Aldeer.com

New shotgun

Posted By: Bar270

New shotgun - 12/07/18 12:11 AM

If you were going to buy a new 12 ga shot gun for dove duck and turkey what would it be in a automatic
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: New shotgun - 12/07/18 12:16 AM

Either a Benelli or Beretta,you choose.

Re: New shotgun - 12/07/18 12:32 AM

The iptions i have been looking at are benellie beretta and browning
Posted By: BCLC

Re: New shotgun - 12/07/18 01:07 AM

Repeat after me....no duratouch stocks.

I think you would be happy with any of the 3 B's but I tend to prefer the Italian ladies like RH suggested. Miss Benelli and Miss Beretta are a pleasure to dance with. I know you said 12ga, but a Benelli M2 20ga with 26in barrel and Comfortech stock is my all time favorite do anything shotgun.

Re: New shotgun - 12/07/18 01:10 AM

ThNks for the great advice but what is the deal with the stocks
Posted By: BCLC

Re: New shotgun - 12/07/18 01:20 AM

The duratouch finish has a nasty reputation of turning sticky and gooey and ruining an otherwise fantastic firearm
Posted By: bill

Re: New shotgun - 12/07/18 01:41 AM

If price isn't a consideration I'd buy a Beretta A400 Extreme with the KO system. I prefer the softer shooting gas operated guns to the inertia systems on the Benelli's. If price was a concern I'd look at the Franchi's.
Posted By: fladeerhntr

Re: New shotgun - 12/07/18 05:39 AM

Beretta for sure. I have an extrema 2 that I've had for a ltitle over 10 years and have never had any trouble with it.
Posted By: BPI

Re: New shotgun - 12/07/18 01:44 PM

Benelli SBE 2
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: New shotgun - 12/07/18 03:37 PM

They no longer use the duratouch stock. That being said, my Win Super X3 has been at browning for a month and still hasn't been assigned to a gunsmith to fix.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: New shotgun - 12/07/18 03:51 PM

Benelli has never failed me I use to guide duck hunts and there is no telling how many thousands of rounds i have put through 2 of the original Benelli Super Black Eagles over about 25 years. Thousands of dead ducks and the only issue is a weak recoil spring in one gun but I used it the other day and it still cycled fine with some 3" loads and killed another limit. They are just about indestructible shotguns. I have thought about upgrading many times over the years to a newer version but always think that would just be a waste of my money there isn't a shotgun made that can do anything better than go bang every time you pull the trigger in every weather condition imaginable with anything you feed it. I've shoved countless handwarmers in the action to de-thaw it, picked ice out of it with a screw driver, dropped one in the lake when the dog knocked it off the front deck of the boat, broke ice with the buttstock.. Been covered in mud, water and duck blood most their days. Both guns are good as new today believe it of not. Look great.

The last man on earth will be wielding either an AK-47 or a Benelli SBE maybe both.

Re: New shotgun - 12/07/18 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by odocoileus
They no longer use the duratouch stock. That being said, my Win Super X3 has been at browning for a month and still hasn't been assigned to a gunsmith to fix.

Got a friend who's been waiting for 6 months to get his back from them.

Re: New shotgun - 12/07/18 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Goatkiller
Benelli has never failed me I use to guide duck hunts and there is no telling how many thousands of rounds i have put through 2 of the original Benelli Super Black Eagles over about 25 years. Thousands of dead ducks and the only issue is a weak recoil spring in one gun but I used it the other day and it still cycled fine with some 3" loads and killed another limit. They are just about indestructible shotguns. I have thought about upgrading many times over the years to a newer version but always think that would just be a waste of my money there isn't a shotgun made that can do anything better than go bang every time you pull the trigger in every weather condition imaginable with anything you feed it. I've shoved countless handwarmers in the action to de-thaw it, picked ice out of it with a screw driver, dropped one in the lake when the dog knocked it off the front deck of the boat, broke ice with the buttstock.. Been covered in mud, water and duck blood most their days. Both guns are good as new today believe it of not. Look great.

The last man on earth will be wielding either an AK-47 or a Benelli SBE maybe both.

Good post and I agree 100%. My SBE2 looks like it's been through the wringer, because it has. But it always shoots and holds the best pattern of any shotgun I've ever owned, and I've owned a ton of em.
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: New shotgun - 12/07/18 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by BPI
Originally Posted by odocoileus

Got a friend who's been waiting for 6 months to get his back from them.

Well that's great. They told me like 6-8 weeks.
Posted By: Whiskey9

Re: New shotgun - 12/07/18 10:32 PM

Benelli or Beretta is hard to beat.
I have a 20ga m2 that had stock problems after 10+ years but Benelli sent me a new buttstock and fore grip free of charge even out of warranty.
Also have a 12ga SBII thats pretty sweet to shoot as well.
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: New shotgun - 12/07/18 10:43 PM

What you should do is buy a 390 Beretta.
Posted By: icducks

Re: New shotgun - 12/08/18 11:59 PM

Beretta with kick off.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM