Aldeer.com

Ruger LCP .380 range report

Posted By: Claims Rep.

Ruger LCP .380 range report - 04/13/19 11:18 PM

I picked up a new LCP at Larry’s last weekend, and shot it there before leaving. Yesterday I went to a private range and put a few more rounds downrange. At 75’ I put an entire mag into an area that I could cover with a pie plate. I’m very impressed with this little .380.... Ruger did a great job with this little pocket gun.

I also shot a buddy’s Glock 42, which of course did a better job with the recoil than the LCP, but the LCP is much more conceilable than the Glock. All in all, the LCP performed very well.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Ruger LCP .380 range report - 04/14/19 12:41 AM

That's good shootin' with that LCP.

BTW, the little metal clip that attaches with the rear pin is all you need to tote it. You can clip it in your back pocket, front pocket, IWB , OWB . Mighy fine.

Here's one.

https://technaclip.com/products/ruger-lcp-380-conceal-carry-belt-clip-right-side
Posted By: AC870

Re: Ruger LCP .380 range report - 04/14/19 01:11 AM

The LCP tucks in a pocket quite nicely, I’m told.
I’m also told a little yellow/white fingernail polish brightens up the sights considerably.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Ruger LCP .380 range report - 04/14/19 01:15 AM

Love my LCP so much I thinking about getting the LCPII.
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Ruger LCP .380 range report - 04/14/19 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by 2Dogs

BTW, the little metal clip that attaches with the rear pin is all you need to tote it. You can clip it in your back pocket, front pocket, IWB , OWB . Mighy fine.

Here's one.

https://technaclip.com/products/ruger-lcp-380-conceal-carry-belt-clip-right-side

Hmmm... that’s interesting. I’ll probably carry it using the pocket holster that came with the pistol. But that is an interesting way to carry it.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Ruger LCP .380 range report - 04/14/19 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Claims Rep.

Here's one.

Hmmm... that’s interesting. I’ll probably carry it using the pocket holster that came with the pistol. But that is an interesting way to carry it.

You put on of those on it , you'll put the holster in a drawer and never see it again. It's great for IWB over yer hip. In a pocket it looks like a knife. I wear 6 pocket pants some, I wear it in the side pocket. Very versatile.
Posted By: bill

Re: Ruger LCP .380 range report - 04/15/19 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Claims Rep.

Here's one.

You put on of those on it , you'll put the holster in a drawer and never see it again. It's great for IWB over yer hip. In a pocket it looks like a knife. I wear 6 pocket pants some, I wear it in the side pocket. Very versatile.

I've got the holster and the clip and agree that the clip is the way to go. Makes it much easier to carry and access and it doesn't print.
Posted By: biglmbass

Re: Ruger LCP .380 range report - 04/15/19 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Stob
Love my LCP so much I thinking about getting the LCPII.

I've wanted an LCP ever since they hit the scene even though at the time .380 ammo was super hard to find. Never shot one, but every time I've looked at & handled one in a store I've talked myself out of it.

Wasn't aware of an LCPII
Posted By: bobwallace

Re: Ruger LCP .380 range report - 04/15/19 03:19 PM

Ive got the LCP II and love it. I use this holster. Similar to the one 2Dogs posted, but it has a trigger guard.

https://www.versacarry.com/inside-the-waistband/zerobulk-holster/
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Ruger LCP .380 range report - 04/15/19 09:00 PM

Everyone always talks good about the LCP but I've had 2 of them they were both jam'omatics. I bought the first one and sold it for that reason, picked up a Sig P238 that was flawless but a little too big for pocket carry then I figured maybe that first LCP was just a fluke so I sold the Sig and got another LCP same results jammed every other mag with FMJ shot hornady critical defense fine just like the last one did. I can't make myself trust a pistol after it jams no matter what the reason may be so I sold that LCP and picked up an S&W bodyguard without the stupid built in laser and it has fired everything I've fed it for the past 3 years flawlessly. I also like the fact that it is double action with second strike and not double action single strike like the LCP if I get a light strike or something i can just pull the trigger again without having to work the slide.
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: Ruger LCP .380 range report - 04/16/19 02:19 PM

my buddy bought an lcp and it wont shoot hp's. I have an lcp2 and have yet to have it jam.
Posted By: treemydog

Re: Ruger LCP .380 range report - 04/16/19 02:28 PM

I had a chance to qualify at the sheriff's office for a private security team at last fall. Shot my glock 42, and almost shot 100%. Missed the FBI "bowling pin" just 3 times out of 50 rounds fired. Ive shot the LCP a few times, and they shoot well, but can attest that the 380 Glock 42 will absolutely do the job, and never once has it jammed with FMJs or with HPs.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM