Aldeer.com

ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!!

Posted By: BamaBoHunter

ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/25/24 07:03 PM

ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! Per Silencer Co email i got today anyhow. Anybody in the que seen this. Ive got one been in jail for about 20 days now, but dont want to get my hopes up.

https://americansuppressorassociation.com/are-fast-eforms-transfers-here-to-stay/
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/25/24 09:18 PM

I know folks who’ve received their approval in 4-7 days. Quite a few of them too. I’m waiting on a backorder to be filled and hope it won’t take too much time after that.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/25/24 11:36 PM

I got a form 1 back in 7 days a couple weeks ago. Buddy of mine submitted a Form 4 Saturday before last and had it approved by Tuesday.

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/25/24 11:41 PM

Mine is in a single shot trust I’ve heard they take longer
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/26/24 02:20 AM

Yeah….trusts are definitely still sucking on wait times, but no way do I EVER want my cans going back to big brother when I’m gone. 😜

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/26/24 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by ALMODUX
Yeah….trusts are definitely still sucking on wait times, but no way do I EVER want my cans going back to big brother when I’m gone. 😜

I did one can on a trust before they made the trust process all complicated. I just do all individual now. If my kids want them when I’m gone they can either stash them somewhere or do a Form 5 for the tax exempt transfer, just have to say in the will that the NFA items are going to whoever you want them to.
Posted By: James

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/26/24 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Coosa1

I did one can on a trust before they made the trust process all complicated. I just do all individual now. If my kids want them when I’m gone they can either stash them somewhere or do a Form 5 for the tax exempt transfer, just have to say in the will that the NFA items are going to whoever you want them to.

I did too. But this was a question i was gonna ask. I done mine about 6 (fixing to be around 7 years ago) ago in a trust and if i try to ad to it want they all have to be finger printed and the rest of the bs now also? Friend told me i should just do individual and not worry about my trust? Wonder if them bastages keep note of that 🤔

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/26/24 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Coosa1

Didn’t even know about a Form 5….good info. I may start doing some that way. They’ll all go to one of my sons, anyway. He’s on my trust and I’m on his, but an updated will and a form 5 (if it’s tax free for transfer), seems a more practical thing for controlling where they end up. Won’t help with access/shared use until then, but I’ve got enough on that already. The rest I don’t care about sharing. wink
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/26/24 11:18 AM

So much garbage…I just got mine approved but it took me just over 250 days
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/26/24 05:19 PM

Just got mine this week and it took less than 5 months. And this was on a trust. How hard is it to add someone to a trust? I would like to add my kids.

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/26/24 05:48 PM

I’ve ‘been told’, that a smart play is to do a trust with only yourself listed, buy/receive your suppressors, THEN start adding folks to your trust. The wait on the suppressors is less, and you’re just waiting on folks to get approved for adding onto it. I didn’t do that when I set mine up, and there’s 2-3 more folks on it, so ALL get backgrounded every time.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/26/24 06:15 PM

I’ve ‘been told’, that a smart play is to do a trust with only yourself listed, buy/receive your suppressors, THEN start adding folks to your trust. The wait on the suppressors is less, and you’re just waiting on folks to get approved for adding onto it. I didn’t do that when I set mine up, and there’s 2-3 more folks on it, so ALL get backgrounded every time.

Makes sense but not the case with me…mine was a single shot trust for me and took over 8months
Posted By: hallb

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/26/24 08:08 PM

My trust documents read like you can add someone any time you want, but if you get a future NFA item on that trust everyone must be fingerprinted, backgrounded, etc. I have no clue about that and have wondered myself.

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/26/24 08:57 PM

I’ve done single shot trust on mine and to my understanding I can add additional members to the trust at any time.

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/26/24 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Gobble4me757

Makes sense but not the case with me…mine was a single shot trust for me and took over 8months

Anything took well over 8mos at one point, trust or not.

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/27/24 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mbrock
I’ve done single shot trust on mine and to my understanding I can add additional members to the trust at any time.

I did mine through silencer shop and they sent me the paperwork to add people to my single shot. I haven’t done it yet but seemed simple.

Hopefully with individual wait times coming down trust wait times will follow.
Posted By: hawndog

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/29/24 01:35 PM

It is baffling as to why they are so heavily regulated. Should be an item you could pick up at a gas station.

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/29/24 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by hawndog
It is baffling as to why they are so heavily regulated. Should be an item you could pick up at a gas station.

Yep. Hell I’d be happy if they’d at least make it where you just did a 4473 form like you were buying a gun

Re: ATF eForm Wait Times Reduced!!! - 03/29/24 02:25 PM

In a lot of European countries suppressors are considered a courtesy to your neighbors and encouraged on ranges and while hunting. Here, in the most free country on the planet, they’re the boogy man deserving of tight regulation.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM