Aldeer.com

Lace Up Snake Boots

Posted By: ChrisAU

Lace Up Snake Boots - 11/18/19 03:53 PM

What are you guys using? Foot injuries have made my pull on Irish Setter snake boots, and any pull on boots for that matter, unbearable after a mile or two. I tried the Irish Setter Vaptrek ones one time but they hurt my ankles. Looking at Danner and Lacrosse offerings now.
Posted By: Bull64

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 11/18/19 08:49 PM

They ain't no snakes down there grin
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 11/18/19 09:22 PM

I use and have had good luck danner for snake boots.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 11/18/19 09:33 PM

You're the first person I've ever seen that had a comfort-related complaint with the Irish Setter Vaprtrek's. Did you have the knee-high ones or the shorter ones (like a hiking boot)? If I can ever find somewhere that has them in stock so I can try them on first, that's what I plan on getting, but I'm not ordering them without a chance to try them on first.
Posted By: ChrisAU

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 11/18/19 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by GomerPyle

You're the first person I've ever seen that had a comfort-related complaint with the Irish Setter Vaprtrek's. Did you have the knee-high ones or the shorter ones (like a hiking boot)? If I can ever find somewhere that has them in stock so I can try them on first, that's what I plan on getting, but I'm not ordering them without a chance to try them on first.

The knee high ones, I've read a few other reviews about ankle discomfort. I may try them again in a bigger size. BTW, Amazon offers free returns if they don't fit.
Posted By: modoc_333

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 11/19/19 01:36 AM

I have Irish Setter lace ups. I like them. Very comfortable
Posted By: donia

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 11/19/19 01:51 AM

Danner pronghorn snake boots are fairly stiff through the ankle, if support is the issue. I have had both vaperteks and pronghorns..Irish setters are more like sneakers and pronghorns are more like hiking boots.
If you use inserts, get wide size with pronghorns.
Posted By: 3% outdoorsman

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 11/19/19 04:55 AM

Buy some chaps and wear whatever boots you want
Posted By: Prohunter3509

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 11/19/19 11:47 AM

Russell moccasins they the cats meow
Posted By: 280AI_HAMMER

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 01/23/20 03:53 AM

Snake boots are expensive and I have yet to find a pair I like been using chaps for years over my danner boots maybe some out by now I would like always look but just keep using chaps
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 01/23/20 03:57 AM

Cabela's Copperheads. Comfortable walking a few miles in Jackson Co in cold and hot weather.
Posted By: 1shot

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 01/23/20 02:33 PM

Danner’s have been good to me.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 01/23/20 04:25 PM

Irish Setter here.
Posted By: bill

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 01/23/20 08:37 PM

Irish Setter Vaprtrek. I'm going into my 4th season with them and I hunt a lot. They are as comfortable as tennis shoes and I guess I got lucky because mine still seem to be waterproof.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 01/23/20 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by 3% outdoorsman
Buy some chaps and wear whatever boots you want

Think I'm gonna do this next. Just bought some Danners that are like wearing
tubes of PVC and I cant get the sides zipped up over my calves. Horrible for
covering much more than a mile.
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 01/23/20 11:20 PM

Most stout leather boots can turn a copperhead...been there, done that. It’s the bigger boys that hit higher that make the gaiters a good bet...JMO. If I had $600 to burn on boots, or the sense to do it when I did, I’d order some custom Russels with turtle skin and a zipper and be done with it forever.
Posted By: jpfishmaster

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 01/26/20 04:10 PM

I'm on my 2nd pair of Rocky's; took 10 years to wear out the first ones; most comfortable boot I own and suprisingly light
Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 01/26/20 09:56 PM

My Rocky`s wore out this year. They were 15 years old and comfortable as hell. I`ll most likely buy another pair.
Posted By: sportrep

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 01/28/20 03:12 AM

This will be my 20th turkey season with Russel lace up boots. I only wear them turkey hunting. 2nd set of soles. I treat the leather with saddle soap every year and they are still a bit stiff. They are as waterproof as a screen door, but waterproof wasn’t an option when I bought them. Two sets of laces (one for lower portion of boot and one for upper) was mentioned in a previous post and sounds like a good idea. They are NOT as comfortable as sneakers, but I can wear them all day while sitting or walking. I can’t remember what they cost when I bought them, but I would probably spend the $600 or so now if I were younger. They will very likely be my last pair of snake boots if I am able to hunt to 80. (I’m 60 now)
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: Lace Up Snake Boots - 01/29/20 04:37 AM

Danner. All day
© 2024 ALDEER.COM