Aldeer.com

6.5CM fans

Posted By: N2TRKYS

6.5CM fans - 11/08/19 02:47 PM

Any of y’all shot one in a Remington Model Seven? What did you think of it in that package?
Posted By: gundoc

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/08/19 04:45 PM

I haven't, but I have shot a Kimber 84M hunter which is almost the same package, maybe a pound lighter.

It shot and handled well, but I didn't shoot anything past 100 with it.

Buckhunter2 ended up with that rifle, and I think he shot it out past 200.

I have shot a Model 7 in .260Rem, Wish I had that rifle back.
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/08/19 05:05 PM

The Model 7s with the HS Precision stock is a looker.
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/08/19 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by odocoileus

Yes, it is. My challenge with the Model 7 is that you will find one that is the advertised weight, and the next one is a pound heavier.
Posted By: AU7MM08

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/08/19 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by UncleHuck

Yes, it is. My challenge with the Model 7 is that you will find one that is the advertised weight, and the next one is a pound heavier.

Drop it into an AG composites carbon fiber stock.

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/08/19 08:39 PM

I’ve only had four of them, but I’ve never experienced different weights.
Posted By: buckhunter2

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/08/19 09:39 PM

If this 6CM thing works out I’ll have a tikka 6.5 and howa alpine 6.5 up for grabs soon. But I’m keeping the straight bill hats that came with them.

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/08/19 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by buckhunter2
If this 6CM thing works out I’ll have a tikka 6.5 and howa alpine 6.5 up for grabs soon. But I’m keeping the straight bill hats that came with them.

Have you shot either one out of a Model Seven?

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/08/19 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by N2TRKYS

No-

I’m a Remington fan but their QC has slipped dramatically in the last few years. I’d rather spend my money and time on other rifles than current production Remingtons.

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/08/19 11:35 PM

No-

I’m a Remington fan but their QC has slipped dramatically in the last few years. I’d rather spend my money and time on other rifles than current production Remingtons.

The thread is about Remington Model Sevens chambered in 6.5CM.

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/09/19 12:20 AM

No-

The thread is about Remington Model Sevens chambered in 6.5CM.

My bad! You must have forgotten this is Aldeer, where the thread never stays on topic for more than 3 post.

I’m just glad to see you learned something from yesterday’s discussions😉

Maybe I’ll still have a tikka for sale when you tire of tinkering with that remmy.

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/09/19 12:47 AM

Maybe I’ll still have a tikka for sale when you tire of tinkering with that remmy.

I wouldn’t own a Tikka, if you gave it to me. I’ve never had to tinker with a Remington to get it to shoot.

I figured with all the 6.5CM love that surely someone had shot one in a Model Seven.

I guess not, yet.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/09/19 01:02 AM

I’d take a tikka to the dump. That’s where they belong
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/09/19 02:41 AM

Tikka rifles need trigger work to correct the cycle only on fire defect. Other than that, they are decent. A good stock makes the Lite series better.

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/09/19 02:34 PM

Tikka rifles need trigger work to correct the cycle only on fire defect. Other than that, they are decent. A good stock makes the Lite series better.

They got it right the first time. They only fire when your booger picker hits the bang switch.
Posted By: AC870

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/09/19 03:12 PM

WhTs wrong with Tikka, .257?
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/09/19 03:29 PM

I shot one for a customer to sight it in. T3 lite 308. Was a picky non shooting lil gun. Only ammo it likes is 178 eldx. Nothing Barnes would hit in a 10” circle. Just felt junky to me

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/09/19 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
I shot one for a customer to sight it in. T3 lite 308. Was a picky non shooting lil gun. Only ammo it likes is 178 eldx. Nothing Barnes would hit in a 10” circle. Just felt junky to me

🤔Too much Tito’s?
Posted By: Zzzfog

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/09/19 05:51 PM

I’d take a tikka to the dump. That’s where they belong

So typical coming from an aubie boo boo head. Handle one rifle and completely trash the entire brand loco
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/09/19 06:10 PM

Matt, you know you can't stir up the Tikka girls. They're more sensitive than Gheymoor or 270 shooters. 😀
Posted By: BCLC

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/09/19 07:12 PM

Tikka is a worthy stop on the road to Sakoville. grin

***i think the 6.5cm would be a good fit for the Model7
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/09/19 09:58 PM

Tikkas typically shoot but are too plasticy. I’m a fan of older remingtons which probably won’t be chambered for 6.5

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/09/19 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Forrestgump1
Tikkas typically shoot but are too plasticy. I’m a fan of older remingtons which probably won’t be chambered for 6.5

Nothing wrong with the new Remingtons, either.

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/10/19 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Forrestgump1

Nothing wrong with the new Remingtons, either.

Shhhhh .... Don't give away our secret!!!

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/10/19 12:52 AM

One thing about Tikka, it’s a “one size fits all” with their action length.
Posted By: hawndog

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/10/19 04:30 AM

Bought a Tikka 6.5.it is the best shooter in my safe. Better that the rem 700. Better than the Sako

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/10/19 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by hawndog
Bought a Tikka 6.5.it is the best shooter in my safe. Better that the rem 700. Better than the Sako

How did it do out of your Model Seven?
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/10/19 01:57 PM

Ain't a damn think wrong with Tikka for the $. I bought my son one several years ago when he was still in school. He's a lefty so that limited the choices. It's a .308 T3 light stainless and will shoot anything well you put in the pipe, TTSX with a freshly cleaned bore , fouled bore it don't matter. They put their $ in the barrel , action and such not the stock. The stock is kinda cheap feeling , but for a hunting gun not a big deal.

I've thought about "building" a mountain rifle off one. I'd start with a .308 , T3 light stainless , cut bout 2" off the barrel , maybe a different stock, topped with a very low power, quality scope. Hubble telescopes need not apply. That's all one would need for me.

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/10/19 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by 2Dogs
Ain't a damn think wrong with Tikka for the $. I bought my son one several years ago when he was still in school. He's a lefty so that limited the choices. It's a .308 T3 light stainless and will shoot anything well you put in the pipe, TTSX with a freshly cleaned bore , fouled bore it don't matter. They put their $ in the barrel , action and such not the stock. The stock is kinda cheap feeling , but for a hunting gun not a big deal.

I've thought about "building" a mountain rifle off one. I'd start with a .308 , T3 light stainless , cut bout 2" off the barrel , maybe a different stock, topped with a very low power, quality scope. Hubble telescopes need not apply. That's all one would need for me.

Dat sounds nice!!
Who does your barrel cutting?
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/10/19 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by AC870

Dat sounds nice!!

Something like that , I'd get Paul Morris up in North Jackson to do it.

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/10/19 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by AC870

Dat sounds nice!!

GunDoc on here trimmed 2” off my Tikka 6.5 Barrel. The price was right, it looked great and accuracy may have actually improved a little.

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/11/19 02:17 AM

[quote=hawndog]Bought a Tikka 6.5.it is the best shooter in my safe. Better that the rem 700. Better than the Sako

[/quote/]

I don’t have a model 7

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/11/19 02:21 AM

[quote=hawndog]Bought a Tikka 6.5.it is the best shooter in my safe. Better that the rem 700. Better than the Sako

[/quote/]

I don’t have a model 7

Thanks for the very useful info, then.

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/11/19 02:24 AM

[/quote/]

I don’t have a model 7

rofl
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/12/19 02:29 PM

I don’t have a model 7

laugh

Re: 6.5CM fans - 11/12/19 02:46 PM

I don’t have a model 7[/quote]

[/quote]
laugh[/quote]

https://images.app.goo.gl/vhYUK54P1fSXSYpK8
© 2024 ALDEER.COM