Aldeer.com

DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS

Posted By: MallardMan84

DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/05/19 04:40 PM

Anyone happen to be running one on a Weatherby Vanguard? I have a 40 and 50mm scope that are options to saddle in it. I would like to low mount the 50mm if it will clear, I am sure a medium will clear.
Same question for Savage BVSS also.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/05/19 05:17 PM

They're fugly. Don't do it. Get Talleys instead.
Posted By: globe

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/05/19 05:41 PM

I have one on my wife’s Abolt. Solid
I can’t remember but I think I went with med on a 50mm Leupold.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/05/19 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG
They're fugly. Don't do it. Get Talleys instead.

and overbuilt but they are solid.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/05/19 06:12 PM

Fugly. Don't ruin your gun putting that on there.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/05/19 10:15 PM

I like 'em and have them on several weapons but not the one the OP is asking about.
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/05/19 10:19 PM

I like them too. Not ugly at all. Very well built.
Posted By: MallardMan84

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/05/19 10:53 PM

I have 1 on a Rem 700, a low mount with 40mm glass, sits about 1/32 off the barrel. About to grab 2 more I suppose, I think the medium will work for the 50mm
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/05/19 10:58 PM

Overbuilt PVC pipe clamps. Life is too short to shoot ugly rifles. Talley one piece is all I will use from now on.
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/05/19 10:58 PM

IF they were really ‘overbuilt’, they’d have much thicker rings and more than two screws to a cap. There’s a lot of wasted metal in those. Im not saying they’re ‘bad’. Just saying. I’ve got some, and they hold fine, but I won’t put expensive scopes in them and I make sure to lap and square, JIC.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/05/19 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by odocoileus
Overbuilt PVC pipe clamps. Life is too short to shoot ugly rifles. Talley one piece is all I will use from now on.

This
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/06/19 02:30 AM

DNZ are fugly, precise, and almost as good as Talley.

Before the tragic canoeing accident, all my hunting rifles had been converted to Talley Lightweights.

Sadly, they are all now several hundred feet below the surface of Smith lake.
Posted By: bill

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/06/19 05:31 PM

I've got DNZ mediums on a Vanguard with a 50mm Sig scope. Low definitely would have worked with my set up.
Posted By: Luvbowhuntn

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/07/19 10:16 PM

I use them on most all my rifles. Don’t have any Weatherbys though. I like them bc they’re rock solid and I’ve never had a DNZ mount leave a single mark on a scope. I can’t say the same for the Talley rings I’ve had. The Talleys do look better though imho
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/07/19 10:30 PM

I use DNZ Game Reaper mounts on my rifles because they work very well. I could care less how they look... my rifles are just tools I use to kill deer. I don’t own any safe queens.
Posted By: gundoc

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/08/19 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Luvbowhuntn
I use them on most all my rifles. Don’t have any Weatherbys though. I like them bc they’re rock solid and I’ve never had a DNZ mount leave a single mark on a scope. I can’t say the same for the Talley rings I’ve had. The Talleys do look better though imho

I agree. I've never had problems marring a scope finish until I used Talley rings.
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/08/19 11:58 AM

My rifles are tools as well, but I prefer not to gag when I look at them.

I have never had a Talley Lightweight mar a scope. Don't have a clue about the other Tally styles.

Worst scratching I ever saw on a scope had Conetrol mounts.
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/09/19 06:43 PM

Everyone has anecdotal experiences. I don’t know of any other rings with LESS contact surface than DNZ one-piece setups. Very few others I know of only use two acres to a ring, either. They may get away with it often. From a common sense design standpoint, they don’t have much to offer vs other designs.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/11/19 08:02 PM

I need one of y'all to toss your rifle outa your treestand and report back on the toughness of your DNZ scope mount. I figure it might come into play in that scenario.

I'm sure they are tough.

They also look like arse and are unnecessary.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/11/19 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Goatkiller

I need one of y'all to toss your rifle outa your treestand and report back on the toughness of your DNZ scope mount. I figure it might come into play in that scenario.

I'm sure they are tough.

lol
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: DNZ 1 PIECE SCOPE MOUNTS - 06/11/19 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Goatkiller

I'm sure they are tough.

Perxactly. Or one of the tacticool rail and ring mounts with 575 duzen screws to tighten. You know those are necessary due to the teeth rattling recoil of the 5.56.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM