Aldeer.com

Scope ring question

Posted By: BryanfromAU

Scope ring question - 01/05/23 11:43 PM

I picked up a 30mm scope for my weatherby vanguard which required new rings. Originally mounted it with weaver rings but I really wanted a one piece set up so I ordered Talley light weights and when I went to mount them, the fitment is terrible. ie there’s big gaps between the action and ring bottom, the rear ring holes don’t even line up with the holes on the gun I almost feel like they packaged the box wrong. Am I crazy? These rings are advertised to fit a vanguard. Any suggestions on what rings I should order? I don’t care the least bit about weight I just figured Talley was a reputable brand for rings.
Posted By: XVIII

Re: Scope ring question - 01/06/23 12:12 AM

something ain’t right. wrong rings or screws or something. I’d give them a call.

https://www.talleymanufacturing.com/contact-us/
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Scope ring question - 01/06/23 12:14 AM

You could have the wrong set of rings.
Also some receivers have a front and rear mount that has a different radius so if you ain't you may try swapping them around I have used several sets of Talley's without issues
Posted By: howl

Re: Scope ring question - 01/06/23 12:23 AM

DNZ one piece is hard to mess up.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Scope ring question - 01/06/23 01:49 AM

AR1220 might be right about the front and rear being swapped.

What are the numbers on the bottom of each ring? They’re easy to look up.

Re: Scope ring question - 01/06/23 03:24 AM

The numbers are the same on each. I don’t remember what they are off the top of my head maybe h33? The vanguard definitely has a different radius from the front to the rear also has a different height but the front (the only one the holes even line up on) still doesnt even come close to matching the same radius the gun has and the back is even worse than that.. I plan on calling them tomorrow and at the minimum returning what I ordered. The paper work that came with them is definitely the right match but the box the rings came in didn’t specify anything in particular which is why I think I might have the wrong rings in general. Regardless the cheap feel of these rings is disappointing and I’m wondering what y’all use for quality rings? Mounting a high dollar scope on rings you aren’t happy with feels like a shot in the foot.

Re: Scope ring question - 01/06/23 03:28 AM

The rings they sent look identical and are identically marked but the rifle clearly needs rings that are different heights for the rear and front and different radius shape to match the flat rear bed and the front bed on the rifle. I’ll call tomorrow and post what comes of it. Edit: I just looked them up again and based off the website what I ordered should have came with a front .860 hole spacing and read with .600. Looks like I may have received a pack with two fronts but even then the mounts don’t match the receiver good enough to spend $75 on a set of rings imo
Posted By: dave260rem!

Re: Scope ring question - 01/06/23 05:26 AM

Somethings off somewhere Talleys are good quality.

Re: Scope ring question - 01/06/23 12:40 PM

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1781100985
Yours look like them?
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Scope ring question - 01/06/23 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by dave260rem!
Somethings off somewhere Talleys are good quality.

Even Talley makes mistakes. I've had two front rings in a package before.

Re: Scope ring question - 01/06/23 01:52 PM

AR1220 yeah those are the rings
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: Scope ring question - 01/06/23 03:05 PM

I got a set on a 700 and there are no gaps.

Re: Scope ring question - 01/06/23 04:33 PM

Alright I talked to talley. They are the completely wrong rings for my gun and that the combination of rings I got delivered actually don’t work for any gun. He’s shipping the correct rings and we’ll see how that goes. So talley’s are the way to go home and I just need to get this worked out??

Re: Scope ring question - 01/06/23 04:41 PM

Good deal
Posted By: Big Buck Video

Re: Scope ring question - 01/06/23 06:25 PM

Glad to hear they are taking care of you.
Posted By: AU7MM08

Re: Scope ring question - 01/07/23 04:31 PM

Grade A+ customer service
Really pleased to hear that
Posted By: wew3006

Re: Scope ring question - 01/07/23 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by howl
DNZ one piece is hard to mess up.

Maybe; but they are fugly
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Scope ring question - 01/07/23 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by wew3006