Aldeer.com

Gunbroker

Posted By: fladeerhntr

Gunbroker - 08/01/22 12:10 AM

Just wanted to see how many on here have bought guns off of gunbroker and what you've got to do to be able to bid and how the whole process works. Also how secure is dealing with sellers on gunbroker as in are there scammers to have to deal with?
Posted By: Turkeyneck78

Re: Gunbroker - 08/01/22 12:40 AM

If you're buying or selling on there, make sure the person has A+ positive feedback and has a substantial amount of transactions. I've been burned twice selling guns but I've sold quite a bit on there so not a huge deal, I've bought a few things with no problems but the sellers were longtime members. I will say just don't expect any deals, most of the stuff is overpriced, shop around before buying on there unless it's extremely hard to find or you just feel you need it quick lol

You should be able to email buyers/sellers too before making any decisions
Posted By: Dublgrumpy

Re: Gunbroker - 08/01/22 01:27 AM

The best thing about gunbroker is the amount of items there that you will have a hard time finding anywhere else. Like he said above-deal only with those with A plus feedback & dont go there looking for deals.
Posted By: Hammertime7v2

Re: Gunbroker - 08/01/22 01:57 AM

I used to buy quite a bit on there, but folks are just flat out trying to get rich off of it...
Posted By: hammerhead

Re: Gunbroker - 08/01/22 02:14 AM

I've purchased one handgun on there and a couple of knives. The handgun came from a dealer in Texas. Just look for their feedback ratings before comitting to a purchase. Search for what you're wanting, then search locally for the same thing...money says you'll find the same exact thing locally (or can have a FFL holder order it for you) for less than it would cost after shipping and FFL fees. As with all online sales, there is always a chance you can be scammed (we've had scammers on the classified section here).

To bid on something, sign up on the site for an account, find what you're wanting, then enter your bid. If there are other bids higher than yours, you'll get an email stating that you've been outbid or you're not the highest bidder. I don't know if it's still the same as it was last time I used the site, but if someone places the highest bid in the last 15 minutes of the listing, the end time is automatically extended another 15 minutes (think thats what it was). If you are the highest bidder, you send payment to the seller and your FFL transfer dealer information (many FFL holders will want to send it themselves). Seller sends the firearm to your FFL, who will perform the NICS check on you. You clear the background check, pay the dealer their FFL fee, and firearm is transferred to you.

https://support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-us/articles/226246808-How-to-Bid-and-Buy
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: Gunbroker - 08/01/22 02:35 AM

Many many purchases. Never a problem.
Posted By: gundoc

Re: Gunbroker - 08/01/22 03:15 AM

I've bought and sold a lot of stuff on GB. Never had a problem when buying but I only buy from A+ rated dealers.
Had a sale fall through due to a deadbeat buyer but that was the only issue I've had
Posted By: redgineer

Re: Gunbroker - 08/01/22 03:32 AM

Getting set up for gunbroker is pretty easy now. They will show you local FFL's and their transfer fees. You can set up gunbroker pay and can use your credit card for most sellers. Smaller dealers may still require you to send a money order. I have never had an issue with sending money orders, and sometimes do it to save the 3% CC fee.

You can occasionally find good deals in the penny auctions. I'll watch all the penny auctions for a gun I'm interested in, and sometimes one gets overlooked by other bidders. I did have a seller back out of the deal after winning a Glock 41 MOS for under $500. That is the only issue I've ever had while buying.

I once had a non paying bidder while selling. I filed the claim with GB, but still had to pay the listing fee. Also had a buyer's money order get lost in the mail. He was able to get it replaced at no extra cost to him, but it delayed things a few weeks.
Posted By: hardluck

Re: Gunbroker - 08/01/22 03:35 AM

Only buy from A+ sellers and make sure they ship from a FFL to FFL or don’t deal with them on guns and you should be ok.
Posted By: RIVER-MAN

Re: Gunbroker - 08/03/22 04:13 AM

I've had 4 great transactions so far . 3 hard to find guns I was looking for and good deal on some hard to find ammo . Won bids on all 4 . I always looked at the sellers rating and feedback . Pretty straightforward registration and bidding process . I used multiple payments methods as each seller had a preference. Have a good reliable FFL available to accept your transfer and do your background check . No negatives here and I will use again .
Posted By: BPI

Re: Gunbroker - 08/03/22 01:25 PM

Reviews are everything. If they aren't rated well I don't buy from them.
Posted By: Ben Cochran

Re: Gunbroker - 08/03/22 06:49 PM

I purchased a Henry 30-30 that I couldn't find anywhere else. I was skeptical but it turned out to be a very smooth transaction. Gun was delivered to my local FFL 4 days after payment. Seller was Bulldog guns.
Posted By: fladeerhntr

Re: Gunbroker - 08/03/22 06:53 PM

10-4 I've just been looking at rifles on there and have seen a few for sale that are really what I'm looking for and the price doesn't seen all that bad but just wasnt sure about how exactly it worked or how secure the transactions were.
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Gunbroker - 08/05/22 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by BPI

It has been a while, but I have bought a few but sold more. Last one was a BAR MKII 270 WBY. Rare gun I was selling for a friend of mine. Guy wanted my contact info. We talked and agreed to the BIN price and he pay 1/2 shipping. All this happened in a matter of 6 hours after listing. Listing/selling fees will kill you though.
Posted By: James

Re: Gunbroker - 08/05/22 07:21 PM

Made a few drunk purchases on there with no issues 🤦🏿🤷🏾‍♂️🤣
Posted By: James

Re: Gunbroker - 08/05/22 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by BPI
Posted By: Sandmtnslayer

Re: Gunbroker - 08/05/22 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by James
Made a few drunk purchases on there with no issues 🤦🏿🤷🏾‍♂️🤣

I do that way to regular
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: Gunbroker - 08/06/22 04:36 AM

Never had an issue.

Bought many there and have sold several there too.

It is not as good as it used to before before it got sold awhile back, in my opinion.

Still do lots of looking but rarely buy there now.
Posted By: wew3006

Re: Gunbroker - 08/06/22 11:44 PM

So; how does someone get to be an A plus seller if nobody buys from you till you get there?
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Gunbroker - 08/06/22 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by wew3006
So; how does someone get to be an A plus seller if nobody buys from you till you get there?

Best thing to do is start out buying first and build up positive reviews that way. A+ rating is an A+ rating. Even little stuff like ammo or gun parts. Every transaction can be rated. Pay quick and get A+, rinse and repeat til you get 8-10 positive reviews and then start selling.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Gunbroker - 08/07/22 12:33 AM

I've bought 6-8 but never bid. I watch guns listed that don't get bids. I get contact info and just after the listing ends call the seller directly.
Posted By: wew3006

Re: Gunbroker - 08/07/22 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by BCLC
Originally Posted by wew3006

Best thing to do is start out buying first and build up positive reviews that way. A+ rating is an A+ rating. Even little stuff like ammo or gun parts. Every transaction can be rated. Pay quick and get A+, rinse and repeat til you get 8-10 positive reviews and then start selling.

Problem is I need to get rid of some stuff; not buy more. In the words of the prophet , Delbert McClinton; "I got too much stuff". Guess I could just note that I have an A+ rating on Aldeer and endorsed by the Vanilla Gorilla??

Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Gunbroker - 08/08/22 12:43 AM

The one time I did I got scammed. $600 went up in smoke. Won’t ever use them again.
Posted By: Semo

Re: Gunbroker - 08/08/22 03:56 AM

I bought a couple off gunbroker but it was years ago. They were also buy it now prices from gunshops. Shipped it to my local dealer. Easy Peasy.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM