Aldeer.com

Mosin Nagants

Posted By: Thread Killer

Mosin Nagants - 10/17/20 10:36 PM

Anyone collect them? I have a 1915 M91, It’s not a Finn capture but it’s got some serious mojo going on. The red on these stocks are something else. Whats the value of an original M91 Dragoon? Non matching numbers.
Posted By: roadkill

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/17/20 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Thread Killer
Anyone collect them? I have a 1915 M91, It’s not a Finn capture but it’s got some serious mojo going on. The red on these stocks are something else. Whats the value of an original M91 Dragoon? Non matching numbers.

$300 -$350 depending on condition and rarity. If you are anywhere close by I'd like to see it.

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/18/20 12:08 AM

https://ibb.co/XzXBHYF

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/18/20 12:09 AM

https://ibb.co/MBRt3HD

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/18/20 12:09 AM

Great looking old hex receiver. Is it import stamped?

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/18/20 12:11 AM

Yea CAI at the end of the barrel

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/18/20 12:23 AM

Nice rifle regardless. Lots of history.
Posted By: Rockhound

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/18/20 12:47 AM

I have always wanted one of these just as a cheap plinker but never bought one.,
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/18/20 01:28 AM

Yall remember when you could buy a Nagant for $100?
Posted By: Mdees

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/18/20 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by crenshawco

I remember a shop in town had a dozen at any given time in a barrel for $45 and the 7.62x54r was 7cent a piece.
Posted By: hammerhead

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/18/20 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mdees

I remember a shop in town had a dozen at any given time in a barrel for $45 and the 7.62x54r was 7cent a piece.

Larry's Gun Shop, I bet
I got one there back in '01, then sold it to a buddy of mine
Posted By: Mdees

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/18/20 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by hammerhead
Originally Posted by Mdees

Larry's Gun Shop, I bet
I got one there back in '01, then sold it to a buddy of mine

That's the place.
Posted By: Todd1700

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/19/20 02:28 AM

I have a few Mosins. I have a 91/30, a Finnish M-39 and a Finnish M-28. My Finnish M-39 has one of the nicest looking stocks I have ever seen on a military surplus rifle.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/19/20 02:33 AM

I bought a 1969 Sako unissued from Empire Arms back in 2012 for $500. I kept it a couple years and traded it off. I’ve been looking for another since. I have yet to find one. Very fine rifles there Sir.

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/19/20 12:47 PM

Great looking rifles all. The Finnish M39s are the top gun of the Nagants. I have a M39, a M44, and a 1917 Remington. Messed around on an online auction and ended up with this 1944 Finnish Tikka rebuild with an East German scope. Took a while to get it zeroed but it can hit a target. Thinking about taking it deer hunting this year.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 3% outdoorsman

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/22/20 02:38 AM

I recently traded off a Tikka m91 and a valmet vkt m39.sure I'll regret someday but I'm not into collecting surplus like I used to be.prices are stupid now
I would like another m39 though.lol
Posted By: M48scout

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/22/20 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by roadkill
Great looking rifles all. The Finnish M39s are the top gun of the Nagants. I have a M39, a M44, and a 1917 Remington. Messed around on an online auction and ended up with this 1944 Finnish Tikka rebuild with an East German scope. Took a while to get it zeroed but it can hit a target. Thinking about taking it deer hunting this year.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That’s nice roadkill. I gave my dad a decent M44 a while back. That thing kicks with full power ammunition.

I have an Yugo M48 with a scout scope mount (thus my handle from a long long time ago), and a Venezuelan Mauser with a 29” Persian barrel fitted by a friend of my dad many decades ago. I have a Burris 2x scout scope on that one and I promise I’ve shot 3 shot 3/4” groups with that twice before. I also have a Turkish Mauser me and my buddy chipped in together a long time ago to buy for like $55. I was 18 and that was both of our “1st gun”. We would but those stripper clips in bandoleers for super cheap in bulk and shoot all afternoon. Good times

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/22/20 10:27 AM

The M48 Mausers are nice guns. The Turkish Mausers are solid work rifles that have seen lots of history.

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/22/20 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by 3% outdoorsman
I recently traded off a Tikka m91 and a valmet vkt m39.sure I'll regret someday but I'm not into collecting surplus like I used to be.prices are stupid now

That was close to heresy. Unpardonable sin.

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/26/20 02:08 AM

Oh I bet you would have loved the artic Birch figuring on the Tikka stock really cool looking but I made a huge profit on the deal.
Have to upgrade sometimes

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/26/20 11:27 AM

Oh I bet you would have loved the artic Birch figuring on the Tikka stock really cool looking but I made a huge profit on the deal.
Have to upgrade sometimes

Still ain't right. Those are beautiful rifles

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/27/20 01:45 AM

I can get finn's from stan anytime.finns I traded got me a rifle you can't find at a gun show

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/27/20 02:07 AM

SVT 40?

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/27/20 03:16 PM

SVT 40?

I would love a svt 40 that's one of the few surplus rifles I'd have a hard time passing up with a pocket full of cash.
There's 2-3 guys that will have svt40's at shows a few anyway.
Stan is the mosin finn guy that does a good bit of shows. I'm sure he's got some russian stuff put up also

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/27/20 11:26 PM

SVT 40?

I would love a svt 40 that's one of the few surplus rifles I'd have a hard time passing up with a pocket full of cash.
Stan is the mosin finn guy that does a good bit of shows. I'm sure he's got some russian stuff put up also

Yea I’ve been looking for one for years. They are like $350 in Canada.

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/28/20 01:48 AM

SVT 40?

Yea I’ve been looking for one for years. They are like $350 in Canada.

Hoover gun show there's usually two fellas in particular that let one out the safe pretty regular and both guys generally have one out.

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/28/20 02:42 AM

What’s the going rate of a decent one?

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/28/20 12:27 PM

they are getting up in the $2K range now. I remember when they were $400.

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/28/20 05:32 PM

Yeah this time last year before prices went crazy the mix master parts ones they had on tables was priced at $1100.
Probably mix of parts about like most the cheaper garands
Posted By: BPI

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/28/20 05:56 PM

Nice MN Thread killer. And I do remember when you could get SKS's for 100 bucks at every gun store in town.

Re: Mosin Nagants - 10/28/20 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by BPI
Nice MN Thread killer. And I do remember when you could get SKS's for 100 bucks at every gun store in town.

Thanks, it’s not mine anymore thought. It’s found a new home.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM