Aldeer.com

Bino harness

Posted By: grundan

Bino harness - 12/23/19 08:20 PM

Recommend a harness. I got some binoculars now but I can’t stand them flopping around when I lean over to pick up something. 10x42 for size reference
Posted By: Overland

Re: Bino harness - 12/23/19 09:09 PM

Looking for the same thing, preferably all weather.
Posted By: buckhunter2

Re: Bino harness - 12/23/19 09:14 PM

Best $20 you’ll ever spend on a hunting related item.

I’ve tried several more expensive ones and much prefer this one. Very versatile and easy to adjust.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/RYO...b2NXM5gIVEfDACh0hDQrJEAQYASABEgJwRPD_BwE
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Bino harness - 12/23/19 09:47 PM

I use and prefer the one made by FHF Gear.
Posted By: jrs89

Re: Bino harness - 12/23/19 09:53 PM

I have a badlands harness. I got it 50% off and it works good.
Posted By: Luvbowhuntn

Re: Bino harness - 12/23/19 09:54 PM

Another vote for the FHF Gear. It’s a dang handy set up.
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: Bino harness - 12/23/19 10:30 PM

Rick Young Outdoors that Buckhunter2 suggested. Best I have used, and I have tried several.

Their neoprene case/cover is awesome also.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Bino harness - 12/23/19 11:17 PM

I got a Kuiu pro harness before my trip to Wyoming. Been very satisfied with it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Bino harness - 12/24/19 12:05 AM

Alaska guide creations is the one I landed on after selling my badlands.

I recommend.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Bino harness - 12/24/19 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by UncleHuck

Rick Young Outdoors that Buckhunter2 suggested. Best I have used, and I have tried several.

Their neoprene case/cover is awesome also.

This harness is hands down the least cumbersome, most useful bino harness in existence. You will not be disappointed if you buy one.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Bino harness - 12/24/19 12:05 PM

I tried several before settling on a Sitka , its light and simple. I looked on their site and didn't see it maybe they quit selling it. All I saw was a monster size that had a pouch made on it. Looked like a backpack on your chest.
Posted By: choiceguy

Re: Bino harness - 12/24/19 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by TickaTicka
Alaska guide creations is the one I landed on after selling my badlands.

I recommend.

Same here. I have the Vortex branded one but it’s exactly the same. Also have the rangefinder pouch integrated into the chest strap and it works well as a single unit.
Posted By: ChrisAU

Re: Bino harness - 12/24/19 04:12 PM

+1 for Alaska Guide Creations
Posted By: bamamed1

Re: Bino harness - 12/24/19 04:38 PM

I have an FHF gear. It’s ok but I actually like the Marsupial design a little better.
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: Bino harness - 12/24/19 08:35 PM

I chest carry a rifle a lot, and fixed harnesses get in the way. I prefer minimal/versatile carry (front, side, traditional) and fast/easy, based on how I’m hunting at the moment.

https://rickyoungoutdoors.com/binocular-harness/

Re: Bino harness - 12/24/19 08:43 PM

I like the idea of these with the case/pouch. Do these interfere with a bow string?
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Bino harness - 12/24/19 09:24 PM

No

Re: Bino harness - 12/24/19 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by grundan
I like the idea of these with the case/pouch. Do these interfere with a bow string?

You just take an arm and put it through the middle, and it’ll ride toward right or left of center, or just put the whole thing over a shoulder and let it ride on a hip.....binos and rf are easy to swing up and use either way.
Posted By: 1bamashooter

Re: Bino harness - 12/24/19 10:36 PM

Alaska Guide Creations

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Bino harness - 12/24/19 11:11 PM

Rick Young
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Bino harness - 12/25/19 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Shaw
I got a Kuiu pro harness before my trip to Wyoming. Been very satisfied with it.

[Linked Image]

This, I have 2 of these

Re: Bino harness - 12/25/19 03:38 AM

Thanks fellas,
Posted By: wew3006

Re: Bino harness - 12/25/19 04:31 AM

I use a Crooked Horn Bino Harness; does not interfere shooting a bow. I practice with it on.
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: Bino harness - 12/25/19 04:15 PM

I have a cheap Bushnell harness I got on clearance at academy a couple years ago. I like it and it works much better than a strap. I'm sure the nicer versions are even more comfortable. I don't think you could go wrong with any harness vs the strap
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Bino harness - 12/25/19 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by wew3006

I use a Crooked Horn Bino Harness; does not interfere shooting a bow. I practice with it on.

Kuiu and S4 both the same, they dont interfere shooting a bow. The S4 offers less protection from dirt and moisture though
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Bino harness - 12/30/19 04:42 PM

Some of y'all appear to be walking around with a baby carrier strapped to your chest

Try these:

https://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en.../easy-carry-binocular-harness-black.html

Re: Bino harness - 12/30/19 07:51 PM

This one looks pretty good.

https://www.badlandsgear.com/collections/binocular-cases/products/bino-basics
Posted By: Zkd22

Re: Bino harness - 12/30/19 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by 2Dogs

Its great when its new but the elastic stretches out pretty quick. I don't do the pouch thing. I like the simple Sitka one. Camofire had them for $24 a week or so ago. I really like Badlands packs and base layers but I wasn't crazy about the bino harness.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Bino harness - 12/30/19 09:12 PM

I've used this Vortex one for two years worth of deer and turkey hunting. It's been great so far.

Vortex Bino Strap

Re: Bino harness - 12/30/19 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Zkd22
Originally Posted by 2Dogs

Its great when its new but the elastic stretches out pretty quick. I don't do the pouch thing. I like the simple Sitka one. Camofire had them for $24 a week or so ago. I really like Badlands packs and base layers but I wasn't crazy about the bino harness.

The simple Sitka is what I have, I like it. I didnt see it listed on their site now though.

Re: Bino harness - 12/31/19 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Coosa1
I've used this Vortex one for two years worth of deer and turkey hunting. It's been great so far.

Vortex Bino Strap

That one looks good , very simple. I'll go back to the little neck strap that comes with binos before I wear a backpack on my chest for them.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Bino harness - 12/31/19 04:30 AM

The elastic is stretched out on my old Cabela’s harness. I just keep using them.

Re: Bino harness - 01/01/20 02:11 AM

The bungees on the Ruck young style work better than the strap style, IMO. Don’t have to worry about twists, and don’t even know you’re wearing it. Every chest pouch I tried ended up in my way and being hard to get on/off/just right. Couldn’t move them to my off side, wear regular, stuff in a backpack or jacket pocket, etc. Chest harnesses just seem like trying to make the simple into something overly complicated.

Re: Bino harness - 01/01/20 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by ALMODUX
The bungees on the Ruck young style work better than the strap style, IMO. Don’t have to worry about twists, and don’t even know you’re wearing it. Every chest pouch I tried ended up in my way and being hard to get on/off/just right. Couldn’t move them to my off side, wear regular, stuff in a backpack or jacket pocket, etc. Chest harnesses just seem like trying to make the simple into something overly complicated.

Same for me. I tried 4-5 different solutions, until I found the one from Rick Young Outdoors. It just works.

Re: Bino harness - 01/02/20 02:10 AM

Ok , I got my harness from Rick Young. It works great so far. I had on heavy jacket and 2 layers underneath it this morning, just slipped it on and made a quick adjustment. I got the little hang on deal for my range finder also. Thanks for the recommending this harness.
Posted By: buckhunter2

Re: Bino harness - 01/02/20 02:47 AM

Ok , I got my harness from Rick Young. It works great so far. I had on heavy jacket and 2 layers underneath it this morning, just slipped it on and made a quick adjustment. I got the little hang on deal for my range finder also. Thanks for the recommending this harness.

Good deal! Make sure you glance at the manual and see all the different ways to wear it and the quick and easy way to make it temporarily hold them really tight against your chest, comes in handy climbing in and out of stands.
Posted By: Grumman

Re: Bino harness - 01/02/20 02:48 AM

I alternate between the Alaska Guide Creations when I need the storage space for extras and a Rick Young when I don't. Rick sold me an orange whistle that clipped in to the harness that is handy. I heard Sitka is about to release a new model of harness, that could be why their old one is not on the website as others are saying.
Posted By: BUCK EYES

Re: Bino harness - 01/02/20 04:03 AM

Just got vortex binos and badlands harness case for Christmas. Dumb question but how do y’all attach binos to the key ring attachments in harness? Zip ties?

Re: Bino harness - 01/02/20 11:28 AM

Rick Young Outdoors sells binocular connection straps for $5. easy to use, and keeps the split ring off the binocular loop.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BUCK EYES

Re: Bino harness - 01/02/20 01:24 PM

Thanks!

Re: Bino harness - 01/02/20 05:58 PM

Directly with the split ring or a tiny piece of 550 cord or zip tie in between. Anything will work. Direct works bestest.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM