</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Mathews lift 29.5
by Bows4evr. 04/18/24 09:53 PM
Trade or sell
by buzzbait. 04/18/24 05:07 PM
95 Ford F250 HD
by Rudy. 04/18/24 02:15 PM
WTB RugerMK IV 22/45 tactical
by JLavender. 04/17/24 08:08 PM
2011 Toyota RAV4
by jsubrett6. 04/16/24 10:00 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Tdogs mount
by Jdkprp70. 04/18/24 09:55 PM
Windy.com
by quailman. 04/18/24 09:46 PM
First cwd transmission to human?
by donia. 04/18/24 06:53 AM
seems like
by donia. 04/17/24 04:01 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by jdhunter2011. 04/17/24 11:42 AM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
G&E Hunting Club Questions
by booner. 04/11/24 01:11 PM
Who's Online Now
49 registered members (hyco, Lonster, Tigger85, AJones, woodduck, Hester, BAR1225, Guru, BCLC, dave260rem!, Woody1, dtmwtp, canichols424, Whild_Bill, Narrow Gap, Big AL 76, RareBreed, Mjh97, Captain Howdy, BentBarrel, therealhojo, cullbuck, Cuz-Pat, btfl, GrandSlam, Morris, WinstonVizsla, outdoorguy88, turkey247, JRF, hopper35005, Semo, dwaugh, BC_Reb, CouchNapper, scrubbuck, TDog93, green river 123, BatesConst, Jstocks, jhardy, Auburn_03, 4Tigers, M48scout, crenshawco, joe sixpack, Aldecks1, jaydub12, 1 invisible), 748 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Vapers [Re: goodman_hunter] #2924013
10/11/19 05:31 AM
Moundville, Al
SuperSpike Offline
40 Year Old Bowhunting Virgin
SuperSpike  Offline
40 Year Old Bowhunting Virgin
Moundville, Al
I don’t smoke or vape but I do know that if the government says we need to ban something because it’s bad for you, what they’re really saying is it’s killing our pockets and interests. So let’s demonize it so we can tax it heavily and continue what we’re doing.

Re: Vapers [Re: Irishguy] #2924014
Houston County
H
Hoytdad10 Offline
8 point
Hoytdad10  Offline
8 point
H
Houston County
Originally Posted by Irishguy
This is how politicians, who make a salary just like we do, get filthy rich in office.

That's the truth.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
Re: Vapers [Re: goodman_hunter] #2924033
10/11/19 06:41 AM
10/11/19 06:41 AM
Chelsea, AL
lefthorn Offline
14 point
lefthorn  Offline
14 point
Chelsea, AL
I have heard that one juul pod contains the same amount of nicotine as 1 pack of cigarettes. And apparently these kids will go through 2-3 pods in an evening

Re: Vapers [Re: lefthorn] #2924036
10/11/19 06:48 AM
10/11/19 06:48 AM
Your mom’s house
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Your mom’s house
Originally Posted by lefthorn
I have heard that one juul pod contains the same amount of nicotine as 1 pack of cigarettes. And apparently these kids will go through 2-3 pods in an evening

I don’t know where you get that info. But, I know about 1/2 dozen people that use a juul and they last 3-4 days unless you are sharing them. Now, from talking to my son, the kids he knows that use them can go through that many in a day. But, only because they typically share them among several kids that are all together.

Re: Vapers [Re: goodman_hunter] #2924038
10/11/19 06:51 AM
10/11/19 06:51 AM
Your mom’s house
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Your mom’s house
Like Goomer said, every one of the people getting sick and dying are using black market products. You can get black market pods even for a juul that can be refilled. There is no telling what people are putting in the black market ones or the refillable ones.

It isn’t all THC related either. There are legal THC vape cartridges in states where marijuana is legal. Those are again, not the problem, it is the black market, homemade products.

Re: Vapers [Re: doekiller] #2924043
10/11/19 06:58 AM
10/11/19 06:58 AM
Chelsea, AL
lefthorn Offline
14 point
lefthorn  Offline
14 point
Chelsea, AL
Originally Posted by doekiller

I don’t know where you get that info. But, I know about 1/2 dozen people that use a juul and they last 3-4 days unless you are sharing them. Now, from talking to my son, the kids he knows that use them can go through that many in a day. But, only because they typically share them among several kids that are all together.

Got if from the Shelby County Drug Task Force/Compact 2020. They came and did a presentation on vaping at our church. Informative. I knew there were chemicals in those things instead of “just water vapor” but I was shocked to see what chemicals. Definitely didn’t look any better than smoking. About only difference is you don’t get the tar that is associated with actual smoke

Re: Vapers [Re: Ben2] #2924048
10/11/19 07:07 AM
10/11/19 07:07 AM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Originally Posted by Ben2
Originally Posted by jwalker77
I dont give two craps about a politician. I commented on the suggestion that we the people got screwed because something that is killing people probably wont be around much longer. I dont care about the politicians, whos making or losing money on whats happening here. I dont care. The fact that ecigs wont be around much longer is a good thing. Thats what I am saying.

So with that said should we outlaw cars, tobacco, alcohol, guns etc? They all kill a whole lot more people each decade. I hate vaping but it's not the government's place to tell me how dumb I can be

By this reasoning we should just dissolve the usda and the fda because their work and research is just an infringement on our rights. Anybody should be able to sell any product in america no matter the damage it does because we are free.

Last edited by jwalker77; 10/11/19 07:08 AM.
Re: Vapers [Re: jwalker77] #2924050
10/11/19 07:13 AM
10/11/19 07:13 AM
Pelham
Ben2 Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Ben2  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Pelham
Originally Posted by Ben2
I dont give two craps about a politician. I commented on the suggestion that we the people got screwed because something that is killing people probably wont be around much longer. I dont care about the politicians, whos making or losing money on whats happening here. I dont care. The fact that ecigs wont be around much longer is a good thing. Thats what I am saying.

So with that said should we outlaw cars, tobacco, alcohol, guns etc? They all kill a whole lot more people each decade. I hate vaping but it's not the government's place to tell me how dumb I can be

By this reasoning we should just dissolve the usda and the fda because their work and research is just an infringement on our rights. Anybody should be able to sell any product in america no matter the damage it does because we are free.

Are we selling tobacco? Are we selling alcohol? Are we selling bacon? Are they killing people by the thousands yearly? So why cant someone sell a product that a few dozen people have died from? If we ban it we should ban the others I would think.

Banning vaping would be like banning bottled 7up because someone pours seagrums 7 in it and does from alcohol poisoning. And again I think vaping may be the dumbest thing in the world but it sounds like the people using it improperly are more of a problem than the product

Last edited by Ben2; 10/11/19 07:19 AM.
Re: Vapers [Re: goodman_hunter] #2924078
10/11/19 08:16 AM
10/11/19 08:16 AM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline OP
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline OP
Booner
coffee county
for fuzzy, just the first one i pulled up. I read alot so I'm not sure were i got the 86 percent. Its possible i confused the numbers from this article that said 86 patients. Not sure. But at the time of this article the cdc said 77%

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...ries-linked-marijuana-products-cdc-says/

[url=Nationally, CDC officials said most of the people in the outbreak, or 77 percent, reported using THC-containing products or both THC and nicotine-containing products. That is the “most prominent link across all patients,” said Anne Schuchat, the CDC’s principal deputy director, during a briefing with reporters. AD The data from Wisconsin and Illinois, which Schuchat described as “very compelling,” along with more information from a national snapshot of patients who fell ill, prompted the CDC to modify its warning Friday. The agency is urging people to consider refraining from using any e-cigarette products, especially those containing THC. At the same time, even though evidence is “pointing to greater concern around THC-containing products,” Schuchat said officials don’t know whether that is the “only risky substance for lung injuries.” “We are in the midst of a complex investigation that is encompassing nearly all states, and involves serious, life-threatening disease in young healthy people who have reported the use of a wide variety of substances and products,” Schuchat said. Officials don’t know whether the illicit THC-containing vape cartridges associated with injuries in Wisconsin and Illinois are also linked to cases elsewhere. The FDA, which has been testing samples collected from patients, has not yet provided results on what substances were in the illicit cartridges collected from Wisconsin and Illinois patients. Patients obtained most of their illicit THC products from informal sources, including friends, illicit dealers or off the street, said Jennifer Layden, chief medical officer for Illinois’s health department. AD Some teens who regularly use THC vape cartridges say they are aware of many counterfeit products. One Northern Virginia high school senior said he relies on his regular supplier, who graduated from the same high school, to buy products from legal dispensaries in the District, where recreational use is legal. “I’ve smoked with him and smoked his stuff with him,” said the 17-year-old student, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to be candid. Officials also don’t know whether there is a particular solvent or adulterant in one product, whether there are multiple products, or whether there are multiple brands involved, Schuchat said. Officials have said they suspect the cause of the lung disease to be some kind of chemical exposure. One key focus of investigators is vitamin E oil, known as vitamin E acetate. Experts in the legal marijuana industry have said it has been used in the marijuana black market to stretch out THC oil that is used to fill vape cartridges. It is colorless and odorless, has similar viscosity to THC oil, and is much cheaper. AD Vitamin E acetate, which is sold legally, is commonly used as a nutritional supplement and in skin-care products. It’s not harmful when ingested or applied to the skin. But health officials have warned it could be hazardous when inhaled, potentially causing the sorts of symptoms many patients have reported: cough, shortness of breath and chest pain. Vitamin E acetate has been found in THC products taken from sickened patients and tested by state labs and the FDA’s forensic lab, officials have said. The national investigation now includes a criminal probe by the FDA and the Drug Enforcement Administration. Officials are not pursuing individual vapers. But the FDA is investigating whether individuals are manufacturing or distributing illicit, adulterated vaping products that caused illness and death for personal profit. That would be considered a criminal act, officials said. AD In a second report released Friday, CDC officials provided more detail about patients and what they reported vaping. More than two-thirds are male, with a median age of 23. Of 514 patients for whom officials had information on what they vaped, 395, or about 77 percent, said they used THC-containing products, with or without nicotine-containing products; 82, or 16 percent, said they exclusively used nicotine-containing products. Read more: Black market marijuana vaping products are potential culprits in deadly lung injuries Vaping-related illnesses soar to 805 cases in 46 states Vaping-linked injuries surge as FDA discloses criminal probe

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Vapers [Re: lefthorn] #2924087
10/11/19 08:22 AM
10/11/19 08:22 AM
Your mom’s house
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Your mom’s house
Originally Posted by doekiller

Got if from the Shelby County Drug Task Force/Compact 2020. They came and did a presentation on vaping at our church. Informative. I knew there were chemicals in those things instead of “just water vapor” but I was shocked to see what chemicals. Definitely didn’t look any better than smoking. About only difference is you don’t get the tar that is associated with actual smoke

Two things.

First, people need to separate vaping from e cigarettes. The whole big clouds of smoke is not coming from e cigarettes.

Second, I would take anything the drug TASC force told me with a grain of salt. I had one testify last week as an “expert” and he couldn’t tell me what suboxone was, he had heard of it, but wasn’t sure what it was. Yet, he claims to be an expert in the area of drugs.

Second

Re: Vapers [Re: lefthorn] #2924089
10/11/19 08:24 AM
10/11/19 08:24 AM
coffee county
Booner
Booner
coffee county

i wish i could have been there to hear his propoganda.
here's a link you should check out so you dont have to take my word for it.
https://www.vaporesso.com/blog/what-is-in-vape-juice

Last edited by goodman_hunter; 10/11/19 08:25 AM.

Re: Vapers [Re: goodman_hunter] #2924106
10/11/19 08:55 AM
10/11/19 08:55 AM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL
Originally Posted by goodman_hunter

i wish i could have been there to hear his propoganda.
here's a link you should check out so you dont have to take my word for it.
https://www.vaporesso.com/blog/what-is-in-vape-juice

Wait...you're attempting to combat what you consider vaping "propoganda" with a website that benefits financially from selling vaping accessories?

"You think I care? Roll Damn Tide"

Have you tried Google?
Re: Vapers [Re: goodman_hunter] #2924122
10/11/19 09:26 AM
10/11/19 09:26 AM
coffee county
Booner
Booner
coffee county
yeah your right, i wouldnt listen to folks who make it and are in the biz, I'd ask a policeman and pastor about the ingredients involved in making it. You guys crack me up sometimes.

Re: Vapers [Re: goodman_hunter] #2924132
10/11/19 09:50 AM
10/11/19 09:50 AM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
This thread would have more merit if it had started with "I enjoy sucking nicotine vapor down my throat and it pisses me off that I might not get to much longer". Theres no possible way inhaling these vapors can be good for you. If somebody wants to slowly kill themselves this way sobeit but to argue that theres no bad effects from it is crazy. But we hear the same argument from the alcoholics about alcohol, same argument from the stoners about pot, the same argument from smokers about cigarettes. I can see bens point that there is alot of hypocrisy in what is legal and whats not, but there has to be a line somewhere. I bet I could put cyanide pills in the shelf and advertise them as a way to escape lifes troubles and more thar 26 teenagers would eat them and die because teenagers do stupid crap. Surely we could agree though that we shouldnt be able to sell those cyanide pills, so where do we draw the line?.

Re: Vapers [Re: goodman_hunter] #2924296
10/11/19 03:30 PM
10/11/19 03:30 PM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL
yeah your right, i wouldnt listen to folks who make it and are in the biz, I'd ask a policeman and pastor about the ingredients involved in making it. You guys crack me up sometimes.

OK...so you believe advertising propaganda.

Glad we got that settled.

It's not like they're going to tell you that there's anything bad in them if they're trying to sell them right? Surely you can agree with that?

Have you tried Google?
Re: Vapers [Re: jwalker77] #2924303
10/11/19 03:42 PM
10/11/19 03:42 PM
coffee county
Booner
Booner
coffee county
This thread would have more merit if it had started with "I enjoy sucking nicotine vapor down my throat and it pisses me off that I might not get to much longer". Theres no possible way inhaling these vapors can be good for you. If somebody wants to slowly kill themselves this way sobeit but to argue that theres no bad effects from it is crazy. But we hear the same argument from the alcoholics about alcohol, same argument from the stoners about pot, the same argument from smokers about cigarettes. I can see bens point that there is alot of hypocrisy in what is legal and whats not, but there has to be a line somewhere. I bet I could put cyanide pills in the shelf and advertise them as a way to escape lifes troubles and more thar 26 teenagers would eat them and die because teenagers do stupid crap. Surely we could agree though that we shouldnt be able to sell those cyanide pills, so where do we draw the line?.

So I make a thread to inform vapers they might wanna stock up, because there's chatter on the wire, and you think I should add some homo erotica for you, for " merit"

Re: Vapers [Re: hunterbuck] #2924305
10/11/19 03:48 PM
10/11/19 03:48 PM
coffee county
Booner
Booner
coffee county
Originally Posted by hunterbuck

It's not like they're going to tell you that there's anything bad in them if they're trying to sell them right? Surely you can agree with that?

I guess I should of just asked you what they put in there. Maybe you should enlighten us of what's really going on.

Re: Vapers [Re: goodman_hunter] #2924321
10/11/19 04:11 PM
10/11/19 04:11 PM
Ne alabama
2walnuts Offline
4 point
2walnuts  Offline
4 point
Ne alabama
It sucks to be addicted to nicotine. You make excuses to justify your use. I smoked Cigarettes for 21 years finally had enough and quit.Two weeks of hell but it’s worth it.

Re: Vapers [Re: goodman_hunter] #2924364
10/11/19 05:28 PM
10/11/19 05:28 PM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL
Originally Posted by hunterbuck

I guess I should of just asked you what they put in there. Maybe you should enlighten us of what's really going on.

Don't get your man-bun in a tizzy.

Have you tried Google?
Re: Vapers [Re: Ben2] #2924375
10/11/19 05:53 PM
10/11/19 05:53 PM
Slocomb,Al
Young20 Offline
8 point
Young20  Offline
8 point
Slocomb,Al
I quit smoking in 1993. My wife couldn't seem to quit, but did switch to vaping shortly after it became available. When she smoked, the second hand smoke was really nasty and caused me problems with coughing and breathing. Since she switched to vaping, I haven't noticed any ill effects from the water vapor she exhales. Just for giggles I researched what bad effects have been associated with nicotine. According to this article, there are very few and , in fact, nicotine itself has some benefits. https://www.forbes.com/sites/sallysatel/2015/06/19/nicotine-can-save-lives/#4895d0a76f43. So, until the powers to be can prove what's actually causing these problems being blamed on "vaping", I think they are over reacting.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.