Aldeer.com

Polymer 80 Glock Lowers

Posted By: GomerPyle

Polymer 80 Glock Lowers - 06/01/18 08:21 PM

Anyone have any experience with them? I've seen and heard a good bit about them online and I'm tempted to try one. I messaged them to see if they have a lefty version (mag release and slide release).....They're answer was "not yet", so hopefully they'll offer one soon.

For those not familiar, they make 80% (so no serial #) lowers that you have to "finish" yourself. comes with a jig for drilling the 3 pin holes, and you have to route out a couple of pieces of plastic. Looks to be a better grip than a stock lower (and most reviews agree), better ergonomics, etc. You could have the factory lower stippled and undercut, but you'd spend about the same amount of $ as a totally new lower.

As soon as they do a lefty version, I may have to buy one and put my G23 slide/barrel on it before eventually buying a separate 9mm slide and barrel to make it a totally separate gun.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jacannon

Re: Polymer 80 Glock Lowers - 06/01/18 09:22 PM

If you go slow and watch yourself ,you can do one with a drill press. Buy the end mills. The second one was much better than the first.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Polymer 80 Glock Lowers - 06/01/18 10:47 PM

How much they cost?

Re: Polymer 80 Glock Lowers - 06/02/18 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by AC870
How much they cost?

$150ish...... I can't imagine you could have one stippled and undercut for that, and even if you did, they rarely look like much.
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: Polymer 80 Glock Lowers - 07/07/18 02:51 AM

My 19 yr old just got his delivered today at 3:00 and had it completed and test fired before dark. He said if you know what a drill press looks like you can do it. But he’s got in it about what a new one in the store costs.

Re: Polymer 80 Glock Lowers - 07/07/18 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by CatHeadBiscuit
My 19 yr old just got his delivered today at 3:00 and had it completed and test fired before dark. He said if you know what a drill press looks like you can do it. But he’s got in it about what a new one in the store costs.

Awesome. Would love to see some pics. There are tons of videos of people doing it without even using a drill press, which is good cause I dont have one. You're not really going to save money doing it that way, but it seems like it'd still be a fun project. If I can get my hands on a stupid cheap older Glock 19, I may do it.

Re: Polymer 80 Glock Lowers - 07/07/18 06:36 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[imghttp://a68.tinypic.com/f1baix.jpg[/img]
[Linked Image]

Re: Polymer 80 Glock Lowers - 07/08/18 03:16 PM

The lighter colored places were filed off or milled out and 3 holes were drilled with the supplied bits and end mill. He said it was a total of 2 hrs to mill, drill and assemble.
Posted By: LUMPY

Re: Polymer 80 Glock Lowers - 07/09/18 08:36 PM

I looked into them when looking for a G43. After running the number it was going to be ~$100 more than a new one from the store so I just got a store bought one.

Re: Polymer 80 Glock Lowers - 07/09/18 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by LUMPY
I looked into them when looking for a G43. After running the number it was going to be ~$100 more than a new one from the store so I just got a store bought one.

Yeah, you're not going to get out cheaper than a store-bought one, but then, that's not the idea. There are 3 real reasons to do it.....

1. You won't get a factory lower [professionally] stippled and undercut much cheaper than what that one costs, and most factory ones, even when stippled/undercut by a pro, don't look like much.

2. You tried to stipple/undercut your own, and you completely FUBAR'd it, so this is a simple replacement.

3. Because it's an 80% lower, there is no serial number. It is a "ghost gun".

Eventually, I'd like to find a cheap G19...maybe one that needs a little TLC to use as a donor for slide and internals to start with.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM