Aldeer.com

AR question

Posted By: handihunter

AR question - 03/25/21 08:38 PM

Got a question for the AR gurus.I’m looking for a picatinny rail that mounts to the bottom of a standard M4 style hand guard. What is the rail called???
Posted By: BCLC

Re: AR question - 03/25/21 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by handihunter
Got a question for the AR gurus.I’m looking for a picatinny rail that mounts to the bottom of a standard M4 style hand guard. What is the rail called???

Handguard Picatinny Rail ~ click here

Re: AR question - 03/25/21 09:07 PM

Yep, that’s it. Thank ya!!!
Posted By: modoc_333

Re: AR question - 03/26/21 04:16 AM

Have you thought about other handguards? Keeping the original is great if you want to stay old school but adding a rail turns it modern. I have the one linked below. Still feels more similar than a metal quad rail and is very comfortable. But allows rails to be mounted in various positions.

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessor...-length-ar15-m4.html?mp_global_color=118

Re: AR question - 03/26/21 04:51 AM

I did consider that exact one. I did order the rail and depending on how I like it or not I may go with the Magpul.
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: AR question - 03/26/21 02:40 PM

I like the mlok hand guard the best. To me it looks better. I do have the magpaul one, on an ar, there's nothing wrong with it and its lighter than the aluminum hand guards.

I hate the quad rails. To me they're ugly and uncomfortable

Re: AR question - 03/26/21 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by goodman_hunter
I like the mlok hand guard the best. To me it looks better. I do have the magpaul one, on an ar, there's nothing wrong with it and its lighter than the aluminum hand guards.

I hate the quad rails. To me they're ugly and uncomfortable

Yes to all of this.

Re: AR question - 03/26/21 09:26 PM

I did consider that exact one. I did order the rail and depending on how I like it or not I may go with the Magpul.

I suspect you won't like it running the full length like that on your hand. Amd it won't flow with the rest of the ergonomics like the Magpul is designed for.

Re: AR question - 04/02/21 01:42 PM

Did your rail come in? What do you think?

Re: AR question - 04/03/21 01:28 AM

It did. Not liking it very much. Makes it seem a little crowded. Most likely going to go ahead and order the Magpul.

Re: AR question - 04/03/21 01:33 PM

It did. Not liking it very much. Makes it seem a little crowded. Most likely going to go ahead and order the Magpul.

I think you will like it
Posted By: bambam32

Re: AR question - 04/03/21 02:30 PM

I have been through the same progressions you are going through now. Modify the original hand guard, magoul, etc. I have a box of those accessories that I will probably never use again. Now, I will never own another AR without a lightweight 15” full length; free float hand guard.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM