Aldeer.com

Tikka T3 CTR shorty

Posted By: Drake322

Tikka T3 CTR shorty - 01/22/20 11:37 PM

Was playing on inter web and lord how mercy! May have found my future rifle. Anyone got any hands on experience? Was wanting to know how it stacked up total length wise to Remington model 7.
Posted By: buckhunter2

Re: Tikka T3 CTR shorty - 01/25/20 03:32 AM

They are tack drivers but comparison with a model 7 is apples to oranges. They are built for completely different purposes. One made to carry a lot and shoot a little. The other made to carry a little and shoot a lot.

A simple google search will give you the overall length of each.

Re: Tikka T3 CTR shorty - 01/25/20 01:38 PM

So, I guess you have seen some of my wants. Model 7 is ringing very loudly. No frills basic hunting g machine. Tikka a bench gun. But, it is a tack driver. Choices, choices.....
Posted By: DonH

Re: Tikka T3 CTR shorty - 01/25/20 02:00 PM

I have a ctr shoots very very well . that said a regular tikka t3 lite or a t3x would make for the better hunting rifle . my go to is a t3 lite in .308 with a leupold 3x9x40 not fancy no frills but shoot great and light to carry.

Re: Tikka T3 CTR shorty - 01/25/20 02:22 PM

Had two tikkas both 30-06. One had an issue the other a shooter even for me. I want a gun that is same length as a model 7 and just as light. That is just me.
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: Tikka T3 CTR shorty - 01/26/20 12:56 AM

Get a Tikka compact and put the spacers back in. M7s are neat to look at, but I never had one I liked shooting enough to keep or hunt much. I like 700s....but not 7s.

Re: Tikka T3 CTR shorty - 01/26/20 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by ALMODUX
Get a Tikka compact and put the spacers back in. M7s are neat to look at, but I never had one I liked shooting enough to keep or hunt much. I like 700s....but not 7s.

Hell of an idea. thumbup
Posted By: Ron A.

Re: Tikka T3 CTR shorty - 01/26/20 05:47 PM

Buy the compact and sell/trade the stock for a standard one. Sometimes the compacts will bring more than a standard stock.
I traded a compact for a wood stock.
Posted By: buckhunter2

Re: Tikka T3 CTR shorty - 01/26/20 07:18 PM

Just buy a tikka T3 lite in the caliber of your choice and have someone trim the barrel to your liking. You’ll have a lightweight and compact tack driver.

GunDoc is a member here and provides this service for a very reasonable fee. Much easier option than playing the stock swap game.

Re: Tikka T3 CTR shorty - 01/26/20 11:25 PM

I will probably look at getting a compact then sell the stock. I have a source now, through a good friend, that will develop me a couple loads for the gun one I settle on one bullet style.
Posted By: Ron A.

Re: Tikka T3 CTR shorty - 01/27/20 12:07 PM

check with GunDoc, he had a full size stock not too long ago.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM