</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
WTB
by Okalona. 03/28/24 07:44 AM
Iso ruger american ranch
by AustinC. 03/27/24 08:20 PM
Ruger M77 6mm heavy barrel with Nikon Monarch
by bradbathome. 03/27/24 04:42 PM
Carpet Installation Equipment
by hunter84. 03/27/24 07:12 AM
$20013hp all-power side shaft generator motor
by HollerHunter. 03/26/24 07:43 PM
Serious Deer Talk
The Hollywood Buck.
by Frankie. 03/28/24 12:50 PM
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by SEWoodsWhitetail. 03/28/24 10:45 AM
High Fencing
by RareBreed. 03/26/24 10:45 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by TensawRiver. 03/26/24 01:26 PM
What makes you happy?
by Fishduck. 03/26/24 10:25 AM
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
West Jefferson County hunting club
by Jmfire722. 03/18/24 08:36 AM
Western Ky farm
by todd w. 03/15/24 01:23 PM
Information on bibb county hunting club
by quickshot. 03/10/24 01:46 PM
Hunting Club
by Hibby. 03/08/24 04:34 PM
Mississippi club
by Gobl4me. 03/07/24 09:55 PM
Who's Online Now
116 registered members (NoHuntin, Fattyfireplug, AU7MM08, demp17, JLMiller, abamadude, JA, Ben2, bamaeyedoc, Shaneomac2, desertdog, foldemup, IDOT, BCLC, NotsoBright, Dubie, Holcomb, 3Gs, BradB, Goose, jarcher38, TwentySeven, GomerPyle, ferbama, cullbuck, WEMOhunter, billrv, Fishduck, Jotjackson, Semo, Joe4majors, DoubleB, CrappieMan, Squadron77, ts1979flh, Tree Dweller, aucountry, 7x57_Mauser, HollerHunter, sawdust, Dragfan66, CKyleC, MountainTopHunter, burbank, beeline08, CNC, Jweeks, longshot, Herdbull, Canterberry, Bruno, PanolaProductions, Reaper, jaredhunts, BigEd, Lockjaw, BamaFan64, CCC, jwalker77, oldbowhunter, bug54, bamacamp, hippi, joeml18, MMPineLevel, sbo1971, outdoorguy88, coldtrail, akbejeepin, Gunpowder, Shmoe, Forrestgump1, KnightRyder, bates2rw, Beer Belly, !shiloh!, Spec, cchoque93, HDS64, dawgdr, bigtbuttery, 7PTSPREAD, Mbrock, Standbanger, globe, Jmfire722, Chaser357, Remington270, sportrep, bamabeagler, hosscat, beerhunter, Floorman1, quailman, GATA87, brushwhacker, Beadlescomb, birdcarver, rrice0725, dtmwtp, Pinelevel Hunter, Frankie, Gut Pile 32, deerhunter_1, Turkeyneck78, dsmc, gatorbait154, doublefistful, cartervj, 7 invisible), 524 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Thanks to Mr. R.H. Clark [Re: inatree] #2905324
09/15/19 08:32 PM
09/15/19 08:32 PM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
Originally Posted by inatree
Well RHs motivation has gotten me to thinking hard lately about my own weight issues and I had decided earlier today that in the morning I am going to start the Keto diet... I was all set about 3 weeks ago and a friend had a stroke that had been on the diet and lost over 100lbs. His Dr told him it was the worst diet he could have been on. They said his blood basically was to thick because of it. I don't know how but that's what he said they told him. But I have to do something.

Let me clear up at least the kind of diet I am on. I'm not on a strictly Keto diet. I've only studied the keto diet to learn about different foods that I didn't have in my diet at the time that were still low carb.

Another thing is that Keto means different things to different people. You could eat nothing but Bologna,cheese,and Bacon and be on a Keto diet but I don't think it would be healthy at all. Lots of people eat what I call junky Keto or dirty Keto with lots of processed meat and high fat meat like bacon and all kinds of pork. I do eat those things but most of my diet is lots of fresh vegetables and fish ,eggs,yogurt, berries,nuts,seeds,some fruit some beans,and a little grain once in a while.

If I was advocating anything it would be cutting out completely some foods like Sugar first. There is no argument based on science that sugar is good for you. It is a dose sensitive liver toxin and causes all kinds of problems in our bodies. Then there are foods that act just like refined sugar on the glycemic scale like white bread and white rice or something like white potatoes. Things should never be consumed in my opinion. Otherwise I think we need the best quality and highest nutrient foods that we can get with the least processing possible.

Some foods will be more problematic for some people. It doesn't take much fruit or grain for me to add a couple pounds. I just keep a watch on my weight,energy levels, and eat different things experimenting. For instance,fresh tomatoes from the garden make my joints ache like a bad tooth ache. I like to make a treat of toasted oats Splenda,bakers chocolate,raisins and toasted almonds with a little chunky peanut butter mixed in. It's awesome and gives me great energy but puts on weight quickly and getting back on low carbs after being on carbs makes you tired about 3 days. You got to learn all this stuff for yourself and see how your body does on certain foods but the main goal is to eat as healthy as possible while avoiding everything that isn't healthy.

Basically what that means is only shopping in the meat and produce section and staying away from anything in a box or can. I do get canned beans,tuna,and salmon and some frozen vegatables and berries but I try to eat as fresh as possible.

Re: Thanks to Mr. R.H. Clark [Re: R_H_Clark] #2905369
09/15/19 09:13 PM
09/15/19 09:13 PM
Trussville Alabama
inatree Offline
14 point
inatree  Offline
14 point
Trussville Alabama
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Well RHs motivation has gotten me to thinking hard lately about my own weight issues and I had decided earlier today that in the morning I am going to start the Keto diet... I was all set about 3 weeks ago and a friend had a stroke that had been on the diet and lost over 100lbs. His Dr told him it was the worst diet he could have been on. They said his blood basically was to thick because of it. I don't know how but that's what he said they told him. But I have to do something.

Let me clear up at least the kind of diet I am on. I'm not on a strictly Keto diet. I've only studied the keto diet to learn about different foods that I didn't have in my diet at the time that were still low carb.

Another thing is that Keto means different things to different people. You could eat nothing but Bologna,cheese,and Bacon and be on a Keto diet but I don't think it would be healthy at all. Lots of people eat what I call junky Keto or dirty Keto with lots of processed meat and high fat meat like bacon and all kinds of pork. I do eat those things but most of my diet is lots of fresh vegetables and fish ,eggs,yogurt, berries,nuts,seeds,some fruit some beans,and a little grain once in a while.

If I was advocating anything it would be cutting out completely some foods like Sugar first. There is no argument based on science that sugar is good for you. It is a dose sensitive liver toxin and causes all kinds of problems in our bodies. Then there are foods that act just like refined sugar on the glycemic scale like white bread and white rice or something like white potatoes. Things should never be consumed in my opinion. Otherwise I think we need the best quality and highest nutrient foods that we can get with the least processing possible.

Some foods will be more problematic for some people. It doesn't take much fruit or grain for me to add a couple pounds. I just keep a watch on my weight,energy levels, and eat different things experimenting. For instance,fresh tomatoes from the garden make my joints ache like a bad tooth ache. I like to make a treat of toasted oats Splenda,bakers chocolate,raisins and toasted almonds with a little chunky peanut butter mixed in. It's awesome and gives me great energy but puts on weight quickly and getting back on low carbs after being on carbs makes you tired about 3 days. You got to learn all this stuff for yourself and see how your body does on certain foods but the main goal is to eat as healthy as possible while avoiding everything that isn't healthy.

Basically what that means is only shopping in the meat and produce section and staying away from anything in a box or can. I do get canned beans,tuna,and salmon and some frozen vegatables and berries but I try to eat as fresh as possible.

Thanks for the advice.

Free men aren't equal and equal men aren't free! I choose to defend my freedom!
Re: Thanks to Mr. R.H. Clark [Re: inatree] #2905452
09/16/19 03:28 AM
09/16/19 03:28 AM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Thanks for the advice.

No problem. I am sorry to hear about your friend. Basically all I have done for a year is to eat no sugar at all,not even in something like ketchup. I eat no form of bread at all and haven't for a year,and no potatoes. I did recently try the whole grain oats but they will only be for a once treat every couple months since they did make me gain a couple pounds.

Other than that,I eat lots of spinach,broccoli,kale, cauliflower,cucumber, avocado. I eat eggs and cheese but don't drink cows milk. I drink 30 cal unsweetened almond milk instead.

I also intermittent fast 16 hours every day. I try to stop eating any calories at all about 6pm and consume no calories at all until after 10 am the next day. Read up on intermittent fasting and autophagy. That alone causes weight loss in most people even when they don't change their diet. I am convinced it's why I lost 150 in just one year. combined with a healthy diet it is an awesome tool for health.

Re: Thanks to Mr. R.H. Clark [Re: Spot] #2905475
09/16/19 06:22 AM
09/16/19 06:22 AM
Trussville Alabama
inatree Offline
14 point
inatree  Offline
14 point
Trussville Alabama
R_H how do you get your protein and how much do you take in?

Free men aren't equal and equal men aren't free! I choose to defend my freedom!
Re: Thanks to Mr. R.H. Clark [Re: inatree] #2905480
09/16/19 06:37 AM
09/16/19 06:37 AM
Marshall County
FurFlyin Offline
Freak of Nature
FurFlyin  Offline
Freak of Nature
Marshall County

I read Randy's reply to your post and it's spot on. Your friend could have been eating bologna with lard sauce every day and been in ketosis but if he did any research at all surely he wasn't eating that "bad" I started out eating a very "dirty" keto diet. I've recently started eating more lean meats and concentrating less on trying to eat fat.

Here's something that I've struggled with, that I want to point out, that may help some of you who are just starting. Until you get your body completely devoid of glucose stores and your insulin resistance comes down, it's going to be hard to intermittent fast. After 5 months I'm able to intermittent fast 4-5 days per week without being "hangry" in the evenings. It took me nearly 4 months to be able to IF more than once or twice a week. That's one reason I've kept my "keto diet" thread going, to report progress and problems as they occur. I want anyone who wishes to read it to be able to see that doing Keto is like everything else. Takes trials and errors to figure it out. Fortunately for me it helped me lose weight fast and keep me motivated when I desperately needed to see results to stay motivated. I've pretty much been at a plateau for a month now. If this had happened 3 months ago, I would have bailed on the diet. I know now, that I've lost more weight than I still want to lose and that's a great feeling and motivation, considering that 5 months ago I never thought I'd be in this position.

Also, this is a personal journey. It isn't a competition with anyone and I have to remind myself of that, very often. I had to remind myself of that when I read Spots original post. He's about 7 pounds ahead of my present weight loss amount and has been dieting 3 days longer than I have. That may sound petty of me to say, but that was the first thought that popped into my mind. Again, I'm just trying to be upfront and post what happens in my body and in my head so others won't think they're the only one on that island if it happens to them.

We all know this, but most of us fat people don't really KNOW (believe) this. Losing weight is much more of a mental journey than it is a physical journey.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Re: Thanks to Mr. R.H. Clark [Re: inatree] #2905481
09/16/19 06:42 AM
09/16/19 06:42 AM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
R_H how do you get your protein and how much do you take in?

I eat all kinds of meat and eggs and some cheese and a good bit of FAGE yogurt which is 28% protein. I just try to limit my pork and red meat and eat more fish and eggs. I also sort of rotate things. I might eat very little or no meat for 3-4 days and lots of vegetables just to get the meat out of my gut. Other times I may eat more meat than vegetables for a couple days. My theory is that too much of anything isn't good for you but the best diet will have the most variety of healthy foods. That's why I eat stuff like beans occasionally that aren't really Keto friendly.

Look into a Nutritarian type diet. Look into some of this guy's stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4katnfHzXA

I do think low carb is the way to go and Keto can be great but you got to do low carb healthy with good foods and not just fatty meats and processed meats. Lots of fat is good to get you into a Ketosis state and you need fats for energy when you get converted to burning fats, but the goal is to burn mostly your own body fat so always eating fatty meats and making them the majority of your diet may not be a good thing. I don't necessarily think pork is bad but a diet of mostly pork and a few overcooked vegetables may not be good either. If I eat pork for a couple days,I stay away from it for a few days and vary my diet to big salads and fish.or I may not eat meat at all for a couple days and eat eggs and yogurt. I might make a big tuna salad and eat it with lots of raw baby spinach,or spinach and cheese omelets and yogurt with frozen blueberries.

