Aldeer.com

headed to Simmons

Posted By: Shaneomac2

headed to Simmons - 08/17/18 01:49 PM

On lunch today. Swarovski rep is going to bwe there today and tomorrow. Hopefully get a good deal on a scope for my 300 win mag. if not i may get a trijicon instead.
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: headed to Simmons - 08/17/18 02:05 PM

There is a guy on another forum I get on that has a high end camera and optics shop in New York. He's always running deals on scopes and has some really good deals on demo models, especially high end models. It may be worth looking at his website or giving them a call. I bought a VX3i 3.5-10x40 for $319 shipped yesterday. Hope you get a good deal. Guys name is Doug at Cameralandny.com. Call them and see what they can do.

Re: headed to Simmons - 08/17/18 02:10 PM

Awesome thanks.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: headed to Simmons - 08/17/18 02:24 PM

I'll 2nd that. Doug is good people and Cameraland has never let me down. The majority of my Meoptas have come from him.
Posted By: gundoc

Re: headed to Simmons - 08/17/18 02:36 PM

I've gotten some good deals by calling Doug. The first time I ordered from them though was through their website. I also got my credit card info stolen that time too!
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: headed to Simmons - 08/17/18 03:28 PM

I've ordered from Doug and also through Alex at Europtic. Both good places but lately I've preferred to deal at Simmons because I like the guys there and would rather support a local retailer. If you know Jeff he will work with you on the prices.

I'll be there tomorrow morning but probably not in the market for a new scope right now. The Swaraovski Z6 2.5x15x56 is under $2000 now, and the new models have a heavier plex reticle that is outstanding. I've been telling the representative the last couple of years this is the reticle they needed and they have finally done it.

Re: headed to Simmons - 08/17/18 04:00 PM

im somewhere in the 1k-1300 range myself. never thought i would spend that much on a scope.lol
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: headed to Simmons - 08/17/18 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Shaneomac2
im somewhere in the 1k-1300 range myself. never thought i would spend that much on a scope.lol

That's about my max range also. I have a few Z5 and Z3 models, but not a Z6 or Z8. But if you look through one of the Z6 models, the eyebox looks huge compared to the others and it is very tempting.

Re: headed to Simmons - 08/17/18 04:09 PM

Dang .. Ive never had any guns or scopes that are expensive. But this will last me the rest of my days and my son for years to come.

Re: headed to Simmons - 08/17/18 07:12 PM

Ended up with a 4x12x50 swarovski Z3. Got scope, leupold steel rings, and a nice sling for 915.00.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: headed to Simmons - 08/17/18 07:21 PM

Just get a Schmidt & Bender there is no better low light glass IMO. Scoplist has a Zenith 3-12x A7 in stock one sale and in your price range.

It is a heavy rugged scope. Buy that and thank me later.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM