Aldeer.com

Tikka t3x superlite

Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Tikka t3x superlite - 09/06/23 05:15 PM

Know anything good or bad about it? I’ve never been a huge tikka fan but decided to try one in 7-08 stainless fluted.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Tikka t3x superlite - 09/06/23 05:35 PM

I don’t think there’s much weight difference between them and the regular lite. I’ve seen some of the models come in different twist rates. Just make sure you’re getting the twist that you want.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Tikka t3x superlite - 09/06/23 05:42 PM

I just bought a Tikka t3x. Like you EHH wasn't a tikka guy until I shot it. Wow. I did replace the trigger pull spring and it is a tack driver.
Posted By: DonH

Re: Tikka t3x superlite - 09/06/23 06:58 PM

I have a t3x superlite in the dreaded 6.5 creed ...looks great and shoots even better..it is my sixth one and they all shoot .
Posted By: Treelimb

Re: Tikka t3x superlite - 09/06/23 06:58 PM

Good thread above this one regarding the magic bullets your 7mm-08 should sling.
Lots of good choices mentioned, you just have to search online for availability once you decide on one and keep a good supply
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Tikka t3x superlite - 09/06/23 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Treelimb
Good thread above this one regarding the magic bullets your 7mm-08 should sling.
Lots of good choices mentioned, you just have to search online for availability once you decide on one and keep a good supply

This will be my 4th 7-08 rifle. The other 3 all shoot something different unfortunately.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Tikka t3x superlite - 09/06/23 08:28 PM

If it won't shoot well what I do with Tikkas is completely disassemble degrease everything put the action back in the stock and make sure it's not rocking on the recoil lug. It's a crappy design I usually tighten it up and tap the buttstock on the floor lightly to seat the action then do about 55 as the final torque. And then if it won't still shoot I will free float the barrel.

Usually fixes them hopefully you won't have an issue most of them shoot pretty good.

7-08 is a great choice.
Posted By: BPI

Re: Tikka t3x superlite - 09/06/23 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by jmudler
I just bought a Tikka t3x. Like you EHH wasn't a tikka guy until I shot it. Wow. I did replace the trigger pull spring and it is a tack driver.

It sho is

Re: Tikka t3x superlite - 09/06/23 10:17 PM

Dang, how light did you want your trigger pull? My factory one went below 2lbs.
Posted By: rkt

Re: Tikka t3x superlite - 09/07/23 10:58 AM

I have a super lite in 7mag and a lite in .243 love both
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Tikka t3x superlite - 09/07/23 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by N2TRKYS

1.5lbs

Re: Tikka t3x superlite - 09/07/23 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by N2TRKYS

1.5lbs

That’s about what my factory spring went to. I put a about a turn back in it and it went to 2lbs. I’ve read of some issues with replacement springs, so I’m glad I didn’t have to go that route.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Tikka t3x superlite - 09/08/23 11:35 PM

Got a T3 Lite in 30 06 Love it
Posted By: Jerstwrt

Re: Tikka t3x superlite - 09/12/23 10:24 AM

I bought one 6-8 months ago, out of the box it was getting about 1/2” moa, I’ve shot a few boxes out of it now, anymore if I get 1”-1.5” now I’m lucky, getting a lil older I guess and can’t see quite as well, they are accurate guns but a little too light for my liking, it absolutely has its place tho
© 2024 ALDEER.COM