</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Mathews lift 29.5
by Bows4evr. 04/18/24 09:53 PM
Trade or sell
by buzzbait. 04/18/24 05:07 PM
95 Ford F250 HD
by Rudy. 04/18/24 02:15 PM
WTB RugerMK IV 22/45 tactical
by JLavender. 04/17/24 08:08 PM
2011 Toyota RAV4
by jsubrett6. 04/16/24 10:00 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Tdogs mount
by Jdkprp70. 04/18/24 09:55 PM
Windy.com
by quailman. 04/18/24 09:46 PM
First cwd transmission to human?
by donia. 04/18/24 06:53 AM
seems like
by donia. 04/17/24 04:01 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by jdhunter2011. 04/17/24 11:42 AM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
G&E Hunting Club Questions
by booner. 04/11/24 01:11 PM
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Xbow, 2walnuts, Holcomb, MoeBuck, OlTimer), 568 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) #2892999
08/31/19 08:33 AM
08/31/19 08:33 AM
Danville, Al
J
JDawg Offline OP
6 point
JDawg  Offline OP
6 point
J
Danville, Al
Stay FAR FAR AWAY from this place unless you got plenty of money to throw away. My wife's English Bulldog got ran over in the driveway Last Friday evening and our local vet was about to close and sent us to this place in which he knew nothing about. They kept her overnight in stable condition, pretty much kept a morphine pump on her and put a plastic brace around her broke leg. It was ridiculous what these idiots charged and didn't even fix a thing!!!! Luckily a coworker told me about a vet in Pulaski that doesn't want to break one off in folks!!

Re: Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) [Re: JDawg] #2893429
08/31/19 05:38 PM
08/31/19 05:38 PM
Colbert County
T
Teacher One Offline
14 point
Teacher One  Offline
14 point
T
Colbert County
Originally Posted by JDawg
...........Luckily a coworker told me about a vet in Pulaski that doesn't want to break one off in folks!!

The Pulaski vet is a good friend of ours. He is about as good as they come. Fine young man.

B

I can't stand a thief.
Re: Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) [Re: JDawg] #2893449
08/31/19 05:50 PM
08/31/19 05:50 PM
Huntsville, AL
Claims Rep. Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Claims Rep.  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Huntsville, AL
I’ve heard that the emergency care clinic was noting but a money pit, and that they didn’t really do much for animals. Shame too.

Glad you got your dog to a good vet. thumbup

Jesus... I hope you know Him personally like I do.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Proud crossbow hunter!
Re: Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) [Re: JDawg] #2893510
08/31/19 06:50 PM
08/31/19 06:50 PM
Alabama
Jakethesnake Offline
The Flippin’ Idiot That Could Care Less
Jakethesnake  Offline
Alabama
Man you driving from Danville all the wat to Pulaski Tennesse? Or Pukaski Pike in Huntsville? Either one is still a far trip. Aint no dang vets in decatur? Hartselle or Culman, Somerville, Trinity, Moulton? Thats a long way to huntsville. Tenn is crazy far.

If your talkin about the one on green cove rd, yeah they been known to be the highest in town. I live a few miles from the end of hwy 36 and use animal care clinic on south parkway. Im sure they aint the cheapest but its close and they always give us free service on small stuff. For example they will look at our dog for free anytime he has concerns, weigh him, trim nails and other small stuff that i dont recall. All i remember a few times was me askin my wife....well how much did they charge? She said nothing. Zero for that visit. And she has taken him a lot. All we ever paid for was routine shots and he is now over 1yr old. German Shepherd had him since he was 6wk old.

Yeah i remember now. He would limp for months on and off so we took him one day. They took x rays of his legs and said he is fine. Zero charge. And that was a walk in. No shot purchase or anything. I was in shock.

Re: Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) [Re: JDawg] #2893534
08/31/19 07:07 PM
08/31/19 07:07 PM
north Alabama
biglmbass Offline
14 point
biglmbass  Offline
14 point
north Alabama
Decatur has an emergency vet

Originally Posted by hillmp
The left lane is for the the purpose of moving the flow of traffic forward regardless of the speed limit. If your impeding the flow of traffic get your ass in the right lane. It's really that simple...

Re: Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) [Re: Jakethesnake] #2893604
08/31/19 07:38 PM
08/31/19 07:38 PM
Huntsville, AL
Claims Rep. Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Claims Rep.  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Huntsville, AL
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
Man you driving from Danville all the wat to Pulaski Tennesse? Or Pukaski Pike in Huntsville? Either one is still a far trip. Aint no dang vets in decatur? Hartselle or Culman, Somerville, Trinity, Moulton? Thats a long way to huntsville. Tenn is crazy far.

If your talkin about the one on green cove rd, yeah they been known to be the highest in town. I live a few miles from the end of hwy 36 and use animal care clinic on south parkway. Im sure they aint the cheapest but its close and they always give us free service on small stuff. For example they will look at our dog for free anytime he has concerns, weigh him, trim nails and other small stuff that i dont recall. All i remember a few times was me askin my wife....well how much did they charge? She said nothing. Zero for that visit. And she has taken him a lot. All we ever paid for was routine shots and he is now over 1yr old. German Shepherd had him since he was 6wk old.

Yeah i remember now. He would limp for months on and off so we took him one day. They took x rays of his legs and said he is fine. Zero charge. And that was a walk in. No shot purchase or anything. I was in shock.

Killer Attack Dog is a customer of Animal Care Clinic too. He doesn’t necessarily approve, but he does trusts my judgment so he’s good with it.

[Linked Image]

Jesus... I hope you know Him personally like I do.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Proud crossbow hunter!
Re: Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) [Re: JDawg] #2893654
08/31/19 08:01 PM
08/31/19 08:01 PM
Al, Union Grove
J
johnv Offline
10 point
johnv  Offline
10 point
J
Al, Union Grove
I know a good vet in Morgan city if you want his number. Only one I use

Re: Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) [Re: JDawg] #2893910
08/31/19 10:26 PM
08/31/19 10:26 PM
Gurley, Alabama
S
Standbanger Offline
12 point
Standbanger  Offline
12 point
S
Gurley, Alabama
Every time I see killer attack dog I get skeered.

Re: Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) [Re: JDawg] #2893971
09/01/19 12:14 AM
09/01/19 12:14 AM
Alabama
Jakethesnake Offline
Jakethesnake  Offline
Alabama
Lol killer attack dog! I understand. He must live with a woman like mine lol.

Re: Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) [Re: Jakethesnake] #2894076
09/01/19 09:31 AM
09/01/19 09:31 AM
Danville, Al
J
JDawg Offline OP
6 point
JDawg  Offline OP
6 point
J
Danville, Al

I live 2 miles from a vet here but if it’s not to his schedule he doesn’t care to help! This place that ripped us off is right off the parkway charged over 1600 just for that Friday night stay there in which it was xrays, pain meds, anesthesia, splint and wrap her leg. She was there for a total of 16 hours! They was recommending some orthopedic surgeon in Huntsville to do a broke leg surgery for about $3000!!!! When we picked our dog up from there early and they asked where we were taking her they got pissed and became rude!! I can be at this Pulaski vet in about 80 mins. He kept our dog from Saturday about noon all the way up to Tuesday evening, performed 2 surgeries on her, anesthesia,meds,put leg in cast, cleaned her all for $438!!!! The guy was really intrigued by that Huntsville detailed receipt. He said the $189 plastic leg stint they charged for doesn’t cost but $5.34!! Said that place totally ripped us off!! Also said Huntsville hates him!! I’ll admit Pulaski is a mad house covered up with people and their phone stays busy, but it’s well worth the drive and wait IMO! The guy up front we paid said that 90% of their customers are from Alabama! After all this was said and done I went online and read reviews of each place, Huntsville had like 3.7 of 5 with a little over 100 reviews! Pulaski was 4.7 with several hundred reviews! We had to take our dog back Thursday as she started having trauma seizures, she is suppose to have stitches taken out Monday morning and we pick her back up.

Re: Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) [Re: JDawg] #2894081
09/01/19 09:41 AM
09/01/19 09:41 AM
In front of my lathe
gundoc Offline
14 point
gundoc  Offline
14 point
In front of my lathe
Originally Posted by JDawg
I live 2 miles from a vet here but if it’s not to his schedule he doesn’t care to help!

Very few will. My vet will stay late if necessary, and will even make house calls if needed. Very reasonable on pricing too.

There are two types of gun enthusiasts ... Those who have been F#CKED by PTG and those who will be!

~ unknown
Re: Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) [Re: JDawg] #2894400
09/01/19 06:02 PM
09/01/19 06:02 PM
AL
Gobble4me757 Offline
12 point
Gobble4me757  Offline
12 point
AL
Don’t go up to Pulaski to that vet...and especially never go to an emergency clinic...if you want a really good one, go to berry animal hospital down in Ardmore...very reasonable prices and really good vets!

2017 Team Aldeer Turkey Contest Champion
2018 Team Aldeer Turkey Contest Champion
Re: Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) [Re: JDawg] #2894403
09/01/19 06:09 PM
09/01/19 06:09 PM
Guntersville, AL
IDOT Offline
I am Cornholio
IDOT  Offline
I am Cornholio
Guntersville, AL
$1600 and they didn't fix anything? Wow!

Originally Posted by Patricia Heaton
If you’re a common sense person, you probably don’t feel you have a home in this world right now. If you’re a Christian, you know you were never meant to.

Re: Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) [Re: JDawg] #2894580
09/01/19 09:17 PM
09/01/19 09:17 PM

O
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
O

They just recently saved my dogs life..so I like them.

The one guy was the partner at the Decatur Emergency place which has closed. He opened this place.

They are the only 2 board certified emergency veterinary surgeons in North Alabama.

They did a great job on my dog and hed of been dead without them so I thank them every day. Hes 100 % again. thumbup

He wouldnt have lasted 4 hours and all those other vets you all mentioned were telling us to watch him until the morning.Yeah..go look at his dead arse in the am..cause he would have died.

They are trauma surgeons there..not broken leg doctors. They handle LIFE threatening emergencies. We got there at 11 pm..they had him in surgery at 12 am calling in a whole surgical team within ONE HOUR.

If your dog wasnt going to die then another vet would have been a good choice...but if your dog is on deaths door they WILL save his life.

On the bright side..your dog was alive the next day wasnt he? I guess it was worth it then.

Also, They told us the price up front..and said the other alternative was putting him to sleep. I thought they were straight up. Best money I ever spent and my dog is still here.

Last edited by outdoorobsession; 09/01/19 09:23 PM.
Re: Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) [Re: IDOT] #2894591
09/01/19 09:26 PM
09/01/19 09:26 PM

O
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
O

Originally Posted by IDOT
$1600 and they didn't fix anything? Wow!

He was alive and in a splint wasnt he? They tell you the cost upfront in my experience.

They will also euthanize them for a lot cheaper..they give you the choice.

People shouldnt complain about the bill if it all the alternatives were explained and there critter was alive and ready to go.

And Im sure they were..they even make you sign that you understand and give you a cost estimate. They did with us anyway.

Re: Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) [Re: JDawg] #2894858
09/02/19 10:46 AM
09/02/19 10:46 AM
Alabama
Jakethesnake Offline
Jakethesnake  Offline
Alabama
I like my german shepherd but his arse is dead If he gets over $300. It will be a bullet between the eye balls. Then buried in the yard. Hell he has it better than me.

Re: Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) [Re: JDawg] #2894868
09/02/19 10:56 AM
09/02/19 10:56 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there

Our former vet once wanted to do bloodwork and x-rays "as a precaution" during the annual check and shots. I declined. Some people do that and more because they've bought into the entire "Fido is just like your child!" hooey foisted on the nation by the animal "rights" people.

You didn't get a pet at the pound, you "rescued" it from a "shelter."

It's not a "pet" because that denotes ownership and some kind of master-slave relationship. You have a "valued family member."

Your dog should have clean water and non-GMO "plant based" food, even though for eons canines have eaten meat and drank whatever they could find.

I love our pets. Have had a wide variety of them for 51 of my 53 years. We take care of them and treat them well. Our dog is curled up on a pink blanket on the couch right now. And I grieve the loss when one dies. But they're animals, not humans.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Animal Emergency & Critical Care(Huntsville) [Re: JDawg] #2896084
09/03/19 08:54 PM
09/03/19 08:54 PM
Marshall County
ALMODUX Offline
10 point
ALMODUX  Offline
10 point
Marshall County
I grew up working at my Uncle’s veterinary clinic. He was renowned for surgery (especially ortho), and internal medicine, and is still highly respected even though retired for 10 years. I like to think I know what good vet care and surgery and post op care looks like. Try to keep this short, but my young lab bolted one night (cat?) and was run completely over. Tons of injuries. Lucky to survive the first night. Local vet nearby has on call, and stayed with her all night, pumping steroids into her chest to keep her alive. Set a dislocated hip, stabilized ribs, braced pelvis, etc.... in two trips under. A week later, out of the woods, we were referred to those surgeons in Huntsville, who did a good job reconstructing her destroyed elbow, but installed wimpy external fixtures on the joint, which broke while the dog was rolling over in her kennel. Had to be re-installed. Broke again, same way. Vet instructions followed to the letter. Surgeon accused me of mistreating my dog. Surgeon can shove it where the sun don’t shine. I had them remove the externals and went to my local vet and uncle for immobilization/recovery strategies and further care/procedures. Dog is near 100% again. Their attitude and arrogance far exceed their common sense. I wouldn’t let them work on anything but a rabid coyote or a skunk. I’ll find someone else. Local vet bill for WEEKS of board, anesthesia, meds, procedures, MRIs, Xrays, etc...was $1500, and they took care of her. Huntsville bunch was $3800 for a surgery that others had to correct, and they shoved her out the door for post op care. Now, I’d normally never have put that much $ into a dog hurt that bad, but I’ve got a wife and kids who are above and beyond on that one, and they wouldn’t allow me to put her down over $, if she had a chance. Their level of care and professionalism should be higher on post op, if they’re gonna charge a premium for their pieces of paper. JME.

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.