Aldeer.com

Alabama Precision

Posted By: joshm28

Alabama Precision - 12/08/18 03:53 AM

Anyone on here planning on shooting the 1 day Match in February?
Posted By: James

Re: Alabama Precision - 12/08/18 04:43 AM

Naw but i have a customized Sendero i picked up from a feller a few months ago, that I'd like to stretch out, I finally was able to mount my scope yesterday. And i took it to my buddy's range this evening, and that ole gal punched out a 1/2" 3 shot group at a 100, with factory 162 grain ELDXS.

Re: Alabama Precision - 12/08/18 04:43 AM

Where's the shoot located?

Re: Alabama Precision - 12/08/18 02:10 PM

Right off I22 20 miles north of Jasper. Looooong way from Mobile. It’s only 15 min from my house though.

Re: Alabama Precision - 12/08/18 03:36 PM

Oh lawd, yeah i may have to pass on that one grin

Re: Alabama Precision - 12/08/18 06:36 PM

[Linked Image]

Not the best pic, but here's the Sendero ii i was talking about
Posted By: buckhunter2

Re: Alabama Precision - 12/09/18 03:38 AM

I could be talked into it. Setup a T3 CTR a few years ago with the idea of shooting one but haven’t made it over there yet.

Re: Alabama Precision - 12/09/18 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by buckhunter2
I could be talked into it. Setup a T3 CTR a few years ago with the idea of shooting one but haven’t made it over there yet.

If I sign up it will be my first. I did a Savage build just for PRS but never signed up for any matches.
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Alabama Precision - 12/09/18 04:56 AM

Never been in a match. Think I might would like it...
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Alabama Precision - 12/10/18 04:26 PM

I think the max MV = 3150. That's my problem with PRS seems like a mall ninja deal putting handcuffs on people so others that don't reload or build their own rifles can compete.

So basically - Everyone gets a trophy.

Which is fine I guess, but just seems like a lot of the people at the matches are the bank walker types so they won't let me whip mine out and show them it's bigger. Meh.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Alabama Precision - 12/10/18 06:26 PM

Was out there for a match last summer. What I remember is how hellishly hot it was.

I didn't shoot but had a few buddies who traveled in from out of state. Great set up. I probably should of signed up and done it. I think one guy one of my buddies was matched up with ended up winning the whole thing. He was shooting lights out.
Posted By: plt228

Re: Alabama Precision - 12/10/18 08:54 PM

The speed limit is usually there to keep from damaging the steel. Some of the gaming has gone over board. But if you’re not worried about where you place and just compete against yourself you’ll more than likely get to stretch to distances you’ve never been able to shoot at and have a good time. And once the clock starts it’s amazing how stress jumps up on what should be an easy shot. Just like when a big buck steps out where you’re not expecting and you don’t have long till he’s gone.
Posted By: AU7MM08

Re: Alabama Precision - 12/10/18 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by plt228
The speed limit is usually there to keep from damaging the steel. Some of the gaming has gone over board. But if you’re not worried about where you place and just compete against yourself you’ll more than likely get to stretch to distances you’ve never been able to shoot at and have a good time. And once the clock starts it’s amazing how stress jumps up on what should be an easy shot. Just like when a big buck steps out where you’re not expecting and you don’t have long till he’s gone.

Probably overboard but also pretty awesome.
I think of it like drag racing. Some have top fuel cars and others have quick daily drivers.
Some want the end of all be all money is no limit best set up possible and others want something they can take hunting and to a competition occasionally.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Alabama Precision - 12/10/18 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by CKyleC

Not much of a match guy but wouldn’t mind learning more about a range that close ...
Posted By: 1bamashooter

Re: Alabama Precision - 12/11/18 03:02 AM

I've got a extra dasher barrel that needs a action and chassis and a 308 that needs a new barrel guess I got to work some ot
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Alabama Precision - 12/11/18 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by NightHunter
Originally Posted by CKyleC

Not much of a match guy but wouldn’t mind learning more about a range that close ...

I looked at the website and it looks like they're not a range open to the public. They seem to be only for competition use and practice a couple days beforehand
© 2024 ALDEER.COM