Aldeer.com

Help with Browning Silver Hunter stock

Posted By: bwhunter

Help with Browning Silver Hunter stock - 03/16/23 12:25 AM

I was patterning a few loads and choke combinations with my 2o gauge Browning Silver Hunter Saturday using a lead sled and the stock cracked. The gun is discontinued and Browning is saying they want me to send the gun back and will have it 6-8 weeks. I can still shoot the gun as it is and will probably just hunt with it if I can't find something to order online.
Do any of you know if there is another brand stock that may fit correctly? I read somewhere that Winchester SX2 may be the same fit but I don't want to order something without confirming with someone who knows. I cannot find anything from Browning online that is available.

This gun is very sentimental so hunting with something else really isn't an option unless I don't have a choice.

Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Help with Browning Silver Hunter stock - 03/16/23 12:44 AM

Boyds gun stocks
Stockys stocks
Possibly numerich arms may have a oem one
May could try eBay aswell
Should be able to get one in short order from either place
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: Help with Browning Silver Hunter stock - 03/16/23 01:09 AM

Midwest and numrich/egunparts has them
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Help with Browning Silver Hunter stock - 03/16/23 01:12 AM

There’s some guys in Missouri that specialize in restoration of Browning shotguns
Can’t recall the name of their company but they had a stock for a ‘63 Superposed I was working on
May be worth a try to look them up
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: Help with Browning Silver Hunter stock - 03/16/23 01:37 AM

Art’s Gun Shop….mostly older Browning stuff
Posted By: bwhunter

Re: Help with Browning Silver Hunter stock - 03/23/23 03:30 PM

The only place that had one in stock for my model was Numrich gun parts. It came in yesterday and fits just right. Thank you
© 2024 ALDEER.COM