Re: Thanks to Mr. R.H. Clark [Re: FurFlyin] #2905486
09/16/19 06:51 AM
09/16/19 06:51 AM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
Originally Posted by FurFlyin

I read Randy's reply to your post and it's spot on. Your friend could have been eating bologna with lard sauce every day and been in ketosis but if he did any research at all surely he wasn't eating that "bad" I started out eating a very "dirty" keto diet. I've recently started eating more lean meats and concentrating less on trying to eat fat.

Here's something that I've struggled with, that I want to point out, that may help some of you who are just starting. Until you get your body completely devoid of glucose stores and your insulin resistance comes down, it's going to be hard to intermittent fast. After 5 months I'm able to intermittent fast 4-5 days per week without being "hangry" in the evenings. It took me nearly 4 months to be able to IF more than once or twice a week. That's one reason I've kept my "keto diet" thread going, to report progress and problems as they occur. I want anyone who wishes to read it to be able to see that doing Keto is like everything else. Takes trials and errors to figure it out. Fortunately for me it helped me lose weight fast and keep me motivated when I desperately needed to see results to stay motivated. I've pretty much been at a plateau for a month now. If this had happened 3 months ago, I would have bailed on the diet. I know now, that I've lost more weight than I still want to lose and that's a great feeling and motivation, considering that 5 months ago I never thought I'd be in this position.

Also, this is a personal journey. It isn't a competition with anyone and I have to remind myself of that, very often. I had to remind myself of that when I read Spots original post. He's about 7 pounds ahead of my present weight loss amount and has been dieting 3 days longer than I have. That may sound petty of me to say, but that was the first thought that popped into my mind. Again, I'm just trying to be upfront and post what happens in my body and in my head so others won't think they're the only one on that island if it happens to them.

We all know this, but most of us fat people don't really KNOW (believe) this. Losing weight is much more of a mental journey than it is a physical journey.

One thing I have tried to keep in mind all along is that I want to lose weight in as healthy a way as possible,not as fast as way as possible. We could all have went and done a gastric bypass and had liposuction if we wanted FAST weight loss. I have personally seen too many problems with that and the fad diets. The main thing is to educate yourself on what are the most nutritious and healthy foods to eat,and even educate yourself on how to prepare them. For instance,I make kale shakes to keep from cooking out all the nutrients and there are foods like mushrooms that you remove a carcinogen when they are cooked.

Re: Thanks to Mr. R.H. Clark [Re: quailman] #2905595
09/16/19 09:25 AM
09/16/19 09:25 AM
HSV AL
jmudler Offline
Freak of Nature
jmudler  Offline
Freak of Nature
HSV AL
Originally Posted by quailman
Pickle Juice will make you $hit like a wounded coon.

I am stealing this phrase.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Re: Thanks to Mr. R.H. Clark [Re: Spot] #2905637
09/16/19 10:20 AM
09/16/19 10:20 AM
Autuaga County
nomercy Offline
10 point
nomercy  Offline
10 point
Autuaga County
Pedialyte will replenish electrolytes without all the sugar. It’s expensive compared to Gatorade but a better option. Also you can actually somewhat overdose on water. What I mean is you will come to a point that you can flush your electrolytes by taking in too great of amount of water in a given time period. Hope that makes sense.

Don't blame me for your bad decision-
Re: Thanks to Mr. R.H. Clark [Re: Spot] #2905822
09/16/19 01:50 PM
09/16/19 01:50 PM
Chattanooga, Tennessee
lckrn Offline
8 point
lckrn  Offline
8 point
Chattanooga, Tennessee
I’m 30 pounds down since May 1st. I had a little hiccup last 2 weeks of July into late August where I wasn’t as diligent, I didn’t gain anything back but I didn’t lose any. Now back to it and feeling good. Clothes are loose and I’m feeling a lot better. R H has definitely been an inspiration along with all you other guys following your own plans. Reading that each of us in succeeding in our own way inspires us all to keep working at it.

Finally deported myself from the peoples republik of Kaliforkistan.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.