Aldeer.com

No more Wizzums

Posted By: BCLC

No more Wizzums - 08/04/20 06:53 PM

I’m officially out of the Wizzum business. I traded off the last rifle I had chambered in a WSM cartridge today. Seems like only yesterday (in reality - nearly 20yrs ago) they were the hot new kid on the block destined to solve every centerfire riddle we ever imagined. Funny how things work out in the long run.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/04/20 07:29 PM

Or the short run
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/04/20 07:35 PM

Well if you get ready to trade that titanium 700 let me know..
Posted By: gundoc

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/04/20 08:23 PM

The WSSM went away even quicker
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/04/20 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by gundoc
The WSSM went away even quicker

WSSM was an answer to a a question no one was asking.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/04/20 09:01 PM

I’m still loving my 7 SAUM. I won’t ever get rid of it.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/04/20 09:52 PM

I still have a 7 SAUM too. But I'm not a 5lb rifle freak so the Short Mags never really appealed to me all that much. They were always a solution looking for a problem for me. More efficient or better performance is never trumped buy the old horsepower saying that holds true....There is no replacement for displacement. And a 5lb .340 Weatherby Mags just don't exist nor would I want one.

The .270 WSM was the one I liked but the bullet technology hasn't been there in the past as efforts went to other calibers like 6.5 bullets. Maybe in the future. We will see. I passed up a sweet .270 WSM in a Montana that I am still sort of kicking myself over because of the price more than anything.

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/04/20 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by !shiloh!

I’ve grown mighty fond of that rifle in a short period of time BUT I’ll be sure to let you know if she does something to tick me off. I still can’t believe I lucked into a never fired 1st gen 700Ti, many thanks to 1shot. With a Leupold VX6, Warne mounts, and 4 rounds of ammo she weighs 6.75lbs and is sub-MOA With 2 different 150gr loads.

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/04/20 10:20 PM

I did pick up a 7 WSM last year at the gun show. M70 featherweight with some beautiful wood. It's a New Haven built Winchester and I like that the 7 WSM is sort of the oddball of the WSM cartridges. Although I would choose a 7 RSAUM if given a choice between the two.

Haven't shot it yet as I'm having a little work done on it by a Smith. Hopefully she'll be a good shooter without to much effort in load development.
Posted By: 1shot

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/04/20 10:20 PM

I briefly had a 270WSM and I just couldn’t make myself like it. It was a good round no doubt but I’ve always go back to my ol faithful .280 or 7-08. It’s funny how the good stuff tends to stick around and others weed themselves out.

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/04/20 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by BCLC

I’ve grown mighty fond of that rifle in a short period of time BUT I’ll be sure to let you know if she does something to tick me off. I still can’t believe I lucked into a never fired 1st gen 700Ti, many thanks to 1shot. With a Leupold VX6, Warne mounts, and 4 rounds of ammo she weighs 6.75lbs and is sub-MOA With 2 different 150gr loads.

Sounds like a good pick right there. 👍
Posted By: dave260rem!

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/04/20 10:54 PM

Rick Jamison is sad.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/04/20 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by BCLC

She's a sweet setup for sure !
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/04/20 11:14 PM

Thats funny. I'm converting to all wsm. Well, maybe not all, but going heavy that way.
Posted By: 3% outdoorsman

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/04/20 11:51 PM

I'm still wanting a 300wsm could really care less about the rest
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/05/20 02:33 AM

All y'all that have them weird ass calibers are gonna be SOL when SHTF and you have to rob your neighborhood for ammo.
Posted By: jb20

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/05/20 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote
All y'all that have them weird ass calibers are gonna be SOL when SHTF and you have to rob your neighborhood for ammo.

100% correct but I think everyone thats posted here has that aspect covered 😀

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/05/20 02:48 AM

Mr.Rockchucker loves weird ass calibers. Plus most of us that own weird chit have enough “regular” chit to scratch any itch that might come up. Or HAD rather....prior to the great flood of 2020 when everything burned up. All slingshots and ninja stars for me now. beers
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/05/20 03:17 AM

I've found all the 300wsm ammo I've wanted. Y'all keep selling, I'll keep buying.
Posted By: 3% outdoorsman

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/05/20 04:58 AM

Bad thing all the WEIRD stuff is all you can get ammo for right now.normal stuff dried up.the beauty of reloading and stocking up though.

The real weird stuff has never been available and always had to be hand loaded.the crap I like.weird

Got plenty normal stuff though.lol

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/05/20 11:00 AM

Having weird guns means nobody wants your ammo when SHTF.

My Forster Co Ax press just keeps cranking out all the weird ammo I need.
Posted By: QDMAV8R

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/05/20 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote

This ^^^^^

I recommend heavily investing in .308 rifles and the readily available 7.62 x 51 ammo.
Posted By: James

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/05/20 02:43 PM

Thought you'd done turned gay 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: No more Wizzums - 08/05/20 02:59 PM

I'm surprised every last one of y'all don't have a .243 WSM. Just saying it out load makes deer die inside of 200 yards and has no recoil.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM