Aldeer.com

Meopta Optika 6

Posted By: nomercy

Meopta Optika 6 - 01/17/20 01:28 AM

Anyone try one yet? I’m interested but can’t find a dealer anywhere near Montgomery
Posted By: Ron A.

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 01/17/20 01:38 AM

same as the Meopro except with 30mm tube.
Posted By: buckhunter2

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 01/17/20 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Ron A.

Are you referring to only the glass?

The scopes are completely new models with new specs, features, etc. How does that make them the same as the Meopro? There are numerous differences than just the tube size.

Here’s the best review I’ve found from a reputable source.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14295893/1

Posted By: Big Bore

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 01/17/20 04:37 AM

Great product
Posted By: ChrisAU

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 01/17/20 03:20 PM

I'd really like to look through one with the Dichrotec 4D reticle.
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 01/17/20 04:23 PM

Meopta scopes have great glass, but are just too heavy to suit me. The Optika 6 3-15 x 44 mm is 27.3 oz.

Compare this to the Leupold VX-6HD 3-18 x 44 at 21.3 oz, and the Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 x 44 at 15.9 oz.
Posted By: Ron A.

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 01/17/20 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by buckhunter2
Originally Posted by Ron A.

Are you referring to only the glass?

The scopes are completely new models with new specs, features, etc. How does that make them the same as the Meopro? There are numerous differences than just the tube size.

Here’s the best review I’ve found from a reputable source.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14295893/1

the Optika 6 has the same glass as the Meopro.
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 01/17/20 08:39 PM

They are a new line of Meopta that falls between the Meopro and the Meostar. Unlike the Meopro, these have 30 mm tubes, like the Meostar line.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 01/23/20 03:56 PM

I bought one a couple of weeks ago, but haven't mounted it yet.

Scott's Outdoors in Jay FL has the Optika6 3-18x50 with Dicrotech 4D reticle for $499. After reading and watching some reviews on them, I couldn't pass that deal up.

It's on the heavy side...but like one of the reviewers said...you're not going to get this kind of quality in a lightweight offering for the price Meopta is selling them for. There's a sacrifice to be made somewhere. Quite frankly, mine is going on a rifle that will be used in shooting houses anyway, so I couldn't care less if it's on the heavy side.

Reviews show repeatability when dialing (it includes zero stop), it holds zero when abused, and it performs very well in low light.

I'll know more when I get mine mounted and put some rounds down the tube.

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 01/23/20 05:19 PM

That’s a great price
Posted By: big mike

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 01/23/20 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisAU
I'd really like to look through one with the Dichrotec 4D reticle.

If your around Opp let me know and you can look thru mine.I really like mine.

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 01/23/20 07:23 PM

Just found out they are coming out with the Opitka 5 this year, all 1" tubes. No word on reticles yet. All capped turrets. 2-10x42, 3-15x44, 4-20x44, and 4-20x50.
Posted By: rblaker

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 01/24/20 04:14 PM

I has been looking at the vx-5hd for some new glass but now am considering the optika6. Finding a few too many horror stories with Leupold’s erector system lately. Not much of a price difference but about 10 ounces difference between the two.

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 01/24/20 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by rblaker
I has been looking at the vx-5hd for some new glass but now am considering the optika6. Finding a few too many horror stories with Leupold’s erector system lately. Not much of a price difference but about 10 ounces difference between the two.

Look out for the new Optika 5 scopes, they will be 20-23 oz.
Posted By: Luvbowhuntn

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 01/24/20 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by UncleHuck

Meopta scopes have great glass, but are just too heavy to suit me. The Optika 6 3-15 x 44 mm is 27.3 oz.

Compare this to the Leupold VX-6HD 3-18 x 44 at 21.3 oz, and the Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 x 44 at 15.9 oz.

Yeah that makes great sense. Let’s compare the Meopta’s to scopes that are 3x the price of the Optika 6. Lol
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 01/25/20 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Luvbowhuntn

Yeah that makes great sense. Let’s compare the Meopta’s to scopes that are 3x the price of the Optika 6. Lol

Optika 6 is about $550. Z5 can be bought for about $1100, and the Z3 is even lighter and can be bought for about $700. Leupold has dozens of models that weigh far less, as do most other makers.

Optika 6 still weighs a ton. I have no clue why it is so heavy. I just picked two that I had been recently looking at and knew the weight. There is no reason for a scope to weigh that much.
Posted By: bill

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 01/25/20 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Luvbowhuntn

Optika 6 is about $550. Z5 can be bought for about $1100, and the Z3 is even lighter and can be bought for about $700. Leupold has dozens of models that weigh far less, as do most other makers.

Optika 6 still weighs a ton. I have no clue why it is so heavy. I just picked two that I had been recently looking at and knew the weight. There is no reason for a scope to weigh that much.

I'd be shocked if the Z3 is in the same ballpark in low light performance to the Meopta. People are paying a premium for the Sawro name on the Z3 while getting performance that can be had under $500.

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 02/05/20 08:49 PM

I couldn't help myself, ordered a Optika6 3-18x56 with the 4D Dichrotech reticle today. Capped windage, exposed elevation. Other than the weight it sounds perfect, which for stand and box hunting it should be very nice.

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 02/06/20 04:24 PM

Let us know how that dicro looks. I want the 3-18x50 illuminated dot.
Posted By: Razorsharp123

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 02/10/20 04:56 AM

There is what seems to be a screaming deal on one of these at the campfire

3-18x56. Might be coming home with me but I can’t convince myself to pull the trigger just yet. Thought I’d throw it out there for you gents to take a look at.

If anyone is looking for a 4.5-14x44 with exposed turrets I’ve got one I’d part with.

Cheers

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 02/14/20 05:37 PM

Alright guys...the Meopta is already on its way back to where I bought it. With it next to my 3-9x42 SWFA SS HD at last light looking at the tree line and some deer 20-40 minutes after sunset Wednesday the 3-18x56 Optika 6 was at best equal in brightness and lower on resolution with both at 9x. Had a buddy with me who agreed. Now I have a Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44 on the way to compare...
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 02/14/20 06:17 PM

Alright guys...the Meopta is already on its way back to where I bought it. With it next to my 3-9x42 SWFA SS HD at last light looking at the tree line and some deer 20-40 minutes after sunset Wednesday the 3-18x56 Optika 6 was at best equal in brightness and lower on resolution with both at 9x. Had a buddy with me who agreed. Now I have a Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44 on the way to compare...

Not surprised. I think meopta is a brand that gets a lot of hype because it's lesser known than say a Zeiss, so it gets a lot of superfans convincing folks it's the bee's knees compared to more commonly purchased brands.

Glad I passed on the optika. Thanks for the report

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 02/14/20 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by dirkdaddy

Not surprised. I think meopta is a brand that gets a lot of hype because it's lesser known than say a Zeiss, so it gets a lot of superfans convincing folks it's the bee's knees compared to more commonly purchased brands.

Glad I passed on the optika. Thanks for the report

I think the glass in the SWFA HD is in the same tier as the Meopta Meopro (which is what is in the Optika 6), just on the upper end of that tier. The Optika6 is LOADED with features, had great feeling turrets, good looks in person, the dichrotech reticle was neat (although too fine IMO for a FFP at lower power). I'm not saying the Optika6 is a bad scope, its just not a low light upgrade over my SWFA. The MeoStar R1 & R2's I'm sure are on the next level optically speaking.
Posted By: Barton

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 02/15/20 04:39 PM

I am surprised you felt that the Optika6 3-18 didn't have great low light visibility? I used mine to take a nice buck right at legal shooting time and watched him through my scope and bino's for 20 min before that. Having worked for a different optic company for about 10 years I am thoroughly impressed with what the Optika6 brings to the table and the price. I have put this scope on everything from a .17 Airgun all the way to a .375 H&H with no issues. Some of my buddies have even hopped on the Meopta bandwagon after checking out my Optika6. I loaned a friend of mines Nephew my rifle and he took his first buck ever in thick woods at first light.

Optika6 3-18

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 02/15/20 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Barton
I am surprised you felt that the Optika6 3-18 didn't have great low light visibility? I used mine to take a nice buck right at legal shooting time and watched him through my scope and bino's for 20 min before that. Having worked for a different optic company for about 10 years I am thoroughly impressed with what the Optika6 brings to the table and the price. I have put this scope on everything from a .17 Airgun all the way to a .375 H&H with no issues. Some of my buddies have even hopped on the Meopta bandwagon after checking out my Optika6. I loaned a friend of mines Nephew my rifle and he took his first buck ever in thick woods at first light.

Optika6 3-18

Oh I think it’s a good scope and good in low light, just not better than a SWFA HD optically. Definitely has more features than an SWFA.

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 02/15/20 04:49 PM

I now have a Leupold Mark 5HD on the way to try to unseat the SWFA. Everything I’ve read says it has top tier glass.

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 02/16/20 12:43 AM

Optika6 3-18

Oh I think it’s a good scope and good in low light, just not better than a SWFA HD optically. Definitely has more features than an SWFA.

Didn't you just make a post over on the campfire last week talking about your SWFA being subpar in brightness during legal shooting hours? Couldn't see some deer at a very short distance?

I know there are some guys who like the SWFA scopes, but I can't get past the fact that they're a Tasco. I've looked through a couple before and found them to be nothing beyond average optically. I've heard on the plus side, they are very repeatable when dialing. But like I say....it's still a Tasco.

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 02/16/20 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by hunterbuck

Optika6 3-18

Didn't you just make a post over on the campfire last week talking about your SWFA being subpar in brightness during legal shooting hours? Couldn't see some deer at a very short distance?

I know there are some guys who like the SWFA scopes, but I can't get past the fact that they're a Tasco. I've looked through a couple before and found them to be nothing beyond average optically. I've heard on the plus side, they are very repeatable when dialing. But like I say....it's still a Tasco.

You clearly don’t get the concept of SWFA scopes and apparently haven’t looked through the 3-9 version either. The 3-9x42 HD is made by LOW in Japan, the same company that makes the Bushnell LRHS/LRTS, Vortex Razor and Nightforce SHV, so I guess they are just a Tasco also.

The sub-$300 fixed SWFA SS scopes were designed as an aiming device that tracks true and holds zero under the recoil of a 50-cal. They do this extremely well and better than most scopes costing 3-4x as much. Do you really think it can track perfect, hold zero and have stellar glass all for under $300???

However, the resolution on the fixed 6x SS is still surprisingly good and in fact good enough to resolve 22-cal holes at 100 yards.

I’ll take a “reliable” scope over great glass anytime. I have binos for “looking” at stuff.

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 02/16/20 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by buckhunter2

You clearly don’t get the concept of SWFA scopes and apparently haven’t looked through the 3-9 version either. The 3-9x42 HD is made by LOW in Japan, the same company that makes the Bushnell LRHS/LRTS, Vortex Razor and Nightforce SHV, so I guess they are just a Tasco also.

According to ChrisAU's post on campfire, the 3-9 HD apparently is "just another Tasco" with regards to its glass. His quote, not mine..." yesterday watching deer from the stand in the last few minutes of legal light at 65 yards I could not see them through the scope at 5-6x but I could see them easily through my 10x50 Leupold BX-4 binos". So, what's the point in a scope if you can't see what you want to shoot through it?

And, whether you knew it already or not, SWFA is LITERALLY a Tasco. Even their user manuals have "Tasco" printed on them...or did up until a couple of years ago.

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 02/16/20 03:19 AM

Chris may need to go see Bamaeyedoc if a SWFA HD or a 50mm Meopta aren’t good enough to kill pine goats during legal AL shooting hours.

I can see plenty good enough with my 3-9x42 HD to kill deer during legal hours regardless of cloud cover or terrain.

Sounds like you frequent 24HCF enough to know the SWFA SS is more than adequate for critter killing both near and far.

First 3 deer I ever killed were with a 3-9 Tasco, so I reckon I can still sleep at night knowing I killed 6 with a “Tasco” this yr 😉.

Re: Meopta Optika 6 - 02/16/20 03:53 PM

Yes I’m looking for something better than the SWFA, and the Meopta 56mm was not better. Says a lot about the SWFA/Tasco.

Yes I absolutely had two days hunting in January where I could not resolve a deer in legal light through the scope.

Yes, I have been to an eye doc and my right eye is only correctable to between 25/20 and 30/20 and has specific trouble at low light due to a small cataract in the middle of my pupil that blocks a large portion of the exit pupil of a rifle scope, making me very sensitive to glass quality in very low light.

Yes, my SWFA/Tasco was good enough to kill 9 deer and 1 bull elk this year...
© 2024 ALDEER.COM