Aldeer.com

Portable tripod stand

Posted By: k bush

Portable tripod stand - 06/18/19 01:30 PM

Anybody know of a good portable tripod stand ? Need something that is easy to move and fits in the back of a truck. I used to have a Summit Predator Pod and foolishly I sold it. Seems they are not listed on the website anymore.

Found one made in Texas, but they don't ship.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Portable tripod stand - 06/18/19 01:40 PM

Millennium with the 4' extension is a nice setup for a lone hunter. There is a cheaper Sniper or Big Dog, etc., depends on who's selling it at the moment, that folds up you can move by yourself but it's really more of a 2 person gig moving it. It's pretty big (long) for one person and is medium heavy.

Try to check it out before you purchase because comfort goes a long way towards being still in the stand. With a tripod without a skirt on it I always pay special attention to movement. And I feel like it is tougher in a tripod for some reason even if I'm just moving my head around a bunch, etc.
Posted By: Shotts

Re: Portable tripod stand - 06/18/19 02:04 PM

The millenniums are light and comfortable but don’t have a foot rest which is aggravating when you try to rotate it. We have used them some in Nebraska on public land. They are light but it’s still a pia toting them a mile or so through the brush.

Re: Portable tripod stand - 06/18/19 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Shotts
The millenniums are light and comfortable but don’t have a foot rest which is aggravating when you try to rotate it. We have used them some in Nebraska on public land. They are light but it’s still a pia toting them a mile or so through the brush.

Not planning any real long distances from vehicle access.
Posted By: globe

Re: Portable tripod stand - 06/18/19 05:29 PM

I bought 4 of the cheap ones from sportsman’s guide last year and they work fine.
Think they were 89.00 or 99.00 each + shipping of course.
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Portable tripod stand - 06/27/19 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by globe
I bought 4 of the cheap ones from sportsman’s guide last year and they work fine.
Think they were 89.00 or 99.00 each + shipping of course.

Have these also have zero complaints
Posted By: Out back

Re: Portable tripod stand - 06/27/19 06:06 PM

I'm wondering just how portable a tripod can be.
I suppose any of them are portable to some degree, but damn if I wanna carry any kind of tripod.

Re: Portable tripod stand - 06/27/19 07:07 PM

Anybody know if the Hawk Hunt Pod is discontinued or just out of stock ? Cant find one online
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Portable tripod stand - 06/27/19 08:56 PM

Millennium is what I have and it is simple to move, setup and transport. Two of the three poles rest perfectly on my shoulder. 10ft is the only draw back, but you can buy a 3 ft extension for about $70.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM