforcement) steps in and makes a law and enforces it. But if you want to smoke a doob on your back deck... Go for it.

As I stated earlier, the same could be said for all controled substances. Maybe the reasoning should be if pot is illegal then alcohol should be too. Reckon why people use that reasoning to add something else that will take lives and cause damage to society instead of to take away something that is killing people. Alcohol has killed more people than Hitler and made more people sick than about any other chemical on earth. I know the answer to the question: I like the way it makes me feel and the way I feel right now is more important than the harm it might do tomorrow. Same thing thats been killing people for thousands of years.

Last edited by jwalker77; 07/05/20 07:49 AM.
Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: CNC] #3161092
07/05/20 08:19 AM
07/05/20 08:19 AM
North Baldwin County, Al
TensawRiver Offline
8 point
TensawRiver  Offline
8 point
North Baldwin County, Al
You can not legislate morality, Law can not change the heart. How'd that work out for the children of Israel. I'd suggest anyone needing drugs or alcohol to escape the pressures of this life are not actually living the abundant life, their still dead. Or they have forgotten who they are......."The righteousness of God in Christ"

As the great writers of old, I write these things to my Brothers in Christ. I don't expect others to understand.

Romans 8:1-2
"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, for the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of Sin and Death"
Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: CNC] #3161097
07/05/20 08:37 AM
07/05/20 08:37 AM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
I understand completely TensawRiver. I am 100% satisfied with this life God has built for me. No need to try to escape it. Sometimes its hard work, sometimes theres heartaches and sorrows but they are mine and put into my life for me to learn and gain from, all of those heartaches beinging me closer to him. "This is a land of hills and valleys". Instead of drowning out the pain, christians shouls seek the Lord in our pain and find the good he has in it for us. "All things work together for the good of those who love the Lord who are called according to his purpose", thats good and bad things. I want to get the good God promised out of all of them.

Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: CNC] #3161103
07/05/20 08:49 AM
07/05/20 08:49 AM
North Baldwin County, Al
TensawRiver Offline
8 point
TensawRiver  Offline
8 point
North Baldwin County, Al
You're right and I totally agree. I too have my own struggles, it's been four years since my wife had an affair and walked away. Sometimes I still feel as if I'm on the backside of the dessert or I'm just missing what He's trying to teach me. Maybe I'm still on the backside I don't know or maybe like Christ "It's not my time". He said on a few occasions (think the wedding) it wasn't his time. He walked this earth for 33 years and never performed one miracle, no doubt experienced loss maybe even in his family. It wasn't His time, may not be my time or yours or maybe like you said maybe our time is in between all those hills, from one valley to the next.

Anyway, I agree wid cha

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, for the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of Sin and Death"
Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: CNC] #3161134
07/05/20 09:57 AM
07/05/20 09:57 AM
Henry county
coldtrail Offline
12 point
coldtrail  Offline
12 point
Henry county
If its legal the government will be running the show. I'm not a fan of that.

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days" Ray Wylie Hubbard
Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: CNC] #3161148
07/05/20 10:12 AM
07/05/20 10:12 AM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Online content OP
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Online Content OP
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
It’s not all just about getting messed up and catching a buzz……or needing to escape reality, etc……We’re all internally wired a little different from each other. The group of folks I was referring to last night could easily be compared to a Lab. They're often times intelligent people with high energy and drive…..and just like with the Lab……that natural drive and energy is gonna manifest itself in some way. It has the potential to be epic disaster or epic success just depending on how its handled…..there isn’t the option though of just turning it off. Its all good if you have something constructive to focus that energy on day in and day out but that’s not always possible and even still…..sometimes you just want to be able to enjoy not doing chit for a moment like everyone else is able to do. Its hard for people to understand who aren’t made this way. They have the ability to just sit and doing nothing and being perfectly fine with it….bask in the enjoyment of it even. They have an “idle” setting that their motor can be switched to with ease. I and many other don’t have this idle setting…..Its simply “on” and “off”……My brain is running wide open and thinking about some insignificant something even when I’m just brushing my teeth at night….I was thinking about that last night while I was brushing my teeth!!.....The only way I can “idle” without it being like torment is through something like pot or alcohol. Without it my idle is more like an engine revving up over and over and over……This results in things like anxiety, etc when forced into a situation where theres no other choice but to do so…I’m pretty sure that if I were ever put in solitary confinement for a prolonged period like folks have happen in prison that I’d probably eventually go certifiably insane. One of the worst situations for me personally are social events where the whole purpose is to gather up with friends and not do chit together….This is an enjoyable thing for most people but its torture for me without something like beer or pot to help put me in “idle” and even still it just gives me a really restless, anxious feeling. Without a little mild sedation, I’d probably be peeling the paint off the walls before it was over.

With all that being said….I actually don’t even smoke that much weed these days but don’t think twice about it if I do want to. There’s been times though when that Lab was put on chain in a small yard and needed it just to stay sane and not chew holes through the floor of the house or something. I try to keep something positive going to focus my energy toward like working on the house or land, etc…and when I’m not doing that I chit chat about deer. I think the best thing for these folks like I described to Jwalker is having something positive to direct that energy into…..without it these folks can be as someone described a lab…..a destructive force of nature.

Last edited by CNC; 07/05/20 10:15 AM.

The Corn Crash!!!
Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: CNC] #3161182
07/05/20 11:34 AM
07/05/20 11:34 AM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
CNC im not trying to turn this into a religious debate or judge your spirituality. There are two things I find wrong with smoking pot, ive already mentioned both of them. What youre describing sounds like using it as a medacine to improve your life. The bible says he gave us the seedbearing herbs to use. It also says repeatedly to be sober. Somehow, to stay in the good youve got to reconcile the two. No body ever went to hell for smoking a joint and I wouldnt even go as far to say a man cant have a fruitful relationship with God and use marijuana. But when a man leaves sobreity he steps away from Gods wishes for us for atleast some period of time. You seem like a reasonable intelligent human and you obviously consider your relationship with the Lord and his creation. Im sure youve given this subject careful consideration before you acted on it. Thats about all you can ask of a person.

Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: CNC] #3161208
07/05/20 12:12 PM
07/05/20 12:12 PM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Online content OP
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Online Content OP
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
I think the reason the Bible talks about being ‘sober” like you’re describing is because God wants you to understand things in life like love, compassion, grief, suffering, etc….and in your understanding of these things….allow it to mold who you are as a person. I think what’s its saying not to do is to either go through life so unsober that you never even recognize these things…..(it says something in there about it impacting your relationship with God)….or going through life unsober in order to purposely hide or escape from these parts of life with full knowledge of them. Where we differ in opinion here is that I don’t think smoking pot automatically puts someone I these same categories as “unsober”…..Let’s just say that I decide to burn one next Wed…..The same person you’re sitting here talking to now who has at least some understanding of these things…..he doesn’t just suddenly become irrational and on a road to hell in a handbasket. He can still be completely in tune with what God wants…..,he may just want to relax for a moment and let the gears in his head shut off…..or he may just want to enjoy a nice evening of yard work in the same manner as everyone else instead of attacking it like he’s on production quota. Pot helps some people to moderate and throttle back a little….It not always about just “getting fugged up” as people see it. Its actually never been about that for me exept maybe when I first did it when I was young. Also, pot is something that even a “lab” can typically moderate the use instead of bringing out the worst lab trait of binge until its all gone.

The Corn Crash!!!
Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: CNC] #3161319
07/05/20 03:45 PM
07/05/20 03:45 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Well CNC I reckon were as close as were gona get to an agreement on this one. Good conversation though.

Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: CNC] #3161346
07/05/20 04:32 PM
07/05/20 04:32 PM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Online content OP
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Online Content OP
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
I agree …good discussion and I completely understand where you’re coming from…..I think you may be interpreting it more strictly than what was meant but there’s nothing wrong with playing it conservatively if that’s how one feels. I think the meaning of it is talking more about an overall lifestyle and behavior of an individual and not condemning the use of anything that alters your mood or state of being. If that were the case then what about sugar, caffeine???.....What about dopamine and adrenaline that you produce naturally??? Lots of things are mood altering, etc…..

One last question before let this one go…..I’m just curious how folks see this part of it……Why did God put Marijuana here on Earth if it was wrong to use it? What’s the passage say about giving us all the plants to use, etc..etc….I forget the exact wording…..Do you think he made a mistake when he made marijuana??

Last edited by CNC; 07/05/20 04:33 PM.

The Corn Crash!!!
Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: CNC] #3161352
07/05/20 04:44 PM
07/05/20 04:44 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Cbd dont get you high right? Cbd has been proven by science and doctors to help people with certain conditions. You also might should study up a little more about drug use biblically. God considers it the same as witchcraft. Its in there, youve just got to dig it out. Substances which alter your mind are considered types of potions.

Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: CNC] #3161354
07/05/20 04:46 PM
07/05/20 04:46 PM
Alabama
G
getting old Offline
8 point
getting old  Offline
8 point
G
Alabama
Ne desire to debate the use of marijuana. I don't care either way. Individual choice.

In answer to your question: God also made chiggers, fire ants, skeeters, hemlock, tobacco, deadly nightshade, etc.

Re: Just my opinion but..... [Re: CNC] #3161385
07/05/20 05:55 PM
07/05/20 05:55 PM
North Baldwin County, Al
TensawRiver Offline
8 point
TensawRiver  Offline
8 point
North Baldwin County, Al
Just maybe He meant for man to figure out away to use it for medicinal purposes, which I have no problem with at all. I just can't find were after a stressful day or too many thoughts going through His mind. From trying to hear the Father speak and all the chaos going on around Him. That He slipped off from the disciples to a quiet garden and fired up a joint.

I'm just the opposite mentally I guess, but I do hear what you're saying and can sympathize with you on that. I may not can fully understand it as I'm not in your shoes but kinda sounds like a mental issue to me. Maybe some prayer along with some good counseling could help.

I mean none of that in disrespect to you at all and pray it's not taken as such. As said I'm not in your shoes so it's just a little hard to understand.

Oh! and He made no mistakes expect for maybe making my dumb, slow retarded, stubborn self.

Last edited by TensawRiver; 07/05/20 05:58 PM.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.