Aldeer.com

stoeger coach guns

Posted By: KHOOKS

stoeger coach guns - 04/10/18 08:03 PM

How many of you have one or shot one? How is the fit and finish one them, also would you buy one again? I'm looking at the 20 gague walnut and nickle
(31489 model number or stoeger id #)
Posted By: BCLC

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/10/18 08:32 PM

I've got one of the Stoeger 12ga Coach Guns in Walnut & Nickel. It must be built extremely well because mine has been absolutely abused. Several hundred rounds have been run thru it and no telling how many times both triggers have been pulled simultaneously on a wager amongst friends. The gun is still as tight as the day I got it. I've shot several rounds of skeet with it at Selwood and LWSC, it's a blast to carry and the looks you get are priceless. Everybody wants to shoot it when they see it. Finish is about what you should expect from the price range but the fun factor puts it off the charts. I would buy another but I don't think this one will ever die grin

*mine is a 1st generation and if I'm not mistaken they are using a higher quality of wood now

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/10/18 08:44 PM

I'm torn between 12 or 20 ga. I wonder if the action are the same and you could just do a barrel swap from 12 to 20 and back.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/10/18 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by KHOOKS
I'm torn between 12 or 20 ga. I wonder if the action are the same and you could just do a barrel swap from 12 to 20 and back.

That's a great question. I'd love to add a set of 20ga barrels if that is an option. I'm gonna send Stoeger an email

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/10/18 09:19 PM

I just talked to them. They fit the barrel to the action for correct head space. He did tell me they done a combo a few years back, but I can only find the combo in the Condor o/u gun not the SxS. He said they done it in a coach gun but I can't find any info on it.

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/10/18 09:26 PM

I did run across a site call gunadapters.com that have 12 to 20 adapters. I not sure how it would pattern with a 20 ga shell. The chamber would be supported for the shell but the shot would be going down a 12 barrel and then thru a screw in choke. Some trail and error with chokes and you may find something. I'm planning on it being a defensive type weapon so running 12 or 20 ga reduced recoil buckshot it may do ok.
Posted By: quailman

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/10/18 09:36 PM

That's my next shotgun. Have shot my buddy's, and it is sweet.

They make a stainless one now. Probably that one in 20.

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/10/18 09:43 PM

That is the one I want. Not sure on gague yet 12 or 20. I want the coach gun supreme with two triggers.
Posted By: Shotts

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/13/18 04:17 PM

cz makes a nice hammer coach as well
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/13/18 07:21 PM

[Linked Image]

Good office defense too.
Posted By: 300gr

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/13/18 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by TickaTicka
[Linked Image]

Good office defense too.

I like!! If you don't mind how much was yours and 12 or 20?
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/13/18 08:35 PM

[Linked Image]

Good office defense too.

Woooweee that's about like looking up Jennifer Annistons skirt
Posted By: AC870

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/13/18 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Beadlescomb

No, it’s not.
Posted By: mark

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/14/18 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by AC870

No, it’s not.

Very true

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/14/18 03:00 AM

Guy "paid" me for some work with it. 12 ga. I haven't shot it as much as I should have.
Posted By: gundoc

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/14/18 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by mark
Originally Posted by AC870

No, it’s not.

Very true

Truth...Although I have never looked up her skirt, I can assure you no gun could ever compare to what I imagine that would be like. I would stand on my head an gargle peanut butter just to hear her fart through a walkie talkie!...Having said that, The Stoeger Coach guns are nice. Back when I regularly shot cowboy matches that was what I shot. It never let me down. Mine was a 12 gauge. If you shoot 20 gauge at a cowboy match they will laugh and call you names. grin

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/14/18 03:51 AM

Actually, you know what? It was like looking up Jennifer Anniston'skirt. I didn't know I wanted it until I saw it!
Posted By: gundoc

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/14/18 03:59 AM

Actually, you know what? It was like looking up Jennifer Anniston'skirt. I didn't know I wanted it until I saw it!

rofl flag
Posted By: James

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/14/18 05:15 AM

I had 2 over the years and sold both, wish I would've kept one now though.
Posted By: mark

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/14/18 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by gundoc

rofl flag

How could you not want it?
Posted By: Dixiepatriot

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/22/18 12:39 PM

I gave my Mom a .410 one for shooting boogers around the house.
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: stoeger coach guns - 04/22/18 10:01 PM

Me and a buddy bought a pair of them around 2010 he's still got his but never shoots it any more j sold mine after a few years. It's one of those things that is a blast to shoot and have fun with but after the new wears off you come to the conclusion your it's about useless for practical use. Both of ours where the 20" barrels. I guess I see them as novelty guns, so.ething to talk about when it gets brought out everyone wants to shoot it then it gets put back up when the new wears off till the next time some one says so.ething about a coach gun and the cycle repeats. Now it was fun to shoot rats in the field when you was bush hogging, shooting one handed not so much fun
© 2024 ALDEER.COM