</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
WTB
by Okalona. 03/28/24 07:44 AM
Iso ruger american ranch
by AustinC. 03/27/24 08:20 PM
Ruger M77 6mm heavy barrel with Nikon Monarch
by bradbathome. 03/27/24 04:42 PM
Carpet Installation Equipment
by hunter84. 03/27/24 07:12 AM
$20013hp all-power side shaft generator motor
by HollerHunter. 03/26/24 07:43 PM
Serious Deer Talk
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by SEWoodsWhitetail. 03/28/24 10:45 AM
The Hollywood Buck.
by daylate. 03/28/24 10:08 AM
High Fencing
by RareBreed. 03/26/24 10:45 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by TensawRiver. 03/26/24 01:26 PM
What makes you happy?
by Fishduck. 03/26/24 10:25 AM
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
West Jefferson County hunting club
by Jmfire722. 03/18/24 08:36 AM
Western Ky farm
by todd w. 03/15/24 01:23 PM
Information on bibb county hunting club
by quickshot. 03/10/24 01:46 PM
Hunting Club
by Hibby. 03/08/24 04:34 PM
Mississippi club
by Gobl4me. 03/07/24 09:55 PM
Who's Online Now
114 registered members (Squadron77, WPZJR, 7PTSPREAD, odocoileus, CCC, DoubleB, Whitebone, CarbonClimber1, Strictlybow, PaytonWP, Ridge Life, doghouse, Treelimb, BBD23, bamaeyedoc, Megatrondiablo, Dog, Billbrassky, BC_Reb, Floorman1, Morris, Semo, reeve025, AustinC, BamaFan64, Skullworks, Justice, Tracker, huntndad, rrice0725, Ben2, Overland, Mulcher, Hoytdad10, Roondog, Duck, Chancetribe, trailertrash, Dubie, Stu, ShootemupTex, Tailwalk7, phinfan, Bruno, slippinlipjr, Thread Killer, Hunting-231, jarcher38, Turkey, WEMOhunter, William, jwalker77, globe, aucountry, Woody1, G/H, 25-20, hunterturf, JCL, jdhunter2011, aucivil, AJones, bfoote, Gobble4me757, hallb, SEWoodsWhitetail, Morgan, bamacamp, hunter84, Atoler, KnightRyder, booner, fillmore, Smitty4Bama, 3Gs, Huntn2feed5, 202P&Y, buzzard, Kang, leroyb, kodiak06, sawdust, DryFire, Joe4majors, Redman3, ts1979flh, JDW25, PanolaProductions, auman, BCLC, sevenup, WhoMe, Chaser357, centralala, foldemup, 270wsm, abolt300, sloughfoot, Haybale, Shaneomac2, Fishduck, Zzzfog, Tigger85, 11 invisible), 498 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19
Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: canvasback] #3121351
05/12/20 12:26 AM
05/12/20 12:26 AM
Covington county AL
Zzzfog Online content
6 point
Zzzfog  Online Content
6 point
Covington county AL
There are a lot more idiots on here than I would’ve thought siding with an obvious thief who was on video multiple times in private residences. He made a deadly choice to fight a man with a shotgun minutes after trespassing and entering private property. Out jogging my ass!

Right and wrong will never change---only people's perception!
Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: jake5050] #3121353
05/12/20 12:30 AM
05/12/20 12:30 AM
North of 459 South of 20
B
bhammedic84 Offline
8 point
bhammedic84  Offline
8 point
B
North of 459 South of 20
Originally Posted by jake5050
Well if you assume 12 tax paying voting georgia citizens is going to all agree on murder then you are dead wrong haha. The prosecutor is not that stupid, but for these two guys sake I hope he is so they are acquitted.

am i now?? well we will just have to see what happens then

Turkey’s tell you when they want to die not lawmakers.
Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: Zzzfog] #3121354
05/12/20 12:36 AM
05/12/20 12:36 AM
North of 459 South of 20
B
bhammedic84 Offline
8 point
bhammedic84  Offline
8 point
B
North of 459 South of 20
Originally Posted by Zzzfog
There are a lot more idiots on here than I would’ve thought siding with an obvious thief who was on video multiple times in private residences. He made a deadly choice to fight a man with a shotgun minutes after trespassing and entering private property. Out jogging my ass!

do you have proof that he STOLE anything?? if so post it, and i dont mean a video of him entering a house not taking anything i mean real physical documented proof that he stole something. if not he didnt make a deadly choice, the two men who thought they were the law made that decision for him. until all the evidence comes out i will label them as vigilantes who took the law into their own hands.

Under Georgia code, Moore says a citizen can use force if they fear for their life, but they cannot create a confrontation themselves and then claim self defense after harming someone. Especially if they did not witness a crime take place.

"It does not allow us to create armed posses and roam the community looking for someone we think might have done something wrong," Moore said.

from the FACTS we have now these men created a confrontation, harmed someone and then tried to claim the self defense

Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: canvasback] #3121357
05/12/20 01:09 AM
05/12/20 01:09 AM
Spanish Fort
O
ozarktroutbum Offline
10 point
ozarktroutbum  Offline
10 point
O
Spanish Fort
Not having been keeping up but seeing how long this has gotten it looks like everyone is pretty much just rolling around in poop. Some more so than others, but that’s all I’ll say.

Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: canvasback] #3121359
05/12/20 01:35 AM
05/12/20 01:35 AM
Spanish Fort
O
ozarktroutbum Offline
10 point
ozarktroutbum  Offline
10 point
O
Spanish Fort
My prediction based on the “facts” at this point...someone is going to prison. And it’s not the dead guy. Fault on both sides but it ain’t looking like it’s distributed equally...

Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: ozarktroutbum] #3121360
05/12/20 02:00 AM
05/12/20 02:00 AM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline
Booner
M
Chilton County
Originally Posted by ozarktroutbum
My prediction based on the “facts” at this point...someone is going to prison. And it’s not the dead guy. Fault on both sides but it ain’t looking like it’s distributed equally...

I don't think it will be murder 1 like many of the civil rights groups want. Of course, the guy with the gun instigated the confrontation but in the video it looks like the guy with the gun is backpedaling while being pummeled with fists. This will be fodder for a seasoned defense attorney. I tried to bring this up on a Facebook discussion and was basically labeled a racist for it.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: MarksOutdoors] #3121362
05/12/20 02:35 AM
05/12/20 02:35 AM
North of 459 South of 20
B
bhammedic84 Offline
8 point
bhammedic84  Offline
8 point
B
North of 459 South of 20
Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors

I don't think it will be murder 1 like many of the civil rights groups want. Of course, the guy with the gun instigated the confrontation but in the video it looks like the guy with the gun is backpedaling while being pummeled with fists. This will be fodder for a seasoned defense attorney. I tried to bring this up on a Facebook discussion and was basically labeled a racist for it.

if this is what you are seeing then if anything the man doing the punching is acting in self defense. he was in fear for his life after being ran down and charged at with guns. yes the two (father/son) instigated this and it should have never got to the point where someone died, you can call him a piece of shucks thief of what have you, but if that was your son or dad or what ever that was shot dead because he looked like a suspect you all would be wanting justice as well

Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: bhammedic84] #3121363
05/12/20 02:40 AM
05/12/20 02:40 AM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline
Booner
M
Chilton County
Originally Posted by bhammedic84

if this is what you are seeing then if anything the man doing the punching is acting in self defense. he was in fear for his life after being ran down and charged at with guns. yes the two (father/son) instigated this and it should have never got to the point where someone died, you can call him a piece of shucks thief of what have you, but if that was your son or dad or what ever that was shot dead because he looked like a suspect you all would be wanting justice as well

Look at it from the defense attorney's angle. I guarantee you they will exploit it to their full advantage. They will have a very capable team since they know the rest of their lives is at stake and will
have the house on a second mortgage to pay for it. Sure, we think we know the one punching is acting in self defense. But the optics of it are very clear. Lunging forward and throwing punches at a backpedaling person will be presented just as it is on the video.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: MarksOutdoors] #3121364
05/12/20 03:38 AM
05/12/20 03:38 AM
North of 459 South of 20
B
bhammedic84 Offline
8 point
bhammedic84  Offline
8 point
B
North of 459 South of 20

Look at it from the defense attorney's angle. I guarantee you they will exploit it to their full advantage. They will have a very capable team since they know the rest of their lives is at stake and will
have the house on a second mortgage to pay for it. Sure, we think we know the one punching is acting in self defense. But the optics of it are very clear. Lunging forward and throwing punches at a backpedaling person will be presented just as it is on the video.

yes it will presented that way but to a jury the man with the shotgun initiated the confrontation and there for the self-defense thing in my opinion is out the window. you can not start to try and assault someone the you get your ass handed to you and you in turn kill them and cry self-defense

Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: canvasback] #3121369
05/12/20 04:45 AM
05/12/20 04:45 AM
North Alabama
W
Wiley Coyote Offline
Freak of Nature
Wiley Coyote  Offline
Freak of Nature
W
North Alabama
I'm still waiting for ALL the evidence but here's y'all a hypothetical......... IF the person with the shotgun had been a police officer and everything in the video remained the same would the officer be justified in pulling the trigger?

I firmly believe that a double gallows should be constructed on the East Lawn of The White House. Politicians who willfully and shamelessly violate their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America should be swiftly tried and, upon conviction, publicly hanged at sunup the day after conviction. If multiple convicts are to be hanged they can choose with whom to share the gallows or names shall be drawn from the hangman's hat to be hanged 2 at a time.

NRA Life Member
Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: canvasback] #3121380
05/12/20 05:42 AM
05/12/20 05:42 AM
Prattville, Alabama
Skullworks Online content
Freak of Nature
Skullworks  Online Content
Freak of Nature
Prattville, Alabama
Sadly if the guy hadn't been piddling where he shouldn't have been piddling and the vigilantes hadn't been playing Rambo then one would still be alive and the other two wouldn't be going to trial and thrown their lives away.

"I'm not near as critical about how big they are as I once was. Smiles are more important now! We will grow more deer."
Jimmy G.
Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: canvasback] #3121410
05/12/20 07:24 AM
05/12/20 07:24 AM
Mississippi/Alabama state line
R
Rutabaga Offline
8 point
Rutabaga  Offline
8 point
R
Mississippi/Alabama state line
If I am holding a shotgun and someone attacks me, I am pulling the trigger.

I like Jiffy cornbread.
Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: canvasback] #3121414
05/12/20 07:26 AM
05/12/20 07:26 AM
behind my Dillon
dave260rem! Offline
Skinny’s Ex
dave260rem!  Offline
Skinny’s Ex
behind my Dillon
Jogging=urban piddling. To answer Wiley's question Yes Man lunges at you attacks you goes for your weapon that means he's no longer an urban piddler he's now a threat.Threats get shot.

Only hits count.
Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: skidboot77] #3121445
05/12/20 08:12 AM
05/12/20 08:12 AM
Your mom’s house
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Your mom’s house
Originally Posted by skidboot77

You honestly believe the black guy wasnt up to no good and was just jogging? I don’t think a person on here thinks he deserved to be shot. I take offense to people equating this to a lynching. There was a double murder of a innocent elderly white couple visiting a veterans cemetery, by a young black man this past weekend. There appears to be no motive. I think this was most likely a racial hate crime driven by the media exposure of this incident. You will see very little of this murder in the national media and certainly no description of the people involved. The random killings of innocent police officers by young black males is a regular occurrence. All this driven by a “manipulated” national media narrative driven by incidents like the one we are discussing.

Oh, I promise you there are people on this thread that think he deserved to be shot and killed. That is clear from reading some of the post.

Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: bhammedic84] #3121447
05/12/20 08:16 AM
05/12/20 08:16 AM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
Originally Posted by Zzzfog

do you have proof that he STOLE anything?? if so post it, and i dont mean a video of him entering a house not taking anything i mean real physical documented proof that he stole something. if not he didnt make a deadly choice, the two men who thought they were the law made that decision for him. until all the evidence comes out i will label them as vigilantes who took the law into their own hands.

Under Georgia code, Moore says a citizen can use force if they fear for their life, but they cannot create a confrontation themselves and then claim self defense after harming someone. Especially if they did not witness a crime take place.

"It does not allow us to create armed posses and roam the community looking for someone we think might have done something wrong," Moore said.

from the FACTS we have now these men created a confrontation, harmed someone and then tried to claim the self defense

the fact he has already been arrested for stealing makes him a thief, not to mention items previously stolen from the house under construction where the thief was caught on video. And " the two men who thought they were the law" was a retired detective for the DA, and his son who also worked for the DA office. The father has previous dealing with the suspect before any of this. So it aint just "some guys" who saw "a black dude" Even if he didn't take anything, if they witnessed him enter the property with intent to commit a crime, Thats burglary, the fact he is trying to escape the scene of the crime also gives them the right to perform a citizens arrest. You say the mcnights created a situation, but i say the thief created the situation. All that aside, the mcnights had every right to be in the road were they was at(also according to GA code), Aubrey could of turned around went left or right or any number of things, but HE chose to use the truck as cover to close the distance at which point he travelled from the passenger side of the truck to the drivers side and attacked a guy holding a shotgun and tried to remove the shotgun. Not from fear that the mcknights were going to kill him but because he was trying to evade capture.

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: canvasback] #3121449
05/12/20 08:21 AM
05/12/20 08:21 AM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
from the DA's letter
Fifth
The video made by William Bryan clearly shows the shooting in realtime. From said video it
appears Ahmaud Arbery was running along the right side of the McMichael truck then abruptly
turns 90 degrees to the left and attacks Travis McMichaelwho was standing at the front left
corner ofthetruck . A brief skirmish ensues in which it appear Arbery strikes McMichael and
appears to grab the shotgun andpull it from McMichael The shot is through Arbery s right
hand palm which is consistent with him grabbing and pulling the shotgun at the barrel tip , the
2nd and 3rd wounds are consistentwith the struggle for the shotgun as depicted in the video , the
angle of the 2nd shot with the rear of the buttstock being pushed away and down from the fight
arealso consistent with the upward angle ofblood plume shown in the video and that McMichael
was attempting to push the gun away from Arbery while Arbery was pulling it toward himself.
The 3rd shot too appears to be in a struggle over the gun. The angle of the shots and the video
show this was from the beginning or almost immediately became-- a fight over the shotgun .
Given the fact Arbery initiated the fight, at the point Arbery grabbed the shotgun, under Georgia
Law , McMichael was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself.
Just as importantly, while weknow McMichael had his finger on the trigger, we do notknow
who caused the firings. Arbery would only had to pull the shotgun approximately 1/ 16th to
1/ 8th of one inch to fire weapon himself and in the height of an altercation this is entirely
possible. Arbery s mentalhealth records & prior convictions help explain his apparent
aggressive nature and his possible thoughtpattern to attack an armed man .
OCGA 16 - 3 - 21Use ofForce in Defense, once confronted with a deadly force situation an individualis allowed to use
deadly force to defend themselves or others OCGA 16 - 3- 23 . 1Georgia' s NoDuty to RetreatLaw , an individualis
notrequired to back away from or submitto an attack; OCGA 16 - 3- 24 [b ] The useofforce which is intended or
likely to cause death or greatbodily harm to preventtrespass on or other tortiousor criminal interferencewith real
property other than a habitation or personalproperty is notjustified unless the person using such force reasonably
believes that itisnecessary to preventthe commission of a forcible felony.
OCGA 16 - 3- 24 .2 A person properly and legally defending themselvesis immune from prosecution

Last edited by goodman_hunter; 05/12/20 08:22 AM.

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: canvasback] #3121451
05/12/20 08:24 AM
05/12/20 08:24 AM
You are ignoring this user
Thread Killer Online content
10 point
Thread Killer  Online Content
10 point
You are ignoring this user
14 pages for this?

Last edited by Thread Killer; 05/12/20 08:27 AM.
Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: doekiller] #3121454
05/12/20 08:31 AM
05/12/20 08:31 AM
Montgomery, Alabama
B
bama1971 Offline
10 point
bama1971  Offline
10 point
B
Montgomery, Alabama
Originally Posted by doekiller

Oh, I promise you there are people on this thread that think he deserved to be shot and killed. That is clear from reading some of the post.

Well, he was piddlin in a white neighborhood

Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: Thread Killer] #3121456
05/12/20 08:32 AM
05/12/20 08:32 AM
Some Marriott/Auburn
A
AU7MM08 Offline
Booner
AU7MM08  Offline
Booner
A
Some Marriott/Auburn
Originally Posted by Thread Killer
14 pages for this?

Way too modest. 20+

Re: Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia [Re: canvasback] #3121459
05/12/20 08:35 AM
05/12/20 08:35 AM
North Alabama
W
Wiley Coyote Offline
Freak of Nature
Wiley Coyote  Offline
Freak of Nature
W
North Alabama
Again, if ALL the circumstances were the same BUT the confrontation was with a police officer what would the difference be?

I firmly believe that a double gallows should be constructed on the East Lawn of The White House. Politicians who willfully and shamelessly violate their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America should be swiftly tried and, upon conviction, publicly hanged at sunup the day after conviction. If multiple convicts are to be hanged they can choose with whom to share the gallows or names shall be drawn from the hangman's hat to be hanged 2 at a time.

NRA Life Member
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.