Aldeer.com

Cerakote

Posted By: AC870

Cerakote - 05/21/22 09:35 PM

Who can do this Cerakote job? 3 colors. Graphite black, burnt bronze, and multi-cam green.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jstocks

Re: Cerakote - 05/21/22 11:03 PM

Pretty close to what I’ve been working on myself.

If you want to save yourself some money pm me and I’ll send you a picture of my project.

Re: Cerakote - 05/21/22 11:56 PM

Sent you a pm, Jstocks.
Posted By: just_an_illusion

Re: Cerakote - 05/22/22 12:48 AM

That looks good
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: Cerakote - 05/22/22 01:31 AM

Arsenal Engraving and Coating in Lacy Springs could do that, closest to us….then there’s gundoc.
Posted By: ultratec00

Re: Cerakote - 05/22/22 01:34 AM

SevenX Armory in Huntsville does custom cerakote work all the time. Scottie has done numerous firearms for me.

Re: Cerakote - 05/22/22 02:13 AM

Just saw your pm AC
I thought it might be a lil too late to text you back so I’ll catch you tomorrow.
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Cerakote - 05/22/22 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jstocks
Pretty close to what I’ve been working on myself.

If you want to save yourself some money pm me and I’ll send you a picture of my project.

Don’t be shy, let see it.

Re: Cerakote - 05/22/22 10:30 PM

I don’t know how to post pictures.

I’m fine if AC wants to post it. I text it to him.

Of course it’s a diy project, so it’s not exactly up to par with what he posted, but I’ve been bored and tinkering.

Re: Cerakote - 05/23/22 04:29 AM

Here’s JStocks’ job he’s working on. Kind of a Trebark look.
[Linked Image]

Re: Cerakote - 05/23/22 02:58 PM

Thanks AC.

I took a different picture in the cloud cover yesterday. To see what it looked like in different light. I’m contemplating leaving the gray off and putting black in the place of it.

I’m colorblind, so I have to trial and error reference things like that hat. I thought I got fairly close, but my eyes see things very differently than most others.

Didn’t meant to hijack your thread, and if you or anyone else wants to learn from my trials I don’t mind sharing. That’s stock is not going on my gun, it’s spare. I’ve been at home with Covid for 2 weeks, I was bored, and decided I’d try to save myself $350 of cerakote job by watching YouTube and coating the gun myself.

I’ve sanded the paint off that stock and done it a couple times now.
Posted By: gundoc

Re: Cerakote - 05/23/22 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by AC870

Who can do this Cerakote job? 3 colors. Graphite black, burnt bronze, and multi-cam green.

[Linked Image]

I'm seeing 4 colors in that pic. Appears to be 2 different MC greens (MC actually has 3)
Finding a stencil pack large enough for a shotgun/rifle is difficult too unless you have you own vinyl cutter.
Last time I looked no one offered a high heat stencil in bottomland. There may be something available now, but I'd have to look again.

Sorry AC I got your text and got squirreld and forgot to reply.

Re: Cerakote - 05/23/22 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by gundoc
Originally Posted by AC870

[Linked Image]

I'm seeing 4 colors in that pic. Appears to be 2 different MC greens (MC actually has 3)
Finding a stencil pack large enough for a shotgun/rifle is difficult too unless you have you own vinyl cutter.
Last time I looked no one offered a high heat stencil in bottomland. There may be something available now, but I'd have to look again.

Sorry AC I got your text and got squirreld and forgot to reply.

Let me know if you come up with anything.
Black is looking better and better. But I think there are different shades of black even.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM