</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
WTB RugerMK IV 22/45 tactical
by JLavender. 04/17/24 08:08 PM
2011 Toyota RAV4
by jsubrett6. 04/16/24 10:00 PM
Remington 700 SPS Buckmasters Edition
by Mbrock. 04/16/24 09:30 PM
44 Mag Ammo
by wew3006. 04/16/24 02:43 PM
Chevrolet Silverado - Low Miles
by Gulfcoast. 04/16/24 12:11 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Windy.com
by Tree Dweller. 04/18/24 05:15 AM
First cwd transmission to human?
by Wahoo. 04/17/24 06:40 PM
seems like
by donia. 04/17/24 04:01 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by jdhunter2011. 04/17/24 11:42 AM
Corn planting need Cnc advise
by cartervj. 04/11/24 05:24 AM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
G&E Hunting Club Questions
by booner. 04/11/24 01:11 PM
Who's Online Now
38 registered members (shootnmiss, Snuffy, booner, deadeye48, DuckDown11, Jmoore77, Skullworks, RCHRR, BCLC, BPI, Dragfan66, Tree Dweller, AU7MM08, Bustinbeards, AJones, Bread, Wapiti55, eclipse829, BD, Reaper, having fun now, Geezer, tucker07, Smitty4Bama, claybird, imadeerhntr, nomercy, Dead down wind, hallb, Hunting-231, Zbrann, Ol’Tom, 6 invisible), 344 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails #2897945
09/06/19 12:38 PM
09/06/19 12:38 PM
Central Alabama
Cuz-Pat Offline OP
Booner
Cuz-Pat  Offline OP
Booner
Central Alabama
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Pay attention to some of the stuff I changed the font color on.

This email came to me from the Alabama DCNR just a little while ago.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Outdoor Alabama Weekly
Bait Privilege License Opens Opportunities for Deer Hunters
By DAVID RAINER

Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources

Now that the 2019-2020 hunting licenses are on sale, many hunters are pondering whether to take advantage of a new opportunity or maintain the status quo. That opportunity is the inaugural bait privilege license that allows hunting for white-tailed deer and feral pigs with the aid of bait.

Chuck Sykes, Director of the Alabama Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries (WFF) Division, said hunters need to remember that the bait privilege license was an act of the Alabama Legislature and not a regulation set by the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.

“The baiting privilege, first and foremost, was something that was legislated,” Sykes said. “It was not something the Department pushed or something that we crafted. This came from the Legislature. Their constituents wanted to hunt over bait. So, good, bad or indifferent, we’ve got it.”

Sykes explained what the Alabama legislators included in the bait privilege legislation.

“Anybody who wishes to hunt over bait must have a bait privilege license,” Sykes said. “A lot of people think that’s just corn. Some people are calling it the corn stamp. That’s not true. It includes a protein feeder, mineral blocks, juices and sprays. All of that is considered bait if you’re going to hunt over it. If you are going to do that, you have to buy a bait privilege license.”

While Alabama requirements for hunting and fishing licenses have age exemptions and landowner exemptions, the bait privilege license does not have exemptions.

“It doesn’t matter if you’re 7 or 107 or a private landowner hunting on your own property,” he said. “There are no exemptions provided in the legislation. So, everyone who hunts over bait will have to have that license.”

A conversation that occurred at the Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Division booth at the Buckmasters Expo in August explained why most deer hunters should consider purchasing a bait privilege license as a form of insurance.

The hunter said one member of his hunting club was adamant that he was not going to hunt with the aid of bait, and he wasn’t going to buy a bait privilege license. However, the other members of the club are going to purchase bait privilege licenses and hunt with the aid of bait.

“Guess what? That one guy who doesn’t have a bait privilege license and is a member of a club that chooses to bait is putting himself at risk to get a ticket,” Sykes said. “Here’s the way I’m looking at it. Whether I like it or not, whether I, Chuck Sykes, personally agree with it, I bought one the first day. Now anybody I choose to go hunting with, I don’t have to worry whether they put feed out and it’s been gone for 10 days. I don’t have to worry if their feeder is 90 or 100 yards away and out of the line of sight according to the ‘area definition’ regulation.

“Whether I hunt over feed or not is irrelevant. It is a $15 insurance policy, so I don’t have to worry about it. People who are in these big clubs, there’s always one in every crowd. Even if the club decides they’re not going to feed, there’s going to be one guy who does it. Fifteen dollars is a lot cheaper than a $250 ticket.”

For those who insist they are not going to hunt with the aid of bait and are not buying the bait privilege license, Sykes said that’s perfectly fine.

“It’s not mandated that you have to hunt over feed,” he said. “You can hunt oak trees or food plots. Or, if you want to feed, make sure you’re more than 100 yards away and out of line of sight because of natural vegetation or natural terrain. The area definition is still in effect.”

Sykes offered an example of his father, Willie, who lives and farms cattle in Choctaw County.

“This is Chuck talking. My daddy has not killed a deer in over 40 years,” he said. “But he loves to feed them. I only get to hunt two or three days a year on my family farm. There have been more times than not that I have been denied that opportunity because when I get home on a Friday afternoon, I’ll ask Daddy, ‘When was the last time you put feed out?’ He’ll say, ‘Oh, I just put a 5-gallon bucket out the other day. I’m sure it’s already gone.’

“Now that I have a bait privilege license, I don’t have to worry about it. Does that mean I’m going to have a feeder stuck out in the middle of the food plot? No. But, if I have the opportunity to come home and see Daddy, I don’t have to worry about it. I know a bunch of people who are looking at it that way. I bought Daddy a bait privilege license the other day on one of the inaugural hard cards for the first year of the license. He turned 77 on August 3.”

Sykes said one of the most common questions that comes up about the bait privilege license is, “What do you mean my grandson has to have a bait privilege license?”

“If the 7-year-old grandson is sitting in a shooting house with Granddaddy, and there’s a 30-06 and a .223 in that box, and there’s a feeder in the middle of the field, Granddaddy and his grandson both need to have a bait privilege license,” he said.

When the Alabama legislators asked for Sykes’ input on the proposed legislation, he said a provision that allows the Commissioner of the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (ADCNR) to manage the feeding of wildlife in the event of a disease outbreak made the bill much more palatable.

“That the Commissioner can manage the feeding, to me, that makes us a stronger agency now that we have the statutory authority to manage not only baiting but also feeding of wildlife in the event of a disease,” Sykes said. “I think, as an agency, we are better off now than before it passed. And that has nothing to do with hunting over bait.

“When I explain that to the naysayers, they still don’t like hunting over bait, but they understand that, as an agency, we were not going to oppose that bill because it gave us the statutory authority to manage feeding.”

Sykes said quite a few bait privilege licenses have been sold, and he expects a rush right before deer season opens.

“We’re doing everything we can to get the word out about the bait privilege license,” he said. “We’ve had it on radio, newspapers and magazines, and it’s in the Alabama Hunting & Fishing Digest.

“One of the problems with this is the resident landowners have done the same thing for so long that many of them don’t pay attention to any changes. Their deer season has been basically the same for 40 or more years. I’m sure it’s going to take a little while to the get the word out to everybody.”

Cuz-Pat

Patton's European Mounts
Professional Quality Skull & Antler Taxidermy
Since 1998
Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: Cuz-Pat] #2897947
09/06/19 12:41 PM
09/06/19 12:41 PM
Huntsville
jono23 Offline
14 point
jono23  Offline
14 point
Huntsville
"I have been denied that opportunity because when I get home on a Friday afternoon, I’ll ask Daddy, ‘When was the last time you put feed out?’ He’ll say, ‘Oh, I just put a 5-gallon bucket out the other day. I’m sure it’s already gone.’"

Suuuuuureeee Chucky, sureeeeeeeee.

Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: Cuz-Pat] #2897950
09/06/19 12:45 PM
09/06/19 12:45 PM
Lickskillet, AL
Irishguy Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Irishguy  Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Lickskillet, AL
Good grief...

So basically that's an essay written to tell everyone they all need to cough up the $15 and get a bait license.

Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: Cuz-Pat] #2897956
09/06/19 12:50 PM
09/06/19 12:50 PM
Madison County
bobwallace Offline
10 point
bobwallace  Offline
10 point
Madison County
The phucker is so full of himself it ain't funny...

Yeah, well, I always heard there were three kinds of suns in Kansas: sunshine, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches.
Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: Cuz-Pat] #2897959
09/06/19 12:53 PM
09/06/19 12:53 PM
USA
R
Remington270 Offline
Freak of Nature
Remington270  Offline
Freak of Nature
R
USA
He is totally shooting him self in the foot, PR wise, with the part about children needing to pay up. Ain’t no 7 year old getting a ticket. It’s silly her even mention it, and harp on it.

Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: Cuz-Pat] #2897960
09/06/19 12:55 PM
Northport, AL
GomerPyle Offline
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
GomerPyle  Offline
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
Northport, AL

I still wanna see what happens when an overzealous GW tries to write an 8yo a ticket because Dad had the bait permit but Jr. didn't....

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft
Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: Cuz-Pat] #2897961
AL
BamaGuitarDude Offline
12 point
BamaGuitarDude  Offline
12 point
AL

ALDeer physics: for every opinion, there's an equal & opposite opinion

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: Cuz-Pat] #2897963
Grant, AL
W
woodsnwater Offline
4 point
woodsnwater  Offline
4 point
W
Grant, AL
I don't believe in hunting over bait, never have never will. I can't believe it's MY responsibility to walk and scent up a whole 200 yard circle around my climbing stand before daylight every morning and evening searching for bait that some jackleg put out. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? This ain't right. It should be the baiters responsibility to put some kind of signage up every 30 feet or so in a 100 yard circle around HIS bait.

Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: Cuz-Pat] #2897964
09/06/19 12:56 PM
09/06/19 12:56 PM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL
A conversation that occurred at the Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Division booth at the Buckmasters Expo in August explained why most deer hunters should consider purchasing a bait privilege license as a form of insurance.

The hunter said one member of his hunting club was adamant that he was not going to hunt with the aid of bait, and he wasn’t going to buy a bait privilege license. However, the other members of the club are going to purchase bait privilege licenses and hunt with the aid of bait.

“Guess what? That one guy who doesn’t have a bait privilege license and is a member of a club that chooses to bait is putting himself at risk to get a ticket,” Sykes said. “Here’s the way I’m looking at it. Whether I like it or not, whether I, Chuck Sykes, personally agree with it, I bought one the first day. Now anybody I choose to go hunting with, I don’t have to worry whether they put feed out and it’s been gone for 10 days. I don’t have to worry if their feeder is 90 or 100 yards away and out of the line of sight according to the ‘area definition’ regulation.

“Whether I hunt over feed or not is irrelevant. It is a $15 insurance policy, so I don’t have to worry about it. People who are in these big clubs, there’s always one in every crowd. Even if the club decides they’re not going to feed, there’s going to be one guy who does it.

Sounds like he was talking to some posters here. How many times have we seen that posted?

This is nothing more than a "every hunter needs to buy one" article.

Gotta get that money.

"You think I care? Roll Damn Tide"

Have you tried Google?
Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: GomerPyle] #2897967
09/06/19 12:57 PM
USA
R
Remington270 Offline
Freak of Nature
Remington270  Offline
Freak of Nature
R
USA
Originally Posted by GomerPyle

I still wanna see what happens when an overzealous GW tries to write an 8yo a ticket because Dad had the bait permit but Jr. didn't....

It simply won’t happen. That’s why it’s ridiculous to discuss in such great and agonizing detail.

Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: Cuz-Pat] #2897968
UR 6
top cat Offline
Freak of Nature
top cat  Offline
Freak of Nature
UR 6

Total bulldoodoo. The whole dang thing. Area defination, good grief. So some dipshit puts put a bait pile on private or leased land, club or not, someone who had no idea the bait is there gets fined. Total bulldoodoo.

LUCK:::; When presistence, dedication, perspiration and preparation meet up with opportunity!!!
- - - - - - - -A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have. Thomas Jeferson - - - - - - - -
Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: woodsnwater] #2897972
09/06/19 01:00 PM
09/06/19 01:00 PM
Central Alabama
Cuz-Pat Offline OP
Booner
Cuz-Pat  Offline OP
Booner
Central Alabama
Originally Posted by woodsnwater
I don't believe in hunting over bait, never have never will. I can't believe it's MY responsibility to walk and scent up a whole 200 yard circle around my climbing stand before daylight every morning and evening searching for bait that some jackleg put out. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? This ain't right. It should be the baiters responsibility to put some kind of signage up every 30 feet or so in a 100 yard circle around HIS bait.

Chuckie says you don't have to bait.

You just need to buy his license as an insurance policy.

That way, you don't get a ticket and he gets another $15.00 from you and an additional $45.00 match from the Feds.

He needs your money and theirs. rolleyes

Cuz-Pat

Patton's European Mounts
Since 1998
Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: Cuz-Pat] #2897974
09/06/19 01:01 PM
09/06/19 01:01 PM
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL
I would love to see a 6 year old get a ticket....

Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: Cuz-Pat] #2897976
09/06/19 01:06 PM
09/06/19 01:06 PM
Grant, AL
W
woodsnwater Offline
4 point
woodsnwater  Offline
4 point
W
Grant, AL
Originally Posted by Cuz-Pat

That way, you don't get a ticket and he gets another $15.00 from you and an additional $45.00 match from the Feds.

Not falling for it.

Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: Cuz-Pat] #2897982
09/06/19 01:13 PM
09/06/19 01:13 PM
Alabama
W
whack-n-stack Offline
Booner
whack-n-stack  Offline
Booner
W
Alabama
I wish the guy would fix his phuckin website so I could buy a damn license. I've been kicked off and refreshing the page for the last half hour trying to give him some money for my license. The last attempt got me all the way to the collectible license option and booted me off again.

That shitty sales pitch is useless when the people who actually want to buy it can't get it.

Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: whack-n-stack] #2897989
09/06/19 01:19 PM
09/06/19 01:19 PM
Pelham
Ben2 Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Ben2  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Pelham
Originally Posted by whack-n-stack
I wish the guy would fix his phuckin website so I could buy a damn license. I've been kicked off and refreshing the page for the last half hour trying to give him some money for my license. The last attempt got me all the way to the collectible license option and booted me off again.

That shitty sales pitch is useless when the people who actually want to buy it can't get it.

Use the pocket ranger app

Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: woodsnwater] #2897990
09/06/19 01:20 PM
Pelham
Ben2 Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Ben2  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Pelham
Originally Posted by Cuz-Pat

Not falling for it.

He basically says we sold this to the legislature telling them we could get every single hunter no matter the age to pay $15 and here we are nearing the season and not many people have purchased one.

Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: Cuz-Pat] #2897991
Michigan
S
Sasquatch Lives Offline
10 point
Sasquatch Lives  Offline
10 point
S
Michigan
This whole new law is a huge chitshow. Big mistake legalizing baiting to begin with just wait and see. Opening up a huge can of worms.

Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: Cuz-Pat] #2897992
09/06/19 01:21 PM
09/06/19 01:21 PM
Pelham
Ben2 Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Ben2  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Pelham
I do want to hear more about the bait spray he is referring to. Anyone know what he is talking about?

Re: For those of you who don't get Chuckie's Emails [Re: whack-n-stack] #2897994
09/06/19 01:23 PM
09/06/19 01:23 PM
Central Alabama
Cuz-Pat Offline OP
Booner
Cuz-Pat  Offline OP
Booner
Central Alabama
Originally Posted by whack-n-stack

Their server is down. rolleyes

How about several of you guys down around Montgomery just stop by the office and buy a bunch of the baiting privilege licenses real quick like so that Chuckie can take the money and get their server fixed. grin

Cuz-Pat

Patton's European Mounts
Since 1998
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.