Aldeer.com

Gun Slings

Posted By: GomerPyle

Gun Slings - 01/27/20 04:10 AM

I need a new gun sling.....currently use a neoprene one (forget brand) but my gun won't stay put on my shoulder with a crap. It's even worse if I'm wearing a backpack or turkey vest. The one I have is neoprene with little rubber bumps all over it but they dont hold worth a crap.

What do yall recommend for something that'll stay put?
Posted By: Semo

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 04:24 AM

first off, don't put it on your shoulder with a crap.... :

But I don't have any trouble with the cheaper nylon ones if they have a pad.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 04:26 AM

I like the Allen neoprene slings. All sling hardware is metal, no plastic, which I like. Not expensive either. You can find them at Simmons and probably other local stores.
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 11:33 AM

Slogan sling absolutely won't slip. Best I have ever tried, but they smell like a tire.

Last couple I have bought were Limbsaver Kodiak, and they work great. Not as good as the Slogan, but better than anything else I have tried.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 11:42 AM

The claw
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 01:17 PM

Safari Sling. If you ever use one you'll never go back to a shoulder sling. I have several and some of the guys on here have taken my advice and told me they really like them as well. You won't beat your gun up the stand on your back and the weapon is ready to bring into firing position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwn6Kfno7o

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote
Safari Sling. If you ever use one you'll never go back to a shoulder sling. I have several and some of the guys on here have taken my advice and told me they really like them as well. You won't beat your gun up the stand on your back and the weapon is ready to bring into firing position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwn6Kfno7o

I like that. Gonna have to look into getting a couple of those slings.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards
The claw

This

https://quake.bpishopping.com/shop/slings-straps/contour-sling-brown.html
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 03:01 PM

Keep it simple. Has a no slip surface . I've been using these for years.

https://www.butlercreek.com/products/slings/mountain-sling-with-swivels
Posted By: Davyalabama

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by 2Dogs
Keep it simple. Has a no slip surface . I've been using these for years.

https://www.butlercreek.com/products/slings/mountain-sling-with-swivels

+1 ==== easy on and off, plus, I can set it to get my elbow into very easy for getting it up and stabilized.
Posted By: James

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 03:11 PM

Leather

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by James
Leather

For my 'pretty' guns with wood and blued steel, I like leather also. My favorite is the Brownells Latigo sling.

Fact is, I rarely have my rifle slung on my shoulder. Usually carry it in my hands due to having a stand or pack on my back, and I like having a gun ready to shoulder. I've shot a few with my climbing stand still on my back.
Posted By: JA

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 03:51 PM

The claw

^^^This^^^

I've got three of them and about to buy another one. Best on the market in my opinion.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 05:43 PM

Quake slings. Holds really well to shoulder and doesn't slip off. Got one in brown to match my gun better than black.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 06:02 PM

The claw
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 06:07 PM

The old Mountain stalker or going to a two-point, chest carry, tactical style gives you all that and lots of ready options. Proble with hand carry is being a one-armed task master when doing other stuff, OR grounding your gun. That’s no bueno....especially when water, mud, dogs, quick shots, etc are involved.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 06:46 PM

Whatever sling you go with, check out the Frankenstud sling keeper. Pretty handy invention. After you use one you’ll wonder why all backpack straps don’t have that as factory option.
Posted By: JDawg

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 08:05 PM

Gomer u need to get a gungee sling. First sling I have ever had to no want to slide off!! Made here in Alabama as well. Look them up on FB
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 08:15 PM

Da claw
Posted By: RIVER-MAN

Re: Gun Slings - 01/27/20 11:52 PM

The Claw on my hunting rifles . I've also got a Avery on my Shotgun that I like a lot .
Posted By: Dublgrumpy

Re: Gun Slings - 01/28/20 12:33 AM

Have a cheap one but probly the best I've ever had for non-slippage.Made by butler creek.Can't find a model name/number but is rubber/nylon in realtree camo with rifle shell holders on the shoulder pad. $20 at wal-mart. Also extremely comfortable.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Gun Slings - 01/28/20 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by BCLC
Whatever sling you go with, check out the Frankenstud sling keeper. Pretty handy invention. After you use one you’ll wonder why all backpack straps don’t have that as factory option.

Pretty simple solution there. But damn, $45?
Posted By: hawndog

Re: Gun Slings - 01/28/20 01:22 AM

I like a thin leather strap about 1 inch wide. Difficult to find. But works better than any of the fancy ones I’ve tried. I have taken an old belt and made it into a sling. It was the best I’ve used.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Gun Slings - 01/28/20 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Shaw
Originally Posted by BCLC

Pretty simple solution there. But damn, $45?

Holy chit....I had no clue he was getting $45/ea for them now. When he first came up with the idea they were 2/$30. Must be catering to that high society crowd.
Posted By: Spotchaser8

Re: Gun Slings - 01/28/20 01:55 AM

I have an Allen BakTrak that I am very happy with.
Posted By: Dublgrumpy

Re: Gun Slings - 01/28/20 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dublgrumpy
Have a cheap one but probly the best I've ever had for non-slippage.Made by butler creek.Can't find a model name/number but is rubber/nylon in realtree camo with rifle shell holders on the shoulder pad. $20 at wal-mart. Also extremely comfortable.

Originally Posted by hawndog
I like a thin leather strap about 1 inch wide. Difficult to find. But works better than any of the fancy ones I’ve tried. I have taken an old belt and made it into a sling. It was the best I’ve used.

I found that the butler creek sling was referring to earlier is called comfort stretch. You can get a 1" wide leather sling through AA&E leather craft. Have a couple of those thats been around here for 35 years at least & no such thing as wearing them out.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Gun Slings - 01/28/20 03:00 AM

I can't stand a loose sling. I have Browning X-Cellerator slings on all my rifles and shotguns. It's one hand adjustable, so it cinches tight to my weapon when I take it off my shoulder. Or it can be quickly and easily let out as a shooting aid for offhand shots.
Posted By: 3% outdoorsman

Re: Gun Slings - 01/28/20 04:45 AM

Outdoor connection super sling is my favorite so far.no rubber or neoprene crap and it's cheap
© 2024 ALDEER.COM